Charles & Camilla: Tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus & Jordan - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Charles & Camilla: Tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus & Jordan - March 2020

The spring tour will take place from March 17 to March 25, see the programme here.

The Prince of Wales will visit Bosnia and Herzegovina and The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will jointly visit the Republic of Cyprus and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

In the year of the 25th anniversary of the genocide, The Prince of Wales will visit Bosnia and Herzegovina where he will highlight reforms to improve citizens’ lives.

Their Royal Highnesses will make their first official visit to The Republic of Cyprus to recognise the work of the UN Peacekeeping Force and celebrate traditional Cypriot culture.

Their Royal Highnesses will visit The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to learn what the country is doing to support refugees and showcase its rich cultural history.

An extra thread for the visit to Jordan has been created here.

Last edited:
Ah - thank you, I'd seen that it said they were going, but missed the detailed itinerary! I did think they might go to Mostar, but I'm glad to see that they're going to Srebrenica.

Clarence House: “Owing to the unfolding situation with the Coronavirus pandemic, The British Government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan.

Clarence House: “Owing to the unfolding situation with the Coronavirus pandemic, The British Government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan.

Very sensible, although limiting TRH's agenda inside the UK is equally necessary, not least because the risk of contracting the virus in Britain is probably currently higher than in Bosnia.

I wonder if the incoming Japanese state visit will be postponed too.

I wonder if the incoming Japanese state visit will be postponed too.

That may well be the case. Lets see how things develop. The mood on the street is not great.

It's very hard to plan ahead at the moment, but people over 70 are at the greatest risk and there's no sense in taking chances.

It was the only move to make...hopefully they can reschedule for later in the year..

It's better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad Charles and Camilla cancelled the tour.

Back
Top Bottom