Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/03/31/sociedad/1112266644.html

The Princes of Asturias will not attend the wedding of Charles and Camila, because Felipe has already a previous commitment: the investiture of his intimate friend , the Chilean president Ricardo Lakes, in Salamanca, as doctor honoris causa. According to sources of the Royal House no other member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the ceremony.

Service Live on Aussie TV

The two major commercial television networks in Australia, channels 7 and 9, will be broadcasting the service of prayer and dedication from St George's Chapel Windsor LIVE next week.

Channel 7 will have pre-wedding coverage from 9pm, and Channel 9 will start at 11pm.

The actual wedding service is private, and will not be televised.

Warren said:
The two major commercial television networks in Australia, channels 7 and 9, will be broadcasting the service of prayer and dedication from St George's Chapel Windsor LIVE next week.

Channel 7 will have pre-wedding coverage from 9pm, and Channel 9 will start at 11pm.

Great!That's really great.I have to record this.:)

A Dilemma?

Sara

Will you be watching the post-wedding service on television?

Warren said:
Sara

Will you be watching the post-wedding service on television?

yes!

how have air on television? im american!

Sara Boyce

Sara, you might want to check out the BBC America schedule.

Elspeth said:
Sara, you might want to check out the BBC America schedule.

ok i will check my dish channels if have there HOPE!

Sara Boyce

For all in the US~I was watching "The View" earlier and Barbara Walters said that she would be covering the ceromony for ABC so I'm pretty sure they will be showing the wedding live.

I'm going to ask an odd question.
Should the royal wedding be postponed or make low key if the Pope dies? I know the BBC made a joke about this (shame on them) but still I think that any royal wedding this week will be well wrong.
I was thinking that they go ahead with the wedding, but include a special prayer for the pope, or wear black armbands or something, to show people that they aren't celebrating while the world mourns.

they could not make their wedding more low key if they tried

they are not catholics, if the dalai lama died would you suggest etc

do not think that the pope would want anyone to postpone their wedding on his account. He will be smiling on them from heavan

Claire said:
I'm going to ask an odd question.
Should the royal wedding be postponed or make low key if the Pope dies? I know the BBC made a joke about this (shame on them) but still I think that any royal wedding this week will be well wrong.
I was thinking that they go ahead with the wedding, but include a special prayer for the pope, or wear black armbands or something, to show people that they aren't celebrating while the world mourns.

I don't think it would make a difference to the marriage if the Pope died; it might be a good excuse for Andrew Parker Bowles (a Catholic) to decline his invitation to the event, however.

If it had been the Archbishop of Canterbury at death's door it might have made a difference;realistically I don't think the Pope's condition will do so.

Earlier a priest on MSNBC was talking about the Pope's death. While talking he mentioned how people were reacting in London because he was there last week. He said he heard that if the Pope were to die this week he had heard that Prince Charles wanted to attend the funeral.

I hardly think he'll be smiling on them from heaven. That's going a bit too far. If anything, he won't look down on them, I know if I was dead, I wouldn't. But the wedding is in 6 days, only a day or two after the pope's funeral. Is that cause for a postponement do you think?

Is that cause for a postponement do you think?

I seriously doubt it!

From what I've read on other boards the Duke of Norfolk will be the Queens representatvive at the the funeral and I doubt he would have been invited to the wedding anyway.

The Duke of Norfolk is the most senior Catholic peer in the English peerage; he's a very good choice for Her Majesty's representative at the funeral. The father of the present Duke represented the Queen at the funerals of Pope Paul VI and Pope John Paul I, so it's appropriate that the present Duke should do the same now.

hi....found this funny / discusting pic on the sun newspaper

Camilla the slapper
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005151067,00.html

and this
Charles the gaffer
trans.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005151065,00.html

:D

Warren said:

Just got my TV guide for this week & the wedding coverage is not listed???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think that there will be any wedding. The Pope has just died. Everything will be postponed now.

May Pope Jon Paul II rest in peace!

Victoria1999 said:
I don't think that there will be any wedding. The Pope has just died. Everything will be postponed now.

As the British royals are not Catholic & the Popes funeral is on Wednesday there will be no postponing of the wedding. The Duke of Norfolk will represent the Queen at the funeral (unless the Duchess of Kent volunteers to go). I can't imagine that the D of N would have been invited to the marriage blessing anyway so there is no reason for it to cause any change in the arrangements.

Victoria1999 said:

While it is a very sad moment in history and in life that Pope John Paul II has passed away, I see no reason for Charles and Camilla to post-pone their wedding.

As it has been stated in another thread, Charles is of the Anglican faith (I think Camilla is of another faith?), and were Charles of the Catholic faith there might be pause for consideration that the wedding might be post-poned because of this. But he's not. And one day he will be the head of the Church of England, not the Roman Catholic Church.

A lot of planning for the wedding itself and for security measures takes place -- to post-pone it would cause a tremendous upheaval, especially less than 6 days to the wedding. Royal guests and guests with busy schedules have also made time for this wedding -- you can't expect that guests will re-arrange their schedules for a second time to attend Charles and Camilla's wedding.

Camilla is also an Anglican.

People get confused because her first wedding took place in the Roman Catholic Church due to her husband was of that denomination.

She is and always has been of the Church of England denomination.

Personally I see no reason for a postponment.

I have all my videos ready to tape all the proceedings. I will tape it on as many machines as I can and then compare coverage.

Wymanda I checked the online TV guide and according to that both Channels 7 and 9 are giving some coverage.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/index.cfm?action=sessionTimes

I hope this link takes you to Friday night's programmes.

You all are right. I completely forgot that they are not catolics. I am not a catolic either, but I am very much affected by his death as well as the world.

I guess the wedding is on.

I too am not a Roman Catholic but this death has certainly affected me. He was an example to us all, even if we didn't agree with everything he said.

I pray that the cardinals will make a wise choice with his replacement.

do you think he would want an excuse, he is happily remarried and would they invite him if they thought it was painful for him. I thought his being at the wedding very civilized and harmonious, it is after all not conventional to invite the ex partner

Elspeth said:
I don't think it would make a difference to the marriage if the Pope died; it might be a good excuse for Andrew Parker Bowles (a Catholic) to decline his invitation to the event, however.

If it had been the Archbishop of Canterbury at death's door it might have made a difference;realistically I don't think the Pope's condition will do so.

People get confused because her first wedding took place in the Roman Catholic Church due to her husband was of that denomination.

Her first wedding took place at the Guards Chapel; I thought that was Anglican.

Her first husband is Catholic, though. Somehow that's given people the impression that she's also Catholic.

Keep checking!

wymanda said:
Just got my TV guide for this week & the wedding coverage is not listed???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wymanda

The TV guide was probably prepared and printed before the networks announced their coverage.

The TV guides in both Sydney Sunday papers have it programmed; however Channel 7 lists it as "Royal Variety Performance" in both guides. Make of that what you will!

W

My copy of today's Sun-Herald had the updated information on the page where the papers put the updates to the TV programmes - I think they call it corrections and it is only a very small notice like an add.

My actual guide from the same paper says - Channel 7 - 9.00 Royal Wedding Night and 11.30 The Royal Variety Performance; Channel 9 - 11.00 Royal Wedding - Charles and Camilla

Channel 9's coverage continues until 1.00 a.m.

Personally I will be watching SkyNews for most of it I think but I did promise one of my students that I would go and watch him play his first game of American Football that night so I might have to watch the wedding on Saturday afternoon.

susan alicia said:
do you think he would want an excuse, he is happily remarried and would they invite him if they thought it was painful for him. I thought his being at the wedding very civilized and harmonious, it is after all not conventional to invite the ex partner

I agree. I think it shows how mature everyone is acting in this situation. We never get to hear much about APB and his thoughts and feelings about Camilla and Charles' ongoing feelings for one another, but I think this puts him in a very good light. He's being supportive, and it sounds as though he remained friendly with his ex wife and despite their own marital problems, that the two of them wish only the best for one another!

chrissy57 said:
Camilla is also an Anglican.

She is and always has been of the Church of England denomination.

Thank you chrissy57 for clearing this up. I don't know why or how I got it into my head that Camilla was not Anglican.

chrissy57 said:
Personally I see no reason for a postponment.

I have all my videos ready to tape all the proceedings. I will tape it on as many machines as I can and then compare coverage.

I don't see a reason for the post-ponement either. And I will too, will be watching whatever coverage I can find on that day. (A bit awkward as it's on a Friday though.) Whether you agree with the marriage or not, whether you like Charles, Camilla, or the two of them as a couple, it is I think, a significant moment in the history of the British royal family.

Camilla, whether one likes it or not, will be the next Queen Consort of England and history is being made in that the future King of England, himself a divorcee, is being allowed to marry another divorcee who was his mistress for so many years. For those reasons alone I think it's an important reason as a royal watcher to watch this historic event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom