Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Piewi said:
I found it!!!!!!!!!From CNN
LONDON, England (AP) -- A high-ranking Church of England official has called for Prince Charles to apologize to the ex-husband of his fiancee Camilla Parker Bowles, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Bishop David Stancliffe said church rules dictated Prince Charles must atone for committing adultery and he should apologize to Andrew Parker Bowles for breaking up his marriage, The Sunday Times newspaper said.

Stancliffe, a church authority on rules of worship, said the apology should come before the April 8 wedding and should include "making good of any hurts, the restoration of relationships and serious attention being paid to the relationships fractured or damaged by misconduct."

He did not say whether he thought the apology should be in person, by letter or by other means.

A spokesman for Charles' office would not comment on the issue.

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will be married in a civil ceremony in the town hall at Windsor, west of London, followed by a service of prayer and dedication at Windsor castle's chapel.

It is unprecedented for an heir to the throne to marry outside of a church, but the Church of England -- of which Charles will be supreme governor when he is king -- has qualms about remarriage for divorcees.

The forthcoming marriage has upset some members of the church -- which traditionally frowns on church remarriages for divorcees.

Camilla Parker Bowles, who was widely blamed in Britain's tabloid press for the breakdown of Charles' marriage to Princess Diana, divorced army officer Andrew Parker Bowles in 1995.

Their divorce came after Charles admitted in a TV documentary in 1994 that he had strayed from his marriage vows, but insisted infidelity happened only after the marriage was "irretrievably broken down, us having both tried." It was widely assumed, but never confirmed, that Parker Bowles was the other woman.

Prince Charles divorced Princess Diana in 1996, a year before she was killed in a car crash.

yeah i read in articles somewhere im not sure but he did apology to Camilla's ex-husband for what Charles done of affairs for more over 30 years of companion and mistress,affairs.

Sara Boyce

Piewi said:
I found it!!!!!!!!!From CNN
LONDON, England (AP) -- A high-ranking Church of England official has called for Prince Charles to apologize to the ex-husband of his fiancee Camilla Parker Bowles, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Bishop David Stancliffe said church rules dictated Prince Charles must atone for committing adultery and he should apologize to Andrew Parker Bowles for breaking up his marriage, The Sunday Times newspaper said.

Stancliffe, a church authority on rules of worship, said the apology should come before the April 8 wedding and should include "making good of any hurts, the restoration of relationships and serious attention being paid to the relationships fractured or damaged by misconduct."

He did not say whether he thought the apology should be in person, by letter or by other means.

Does that mean that Camilla should pay a visit to Althorp and make a graveside apology to Diana too? Or do the next best thing and apologize to William and Harry or Diana's siblings?

How ridiculous is this story! (Not that you posted it Piewi.) The story itself I mean.

Perhaps the Bishop has missed the fact that the wedding is a civil ceremony, not a church one. And that if the Archbishop of Canterbury is prepared to officiate at the service of prayer and dedication, it's a waste of time for bishops to be making demands about church rules and regulations.

I completely agree with the Bishop and I understand his perspective on things I actually think that several people including the general public should be apologized to.I wonder if Charles has seen a bishop or someone else for atonement of his sins. His most important(should he ever give one) apology is to God...

Last edited:
I find the idea of "apologize to the ex-husband of his fiancée Camilla Parker Bowles" ridicolous.

I'd think that any apologizing that needs to be done, should be left to the parties in question and done privately as they deem it right. I really don't see why it should be an issue to the public at all. If the bishop in question thinks that apologies are in order, then he should direct his request to Prince Charles privately and not through the media.

And how does he know if they haven't already done it?

timtonruben359 said:
It was announced by Rideau Hall a few days back and reported on CBC and CTV. I think most of the Queen's Governor General's will be attending, but I am not sure.

oh ok thanx for clarifying that.
I've been watching the news regularly and found it odd that they had various news reports about the wedding on both the CBC and CTV but never mentioned AC was attending. I guess they mentioned it once or twice and I must've missed it. Nice of the Queen to invite her Governors General

norwegianne said:
I'd think that any apologizing that needs to be done, should be left to the parties in question and done privately as they deem it right. I really don't see why it should be an issue to the public at all. If the bishop in question thinks that apologies are in order, then he should direct his request to Prince Charles privately and not through the media.

And how does he know if they haven't already done it?

Very well said norwegianne. I completely agree that this is a private matter between the parties involved and not other public institutions, such as the Church of England or the government or whatever.

And if you're going to sanction that apologies need to be made, shouldn't it be Camilla who apologizes to her ex-husband? I believe in whole heartedly the notion that Camilla made marital vows to her husband and that if apologies need to be made for that marriage ending, it should be Camilla first, just as Charles should apologize to Diana (if she were alive) for their marriage ending before Camilla should apologize for it.

Just a reminder to all the Canadians out there, at least those who are interested. The royal documentaries I mentioned before on Camilla and William/Harry will be airing tonight on CBC Newsworld. I posted all the schedules on page 40.

Genevieve said:
Does that mean that Camilla should pay a visit to Althorp and make a graveside apology to Diana too? Or do the next best thing and apologize to William and Harry or Diana's siblings?

How ridiculous is this story! (Not that you posted it Piewi.) The story itself I mean.

i dont think so!

Camilla wouldnt getting apology to Princess Diana's siblings for what she really done to late Princess Diana but Diana really gone! but her brother knew everythings about Princess Diana of articles.

but her brother cant intives Prince Charles visit Princess Diana follow of divorces and after funerals but i understand why he needs to protect of Diana but her brother accept William visit his mum's grave on her 40th birthday but her brother dont think Camilla would welcome!

Sara Boyce

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Just a reminder to all the Canadians out there, at least those who are interested. The royal documentaries I mentioned before on Camilla and William/Harry will be airing tonight on CBC Newsworld. I posted all the schedules on page 40.

the time is eastern time rite? i think it's 7pm pacific for the camilia one...then 8pm pacific for william and harry one...rite?

sara1981 said:
i dont think so!

Camilla wouldnt getting apology to Princess Diana's siblings for what she really done to late Princess Diana but Diana really gone!

With Diana dead there is no one to apologize to. If I recall correctly for if APB had died Charles and Camilla have a traditional church ceremony as they are both widows/widower.

Nevertheless, there is something inherently "wrong" with receiving a religious blessing with the woman you committed adultery with..

Nevertheless, there is something inherently "wrong" with receiving a religious blessing with the woman you committed adultery with..

I've always thought that the Church of England's refusal to remarry divorcees with a previous spouse living but to allow the couple to have a service of prayer and dedication, which is usually referred to informally as a service of blessing, after a civil ceremony is hypocritical. But that's the way it's been done for years, so there's nothing unusual going on in this case.

bigheadshirmp said:
the time is eastern time rite? i think it's 7pm pacific for the camilia one...then 8pm pacific for william and harry one...rite?

It is eastern time yes. I hope you got to see the docs. If not, Im sure they'll repeat them. The Prince Harry documentary is on tonight (Monday), 10 pm eastern.

btw. The one about Camilla was very interesting. It mentioned the whole controversy behind the van Cutsem wedding. I found it all very silly. Camilla, apparently, basically runs Charles' private life, controls his staff etc and he pays for most of her expenses and buys her expensive jewels. According to the documentary, the Queen will never really accept Camilla. They're likely to remain very distant even after the wedding. And Prince Harry resents Camilla for stepping into his mum's shoes. William and Harry dont really get along with Camilla's kids either and at one point her son was considered quite a bad influence on Harry.
They also showed some pictures of Charles and Camilla's vacation to Turkey in 1989. I'd never seen those before. All I can say is Im surprised Diana put up with it for so long.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
It is eastern time yes. I hope you got to see the docs. If not, Im sure they'll repeat them. The Prince Harry documentary is on tonight (Monday), 10 pm eastern.

btw. The one about Camilla was very interesting. It mentioned the whole controversy behind the van Cutsem wedding. I found it all very silly. Camilla, apparently, basically runs Charles' private life, controls his staff etc and he pays for most of her expenses and buys her expensive jewels. According to the documentary, the Queen will never really accept Camilla. They're likely to remain very distant even after the wedding. And Prince Harry resents Camilla for stepping into his mum's shoes. William and Harry dont really get along with Camilla's kids either and at one point her son was considered quite a bad influence on Harry.
They also showed some pictures of Charles and Camilla's vacation to Turkey in 1989. I'd never seen those before. All I can say is Im surprised Diana put up with it for so long.

yes...i watched that too...i was very suprised that Charles and Camilia went on vacation to Turkey in 1989 when Charles' still married with Diana....and got photographed!!!!!! the documentary also said that Camilia always go to Charles' and Diana's house in someplace other than Kensington palace.....the documentary also said that Camilia help Charles to choose the "correct bride that would be accepted by the queen" for CHarles....so basically Camilia was the one who created a miserable life for Diana knowing that CHarles still like her ....the documentary also noted that Charles' uses his hobbie "hunting" to get closer with Camilia who share the same hobbie or something like that...

bigheadshirmp said:
palace.....the documentary also said that Camilia help Charles to choose the "correct bride that would be accepted by the queen" for CHarles....so basically Camilia was the one who created a miserable life for Diana knowing that CHarles still like her .

You cannot blame just Camilla! Charles should have had the backbone to refuse. Also there were more machinations coming from a couple of meddling grannies in the Queen Mother & Lady Fermoy. The Spencers were certainly not going to let a second opportunity to marry a Prince of Wales slip through their fingers.

Genevieve said:

There are many people Camilla needs to apologize to. While Diana is no longer with us, She should apologize to Diana's Children, the Queen, her children, her ex-husband, and the nation at large for her considerable part in a horrid affair.

Charles and Camilla should also have a prayer of repentence in their wedding blessing also.

The service of prayer and dedication is going to be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. If he thinks that the format and contents are suitable, that's all that matters. There are a lot of people with some measure of responsibility for the miserable situation that developed in the 1980s and 1990s, and some of those people are no longer around. It's to be hoped that the people concerned have accepted their responsibility and done what they could to make the best of things.

I 've heard that Andrew used to "welcome" Prince Charles go on date with Camilla(I do not know is it true).But also Andrew already divorced Camilla.So if need apologising,i think both Camilla and Charles should apologise in front of Diana's tomb,William,Harry, Diana's family,The Queen and especially in front of the British because of what things they did.

wymanda said:
You cannot blame just Camilla! Charles should have had the backbone to refuse. Also there were more machinations coming from a couple of meddling grannies in the Queen Mother & Lady Fermoy. The Spencers were certainly not going to let a second opportunity to marry a Prince of Wales slip through their fingers.

I think it shows a weakness in Charles. He kept pursuing Camilla even after she married another man. He married Diana basically under pressure from his family. A virgin with a spotless past was too good to pass up. And as you say, the Spencers were also eager for the marriage. Wasn't it one of Diana's sisters who said "its too late, you're name's already on the tea towels" or something like that when Diana confessed that she had doubts before the marriage? Any other woman who had seen all the signs Diana had before the marriage would've called the whole thing off. But Diana was marrying the future King of England. I dont think she had that luxury.
Imagine putting all this burden of responsibility on a 19 year old. If Charles loved Camilla so much, he should've had the courage to declare his intentions to his family and should've married her. She certainly didnt wait for him though and married another man. I do feel bad for the couple, that they've had to spend their lives in such misery. But its hard to feel sorry for them when you realize that they've caused others such pain. As far as Im concerned they're both responsible for their past actions.

bigheadshirmp said:
yes...i watched that too...i was very suprised that Charles and Camilia went on vacation to Turkey in 1989 when Charles' still married with Diana....and got photographed!!!!!! the documentary also said that Camilia always go to Charles' and Diana's house in someplace other than Kensington palace.....the documentary also said that Camilia help Charles to choose the "correct bride that would be accepted by the queen" for CHarles....so basically Camilia was the one who created a miserable life for Diana knowing that CHarles still like her ....the documentary also noted that Charles' uses his hobbie "hunting" to get closer with Camilia who share the same hobbie or something like that...

yes the vacation pictures from Turkey shocked me too. I cant believe they actually had the nerve to bring it all out in the open for the world to see. Its hardly the sort of behaviour one would expect from a future king.
I was also thinking that if that sort of thing happened to a non-royal couple, the marriage would most likely have been over much earlier.

LLANSTEFFAN, WALES - MARCH 29: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Etta Richardson with the type of cake that is going to be baked for the upcoming wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles. Etta Richardson impressed the Prince of Wales with her fruit cake during a visit to west Wales last summer and has been asked by special request of Prince Charles to make it for his wedding reception. March 29, 2005 in Llansteffan, Wales. (Photo by ROTA/Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 331885.jpg
    331885.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 331886.jpg
    331886.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 331887.jpg
    331887.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 331888.jpg
    331888.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 331889.jpg
    331889.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 52490356.jpg
    52490356.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 120
Caption:
STOWE, ENGLAND - MARCH 29: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Jemima Phillips, 23, a harpist who has been chosen to play the Royal wedding reception at Windsor castle, plays her harp on March 29, 2005 in Stowe, Gloucestershire. The musician said she was "over the moon" when she received a call from the Prince's office inviting her to play. (Photo by Barry Batchelor/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 52490303.jpg
    52490303.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 52490306.jpg
    52490306.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 52490307.jpg
    52490307.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 52490310.jpg
    52490310.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 120
Question on live broadcast of the royal wedding

Hallo everyone,

I have a question here. Could any one please suggest me any link or any website which will carry live broadcast of Prince Charles-Ms. Camilla's Wedding next Friday?

capt.sge.chn06.300305155758.photo00.photo.default-384x255.jpg

Elspeth said:
The service of prayer and dedication is going to be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. If he thinks that the format and contents are suitable, that's all that matters. There are a lot of people with some measure of responsibility for the miserable situation that developed in the 1980s and 1990s, and some of those people are no longer around. It's to be hoped that the people concerned have accepted their responsibility and done what they could to make the best of things.

Unfortunately, I feel that is EXTREMELY unlikely.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I think it shows a weakness in Charles. He kept pursuing Camilla even after she married another man. He married Diana basically under pressure from his family. A virgin with a spotless past was too good to pass up. And as you say, the Spencers were also eager for the marriage. Wasn't it one of Diana's sisters who said "its too late, you're name's already on the tea towels" or something like that when Diana confessed that she had doubts before the marriage? Any other woman who had seen all the signs Diana had before the marriage would've called the whole thing off. But Diana was marrying the future King of England. I dont think she had that luxury.
Imagine putting all this burden of responsibility on a 19 year old. If Charles loved Camilla so much, he should've had the courage to declare his intentions to his family and should've married her. She certainly didnt wait for him though and married another man. I do feel bad for the couple, that they've had to spend their lives in such misery. But its hard to feel sorry for them when you realize that they've caused others such pain. As far as Im concerned they're both responsible for their past actions.

Very well expressed Humera!!! Kudos to you!!

There are many pics of Prince Charles on his skiing holiday with Prince William and Harry from Getty Images.Camilla was not there.

From BBC News:

_40978145_semenchuk203.jpg

Charles and Camilla select music

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles have chosen a young Russian contralto to perform at a church blessing, after their civil wedding.

Ekaterina Semenchuk, 29, has been flown over specially from St Petersburg to sing a Russian Creed.

Members of the Philharmonia Orchestra, and the St George's Chapel Choir, will also perform at the blessing, at St George's Chapel, Windsor.

It will follow a civil wedding ceremony at Windsor's Guildhall, on 8 April.

Wedding gift

Ekaterina Semenchuk, who was a finalist in the Cardiff Singer of the World competition in 2001, will sing a Russian Creed set to music by Gretchaninov.
She has been flown over specially for the wedding, as a gift from the Mariinsky Theatre Trust of St Petersburg, of which the Prince of Wales is patron and a benefactor.

Clarence House says a combination of choral and orchestral music will be played during the Service of Prayer and Dedication, at St George's Chapel.

The music for the blessing has been chosen by the Prince and Mrs Parker Bowles.

It includes some of their favourite pieces, such as Bach's Cantata "Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland", and excerpts from Handel's Water Music.

They have chosen a number of organ and choral pieces for the beginning of the service, including Farewell to Stromness, by the Master of the Queen's Music, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.

Works by Walton, Bach, Handel, Elgar, Finzi and Grieg, are also included.

Personal favourites

The newlywed Prince and Mrs Parker Bowles - by then the Duchess of Cornwall - will join the congregation to the Adagio Movement of Albinoni's Oboe Concerto in D Minor.

Three hymns, which are among the personal favourites of the Prince and Mrs Parker Bowles, will be sung.

They are Immortal Invisible, Love Divine All Loves Excelling, and Praise my Soul the King of Heaven.

A verse of the National Anthem will be sung after the concluding blessing, followed immediately by a specially-commissioned "Celebration Fanfare", by the Welsh composer Alun Hoddinott.

The service will conclude with excerpts from Handel's Water Music, and from works by Bach for organ.

The Philharmonia Orchestra, of which the Prince is patron, will be conducted by Christopher Warren-Green.

The organist for the service will be Roger Judd, and the St George's Chapel Choir will be conducted by Timothy Byram-Wigfield.

The choir, which was founded in 1348, is made up of 23 boy choristers and 12 Lay Clerks, who sing the alto, tenor and bass parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom