Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be jumping the gun a bit as there is still a lot of reaction to the news of the engagement itself: But when Charles and Camilla get married in April, what will the guest list be like?

They're talking about a private family affair in the castle, so the guest list will probably be pretty short and restricted to people who are close to the families. I expect there'll be more guests at the service afterwards, but if the royal family has any sense, those guests will be low-profile individuals who are connected with charities and other good causes as well as more of the personal friends of the couple.

Isn't that red collar something to do with a special "Windsor Coat" designed by Prince Philip and worn by male family members who he invites to be able to do so? Or am I thinking of something else?

It reminds me of a hunting coat that men wear when they go out hunting. At least that shade of red does. Any sense? No, I think they should invite anybody they want to just not people who will cause an embarrassment. I guess that kind of limits the options right there...

The red collar and cuffs are worn by male members of the royal famiily with evening wear when they are at Windsor Castle. It's also been reported that the blessing in St. George's will probably be televised and the church will be full.

Camilla's ring has one of the biggest diamonds I've ever seen.

The happy couple at Windsor Castle tonight - the first spot of the ring!

Attachments

• AP758062_guest.jpg
    AP758062_guest.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 400
  • AP758063_guest.jpg
    AP758063_guest.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,857
  • AP758065_guest.jpg
    AP758065_guest.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 310
  • AP758069_guest.jpg
    AP758069_guest.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3,782
  • AP758057_guest.jpg
    AP758057_guest.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 317
Alexandria said:
This may be jumping the gun a bit as there is still a lot of reaction to the news of the engagement itself: But when Charles and Camilla get married in April, what will the guest list be like?

I certainly don't expect a wedding guest list as grand and as extensive as when he married Diana, but can we expect something smaller and more private like what Lady Davina Windsor had when she married Gary Lewis? Especially since this is a civil service yet on the other hand can we expect something a bit more grand because he is the future king?
I think it will be a very tiny wedding. I think if it was too big, it would cause more problems, i.e. spending money on a wedding that many people disagree with. It may even be smaller than Davina's, as this the second marriage for both of them, but that's just my thought on the matter.

james said:
The red collar and cuffs are worn by male members of the royal famiily with evening wear when they are at Windsor Castle. It's also been reported that the blessing in St. George's will probably be televised and the church will be full.
How many people more or less fit in St. George's?

I had also seen a press mention that it will be a discrete wedding with just family and friends. We'll all find out soon enough.

I must say from the photos, she is radiating happiness.

The civil ceremony will be totally private but choosing St. George's for the blessing instead of the private chapel in the Castle suggests quite a lot of people will witness this. Also, unlike Davina, Charles is the next Monarch so there does have to be a degree of national involvement in his wedding.

A few more from Windsor Castle tonight:

Attachments

• AP758071_guest.jpg
    AP758071_guest.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 282
  • AP758076_guest.jpg
    AP758076_guest.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 282
  • AP758079_guest.jpg
    AP758079_guest.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 220
How many people more or less fit in St. George's?

I think there were about 500 guests at the Earl of Wessex's wedding at St George's.

I am really at a loss for words about this..too many emotions involved. Only time will tell about the marriage. I do feel for William and Harry...they have been through too much in their young lives and I wonder what their reactions to the engagement were?

I do feel it is the right thing for them to get married. No one should be denied this. But I just feel like this is one of the darkest days ever. I feel so bad. And yes I wonder what William and HArry really feel about this. It would be soemthing if they did not attend the wedding. I know I wouldn't. I come up with some of the infamous excuses that they have come up with in the past. I just feel so sad about this. Yeah they were in love, but it caused a butt load of ppl pain and tragedy. And it probably continues to do so today...

More pictures from Windsor Castle!

Attachments

• AP758104_guest.jpg
    AP758104_guest.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 194
  • AP758103_guest.jpg
    AP758103_guest.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 223
  • AP758102_guest.jpg
    AP758102_guest.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 223
  • AP758101_guest.jpg
    AP758101_guest.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 180
  • AP758097_guest.jpg
    AP758097_guest.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 212
  • AP758096_guest.jpg
    AP758096_guest.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 208
  • AP758095_guest.jpg
    AP758095_guest.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 197
  • AP758082_guest.jpg
    AP758082_guest.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 177
  • AP758081_guest.jpg
    AP758081_guest.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 217
  • AP758080_guest.jpg
    AP758080_guest.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 177
Reina said:
...But I just feel like this is one of the darkest days ever. I feel so bad...
May I very respectfully suggest that you take a very deep breath and gain some perspective? You may dislike her as much as you desire and this marriage as well, but surely we need not speak in such dramatic terms, especially after such recent truly dark days as the tsunami. England and the British Monarchy will survive quite well. I say this with no intention of being snippy, but I think you take this too much to heart.

They are too old for this!!!

Do you really think that love is a matter of age ??!

She is the most ugly woman that I ever saw in my whole life; honestly I can not understand what he sees on her.

If people only married beautiful persons , a large number of us would be left on the road ...

Anyway, please stop this kind of mean-spirited remarks ... :eek:

I think this is wonderful news ! Camilla is not the most beautiful woman in the world but you have no idea of what she is worth to be loved for or not . This seem to be true love between them and that is the most important thing ! I wish them the best ! :)

Tonight's gala dinner was a "business dinner", so I don't think any of the sons were there, only people connected to The Prince of Wales's causes that he supports - or whatever the dinner was about.

Tonight, Mrs Parker Bowles told the media that The Prince of Wales went down on one knee to propose and added: "I'm just coming down to earth." :)

I was not comparing this to the tsunami disaster or 9/11, but for the BRF. I don't think I can look at the BRF in the same light anymore. Just imagine the official pictures now. This is so freaggin' weird. Thankfully I will get to see William ascend the throne and I hope he will be able to restore the institution of the Bmonarchy and the rightful institution of one, stable marriage. Hopefully...

Hehe..That's holding high hopes up for William. I can truly imagine William marrying just about anyone at this point that "loves".

It seems that there are no standards anymore for who can marry into a royal family.

According to Sky News, they will have their honeymoon at Birkhall at Balmoral in Scotland. :)

I for one am very happy for the both of them. Charles and Camilla are pushing 60 and I think they are old enough to do what they wish. And it appears the Her Majesty the Queen and Princes William and Harry are very happy for them. Lets face it The Queen has not been very supportive of Charles' relationship with Camilla, however, if she can get over it and realize that it's for the best then that's a sign that Charles and Camilla have made the right decision.

I think if Diana were still alive she would be supportive. Let us not forget that a marriage takes 2 people to make it work, and 2 people to make it fail. Diana made her share of mistakes during her marriage to Charles. Charles is not the only guilty party.

Congrats to His Royal Highness and Ms. Parker-Bowles.

God save the Queen and God Bless the Prince of Wales!!!!

Don't be angry, Lucys, but i think you are the not who is taking this too far... Nobody had spoken about Tsunami hear. I don't know if the British Monarchy will survive quite well as you said... According to Sky News, 65% are against this marriage! ;)
Regards

lucys said:
May I very respectfully suggest that you take a very deep breath and gain some perspective? You may dislike her as much as you desire and this marriage as well, but surely we need not speak in such dramatic terms, especially after such recent truly dark days as the tsunami. England and the British Monarchy will survive quite well. I say this with no intention of being snippy, but I think you take this too much to heart.

I just heard about this now, and I admit it was a shock, make that, a big shock. My first reaction was "How can they?", "what are they thinking" and , "isn't it time for their kids to get married rather than them."

I have changed my mind now. They are already "living together" in a manner. Its time they made it official and legal. I admit, I never favored Camilla much, but she makes Charles very happy, therefore, she'll do just fine. I believe had they been allowed to marry earlier, so much heartbreak might have been prevented, on both sides.

Therefore, congratulations to the couple on their upcoming nuptials.

Last edited:
I also so surprise that they will marry.How can Her Majesty appove for this marriage?But in another way,i think it's OK.They are too old now.They have in loved for nearly 35 years.So we should agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom