Charles and Camilla: Official Visits to France and Greece - May 7-11, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Families of the victims and members of the emergency services who worked on the evening of the Terrorist attack meet TRH following the commemorations on La Promenade des Anglais.

Attachments

• ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 97
  • ch.jpg
    ch.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 90
  • ca 1.jpg
    ca 1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 85
Prince of Wales has just been made an Honorary Citizen of Nice ... “Welcome Home” says the mayor #RoyalVisitFrance

Via Chris Ship Twitter

Aren't they wonderful at this sort of thing? HM is also wonderful at State visits, but she tends to keep her hands firmly clasped, and I don't think she has ever been photographed painting a duck!
Charles and Camilla really do things their own way, and with such good humour and 'joie de vivre'

I definitely see Charles and Camilla thoroughly enjoying themselves just about everywhere they go. I do attribute that to Camilla being able to bring out the very best in Charles. They're amazing together. Camilla is that kind of down to earth person that will find humor in things too and crack Charles up. They make a good team.

I agree Osipi, I see joy and contentment when they are together

Do we have any video ? I know that Prince Charles speaks French, I would like to hear him. He should adress some sentences in French

Any pictures from today?

Last edited:
In Day 1, last video around 1.00 Camilla said a sentence in French.
Also in Day 2. Last vidéo she arrived and said ' bonjour ' but she had also a interpret with her. I think she speaks some French but not enough to be alone with French people.
As for Prince Charles it is a pity that he delivers his speech in English. He is supposed to speak French quite well.
Finally only the Queen every time she was in France delivered perfect French long speeches. Cudos

Last edited:

And I do not think that the British Royal House was problems with Greece by Philip of Edinburgh, that seems very unfair to me.
The relations Greece, UK have not been bad, this has been HORRIBLE relations. why?

The Greeks have not had sympathy for the Britains for many years, even when there was monarchy in Greece, the Greeks did not love the British. For many reasons, but especially Cyprus. Many Greeks believe that Cyprus would be Greece today if Britain had not positioned with Turkey.... This provoked in 1955 a very serious conflict between Greece - Turkey, and Great Britain. This conflict has had a very serious impact on Greek politics for three decades. Today in our days, the island is divided, as you know...This don´t like to the greeks .

And second, the Parthenon Friezes, which as you know, are British soil and I do not need to extend the subject, because I think you already know what Greece is asking. If the British House wants “...come to terms with the reality " they know the way....

And I do not think that the British Royal House was problems with Greece by Philip of Edinburgh, that seems very unfair to me.
The relations Greece, UK have not been bad, this has been HORRIBLE relations. why?

The Greeks have not had sympathy for the Britains for many years, even when there was monarchy in Greece, the Greeks did not love the British. For many reasons, but especially Cyprus. Many Greeks believe that Cyprus would be Greece today if Britain had not positioned with Turkey.... This provoked in 1955 a very serious conflict between Greece - Turkey, and Great Britain. This conflict has had a very serious impact on Greek politics for three decades. Today in our days, the island is divided, as you know...This don´t like to the greeks .

And second, the Parthenon Friezes, which as you know, are British soil and I do not need to extend the subject, because I think you already know what Greece is asking. If the British House wants “...come to terms with the reality " they know the way....
Let's not forget the "problematic" behaviour of the British backed authorities after the liberation from the Germans during WWII.

^There's 'gratitude' for you.. perhaps we'd have been better leaving them to the 'tender mercies' of the Nazi's ?

Full list of engagements - day 1 and 2

Court Circular 7th May:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for France and were received later upon arrival at Nice International Airport by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the French Republic (His Excellency the Lord Llewellyn of Steep).

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this afternoon visited the Memorial for the Victims of the 14th July 2016 Terrorist Attack and laid a wreath, Villa Massena, Nice.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited the Laboratory Factory, Fragonard Perfumery, Eze.

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently visited the Exotic Garden, Eze.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception at Villa Massena to celebrate UK-France relations.

Mr. Clive Alderton, Mr. Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr. Julian Payne, Dr. Anton Borg, Major Harry Pilcher and Mrs. Belinda Kim are in attendance.

Court Circular 8th May:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today undertook engagements in Lyon, France.

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this afternoon attended a Victory in Europe Commemoration Ceremony at the War Memorial in the Parc de la Tête d'Or and laid a wreath.

Their Royal Highnesses later visited les Halles de Lyon-Paul Bocuse.

The Prince of Wales subsequently visited the International Criminal Police Organization.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Isara-Lyon University.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited a women's shelter.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Emmaus UK, subsequently visited Emmaus Lyon.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/prince-wales-and-duchess-cornwall-arrive-nice-royal-visit-france
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/prince-wales-and-duchess-cornwall-visit-lyon-france-2
The Prince of Wales’s speech, delivered in Nice:
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/speech/speech-hrh-prince-wales-reception-hosted-mayor-nice
The Prince of Wales laid flowers from his Highgrove Garden at the memorial dedicated to the 86 people who died in the attack in Nice in July 2016:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcmRu0kXcAAiPDH.jpg

I said it was interesting - I did not say it was good. Let’s hope this visit might be the start of an improvement of Anglo-Greek relations.

The best relations between Great Britain and Greece were with the period of the monarchy, the monarchy always considered beneficial the relationship with Great Britain. King George, King Paul and the King Constantine, always maintained an excellent relationship with Britain, despite all the problems. The greek politicians and their ideologies, have been responsible for that distant relationship. I think this visit is good to Greece.

I only hope that politicians know how to appreciate and take advantage it .

Gifts exchanged between Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and President of Greece Prokopios Pavlopoulos are displayed at the Presidential Mansion on May 9, 2018 in Athens, Greece.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Wales+Duchess+2Uee4zoq11Jx.jpg

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall poses for a photograph with schoolchildren from the IM Panagiotopoulos School as she attends a UNESCO literacy event at the Kaisariani Monastery on May 10, 2018 in Athens, Greece.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Wales+Duchess+D6BYKR7VScyx.jpg

When asked what her favourite book was, The Duchess responded: "When I was very young, which was 100 years ago, I used to love the books of Rudyard Kipling."

Prince Charles Meets with Former King of Greece Constantine II
Prince Charles Meets with Former King of Greece Constantine II | GreekReporter.com

Thanks for the great photos.
Love seeing the food and coffee, the Greek Orthodox Church visit and the sweet young chappy hugging Camilla. Her Pistachio tunic was a favourite.
Interested to learn of he diplomatic visit with The former King Constantine II.

Several sites are also reporting that the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall also met with Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia at the British Embassy in Greece during this visit.

Really enjoying catching up on this tour, seeing the photos and articles :flowers:

I always love seeing these two on tour. May not be as exciting as the younger couples but I actually really enjoy them. Loved seeing the two of them participating in the dancing ?

Full list of engagements - day 3, 4 and 5

Court Circular 9th May:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Cours Saleya Flower Market, Nice, France.

Their Royal Highnesses later departed from Nice International Airport for Greece and were received upon arrival this afternoon at Athens International Airport by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic (Her Excellency Ms. Katharine Smith).

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, afterwards visited the Memorial of the Unknown Soldier, Syntagma Square, Athens, and laid a wreath.

Their Royal Highnesses were later received by The President of the Hellenic Republic and Mrs. Peltsemi-Pavlopoulous at the Presidential Mansion in Athens.

The Prince of Wales afterwards called upon the Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic (His Excellency Mr. Alexis Tsipras) at Maximo House, Athens.

His Royal Highness later received the Leader of the Official Greek Opposition (Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis) at the Residence in Athens.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Dinner given by The President of the Hellenic Republic at the Presidential Mansion.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited the Benaki Museum, Athens.

Court Circular 10th May:
The Prince of Wales this morning was received by the Archbishop of Athens and All Greece (His Beatitude Ieronymos II) at the Archbishops Palace, Athens, Greece.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently visited Kapnikarea Church, Central Athens.

His Royal Highness, accompanied by Her Royal Highness, afterwards visited the Commonwealth War Graves Commission Cemetery, Phaleron, and laid a wreath.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited the Royal Navy Ship HMS ECHO at Piraeus.

His Royal Highness afterwards embarked in the United Kingdom Border Force Cutter HMC VALIANT and travelled to Flisvos Marina.

The Prince of Wales later visited the Hellenic Naval Trireme HS OLYMPIAS in Flisvos Marina.

His Royal Highness subsequently attended a Reception to celebrate the United Kingdom-Greece Maritime relationship onboard the Hellenic Navy Ship HS AVEROF.

The Prince of Wales, Vice Patron, the British Council, later attended a Reception at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre, Athens, to celebrate the United Kingdom-Greek Education relationship.

His Royal Highness, President, The Prince's Trust Group, afterwards attended a Reception at the residence of Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic (Her Excellency Ms. Katharine Smith) at the residence to celebrate United Kingdom-Greece relations.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon attended a Reception at Kaisariani Monastery, Athens, celebrating Athens' tenure as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation World Book Capital.

Her Royal Highness later visited a women's centre in central Athens.

Court Circular 11th May:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements on the Island of Crete.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon visited the Knossos archaeological site.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, the British School at Athens, afterwards visited the stratigraphic facility at the Knossos archaeological site.

Their Royal Highnesses later visited the Heraklion Development Agency, Archanes.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited Archanes Market.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Lyrarakis Winery.

Their Royal Highnesses this evening arrived at Royal Air Force Brize Norton from Crete.
Mr Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr Julian Payne, Dr Anton Borg, Major Harry Pilcher and Mrs Belinda Kim were in attendance.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/pr...ornwall-visit-nice-france-and-athens-greece-0
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/prince-wales-and-duchess-cornwall-visit-athens-greece-2
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/prince-wales-and-duchess-cornwall-visit-crete-greece
Prince Charles meets with the former King of Greece – Royal Central
Crown Prince Couple of Serbia attend reception with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall – Royal Central

Back
Top Bottom