Charles & Camilla: Visit to Romania, Italy, Holy See & Austria - Mar 29-Apr 6, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marika86

Heir Apparant, Royal Blogger
City
Villa San Giovanni
Country
Italy
Charles & Camilla: Visit to Romania, Italy, Holy See & Austria - Mar 29-Apr 6, 2017

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse Just announced: The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit Europe to celebrate links between the UK and Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria
Published on 7th March 2017

The Tour will highlight the UK's relationship with European partners in areas including social cohesion, military ties and combatting human trafficking.

The British Government has asked The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall to visit Europe between 29th March and 6th April 2017. The Tour will begin in Romania – The Prince will visit Bucharest and the surrounding area from 29th-31st March. The Prince and Duchess will then undertake engagements in Italy and the Holy See from 31st March – 5th April and in Vienna from 5th-6th April.

More details of Their Royal Highnesses' programme in each country will be released at a later date.

ENDS

Notes to Editors

The Prince of Wales has visited Romania officially once before. His Royal Highness has visited Italy officially 19 times, and The Duchess of Cornwall has visited once. The Prince has undertaken two previous visits to the Vatican, and The Duchess of Cornwall one. His Royal Highness has visited Austria officially 3 times and this will be The Duchess's first official visit.

I am sure it will be a very full agenda. This will be C&C demonstrating the soft power of the monarchy at its best.

Didnt Charles buy a house in Romania a fews years ago? I would think they would visit there on a fairly regular basis, enough so as to justify buying a house there.

From what I understand, Charles is quite active in preserving the rural way of life in Transylvania. Its been reported that he does own two properties there and although he may visit once or twice a year, the properties themselves are available for rentals.

From what I've seen, thanks to the Daily Mail's excellent photography, its a beautiful place to be and I wouldn't mind spending a few days there myself. :D

Prince Charles sets up foundation to protect Romania’s rural heritage - Telegraph

How you can stay at Prince Charles' £122-a-night Transylvanian farmhouses | Daily Mail Online

I am sure it will be a very full agenda. This will be C&C demonstrating the soft power of the monarchy at its best.
Agree! And I look forward to the ridiculous small media coverage as well. (With the exception of the audience with Pope Francis, who almost certainly will be shown on British television.)

From what I understand, Charles is quite active in preserving the rural way of life in Transylvania. Its been reported that he does own two properties there and although he may visit once or twice a year, the properties themselves are available for rentals.

From what I've seen, thanks to the Daily Mail's excellent photography, its a beautiful place to be and I wouldn't mind spending a few days there myself. :D

Prince Charles sets up foundation to protect Romania’s rural heritage - Telegraph

How you can stay at Prince Charles' £122-a-night Transylvanian farmhouses | Daily Mail Online
Too bad the Daily Fail is not as sexcellent when it comes to their journalism.

Prince Charles to be named Renaissance Man of the Year | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

"The heir to the throne will receive the award in Florence next month at a gala dinner in the sumptious Palazzo Vecchio while on the second leg of a nine-day tour of Romania, Italy, the Vatican, and Austria, all of it apart from Romania with his wife Camilla."

"The Prince of Wales will travel for the first time on the prime ministerial jet dubbed 'Cam Force One' when he visits Europe"

Prince Charles will hitch a ride on ‘Cam Force One’ | Daily Mail Online

Details about the European tour
"The Tour will highlight the UK's relationship with European partners in areas including social cohesion, military ties and combatting human trafficking."

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/me...e-of-wales-and-the-duchess-of-cornwalls-visit

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have a detailed itenarary yet?

Read More: Article 50: Prince Charles begins Brexit tour of Europe | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Charles' tour will also include visits, with the Duchess of Cornwall, to Italy and Austria in a trip that will be seen as a bridge-building exercise with the continent as Brexit begins.

The monarchy are seen as the nation's most important figureheads, with their soft style of diplomacy renewing ties and strengthening bonds with nations through official visits.

By the end of the year the Royal Family, dubbed Brexit Ambassadors by the press, will have visited the majority of the EU's major member states, France, Germany, Italy and Poland with the King of Spain coming to the UK for a state visit.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has said about the tour: "Royal visits play a very important role in the United Kingdom's bilateral diplomacy.

"The Royal Family are excellent and experienced ambassadors for the United Kingdom.

"Whilst every royal visit is unique, each visit is designed to support foreign policy objectives and promote closer ties across a range of areas, for example cultural, economic or political, between the UK and the host country."

Why two days in Romania ??One with the Princess , one with the President ?

Last edited:
Why isn't Charles joined by Camilla in Romania ?

Camilla is arriving on Friday.:)

Camilla is arriving on Friday.:)

Yes, but I assume mbruno is wondering why Camilla didn't go with him today. Odd that she wouldn't accompany him on the entire tour. She has no events today or tomorrow at home which would have delayed her coming.

According to Richard Palmer, he did inquire why Camilla wasn't going to Romania. Seems he didn't get an answer. Other than that 'Romania is his thing'.

Looking forward to seeing this tour.

I seem to remember other tours where she only did a part of it not the whole tour

I seem to remember other tours where she only did a part of it not the whole tour

On the 2008 tour, they both went to Japan and Brunei, but she then returned and he carried on to Indonesia,

Yes and got highly criticized for it. Looking back at the articles, some of the language sounds a lot like what the Cambridges now face.

She was reported as going home, because of the heat in Indonesia was too much for her. Clarence House emphasized that Charles paid her return flight it if pocket himself to avoid criticism over further expense.

Yes and got highly criticized for it. Looking back at the articles, some of the language sounds a lot like what the Cambridges now face.

She was reported as going home, because of the heat in Indonesia was too much for her. Clarence House emphasized that Charles paid her return flight it if pocket himself to avoid criticism over further expense.

I don't know why she has not gone to Romania and it is not for me to comment on that. However, if I was a member of the BRF, I would not let the Court of the Daily Mail decide what I should or should not do.

As far as Indonesia is concerned, if my memory serves me right, it was unofficially commented on that she returned early as she needed to be back in time to take care of some of the preparations for the events around the 60th birthday celebrations of the Prince of Wales.

How different would this be if it was a Will and Kate tour and Kate wasn't going to the start. It would be a major news item.

"Their Royal Highnesses Crown Princess Margareta and Principele Radu received today, Thursday, March 30, 2017, at 18, at the Elisabeta Palace, visit HRH Prince of Wales."

Principele de Wales vizitează astăzi Familia Regală | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Prince Charles, visits Stavropoleos Church during a walking tour of the Old Town on the third day of his nine day European tour on March 31, 2017 in Bucharest, Romania.

Prince Charles Photos Photos - The Prince Of Wales Visits Romania - Day 3 - Zimbio

Prince Charles has met Patriarch Daniel, head of the Romanian Orthodox Church during a visit to Bucharest as part of a royal tour.

https://www.premierchristianradio.c...harles-meets-head-of-Romanian-Orthodox-Church

Last edited by a moderator:
The visit to Romania is over? Or something planned for tomorrow as well?

Was not Camilla with Charles for Romania?

Back
Top Bottom