Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta expect a lot of more articles, programs and conversation on Charles and Camilla, as they approach their 10th Wedding Anniversary in April.

It's the Daily Mail....surely you were not expecting an legit news article with credible sources.

They are playing to their bottom of the barrel base...people who hate something [in this case Camilla but at any moment it could also be the disliked royal of the day i.e. Andrew, Sarah or their daughters, or William and Kate] and writing an article with no known facts just pure speculation. Thus the base can rant about how they dislike Camilla and/or Charles, how much the royal family is costing them, how Camilla shouldn't be Queen, etc. The Daily Mail base even complains about private citizens who are rich and cost the average citizen nothing.

Of course the marriage between Charles and Camilla is different from their previous marriages because guess what...they are married to different people:ohmy:

I certainly understand that the marriage to the future King should be steady or at least appear to be as the last one damaged the monarchy slightly. But as Charles and Camilla appear to be happy...Other than the potential costs of maintaining security for two separate residences...its their business and no one elses's.

They both appear to be happy in each other's company and devoted to each other. But its a quiet news day on the York and Cambridge front so somebody has to take the heat.

IMO the best things about the Daily Mail are the pictures.

I didn't get a hint of "hate" Camilla and Charles in this DM article.

I didn't get a hint of "hate" Camilla and Charles in this DM article.

The hint of hate is not in the article per se but in the comments. Comments and clicks on an article can increase their ad revenue. You can write article about nothing in regards to 'controversial' people because you know that people will want to comment about them.

What do you see in the comments....everything I mentioned above.

When Charles is king where will Camilla live ?
Be pretty strange if he's at BP and she's somewhere else
He wants her to be Queen but she's wants to live at her own place.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't think Camilla wants to live some place else, I just think that she keeps Ray Mill for her interactions with family and less formality. Does anyone think that 5 year olds can just run around in Buckingham Palace without hurting themselves or antiques?

Royal Rob, Buckingham Palace is HUGE, as I'm sure you know already. They could live in separate wings and no one would know.;) What I found intriguing about the article was that it raised the specter of adultery in the C & C marriage. As far as I know, there's been no hint of that anywhere in the media. Kay and Levy are being naughty.

I don't think Camilla wants to live some place else, I just think that she keeps Ray Mill for her interactions with family and less formality. Does anyone think that 5 year olds can just run around in Buckingham Palace without hurting themselves or antiques?

Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward did. Also, so did their children.

I do think Camilla will keep Ray Mill House.

Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward did. Also, so did their children.

I do think Camilla will keep Ray Mill House.

Exactly - Andrew has said on several times that he and Edward raced down a specific corridor near their nursery and they kicked balls down the same corridor which had a lot of antiques in glass cabinets and they didn't manage to break anything. Kids can learn to make sure they are safe when playing.

I have no issue with her keeping the house if she wants - if it's her own house (which I assume is paid for/has already been paid for by herself) then she is entitled to it.

Big difference when it is your kid or grandkid running through your house.

Camilla wants a place for her children and grandchildren to feel it is their home not visiting someone elses home.

When Camilla is in London she stays at Clarence House. She stays at Raymill House when Charles is away on solo trips. She also probably spends some of her weekend at her house with her grandkids.

Exactly - Andrew has said on several times that he and Edward raced down a specific corridor near their nursery and they kicked balls down the same corridor which had a lot of antiques in glass cabinets and they didn't manage to break anything. Kids can learn to make sure they are safe when playing.

I have no issue with her keeping the house if she wants - if it's her own house (which I assume is paid for/has already been paid for by herself) then she is entitled to it.

Grandchildren have also been able to visit and play at BP
What's so different about Camilla's

Ah ha, I see you have bought into the "separate lives" bit.

I remember Prince Andrew doing a media piece in what looked like a long gallery with "Art" with a capital 'A', various chaise lounges, spindle legged chairs and side tables, etc. and talking about the "crashes" with their pedal cars and cringing, as an adult, about what they did around the priceless antiques and expressing surprise that they all seemed to have survived the onslaught.

It's was interesting insight into the "House Rules" at BP for the royal kids, but I don't think Camilla would be quite as sanguine with her grandchildren running wild there. However, it remains to be seen and by the time she has to base herself there her grandchildren could be old enough to have passed the "destructicon" phase.

Grandchildren have also been able to visit and play at BP
What's so different about Camilla's

The mere fact they are Camilla's is enough for some. Quite apart from the anti-Camilla/pro-Diana-bias some still vehemently maintain, those children do not have any Windsor blood in their veins. It is only natural that the Queen's children and grandchildren played in the rooms and corridors of BP when they were little, because that was their mother's/grandmother's home. But Camilla's grandchildren do not have Royal blood and it is not their family home. Ray Mill is, and their parents no doubt feel more comfortable there, too so I'm not at all surprised at Camilla retaining that property and spending a lot of time there.

Golly the BRF are a funny lot
Charles and Camilla are married but don't live together
Andrew and Sarah are divorced but do live together

The mere fact they are Camilla's is enough for some. Quite apart from the anti-Camilla/pro-Diana-bias some still vehemently maintain, those children do not have any Windsor blood in their veins. It is only natural that the Queen's children and grandchildren played in the rooms and corridors of BP when they were little, because that was their mother's/grandmother's home. But Camilla's grandchildren do not have Royal blood and it is not their family home. Ray Mill is, and their parents no doubt feel more comfortable there, too so I'm not at all surprised at Camilla retaining that property and spending a lot of time there.

So Camilla's grandchildren aren't welcome even if one was in the royal wedding?
To use her grandchildren as an excuse to not live with Charles is really beyond the pale
No one ever thinks what it must have been like for her children growing hearing all the talk about their mother and now it's the grandchildren's fault

Last edited by a moderator:
They live together when they are at Clarence House.
They live together when they are at Birkhall.
They live together when they are at Sandringham.
They live together when they are at Llwynywermod.

They occasionally live separately so Camilla can see her children and grandchildren but most of the time they are together. Sometimes when Charles is at Highgrove, Camilla is at Raymill House.

This hardly describes a couple living apart.

Last edited:
To me there is a difference between 'living apart' on a permanent basis and 'having time apart' where on regular or not so regular occasions the two parties have a 'time out' from each other to pursue their own interests and to interact with their own families.

They share two homes and she has a place to go to be with her own children and grandchildren. No doubt when she does that Charles is able to have William and Harry and George visit him without having Camilla there.

I think our Iluvbertie has hit the nail on the head. They spend time apart. This is a couple that have known each other for decades and intimately know each other's likes and dislikes and idiosyncrasies and lets face it, once we senior citizens reach our happy, golden years, those times of wild nights and grand passionate lovemaking tends to turn into a warm, comfortable relationship sharing just about every aspect of life with love, understanding and a second sense of what the other needs.

Camilla is known to be spontaneous and it wouldn't surprise me to find her in the kitchen at Ray Mill with her grandkids making an unholy mess making cookies with flour flying everywhere. Charles, by nature, is a perfectionist with everything in its place (just look at the schematics of his areas of Highgrove's gardens). One problem Charles had in his first marriage was the acceptance of his busy schedule and his being away a lot of the time. That's not a problem with Camilla. She finds things to do and when needed, she is right there by his side. To be honest, I think there are millions of senior couples that would smile and nod their heads in understanding at how these two maintain a relationship that works so well. I know it makes me smile and wistfully wish that hubby and I had boltholes to escape to once in awhile.

Of course when Charles is King, both he and Camilla will live at BP together. It will remain pretty much the same as things are now. There are plenty of times that The Queen is somewhere such as Balmoral and the DoE at Sandringham. They don't spend their lives in each other's pockets either. I do think Camilla will always have Ray Mill and should something happen to Charles, I think it will become her primary residence similar to how QEQM had the Castle of Mey that was solely hers.

Richard Kay, without denigrating Charles and Camilla in bold print, plants innuendos and half truths in buckets knowing mountains will be made of molehills and generate the typically hateful comments that follow. After all, he learned his trade way back in the time of the War of the Wales with a willing, participating cash cow in his pocket.

Golly the BRF are a funny lot
Charles and Camilla are married but don't live together
Andrew and Sarah are divorced but do live together.
Gullable, huh?
So Camilla's grandchildren aren't welcome even if one was in the royal wedding?
I merely posited the theory that Camilla might not be comfortable with her kids running around BP. My thought, not her's, not Charles, me!
To use her grandchildren as an excuse to not live with Charles is really beyond the pale
To willfully misinterpret someone's post to validate a rant against Camilla and/or Charles is not only beyond the pale, it is just plain offensive.
No one ever thinks what it must have been like for her children growing hearing all the talk about their mother and now it's the grandchildren's fault
I am not sure why your entire post, like so many others, is so confrontational, but sniping about Camilla's children does not fall within the bounds of this thread!

By the time they are living in BP, Camilla's grandchildren, probably will not be racing up and down halls.

Gullable, huh?
I merely posited the theory that Camilla might not be comfortable with her kids running around BP. My thought, not her's, not Charles, me!
To willfully misinterpret someone's post to validate a rant against Camilla and/or Charles is not only beyond the pale, it is just plain offensive.
I am not sure why your entire post, like so many others, is so confrontational, but sniping about Camilla's children does not fall within the bounds of this thread!

How is what I'm saying sniping its the opposite
Offensive ????? A different opinion to yours ? You betcha usually is
And to finish all little children are the same.

By the time they are living in BP, Camilla's grandchildren, probably will not be racing up and down halls.

It is very possible that one of Camilla's granddaughters has already had the joy of running in BP's halls (maybe even with a playmate called Harry). As fact, one of Camilla's granddaughters, Eliza Lopes, (Laura Parker-Bowles Lopes' daughter) has even been on the balcony at BP. She was three years old at the time and a member of William and Kate's bridal party.

From what I've read, Camilla's children and Charles' children get along pretty well. There was an article with an interview with Tom Parker-Bowles a while back where he says that they've always called Charles "Sir" but as time went on, it became more of a affectionate term as "Uncle" would be rather than stiff and formal. I believe if you scan back in the thread dedicated to Camilla's family, you can find that article.

Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy strike again.

The headline is states how Camilla keeps Charles happy but there are 28 mentions of Charles' ex-wife with of course her picture.

All the so called sources are unnamed.
You counted them ?

Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy strike again.

The headline is states how Camilla keeps Charles happy but there are 28 mentions of Charles' ex-wife with of course her picture.

All the so called sources are unnamed.
You counted them ?
This surprises you?:ROFLMAO: There are a lot of people here counting quite a few things! :flowers:
Yes finding that out. ��
You bet your booties baby! That's how people keep up with the play! After all, it is not unreasonable to expect that Charles ex wife who died 17 odd years ago would not be getting top billing in an article entitled;

Separate lives and a rather saucy secret: An intimate portrait of their marriage reveals how Camilla has kept Charles happy

Read more: How Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has kept Prince Charles happy | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ricky and Geoffy will have to do much better than that. Next we'll be counting the number of cut-and-pastes from their previous posts. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You bet your booties baby! That's how people keep up with the play! After all, it is not unreasonable to expect that Charle ex wife who died 17 odd years ago would not be getting top billing in an article entitled;

Separate lives and a rather saucy secret: An intimate portrait of their marriage reveals how Camilla has kept Charles happy

Read more: How Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has kept Prince Charles happy | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ricky and Geoffy will have to do much better than that. Next we'll be counting the number of cut-and-pastes from their previous posts. :ROFLMAO:
I understand the counting. I can promise you the person didn't count from the beginning, but after reading the article for a while and seeing a name (not related to the article) pop up time and again you might think to yourself "God, they are mentioning Diana more than Camillia) and that start you counting. It's probably not a hobby :ROFLMAO:

You can't talk about Charles and Camilla without bringing up Diana. Those were and are the two most famous and important women in his life.

You can't talk about Charles and Camilla without bringing up Diana. Those were and are the two most famous and important women in his life.
Yeah, I know. I just said that I understand the counting since it's a little odd the dead ex-wives name being named more times than the current wife when the article is about the current wife.

I think most people can talk about Charles and Camilla's marriage without bringing up either of their ex-spouses. They have been married for many years and there are many aspects of their lives that have nothing to do with their ex-spouses.

Back
Top Bottom