Charles & Camilla: How has your opinion changed since the wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Katherine said:
Camilla is the Duchess of Prudence.

I'm baffled by this statement. Can you enlighten us? :neutral:

Australian said:
I'm baffled by this statement. Can you enlighten us? :neutral:

I would interpret it to mean that Camilla doesn't talk to the press about her private life or makes embarassing scenes in public. The operative words here being 'to the press' and 'in public'.

Do you think that camilla has become more acceptable now?

Since her marriage in april 2005 somehow camilla seems to have taken over the limelight quite well and is getting on with it - do you think that people are beginning to appreciate her a lot more and is she becoming more and more popular now than ever before.

shaan said:
Since her marriage in april 2005 somehow camilla seems to have taken over the limelight quite well and is getting on with it - do you think that people are beginning to appreciate her a lot more and is she becoming more and more popular now than ever before.

Yes, I think our image has certainly changed of her - she's no longer the diana's marriage wrecker, but the women who's made Charles happy.

Charles and Camilla a perfect pair

:wub:Charles and Camilla are a perfect pair.I believe they work well together and fit each other well.She is a support and help to the Prince and I understand that she is so down to earth and caring.She certainly showed that when she and Charles came to Lousiana and the Gulf after Katrina. It was so much appreciated here in the States that they took the time to visit the stricken areas.That means alot.I am just getting to know Camilla's patronages, and I was thrilled to see that she visited Emmaus Homeless community.What a great Patron she will make.I was homeless my self at one time and I know the feeling.She seems to be a very caring individual and she does Her Husband and her country proud.As an American who also loves Queen and Country-due to my early raising by a British Uncle and American Aunt I appreciate all that they do.My hat's off to them.I wish them Peace in their life together.

Welcome to the Forums Lauren Grace.
I see you've got into your stride with your second post. It gets much easier once the initial "first post nerves" have been overcome. Enjoy. :)

Welcome Lauren Grace:flowers: !
It´s nice to read your post and to see that there is one more who thinks that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are great!

I've always had a soft spot for Charles. But my opinion hasn't change for Camilla, I don't like her but I still respect her.

lauren grace said:
:wub:Charles and Camilla are a perfect pair....I wish them Peace in their life together.

Welcome to the forums! :flowers: Nice to see another lady with such good taste!

My opinion has not changed; I liked and respected them both before and still do now.

I do hope the Prince of Wales will change what his wife is to be known as when he suceeds to the throne, then my opinion of him will rise yet further.

Camilla is my favourite Royal of all for her dignity, silence and grace under pressure.

Frothy said:
I do hope the Prince of Wales will change what his wife is to be known as when he suceeds to the throne, then my opinion of him will rise yet further.

Lets not get that discussion running again.lol. ;) That was well documented some time back and almost a thread in length (or so it seemed).

We know the reality and legalities of the situation so lets just wait and see :)

Information

I have a question: Is true that when Camila was married with Andrew Parker Bowles, thay had a catholic wedding? Is true is? Is Camila catholic or only Andrew? I know that prince Charles is anglican, and, of course, he is crown prince, and for this, he could not married with:flowers: a catholic. Remember to Henry VIII and his problem with the pope, and, finally, the king separated to England to catholic church and he created his church, for his lover.

Madame Royale said:
Lets not get that discussion running again.lol. ;) That was well documented some time back and almost a thread in length (or so it seemed).

We know the reality and legalities of the situation so lets just wait and see :)

Yes, there's a thread about what Camilla's title will be when Charles ascends the throne. Its still open as far as I can tell, so anybody can continue the discussion there. There's no reason why the discussion of Camilla's title should be offlimits in the forum but its easier to follow if its in the right thread.

marian said:
I have a question: Is true that when Camila was married with Andrew Parker Bowles, thay had a catholic wedding? Is true is? Is Camila catholic or only Andrew? I know that prince Charles is anglican, and, of course, he is crown prince, and for this, he could not married with:flowers: a catholic.

Camilla was and is anglican. You do not have to convert to catholicism to marry one, although you do have to agree to raise the children in that faith.

ysbel said:
Yes, there's a thread about what Camilla's title will be when Charles ascends the throne. Its still open as far as I can tell, so anybody can continue the discussion there. There's no reason why the discussion of Camilla's title should be offlimits in the forum but its easier to follow if its in the right thread.

I never said (or intended to mean) that the discussion shouldn't be continued in the right forum, but if it was interpreted that way, at least it has now been clarified.

Last edited:
Technically you don't have to agree to raise the children in the faith, at least not anymore. Maybe it was so when C married A P-B. These days, the Catholic partner must promise a priest with the non-Catholic partner present that s/he will do their best to raise the children Catholic. The non-Catholic does not need to agree to it. I know having married a non-Catholic myself recently and been through it!

Camilla could not have married Charles had she been Catholic and we all recall it wound up as only a civil wedding. She has been taken to the country's hearts since then!

Frothy said:
Technically you don't have to agree to raise the children in the faith, at least not anymore. Maybe it was so when C married A P-B. These days, the Catholic partner must promise a priest with the non-Catholic partner present that s/he will do their best to raise the children Catholic. The non-Catholic does not need to agree to it. I know having married a non-Catholic myself recently and been through it!

Camilla could not have married Charles had she been Catholic and we all recall it wound up as only a civil wedding. She has been taken to the country's hearts since then!

Ahh, times have changed, back in the early '70's, my friend had to agree to bring the children up in the faith! Another in the early 80's married a non catholic and she made no promise at all! :ermm:

I remain very happy for C & C. They look happy and settled. I'm all for marriage for love over anything else. Isn't that what marriage is all about??? So many problems could be averted if people married solely for love, but I know that's being naive. I guess it's the whole Happily Ever After dream, not just for royals but for everyone. Anyhow, I wish Charles & Camilla a long healthy and happy life together. I think she will only be an asset to him when (and if) that day comes when he is crowned King.

I think its nice that they finally found happiness. Its just a shame so many lives had to be hurt and affected along the way.

I wish them the best for the future and hope the boys learned valuable lessons along the way. Marry the one you truely love! That's the only way there can be a real happily ever after.

I'm happy Charles and Camilla finally found it.

Well, let's not over-exaggerate by saying "so many lives". Actually it was a very small number. The rest just tagged along to be a part of the mayhem and the headlines.

Well it's true. "I ONCE BRUSHED PAST DI IN OLD COMPTON STREET - SHE TOLD ME I WAS HER ROCK" and "DI TOLD MILKMAN PHILIP WOULD KILL HER" are not unthinkable headlines.

Such headlines may be quite likely but this is no place to discuss them, since this is a thread, called Camilla & Charles: How has your opinion changed since the wedding?

So please everyone, stay close to the topic.

Thank you for co-operation,
Avalon, British Forums Moderator

Thank you for your answer. I wait that prince Charles will be happy with his wife, and that they can be king and queen of England.

The High Unction Ofthe Coronation

I have no problem with Charles and Camilla BUT I am wondering if Prince Charles has missed a point or two.
Firstly, being heir presumptive is a "calling" not a job at all.Perhaps he should not call his family the firm as they do not have jobs but "callings"
That is why the controversy of divorce was so profound.
Apparently, in the coronation ceremony the high unction of the church is bestowed on the royal being crowned. The high unction cannot be bestowed on a divorced royal,because it indicates that the the royal was common enough not to be "called" and rise above their personal desire. This was the actual religious problem with Edward.Also the King should be able to give the sacrament but I am not ceratain. The king shows that he has been called for catalysis.
None of us dislike The Duchess but what of the coronation ? How credible will it be? Will those ecumenical laws be revised to accomodate circumstance? I have read a great article on www.lovemarks.com by an Elizabeth UK. just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas out there about this.
If they are happy may they live happily ever after.

Jaya said:
Will those ecumenical laws be revised to accomodate circumstance? I have read a great article on www.lovemarks.com by an Elizabeth UK. just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas out there about this.
Well considering that the Church of England arose from a split from the Roman Catholic Church over the "Divorce" of the King of England, my guess is that they will definitely get over it! :lol:

Jaya said:
I have no problem with Charles and Camilla BUT I am wondering if Prince Charles has missed a point or two.
Firstly, being heir presumptive is a "calling" not a job at all.Perhaps he should not call his family the firm as they do not have jobs but "callings"
That is why the controversy of divorce was so profound.
Apparently, in the coronation ceremony the high unction of the church is bestowed on the royal being crowned. The high unction cannot be bestowed on a divorced royal,because it indicates that the the royal was common enough not to be "called" and rise above their personal desire. This was the actual religious problem with Edward.Also the King should be able to give the sacrament but I am not ceratain. The king shows that he has been called for catalysis.
None of us dislike The Duchess but what of the coronation ? How credible will it be? Will those ecumenical laws be revised to accomodate circumstance? I have read a great article on www.lovemarks.com by an Elizabeth UK. just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas out there about this.
If they are happy may they live happily ever after.

NB Charles is NOT the heir presumptive. He is the heir apparent.

An heir presumptive can be replaced in the order of succession e.g. his mother was heiress presumptive because, until she became queen, she could have been replaced in the line of succession by a younger brother.

Charles can't be replaced by anyone and therefore is the heir apparent (of which there can only be one as the term is singular).

Charles has never seemed happier so good luck to both he and Camilla in what the future holds for both of them:)

chrissy57 said:
NB Charles is NOT the heir presumptive. He is the heir apparent.

An heir presumptive can be replaced in the order of succession e.g. his mother was heiress presumptive because, until she became queen, she could have been replaced in the line of succession by a younger brother.

Charles can't be replaced by anyone and therefore is the heir apparent (of which there can only be one as the term is singular).
well then may we live happily and they have all the happiness in the world.

Jaya said:
well then may we live happily and they have all the happiness in the world.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the meaning of your post.

Could you please explain what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom