Charles & Camilla: Visit to Romania, Italy, Holy See & Austria - Mar 29-Apr 6, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charles was always alone in Romania. he has lands there.

Prince Lorenz was always alone in Romania , never Princess Astrid.

Court Circular 29th March:
The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for Romania and was received upon arrival this afternoon at Bucharest Henri Coanda (Otopeni) International Airport by the Romanian Ambassador to the Court of St. James's (Mr. Sorin-Dan Mihalache) and Her Majesty's Ambassador to Romania (His Excellency Mr. Paul Brummell).

His Royal Highness later visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Bucharest.

Afterwards The Prince of Wales was received by The President of Romania at Cotroceni Palace, Bucharest.

His Royal Highness his evening attended a Reception given by The President at Cotroceni Palace.

Mr. Clive Alderton, Mr. Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mrs. Laura Sullivan and Major Harry Pilcher are in attendance.

:previous: some very sweet pictures from the first few days. He seems to enjoy a very warm welcome as he visits

The Prince of Wales has arrived at Pisa airport in Italy for the second part of his Brexit charm offensive in the EU.

He'll spend the next five days here where he will visit the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, travel to war graves on the Austrian border, tour the 2016 earthquake-hit town of Amatrice, and meet the Pope at the Vatican.
Read more: The Royal EU charm offensive hits Italy on European tour - ITV News

Court Circular 30th March:
The Prince of Wales today carried out the following engagements in Romania. His Royal Highness this morning visited Muzeul Satului (Romanian Village Museum).

The Prince of Wales afterwards called upon Mr. Sorin Grindeanu (Prime Minister of Romania) at Victoria Palace, Bucharest.

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Vacaresti Delta Nature Park.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, the Fara Foundation, later visited the Fara Home for Children and Young People, Popesti Leordeni.

His Royal Highness was afterwards received by the Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church (His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel) at the Romanian Patriarchy and subsequently visited the Patriarchal Cathedral.

The Prince of Wales then visited the British Embassy and attended a Report Back Session on Modern Slavery.

His Royal Highness this evening called upon Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu of Romania at Elisabeta Palace, Bucharest.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Reception at the Hilton Hotel, Bucharest, given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Romania (His Excellency Mr. Paul Brummell) and The Prince of Wales' Foundation Romania.

Have really enjoyed the photos of the tour so far. Charles seems a natural and at easy report on these, likely years of experience. I look forward to more photos of this trip.

Prince Charles , visits the Italian quake-hit town of Amatrice on April 2, 2017 as part of his European tour

Belga Image

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...hquake-killed-nearly-300-people-a3505096.html

The Duchess of Cornwall visited a centre for victims of human trafficking and domestic violence today as her tour of Italy continued.

Last edited:
It is very moving to see the pics of Charles in Amatrice. Quite an impact.

More articles:
Prince Charles visits Italian town hit by deadly earthquake - BBC News
Prince Charles will also visit a former school which houses emergency services and reconstruction staff and lay a wreath at a memorial in the grounds.

The magnitude-6.2 quake struck on 24 August last year, killing 297 people.

Three Britons were among the dead, including 14-year-old Marcos Burnett from London, who was on holiday with his parents and sister.

Almost 4,000 people were also made homeless following the disaster, which took place 100km (65 miles) north-east of Rome.
Prince Charles walks amid ruins of quake-hit Amatrice in Italy
Prince Charles has visited an Italian town hit by a devastating quake last summer, walking amidst the ruins of ancient buildings and paying tributes to the victims.

The Prince of Wales was in Amatrice, in central Italy, as part of a European tour designed to shore up relations with EU allies post-Brexit.

Wearing a hard hat, he entered the abandoned "red zone" in the city centre, where collapsed houses lie next to the ruins of a 13th century Civic Tower.

As he was greeted by Amatrice's mayor, Sergio Pirozzi, the Prince told him: "The people in Britain mind very much what's happened to you all here."

Charles/Camilla has received more attention from the British press than on previous visits. Several royal photographers/reporters are with them and Sky News sent live from Italy earlier today.

I'm glad the British press is covering this official tour. The pictures are wonderful.

:previous: And the reason for that is Brexit. But I'm (as you) glad that they have received more media coverage on this visit than on previous visits.

There also haven't been any tours from the Cambridges or Harry. Last spring, you had Harry in Nepal and the Cambridges in India and Bhutan and Charles and Camilla in the Balkans. The press has limited funds so they are going to cover who will draw more interest.

:previous: And the reason for that is Brexit. But I'm (as you) glad that they have received more media coverage on this visit than on previous visits.

I agree, Brexit is the cause for the extensive coverage.

There also haven't been any tours from the Cambridges or Harry. Last spring, you had Harry in Nepal and the Cambridges in India and Bhutan and Charles and Camilla in the Balkans. The press has limited funds so they are going to cover who will draw more interest.

This is also true. Charles and Camilla get less coverage normally, but with Brexit, the coverage is better for them. I also think the media knows the time is coming for them to pay more attention to Charles and Camilla on the world stage.

Last edited:
I agree! But had it not been for the Royal EU charm offensive (as the press calls it), this visit would not have gotten any attention on British television at all, with the exception of the audience with the Pope.

I agree, Brexit is the cause for the extensive coverage.
Exactly!

What ever the cause girl extra civerage, brexit, glad for it. :flowers:

Great photos of Charles visiting the earthquake area.

I also enjoyed the story if Camilla at the church her family is connected to. Especially with her finding het family made a substantial donation to the church when they sold their house. Had to laugh at the joke she made.

I am really enjoying this tour. Not only the great photos but the stops they choose.

Would be good to see some coverage. The DM (the only paper I can access as the others are behind a pay wall) has nothing on the tour at all on its UK page (has a story about half-way down about the new book, one about Wallis Simpson cheating on Edward VIII and some about some European royals).

The coverage of this tour seems about normal for Charles and Camilla from my side of the world - none. But that is normal as they don't get any coverage unless it is negative or they are here.

If there was a story on their events for 2nd April it isn't there now (or I can't find it on the page on the internet).

Prince Charles, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visit Sant'Ambrogio Market to celebrate the Slow Food movement and meet local food producers of the Abruzzo region and areas affected by the earthquakes of 2016, on April 3, 2017 in Florence, Italy.

Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Italy - Day 4 -

Gala dinner tonight from the mayor of Florence

Belga Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4375124/Prince-Charles-Camilla-sample-Italian-food.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prince and Duchess will meet Pope Francis at the Vatican on Tuesday.

I believe this might the 1st meeting with the royal couple and Pope Francis.

The Prince and Duchess will meet Pope Francis at the Vatican on Tuesday.

I believe this might the 1st meeting with the royal couple and Pope Francis.

Thats right, their last trip to the Vatican was during the time of Pope Benedict.

Camilla choosing a fabric made in the year Charles was born was a nice touch indeed.

Back
Top Bottom