Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would Camilla even want to give a personal interview? There is little enough of her life that is private now. She'd be taking the chance that someone would misinterpret what she said or that the interviewer would cut and paste to make her say something that she didn't. Add to that, the people who don't like her would be examining the interview with a find-tooth comb to try to make her look bad.

As it is, Camilla has a happy marriage, a good relationship with William, Kate and Harry, is a hard-working royal and doing an excellent job. The press can write about what they see.

The motto, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" certainly applies here. If the current policy of no interviews is working fine, there's no reason to change it.

It matters to me, because when I don't understand something, it bothers me. Has he ever praised Camilla for her beauty? Her dress sense? If he has publicly praised her for anything, please show me. (Since I can't think of any right now

just a few examples:

"I'm so lucky - she's very special." source

"Now everyone can see how wonderful she is."
source

And depending on which side you were on in the Diana-Camilla debate, you may find the prince's reference in the Highgrove book to his "darling wife" and her "exquisite flower arrangements," along with plentiful photos of the Duchess of Cornwall either jarring or pleasing.
source

"Having somebody who obviously supports you and is on your side and understands is hugely valuable. And anybody who has that knows only too well it makes the whole difference. She's my eyes and ears as well." source

:flowers:

Nice source material, Oliv, thank you! And that's a great photo of the couple, Nico, thank you for the find. I think Charles is aging well and looks handsomer as he gets older. They make a striking, engaging couple and it's obvious they're happy and content in their relationship.

Last edited:
just a few examples:

"Now everyone can see how wonderful she is."
source

And depending on which side you were on in the Diana-Camilla debate, you may find the prince's reference in the Highgrove book to his "darling wife" and her "exquisite flower arrangements," along with plentiful photos of the Duchess of Cornwall either jarring or pleasing.
source

"Having somebody who obviously supports you and is on your side and understands is hugely valuable. And anybody who has that knows only too well it makes the whole difference. She's my eyes and ears as well." source

I really love these quotes that you have found and the easy going photo of the both of them being very casual.

It really goes to show also that love and admiration for someone goes a heck of a lot deeper than someone's beauty and/or fashion sense. Those two things as far as a relationship goes are very superficial. Charles obviously adores Camilla for far deeper things than a hairstyle, trophy wife body or her makeup applications. :D

Totally agree Osipi - their love is so obvious for all to see and it is a deep love not superficial based on the shallow judgement of appearance alone.

I really love these quotes that you have found and the easy going photo of the both of them being very casual.

It really goes to show also that love and admiration for someone goes a heck of a lot deeper than someone's beauty and/or fashion sense. Those two things as far as a relationship goes are very superficial. Charles obviously adores Camilla for far deeper things than a hairstyle, trophy wife body or her makeup applications. :D

That is true. But, he married Diana, in spite of his "great" love for Camilla. That was not Diana's fault. He should have stood his ground and married the woman he truly loved. That would have been admirable. To marry and try and have 2 lives was dispicable. To destroy a life was truly dispicable. But, he came out on top, as he has his love and 2 wonderful children from the "other" and, now, people judge the end result, not the beginning.

:previous:

Well done Oliv! And thanks to you, i've just discovered a new lovely photo of the couple :flowers:

http://post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070923ho_charlesncamilla_500.jpg

The picture is glorious. What an honestly delightful image they project - and Charles is looking very fine these days in his olding years. And Camilla - she is perfect - a handsome lady without vanity.

What is puzzling is how beauty - always in the eye of the beholder, anyway - starts becoming a synonym for 'virtue'. Beauty must be good. Beauty must be better. Diana - like so many unfortunate women - had a self image problem manifesting with her bulimia. Attitudes that are being suggested by some posters - that beauty is a certain emaciated, photo 'sweet' image - make Diana's illness all the more tragic, because it affirms that such women are 'right' to engage in the bulimia. Image is all - they will be loved 'if only' or 'only if' they are slim enough. By these attitudes expressed here, the sad distortion is given 'proof'.

Last edited:
It is also rude and vulgar to demand Prince Charles and/or Camilla go on TV and bare their souls and the intimate details of their private lives for your private edification just to correct your misconceptions. My you give a new meaning to the term "It's all about me".

Like I said, if they don't want to correct my misconceptions, then I will continue to think what think. If I am wrong about Charles & Camilla then they are the ones who are losing, not me.

Whoever do you think you are to demand such a thing?

Just a human being. And it's not a demand, just something I'd like to see. People ask me if Camilla can do anything that will change my opinion of her, and that's something she could do that might do that. Maybe this should be in the "Camilla & the Press" thread.

You are indeed free to think what you like but there is only so much pouting we can take before it becomes annoying. You will never get your demands so please let that be enough

Then I will continue to have a negative opinion of Camilla.

just a few examples:

"Now everyone can see how wonderful she is." source

That's nice. Camilla can be "special", "wonderful", but not a single mention of her looks. :ROFLMAO:

:previous:

Well done Oliv! And thanks to you, i've just discovered a new lovely photo of the couple :flowers:

http://post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070923ho_charlesncamilla_500.jpg

Wow, that is really one sad and unhappy looking couple. :verysad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dianas Ghost said:
That's nice. Camilla can be "special", "wonderful", but not a single mention of her looks. :ROFLMAO:

What makes you think that Prince Charles is so shallow that he thinks a persons value can only be judged by their looks?

What Camilla looks like has nothing to do with the quality of the marriage.

Like I said, if they don't want to correct my misconceptions, then I will continue to think what think. If I am wrong about Charles & Camilla then they are the ones who are losing, not me.

I don't think they care one way or the other about you - they don't know you or anything about you.

They would also take the view that you are entitled to your opinion and if giving a superficial interview making platitudinous comments would make you change your mind then they can live without your good wishes.

They know that many people are changing their views based on more important criteria - actions, the obvious love between the pair, the support Camilla gives Charles, the fact that he sees something in her beyond the superficial looks that seems to be the only criteria that matters to some people.

Just a human being. And it's not a demand, just something I'd like to see. People ask me if Camilla can do anything that will change my opinion of her, and that's something she could do that might do that. Maybe this should be in the "Camilla & the Press" thread.

Your post is very demanding. You will only consider changing your mind if she gives an interview - rather than judging her based on the actions she does day to day since she married - and this thread is about her since 2005 so anything before then is irrelevant.

Camilla is a human being as well and has been put through the ringer by people like you - based on the words of others in the past. She though has risen above the petty, bitter mob to be an increasingly popular lady who supports her husband and clearly loves him. She may never have the support of the majority but more and more are seeing her for the classy lady she is.

She doesn't need to give an interview for the voyeuristic pleasure of people who want to see her justify her actions from over 20 years ago.

Your loss then.

That is because he sees beyond the outer skin and sees the inner person - the special, wonderful person.

Those who only judge by the outside appearance often miss the beauty within. Charles doesn't miss that side of her - he has always seen that inner person.

Wow, that is really one sad and unhappy looking couple. :verysad:

Hardly - they are one very relaxed and happy couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true. But, he married Diana, in spite of his "great" love for Camilla. That was not Diana's fault. He should have stood his ground and married the woman he truly loved. That would have been admirable. To marry and try and have 2 lives was dispicable. To destroy a life was truly dispicable. But, he came out on top, as he has his love and 2 wonderful children from the "other" and, now, people judge the end result, not the beginning.

I really don't think that there is one among us that hasn't made some kind of mistake in our lives that we wished we could go back and have a "do over" with. I think the past has made each and everyone perhaps a better person. We DO learn from our mistakes and hope that others can see us trying to be the best person that we can be. Perhaps its all of life's lessons that have made Charles and Camilla really cherish the love and togetherness they now share? I really don't think they take too much time to dwell on the past. I know I sure don't.

The arrogance of some people is astounding. Iluvbertie and VictoriaB have the right responses, couldn't have but it better myself.

Last edited:

Are you serious? If you really love someone, you love them for who they are and not what they look like. It two people are together just because they find each other beautiful, the relationship is pointless, in my opinion.

How ridiculous would it be if Chalres said something like "Oh yes, Camilla means a lot to me because she is pretty." I would think he is just a jerk.

I really wonder why this is so important to Diana's Ghost. You live in the US, are you British and still a subject of the monarchy? If not, why do you care and in any case, why should they care? You are being a trifle ridiculous, don't you know

I really wonder why this is so important to Diana's Ghost. You live in the US, are you British and still a subject of the monarchy? If not, why do you care and in any case, why should they care? You are being a trifle ridiculous, don't you know

From her user name, she is an admirer of Diana. But there is no need to criticize Camilla (especially her looks) or the relationship between Charles and Camilla in order to bolster up Diana. In fact, it only detracts from Diana, in my opinion.

I think the clue is in her name, Dianas Ghost is clearly an adoring fan of Diana's. It's the reoccurring Diana lovers = Camilla haters.

That's nice. Camilla can be "special", "wonderful", but not a single mention of her looks.

It's a joke right ?

Wow, that is really one sad and unhappy looking couple.

I bet you wish :cool:. So if you prefere :

Prince Charles Wins A Prize And A Kiss From His Wife

Prince Charles Prince Of Wales And Camilla Duchess

There are many many more ...

Good for you! :whistling:

Last edited:

I'd like to add a few of my favorites to this list.

I think most of us remember when Camilla fell down the rabbit hole and did some serious damage to her ankle was it? I had to admire how she had the stamina to still make and participate in royal duties whether it be in a wheelchair, crutches or motorized scooter even. The part that really impressed me a lot was when Charles himself pushed her wheelchair as they entered the Royal Opera House. He could very well have had her lady-in-waiting perform that duty for her but he chose to do the husbandly thing.
Charles pushes Camilla to the Opera - YouTube

And this one has to be one of my all time favorite ones. Their Christmas card from 2008. NO one can say these two don't enjoy life as it comes!

One has the giggles: Charles and Camilla's Christmas card has couple in fit of laughter | Mail Online

I toTaLLY AGRee with YOU, mi opinions about charles and camilla never will change. since my 14 year old until now I have 29 I all the time I thing the same thing about them.

People stop wasting your time trying to convince people who do not want to be convinced. No matter what you say they are still going to hate her and hate them together; can we please move on to a more productive conversation?

While I appreciate all the great pictures, I am not sure why we keep going back to how Camilla looks and based her looks they can't be really happy. First looks don't make a marriage. Second the POW as a young man was cute in a funny looking way and Camilla was cute with a banging body. He was attracted to her then and he is now. When you look at your partner after 30 years you see the young happy person you fell in love with-not evevery wrinkle, gray hair or bald spot. Finally this is not supposed to be Diana vs Camilla but it is drifting that way. Diana was a beautiful girl and I believed that before things fell apart the POW loved her too.

I have always been lead to believe that Camilla was always unattractive based on the pictures of her that were splashed everywhere in the early 90's. But by actually doing some digging I have found some pictures where she really looks quite pretty. But even if she wasn't beautiful young and isn't beautiful now, like sthreats said the physical does not make a marriage; and Charles and Camilla's relationship clearly goes much deeper than the shallow exterior.

And this one has to be one of my all time favorite ones. Their Christmas card from 2008. NO one can say these two don't enjoy life as it comes!

One has the giggles: Charles and Camilla's Christmas card has couple in fit of laughter | Mail Online

I've never seen this one; thanks for posting. It is a funny, endearing and actually intimate photo.

People stop wasting your time trying to convince people who do not want to be convinced. No matter what you say they are still going to hate her and hate them together; can we please move on to a more productive conversation?

Hear, hear!

And here's my contribution to Nico's list:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Charles+Camilla+Prince+Charles+Visit+ZRy26uAXfE9l.jpg

Last edited:

I agree with you.

Unfortunately I get angry when I come across shallow people who only judge people for their looks.

I don't think Camilla is unattractive.

She looks like what she is, a nice-looking woman in her sixties! (In fact, she looks fine compared to other women of her generation, much better than Fergie who is years younger).

Diana died young, so of course she leaves behind an image of beauty and style. But if she had lived, she too would have aged and inevitably become less attractive.

What matters is the way two people complement one another and the way in which they mesh, not some transient beauty, imo.

:previous: Great post.

Camilla was never what most would consider a beauty outwardly, but to someone she was/is attractive and that's what matters.

Last edited:

I love the pictures, Nico! I love looking at pictures of these two. They make each other very happy, and it shows.

I'd like to add a few of my favorites to this list.

I think most of us remember when Camilla fell down the rabbit hole and did some serious damage to her ankle was it? I had to admire how she had the stamina to still make and participate in royal duties whether it be in a wheelchair, crutches or motorized scooter even. The part that really impressed me a lot was when Charles himself pushed her wheelchair as they entered the Royal Opera House. He could very well have had her lady-in-waiting perform that duty for her but he chose to do the husbandly thing.
Charles pushes Camilla to the Opera - YouTube

The Christmas card is amusing. They certainly don't lack a sense of humor. I love it. The video is sweet. Again, shows us that they care deeply for one another, and not afraid of showing it.

I've never seen this one; thanks for posting. It is a funny, endearing and actually intimate photo.

Hear, hear!

And here's my contribution to Nico's list:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Charles+Camilla+Prince+Charles+Visit+ZRy26uAXfE9l.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of he couple.

Back
Top Bottom