Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisa said:
I agree that neither Diana, Charles, or Camilla were without fault in matter. However, it is Charles and Camilla that should bear the grunt of the blame.

Why should Charles and Camilla bear the "grunt" of the blame? If all three parties are guilty of having affairs, Charles and Camilla just with each other, then all three parties are guilty, period. If Camilla is going to be dragged in because she cheated with Charles then James Hewitt needs to be dragged into the equation and share the blame, too.

Alisa said:
In Camilla's case she was already married with two children when newly married Charles came running to her. She should have done the right and honorable thing by sending Charles back to his new wife. Instead she chose to betray her own husband and Diana by sleeping with Charles.

Camilla didn't betray Diana in any way. Charles betrayed Diana because he's the one who pledged vows to honour, cherish and be faithful to her. Not Camilla. Camilla betrayed Andrew Parker-Bowles, but not Diana. To say Camilla betrayed Diana is like saying Charles betrayed Andrew Parker-Bowles through his affair with Camilla.

azile1710 said:
Come on now. Camilla never "picked" Diana. Charles did. He's the one who CHOSE to marry Diana and she's the one who CHOSE to marry him. No one was held at gunpoint in St. Paul's Cathederal that day. Sometimes choices in life don't end up with the results one is hoping for.

For the record, none of these three are without mistakes. We now know that Charles was probably in love with Camilla all the way along (who knows when their affair started up again) and Camilla CHOSE at some point to start the affair. But Diana CHOSE to also have affairs, some with characters that, arguably, were seedier, uglier and more awful than what Camilla has been described to be.

The fact is that no matter what we think about Camilla, Charles obviously loves her. That hasn't changed over the past 30 years and it's not likely to in the future. Many people on this board have not liked Mary, Letitia or Mette Marit, but we have generally been open to giving these women a chance in their new roles.

Why are we treating Camilla differently? I don't think that by giving her a chance, we love Diana any less.

Eliza

Very well said Eliza! I agree with all that you've said here.

Did Charles realize?

Part of me wonders if Charles really considered cheating on Diana wrong. Maybe in the back of his mind he did. However, it was almost ok for royals (especially men) to have a lover, because the spouse was for the public, and not for love. Apparently, Diana didn't know this happened in royal circles, or thought Charles didn't do it. Maybe that's why he married her-he didn't really take it that seriously. It is unfortunate that Diana was never clued in. She was SO young, and very in love. I'm sure also starstruck at becoming the Princess of Wales.

But i wonder can she have the crown like other British Royal female and the Family Order too?

Well, she's bound to get a Family Order when Charles becomes king. Interesting point about whether the Queen will give her a Family Order in the present reign, though. And if she outlives Charles, what will William do about Family Orders?

It says that she is intended to take the title Duchess of Cornwall. When the time comes and enough years has passed for the public´s adoration of Diana to die down a bit, he may indeed have her take the title Queen for which she deserves as the wife of the King.

Last edited:
james said:
Camilla's ring has one of the biggest diamonds I've ever seen.

I think that her ring is so simpel like Camilla is..Honestly i don´t like her and i never will. The tru princess of UK will always be Princess Diana for me.
Is it just me but is prince Charles ears always that red ? It looks to me that he migth be ashamed of his engagement to Camilla.:eek:

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think that her ring is so simpel like Camilla is..Honestly i don´t like her and i never will. The tru princess of UK will always be Princess Diana for me.
Is it just me but is prince Charles ears always that red ? It looks to me that he migth be ashamed of his engagement to Camilla.:eek:

Doesn't he have...what's it called? Rosacea? I'm not sure I've spelled it correctly. But it causes "blushing" and facial/neck/ear/etc redness...

I am not a big fan of Camilla. But I think it is time for them to marry. Do I think Camilla is a beauty Queen? NO!!!! Some of the news programs were very nasty to her.

A anchor on the show Crossfire said something to the effect of her looking like a big vicous hunting dog.
I've always wanted Charles to stand up for his woman and in a way he is doing that. He is making an honest woman out of her and she is making an honest man out of him.

Alexandria said:
Why should Charles and Camilla bear the "grunt" of the blame? If all three parties are guilty of having affairs, Charles and Camilla just with each other, then all three parties are guilty, period. If Camilla is going to be dragged in because she cheated with Charles then James Hewitt needs to be dragged into the equation and share the blame, too.

I already explain this in my previous post,but it was Charles and Camilla who initiated the troubles when they decided to have an affair, not Diana. Diana didn't start having an affair with Hewitt until it was quite clear that Charles intended to continue his affair with with Camilla. So they are the ones to be blamed.

Alexandria said:
Camilla didn't betray Diana in any way. Charles betrayed Diana because he's the one who pledged vows to honour, cherish and be faithful to her. Not Camilla. Camilla betrayed Andrew Parker-Bowles, but not Diana. To say Camilla betrayed Diana is like saying Charles betrayed Andrew Parker-Bowles through his affair with Camilla.

I beg to differ. When two people get married and they make their vows to love, honor, and cherish each other and only each other. To commit adultery the sin of adultery is to betray not only your mate but also those knowingly involved in the situation.

Article from Telegraph News, about Camilla and the "Princess Consort" title.

Destined to be the first Princess Consort
By Sally Pook

Camilla Parker Bowles will be the first Princess Consort in British history when the Prince of Wales becomes King.

The closest approximation is the title conferred on Prince Albert, who was officially known as Prince Consort to Victoria.

Lord Melbourne, Victoria's first Prime Minister, advised against his being created a King Consort saying: "Let's hear no more about it ma'am; for if you once get the English people in the way of making kings, you will get them into the way of unmaking them."

Prince Albert did not become Prince Consort until 1857, some 17 years after they married.

Some commentators yesterday noted how Prince Albert also worked diligently to win popular affection after suffering initial hostility.

Harold Brooks-Baker, the publishing director of Burke's Peerage, said: "Queen Victoria wanted to honour Prince Albert by letting it be known that he should be called Prince Consort. It is just a rather crafty way of making it sound different. Everyone who marries a prince or princess is their consort."

Historically, the wife of the King automatically becomes Queen, although the formal title is Queen Consort.

Every wife of a King has been known as Queen Consort except Mary II, who was joint sovereign with William III. She was Queen in her own right and they reigned together from 1689 to 1694.

There is no Act of Parliament saying that the wife of the King should be Queen, but it is a historic convention. Since 1821, every Queen has been crowned and anointed with the King at a coronation ceremony.

Mr Brooks-Baker said: "They have come up with this idea of Princess Consort to make it look as if they have created something special for her. It is a non title. There is no more difference in this name than being referred to as Mrs Jones.

"Instead, they should look at using a royal title that hasn't been used for some time, such as the Duchess of Cambridge."

When she marries Prince Charles, Mrs Parker Bowles will be known as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, not the Princess of Wales. The title of Duchess of Cornwall is automatically bestowed upon the wife of the heir to the throne. It was one of many conferred upon the late Diana, Princess of Wales when she married Prince Charles.

It is not often used because the title Princess of Wales is more significant. That title, for many, still conjures memories of Prince Charles's first wife. Queen Mary was the last royal to use the title.

t.gif

I'm a little bit confused on the title matter: Upon marriage to Charles will Camilla be known as Princess Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall? Or will she just be Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall?

Alexandria said:
I'm a little bit confused on the title matter: Upon marriage to Charles will Camilla be known as Princess Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall? Or will she just be Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall?

If I am not mistaken, it should be Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. I remember with Diana, she was Diana, Princess of Wales or The Princess of Wales. She was never officially Princess Diana. I do believe that is a title by birth.

Alexandria said:

Upon her marriage, Camilla will be known as HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. The title of prince/princess is not usually given directly to anyone who marries into the royal family - e.g. Princess Michael of Kent. Diana was actually "Princess Charles" or HRH Diana Princess of Wales - not Princess Diana. Sarah Ferguson was actually "Princess Andrew" or HRH Sarah Duchess of York. Technically, Camilla will be "Princess Charles" also. The royal consorts only get use their husbands' titles officially as a courtesy. Prince Philip, of course, is the exception. He was created a prince of Great Britain by K. George VI before his marriage to then P. Elizabeth.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
Well, she's bound to get a Family Order when Charles becomes king. Interesting point about whether the Queen will give her a Family Order in the present reign, though. And if she outlives Charles, what will William do about Family Orders?
More of a question, if charles is not there anymore, where would queen place camilla?

Thanks for the answers everyone.

As imagined, there's been a lot of coverage of this engagement even by non-royal sources and I heard on several (usually) reputable news stations (and apparent royal experts they were interviewing) who kept saying that Camilla would be Princess Camilla.

(Some royal experts the networks have got -- they didn't half the things our members know, such as the reason for Charles' red-collared and red-cuffed jacket from last night's dinner. One guy on Good Morning America this morning said it was just how upper class British men dressed -- he didn't mention the fact that it was a special jacket Windsor men wore for formal dinners hosted at Windsor Castle! They should interview us instead!)

Charles Spencer have no comment about Prince Charles

I read Sky news of Princess Diana's brother he have no comment of her brother about Prince Charles and Camilla getting married again but he knew everythings about his late sister the Princess Diana since 1981-1997

i dont blame her brother

Sara Boyce

A graceful response on his part. I'm sure privately however, the Spencers are upset. I would be too if my sister was "swept under a rug" by her husband for another woman.

I am pretty sure that Camila will be known as Queen Camila if Charles becomes a King.

She needs to change her name...queen Camila sounds awful.

More of a question, if charles is not there anymore, where would queen place camilla?

Same place as where she'd be if he was there, as far as I know.

Victoria1999 said:
I am pretty sure that Camila will be known as Queen Camila if Charles becomes a King.

She needs to change her name...queen Camila sounds awful.

NO!

Camilla cant become Queen of England or Princess of Wales because she not popular! but she will known as Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Consort many people wanted to low-profiles for famous late Diana,Princess of Wales who died in 1997 that why Diana still as popular Princess and she still as Queen's hearts.

many people wanted William become King right NOW! or his dad will lose rights or his dad wanted to become King and William can wait or NOW when Queen gets died.

Camilla cant took Princess of Wales but Prince William told her about that if William got marry they can become Prince and Princess of Wales and become Queen of England.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
NO!

Camilla cant become Queen of England or Princess of Wales because she not popular! but she will known as Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Consort many people wanted to low-profiles for famous late Diana,Princess of Wales who died in 1997 that why Diana still as popular Princess and she still as Queen's hearts.

many people wanted William become King right NOW! or his dad will lose rights or his dad wanted to become King and William can wait or NOW when Queen gets died.

Camilla cant took Princess of Wales but Prince William told her about that if William got marry they can become Prince and Princess of Wales and become Queen of England.

Sara Boyce

William will not become the Prince of Wales until Charles is King. His wife will probably be known as the Princess of Wales.

I'm sorry, but Camilla will be the new Princess of Wales. Out or respect for Diana, she will not be known as that, but as the Duchess of Cornwall.

I think she will be called Queen Camilla. Charles will want her to be.

Alexandria said:
They should interview us instead!

Yes, they should. There are so many more informed people on TRF than on these shows. TRF rules! Three cheers for TRF! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

kinneret5764 said:
A graceful response on his part. I'm sure privately however, the Spencers are upset. I would be too if my sister was "swept under a rug" by her husband for another woman.

Who really cares what Earl Spencer thinks?
The man is an adulterous bore who only cared about the amount of "street cred" his sister bought him and, since her death, how much money he can make out of her. All his blustering at the funeral proved to be empty promises. He does nothing worthwhile for William & Harry.

Binky said:
William will not become the Prince of Wales until Charles is King. His wife will probably be known as the Princess of Wales.

I'm sorry, but Camilla will be the new Princess of Wales. Out or respect for Diana, she will not be known as that, but as the Duchess of Cornwall.

i agree...it doesn't matter what the government or clearance house said now....It is up to POW to give the title of "Queen" to Camilla if he wishes when he becomes king! Just like now...QE II can give Prince Philip the title of the Duke of Edinberg (spelling?!) or Prince Consort or anything...

so if Charles becomes King....I would think that he WANTS his camilla to become Queen of England...although abt 60% of the ppl oppose their marriage (according to the statistics from newspapers):mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Merca said:
Well, NJRedDevils, it certainly seems that royal houses, and most importantly the Church have become more relaxed in their views on matrimony. Remember, it was Felipe and Letizia (also a divorcee) who broke that rule first, so there is nothing unusual in Charles´s and Camilla´s marriage. On the contrary, it would be much more to frown upon if they did not get married after all. Isn´t the so called "living in sin" graver sin for the Church than marrying a divorcee? What is that rule anyway that one must not marry the divorcee but the ex-wife or ex-husband of the divorcee can? Camilla´s ex-husband is already married.
Letizia's matter is quiet different,her previous marriage was not a religous one

Australian said:
Who was the previous Duchess of Cornwall?

Princess Diana. She had that title when she was married to Charles. "of Wales" outranks "of Cornwall" and she used the traditional higher title.

Camilla will be Queen, even if not called Queen, and legally she will be Princess of Wales, even if not called that.

I wonder what havoc Diana can wreak now? Harry, it is reported, does not like Camilla and is very protective of his memory of his mother.

Binky said:

are you out of mind! what im talking about my posts! that totally out of order!

Camilla is not going become Queen! you know she understand why she cant become Queen following popular Princess of Wales in 1997.

but she will known as Duchess of Cornwall nor Princess of Consort PEROID! but Camilla would understand she cant become Queen nor becoming Princess of Wales because she not popular! she is homewrecker since her mistress got married to Princess Diana in 1981 but Diana got point! and Diana insult to Camilla as "Camillagates" in the taboilds,magazine and rotweiller but the British monarchy would understand why! and Diana told Prince Charles for unfit as father what Diana done in the taboilds and Queen really rocker!

but William will known for becoming King of England after his dad and HM Queen i would DAMN IT but many people been vote for Prince William to become King of England more 100% than his dad the Prince of Wales he is future King of England when his grandmother will died im not sure when!

Camilla cant accepting to taking titles becoming Princess of Wales and becoming Queen of England because many people wanted to low-profiles following death of Princess Diana of Wales in 1997.

Diana will known as Diana,Princess of Wales or Princess Diana many people will known as Princess Diana or Diana,Princess of Wales no matters! when she divorces to Prince Charles but Camilla cant getting new Princess of Wales many people will hurt feelings about famous Princess they wanted to respect of late Princess of Wales please trust me! many people went see Princess Diana's childhood homes and her late home to put flower for her birthday and anniversary of her death.

Sara Boyce

Binky said:

No!

Camilla cant become Princess of Wales and becoming Queen of England follow remind of late Princess Diana of Wales they wanted to low-profiles you wanted hurt feelings for Prince William and Harry? they wanted to respect of Princess Diana

but Camilla would known as Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Consort

many people wanted to low-key profiles for late Princess Diana of Wales's death in 1997 they why need it! but Camilla cant took Diana's titles to become popular if Diana would be here they Diana would getting pissed off for sakes!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom