Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Germany - William and Kate
Poland - William and Kate
Sweden - William and Kate
Norway - William and Kate
I think Norway is not in the EU.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

It isn't 'in the EU' but is in a close relationship with them as a member of the European Economic Area.

The main issue post-Brexit is trade so Norway was included as a to be visited country due to membership of the EEA and the European Free Trade Association.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That visit was to go to the Rugby and they added on a few extra activities - it wasn't part of the Brexit strategy anymore than Anne's visits to France or Italy for rugby matches have been part of the Brexit strategy and she has made visits to both countries for rugby since Brexit was announced.
We all have royals we like more than others, but I am a little surprised to see the official trip of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to France last year being described as "to go to the Rugby and they added on a few extra activities". Add up the number of engagements and the time spent on "a few extra activities" versus that spent at the rugby on that trip and perhaps you might change your view (or perhaps not, if you don't want facts getting in the way of an espoused view!)
Old 04-14-2018, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
We all have royals we like more than others, but I am a little surprised to see the official trip of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to France last year being described as "to go to the Rugby and they added on a few extra activities". Add up the number of engagements and the time spent on "a few extra activities" versus that spent at the rugby on that trip and perhaps you might change your view (or perhaps not, if you don't want facts getting in the way of an espoused view!)
And one of the "few extra activities"wa a meeting at the Elysée Palace with President Hollande, not less...
Old 04-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
And one of the "few extra activities"wa a meeting at the Elysée Palace with President Hollande, not less...
.... and a few others. More details below in the appropriate thread!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-41854.html
Old 04-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
a meeting at the Elysée Palace with President Hollande, not less...
Is it ANY wonder they're in no hurry to rush back to Paris ??
Old 04-14-2018, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Is it ANY wonder they're in no hurry to rush back to Paris ??
Maybe ... but as there is a new President in town, would have been nice to see a fist contact with the BRF ( a French State visit to the UK being expected in one or two years).
Old 05-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Majesty

DM has nice pics of their arrival.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall touch down for tour of France and Greece | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery for the first day in Nice

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed..._visit_to_nice
Old 05-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Aren't they wonderful at this sort of thing? HM is also wonderful at State visits, but she tends to keep her hands firmly clasped, and I don't think she has ever been photographed painting a duck!
Charles and Camilla really do things their own way, and with such good humour and 'joie de vivre'
Old 05-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Families of the victims and members of the emergency services who worked on the evening of the Terrorist attack meet TRH following the commemorations on La Promenade des Anglais.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ca.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	301261   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	301262   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca 1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	301263  
Old 05-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Administrator

More nice photos of day 1 can be found here:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit France And Greece **
Old 05-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Prince of Wales has just been made an Honorary Citizen of Nice ... “Welcome Home” says the mayor #RoyalVisitFrance

Via Chris Ship Twitter
Old 05-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Aren't they wonderful at this sort of thing? HM is also wonderful at State visits, but she tends to keep her hands firmly clasped, and I don't think she has ever been photographed painting a duck!
Charles and Camilla really do things their own way, and with such good humour and 'joie de vivre'
I definitely see Charles and Camilla thoroughly enjoying themselves just about everywhere they go. I do attribute that to Camilla being able to bring out the very best in Charles. They're amazing together. Camilla is that kind of down to earth person that will find humor in things too and crack Charles up. They make a good team.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

I agree Osipi, I see joy and contentment when they are together
Old 05-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Do we have any video ? I know that Prince Charles speaks French, I would like to hear him. He should adress some sentences in French
Old 05-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Any pictures from today?
Old 05-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Administrator

The gallery I've posted above has been updated with photos of today's events! It was created for both Greece and France

And here are some more:

** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Solemn Charles and Camilla pay their respects at VE Day Commemorations in Lyon as they kick off the second leg of their royal tour..**
Old 05-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Day 1 in France:

Day 2 in France:

I think Camilla is speaking French in the last video. She also gave a speech at Emmaus, but I can’t find video.

A couple of interesting articles about their speeches:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3833621.html
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3832751.html
Old 05-09-2018, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

In Day 1, last video around 1.00 Camilla said a sentence in French.
Also in Day 2. Last vidéo she arrived and said ' bonjour ' but she had also a interpret with her. I think she speaks some French but not enough to be alone with French people.
As for Prince Charles it is a pity that he delivers his speech in English. He is supposed to speak French quite well.
Finally only the Queen every time she was in France delivered perfect French long speeches. Cudos