Charles and Camilla: Visit to Chile, Brazil and Ecuador - March 8-17, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Visit to Chile, Brazil and Ecuador: 8th - 17th March 2009

March 8

Prince Charles is to begin a three-country visit to Latin America Sunday, in a bid to raise awareness of conservation efforts.
Charles, accompanied by his wife, Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, will arrive first in Chile, the British embassy here said.

AFP: Royals set for Chilean visit

Thank you for the first pictures and the article. They both look cool at least. :cool:

:previous:
Cool for now. The high tomorrow is expected to be 32 (C), 89 (F), with lows of 12 - 13 (C), 56 (F). :ohmy:
I didn't find any information on the humidity levels. That's just a little too warm for me.

Lucia Santa Cruz! Talk about a blast from the past.
Friends for 40 years or thereabouts, and ever so discreet. :)

:previous: Thank you for the picture link, They all look to be sharing a joke in this one.

The Prince of Wales began his new elevated role as an international statesman in Chile.

The Prince, who the British Government wants to do more on the foreign stage, met Michelle Bachelet, the Chilean President, at the presidential palace in Santiago.

Prince Charles meets Chilean president - Telegraph

Daylife(Reuters) have a few photos from the dinner with the Chilean president, Michelle Bachelet.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is wearing a sky blue dress and a pearl multi-strand chocker with perhaps an aquamarine as the center stone.

:flowers:

Thank you for the pictures Paty. :flowers: The dress Camilla is wearing seems very bright.

If I am not mistaken, this dress had its first publiuc outing on C& C's tour of the Carribbean last year.

If I am not mistaken, this dress had its first publiuc outing on C& C's tour of the Carribbean last year.

Hmm i recognise the dress aswell.
Very pretty, suits her.
x

I believe that Prince Charles is also the godfather of Lucia Santa Cruz's first son.
After Diana's death, Camilla stayed in Chile for a while with Lucia to get away from the bad press in UK.

They are very old friends.

From the article -
The Prince is taking on an enhanced role as an international statesman because the British Government wants him to do more to promote its key interests abroad, particularly on climate change and the environment.
Chilean business sector representatives held roundtable talks in capital Santiago on March 9 with Britain's Prince Charles and the British ambassador in Chile, Howard Drake, to discuss climate change and the need to create a public-private committee to ensure sustainable productivity in the country

Private sector meets Prince Charles to discuss sustainable development, Chile, Water & Waste, news

Britain's Prince Charles made an urgent appeal to raise awareness of climate change when visiting Chile's capital during a Latin American tour.

Prince Charles launches climate change appeal in Chile | Indiana's NewsCenter: Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, CW, and My Network | Entertainment

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will fly to Brazil on Wednesday to embark on the second leg of their ten-day tour of South America.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall fly to Brazil for second leg of tour - Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all the lovely photographs. Coverage of this tour seems to be a bit sparse.

The Prince of Wales is flying to Rio de Janeiro to deliver his most impassioned plea yet on the urgency to tackle climate change.

Prince Charles flies to Rio to deliver keynote speech on climate change - Telegraph

What do you give a man who has everything? Another castle perhaps? That's what Prince Charles had offered to him -- in jest -- when he arrived in Brazil on a visit.

Psst, hey prince, you wanna buy a castle? | Indiana's NewsCenter: Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, CW, and My Network | Entertainment

BRASILIA: The Brazilian presidency got stuck in a diplomatic fumble on Wednesday when it got wrong the name of Britain's Prince Charles in an
official agenda

Brazilian govt calls Prince Charles ‘Chaves'-Rest of World-World-The Times of India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom