Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Church of England issue annulments? I thought divorce was the only option. They were married at the Guards Chapel, which isn't a Catholic church.

It has just been announced that the wedding will take place on april 8th.

Elspeth said:
Does the Church of England issue annulments? I thought divorce was the only option. They were married at the Guards Chapel, which isn't a Catholic church.

i dont know, im ashamed to say i dont know much about the rules of the church of england, or catholic church.

I have a question, its been said that the wedding will take place at Windsor castle, in the church, can they get married in a church if she is a divorcee? maybe thats why they are saying its been annulled so that they can get married

I presume "at Windsor" means St George's Chapel.

I wonder if they're planning to let cameras in or if they'll keep it private.

I have a question, its been said that the wedding will take place at Windsor castle, in the church, can they get married in a church if she is a divorcee?

The Church of England has relaxed its rules somewhat in recent years and is now prepared to marry divorcees if it's clear the previous marriage was beyond repair and if the new spouse wasn't involved in wrecking the first marriage of the divorced party. In this case, since Charles clearly was a factor in the breakup of Camilla's marriage, I don't know how they're rationalising it.

This is what the Church of England says about marriage of divorcees in church:

http://www.cofe.anglican.org/info/papers/mcad/

Update from the BBC:

"Prince Charles will marry his long-term partner Camilla Parker Bowles on 8 April, Clarence House says.

The ceremony will take place at Windsor Castle and Mrs Parker Bowles will take the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.

When the Prince of Wales becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla but as the Princess Consort, Clarence House added."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4252795.stm

So, not exactly a morganatic marriage if she's going to be HRH, but not an equal title either.

I just listened news in BBC, they said the couple will marry at 8 april in windsor castel. camilla will not be Queen camila but she will get title HRH duchess of cornwall and when Charles become King she will be HRH princess consort.

Unbeliveable!!! :eek:

They are too old for this!!! Sorry people but in my humble opinion they both look so stupid!!!!! She is the most ugly woman that I ever saw in my whole life; honestly I can not understand what he sees on her.
I see what she sees on him but no way I can understand why on earth he is getting marry to a woman that!!!!!!

Anyway the whole idea gives me goosebumps......like a horror movie........oh my gosh!! she is so but sooooo ugly.

ATEST NEWS
10.02.2005: The Prince of Wales and Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles are to marry on April 8th 2005.

ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE MARRIAGE OF
HRH THE PRINCE OF WALES AND MRS CAMILLA PARKER BOWLES

It is with great pleasure that the marriage of HRH The Prince of Wales and Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles is announced. It will take place on Friday 8th April 2005 at Windsor Castle.

The Prince of Wales has said: ?Mrs Parker Bowles and I are absolutely delighted. It will be a very special day for us and our families.? ...

continues at link below!

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news/index.php

I really doesn't matter to me whether they get married or not. What I find interesting is that they found a way for him not to lose his right to succession. The Princess consort, eh? Is this the first time in British history that it is done?

Far as I know, yes it is the first time.

According to the article on the Prince of Wales's website, it's going to be a civil marriage, not a Church of England one, with a service of prayer and dedication at St George's Chapel afterwards.

"The wedding will be a largely private occasion for family and friends. It will comprise a civil ceremony in Windsor Castle. There will subsequently be a service of prayer and dedication in St George’s Chapel at which the Archbishop of Canterbury will preside."

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news/2005/02.feb/marriage.php

So they won't be remarrying in the church.

so we will se camilla in tiaras wonder whaty tiaras a new or a old from the queen
does this mean she will follow him to the us and then australia?

Australis said:
Unbeliveable!!! :eek:

They are too old for this!!! Sorry people but in my humble opinion they both look so stupid!!!!! She is the most ugly woman that I ever saw in my whole life; honestly I can not understand what he sees on her.
I see what she sees on him but no way I can understand why on earth he is getting marry to a woman that!!!!!!

Anyway the whole idea gives me goosebumps......like a horror movie........oh my gosh!! she is so but sooooo ugly.

Australis,
I really object to your attacks on Camilla's looks!
So she is n't a vaucous fashion plate like Diana. When you really assess what we know about the woman herself it is very little. We only know the opinions of Diana who was not impartial on the subject and the "information" that we are fed by the press who Diana cultivated all her life.
I say give her the chance to make something of her role as Duchess of Cornwall!

I realise feelings are going to run rather high over this, but let's not get into any fights, please. It isn't necessary to make overtly disparaging remarks about Mrs Parker Bowles's appearance; if you want to criticise, please be polite about it. And let's all cut each other a bit of slack about our various opinions here. This news is a bit of a surprise, and given the history involved, people are going to have strong views. Please just be a bit considerate of other posters' feelings.

Thanks

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

About time! Hopefully they can now live a long and happy life together.

One cannot deny the feeling of true love between Prince Charles and Camilla that has endured for 30 years. I think they are a very nice couple and complement each other very well. I wish them happiness.

Ennyllorac said:
What I find interesting is that they found a way for him not to lose his right to succession. The Princess consort, eh? Is this the first time in British history that it is done?
Sorry my ignorance, but isn't Phillip, Queen Elisabeth's husband, Prince Consort anyway?

OH MY GOD!!!:eek:

I didn't see this one coming...

It must have been planned for a while, April 8th is only in two months time...

I cannot realize if it's true love why didnt they get married 30 years ago???I think the two have strange personalities,for sure Charles is very strange and unlike common pepole as Diana had said,I wish I could know somehow how Diana feels about this!

Last edited:
If Charles and Camilla love each other then congrats to them. But honestly, is it really a good idea to have Charles succeed the throne in the future? I'm sure many British people have lost respect of him in the past incidents. King Charles, doesnt sound very good to me. At least regardless of what happens, there won't be Queen Camilla.

Will it up to the Queen whether or not to pass the throne to William?

Huh... Well, I think it is nice. To be quite frank I never expected Prince Charles to live alone for the rest of his life.

It also seem to me that if the church has any thing to object about regarding the marriage, then they surely should be glad that he was getting married and not "living in sin" anymore?

I do find it appropriate that Mrs. Parker-Bowles isn't going to be the Princess of Wales. While it most likely would have been her title if she had married Charles before either of them married others, (I'm a bit fuzzy about the details...) I think that not giving her that title now is the right thing to do. It would draw the comparisons to Diana out to an unecessary degree, and Camilla, who would have to live up to the title, probably don't need the extra bits of stress.

I've heard that second marriages are tough. It seems to me that theirs is going to be even tougher with all the media attention that is on them...

Good luck to the two of them.

cut1me said:
Will it be as the Princess of Wales, and when Charles becomes King, Queen Camilla?
clear.gif

From www.hellomagazine.com

The marriage will take place at Windsor Castle, with Camilla being given the title HRH Duchess of Cornwall. Representatives for the pair have also revealed that when Charles accedes to the throne, his wife will be known as the Princess Consort instead of Queen Camilla.

The whole article from Hello Magazine online;

Prince Charles and his long-time companion Camilla Parker Bowles are to wed. Clarence House has put an end to speculation about the couple's future by confirming they will walk down the aisle on April 8.

The marriage will take place at Windsor Castle, with Camilla being given the title HRH Duchess of Cornwall. Representatives for the pair have also revealed that when Charles accedes to the throne, his wife will be known as the Princess Consort instead of Queen Camilla.

The news comes after years of public debate as to whether the two should make their vows. Opinion polls have suggested the public is in favour of them marrying, but there is less sympathy for the idea of Camilla becoming queen.

Her future mother in law was among the first to offer her congratulations. "The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that The Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are to marry," said the Queen in a statement released by Buckingham Palace. "We have given them our warmest good wishes for their future together."

Charles' relationship with Camilla, whom he first met at a polo match over 30 years ago, has been a source of controversy for some time. Princess Diana famously named her as a factor in the breakdown of her marriage to the Prince. And conservative voices in the Anglican Church have expressed displeasure at the idea of the man who will one day become their Supreme Governor wedding a divorcee.

The church is officially neutral on the issue, though, and the former Archbishop of Canterbury has given his blessing to the union. "He is heir to the throne and he loves her," said Lord Carey last year. "The natural thing is that they should get married."

Uncertainty surrounding the status of Camilla's relationship with Charles has also proved problematic at social functions, when she has sometimes been seated away from her partner. Her inclusion on his accounts for the first last year provoked debate, although there had been numerous other signals that the couple were moving towards an official union.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

I thought this would come sooner or later, but I must say that I'm a bit "in shock" on how soon the announcement came. April is very near in time indeed. But I'm glad it's set now and that we can all move on.

I must say that I find the title arrangements very satisfactory too. Mrs. Parker Bowles taking on the title HRH The Duchess of Cornwall after their marriage, and then when The Prince of Wales acceeds the Throne - she will be HRH The Princess Consort, very well thought.

cut1me said:
apparently they said that Camilla is actually not a divorcee that she had her marriage annulled. LOL one of the presenters who was talking about this was shocked as she was saying how can their wedding have been annulled if Camilla has 2 children
That's my same sentiments. How can one have a marriage annulled when there are children from that marriage. :confused:

During the time Camilla was divorcing her husband, I read an interview on her husband. What he said in that interview amounted to that when the Prince of England was interested in your wife you got out of the way.

Prince Charles dated Camilla long before she got married. But he did not propose and she got tired of waiting for him to do so. Odd how they grew closer after she got married. I guess there's some sort of thrill in going after a married woman with children;)

MSNBC said that 37% of the British citizens support Charles marrying Camilla. Personally, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. He could have married her years ago and been happier all these years. He could have left Diana alone to marry someone else and she might have been alive today.......

Shocked!

I am shocked! I never thought that they would marry while the Queen is still alive. I'm not a big Camilla fan but it is to bad we won't have a big royal wedding.

Well, cute girl, they did not get married back then, because Charles was not given permission to marry her at that time. He had to marry someone with royal blood but Camilla was and is very much commoner. I assume you didn´t know that either that Charles and Camilla were an item before he was arranged to marry Lady Di, and it was Camilla who helped him to chose his bride, nevertheless, their mutual attraction seems to have been so strong that it has kept them together to this day and I am sure for the rest of their lives. The true love that endures years is a rare sight and therefore we should appreciate it even if we don´t approve of it.

Charles and Camilla~April 8,2005

So far I've heard it will be a private civil ceromony that will take place at Windsor castle. They will go to a nearby church for a prayer and blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom