Charles & Camilla: Tour of Australia, New Zealand & Papua New Guinea - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been delighted to see how well-received and welcome the Royal couple have been in Australia and New Zealand.

I think he looks fine for his age. Unfortuately, Camilla, looks older than she should. I, believe, years of smoking have done that.

COUNTESS said:
I think he looks fine for his age. Unfortuately, Camilla, looks older than she should. I, believe, years of smoking have done that.

He's the oldest ever Prince of Wales! Even Edward VII was only 59 when his mother died!

But he isn't the oldest heir to the throne or the oldest to succeed. William IV was very close to 65 when he succeeded his older brother being 64 and 10 months at his accession.

Edward VII also didn't take much care of his health smoking very heavily all his life and ate enormous meals as well.

I think he looks quite distinguished; certainly as he's aged he looks more and more sophisticated than he did in his 30's and 40's.

He looks to be in very good shape. Charles knows, and has long believed, that we are what we eat. His diet would naturally support a healthy immune system and a trim physique in accompaniment of regular exercise (whatever that may be for him).

Last edited:
I actually think Charles looks better now than he did 20 years ago, but I also think that's because he's finally "grown into his looks". What I mean by that is thanks to his facial features, he had the kind of "look" that really didn't fit w/his age at the time IMO.

Now however is the best he's looked in ages and half of that is due to, IMO, he's finally looking his age facial wise and it finally really fits for the first time. The other half is due to him being happy w/his relationship and personal life.

As I said, JMO and I *know* I didn't express myself the way I'd like to up there, but please be assured it was *not* an attack on the Prince.

Is tomorrow the day he gets to visit Middle Earth? *turns green w/envy*

Iluvbertie said:
But he isn't the oldest heir to the throne or the oldest to succeed. William IV was very close to 65 when he succeeded his older brother being 64 and 10 months at his accession.

Edward VII also didn't take much care of his health smoking very heavily all his life and ate enormous meals as well.

I stand corrected. One more year and he'll be the oldest. I pray Her Majesty lives to surpass Victoria as the longest-reigning British monarch.

He's the oldest ever Prince of Wales! Even Edward VII was only 59 when his mother died!

And is this supposed to be wrong ?

Being Heir/Monarch today is very different from the past. While in the past the monarch commanded and the heir obeyed till it was his time to become monarch, nowadays the monarch has lot of merely ceremonial duties while the heir has a lot more time to do things important for him. Thus, I think Charles is pretty glad to be still the heir.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that he will be the Prince of Wales for a long time coming. And I'm sure he feels the same way.

I agree, I think The Prince of Wales is pretty happy with his current role. Although I do think he will try to be involved with a great even when he's Monarch.

sarahedwards2 said:
I read that someone tried to throw horse manure on him, but they got caught. My mom and I were thinking about what Anne would say. Then my mom started singing "When I'm 64".

Of course you were thinking of Anne when something involving Prince Charles comes up.

Not that I don't enjoy talking about horse manure but, I must admit that as a 27 year old female I've developed something of a crush on Charles. I think he looks more and more distinguished, helped by his increasingly silver hair. He also has an attractive speaking voice.

He seems to be sporting one of those 'plebeian' tans (presumably picked up while working in his gardens) which really suits him IMO.

EIIR said:
Not that I don't enjoy talking about horse manure but, I must admit that as a 27 year old female I've developed something of a crush on Charles. I think he looks more and more distinguished, helped by his increasingly silver hair. He also has an attractive speaking voice.

He seems to be sporting one of those 'plebeian' tans (presumably picked up while working in his gardens) which really suits him IMO.

As a 51 year old female I agree with you that the Prince is looking more & more distinguished as he ages. I certainly think he is more attractive now than as a young man.

I think he's one of those men who just improves with age.

Madame Royale said:
I think he looks quite distinguished; certainly as he's aged he looks more and more sophisticated than he did in his 30's and 40's.

He looks to be in very good shape. Charles knows, and has long believed, that we are what we eat. His diet would naturally support a healthy immune system and a trim physique in accompaniment of regular exercise (whatever that may be for him).

Picture it. The Queen doing Water Aerobics.

I must say, HRH look good for his age and seems pretty healthy. It just reminds me that he will be up there when he come to the throne and I do wonder how long he reign will last?

If even the deeply republican newspaper The Australian is judging Charles and Camilla's visit a success, then TRH can be very happy:

"Despite a modest build up, and perhaps low expectations, public interest was substantial - the visit widely reported nationally and dominating local news coverage at each destination.

"There were no slip-ups, embarrassments or incidents, and the Prince of Wales proved to be the very model of a modern heir to the throne. And Australians seem to welcome and warm to him as such.

“Given the trials that have beset the royal family, and the prince in particular, critics have been quick to point to him as a weakness in the line of succession.

"His mother, the Queen , has earned deep and longstanding respect and admiration from Australians, and the dashing young couple of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge have added a new level of excitement and interest for royal watchers.

"Given the tragic events surrounding Charles's first marriage and the death of Princess Diana, some feared the public might not warm to his new wife and lifelong friend Camilla. But the graceful way she fulfilled her duties on this visit - and the way the public responded - has consigned such doubts to history.”

Full article here:

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

:previous:

Hear ! Hear!

I think it was, indeed, one of their best tour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom