Charles & Camilla: Visit to Romania, Italy, Holy See & Austria - Mar 29-Apr 6, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Letizia wore a white business suit the last time she visited the Vatican.

She wore a white dress with blazer. But she isn't comparable to Camilla or the queen. She is the wife of a Spanish monarch, she is entitled to wear white. The only real deviance was she wasn't wearing a veil. But like Camilla, it was a private audience so the dress code isn't as strict.

Vienna was a great last stop. Charles joined in on making a funny jab at his spouse :flowers:

The riding school brings back amazing memories. My grandparents took me to the coast when little to see the Lippizaners. Long drive but started my obsession with horses. Would love to one day see in Vienna.

Sad to see tour end. Have been enjoying it.

She wore a white dress with blazer. But she isn't comparable to Camilla or the queen. She is the wife of a Spanish monarch, she is entitled to wear white. The only real deviance was she wasn't wearing a veil. But like Camilla, it was a private audience so the dress code isn't as strict.

I wasn't commenting on Letizia wearing white I was commenting on the supposed new relaxed dress code under which she could wear a business suit without a veil.

I wasn't commenting on Letizia wearing white I was commenting on the supposed new relaxed dress code under which she could wear a business suit without a veil.

Veils have never been required for private audiences. Even before lightening of rules. Letizia wore a knee length white dress with a coat, if she added a veil it wouldn't have been out of place at an official audience. Sofia herself has worn similar outfits, with no veil, on a privat pe audience.

The issue with Camilla isn't the lack of veil. It's the color she is wearing. Yes Elizabeth didn't wear black, not required for private, but she didn't wear white. White is associated with Catholic queens.

The issue with Camilla isn't the lack of veil. It's the color she is wearing. Yes Elizabeth didn't wear black, not required for private, but she didn't wear white. White is associated with Catholic queens.
What is wrong with the gold colour Camilla is wearing?

Court Circular 6th April:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Vienna, Austria.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited the Jewish Museum.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited the Musikverein and attended a rehearsal by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon visited the vineyard, Weinbau Buschenschank Obermann.

The Prince of Wales later attended a Meeting at the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited the Austrian Integration Fund.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently attended a Reception given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Austria (His Excellency Mr. Leigh Turner) at the Residence.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited the Spanish Riding School.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening arrived at Royal Air Force Brize Norton from Austria.
Mr. Clive Alderton, Mr. Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr. Julian Payne, Mrs. Laura Sullivan, Major Harry Pilcher and Mrs. Joy Maria Camm were in attendance.

What is wrong with the gold colour Camilla is wearing?

It's gold? Looks white or at least cream in most photos. Which seems to be the concern of many of the negative reactions here.

But as I have said several times, it doesn't matter. I truly enjoy the tradition as old fashion as it may be, for official visits. Private audiences don't have the same dress code. So color, no covering, doesn't bother me.

It's gold? Looks white or at least cream in most photos. Which seems to be the concern of many of the negative reactions here.

But as I have said several times, it doesn't matter. I truly enjoy the tradition as old fashion as it may be, for official visits. Private audiences don't have the same dress code. So color, no covering, doesn't bother me.

It was said the outfit is golden color, she didnt change her clothes for Pope. And the visit was not official, there is no need for fuss over it. If it was an official visit, Camilla would have wear black clothes and veil.

We all know this Pope is very relaxed about rules and traditions of dress code.

While I do really like that there are traditions and protocols and doing things a certain way when it comes to royalty and their countries, when it comes down to Pope Francis, it just doesn't seem in his character that he'd be a stickler for dress protocol. He's more interested in the person than the position they hold and he's a very humble man and I sort of get the feeling that he and Camilla are quite alike as they have the knack of making people feel at ease around them.

This is a man that chose not to live in the Papal apartments but rather in the Vatican guest house so that he could be among the people more.

So, with this in mind, Camilla could have shown up in a potato sack and HH wouldn't have blinked twice.

Back
Top Bottom