Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic 3 is adorable! Probably not a regular activity on the royal rounds. :)

Pic 3 is adorable! Probably not a regular activity on the royal rounds. :)

Hehe...I can just hear Charles saying "Its ok darling... you don't have to stay for 6 weeks in this one." :whistling:

Those surely are pictures of a couple whose marriage is in trouble! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the one thing I love about these 2 (all controvery aside) is how happy they always look and how they're always laughing.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visted the Bodmin
Policing Hub in Bodmin, Cornwall, Tuesday July 13, 2010.

The boy on pic 5 is a young painting competition winner, fierce
competition for Charles ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall are seen during a ceremony
at the British Australian cemetery of Fromelles, northern France, Monday
July 19, 2010. Royalty, governments and relatives on Monday honored
Australian and British soldiers whose remains were discovered in mass
graves on the 94th anniversary of the World War I battle of Fromelles in
northern France.

The lady on pic 3 and 4 is Governor General of Australia Quentin Bryce.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

** Final farewell for soldiers found in WWI mass grave as they are reburied 94 years on **

Very touching.

It's a nice change to see them laying single flowers rather than wreaths.

Prince Charles seems to be particularly moved. The Duke of Kent and Quentin Bryce look concerned about him.

I stayed up late and watched the ceremony on TV. It was indeed rather moving, and the Prince did look very touched. It was nice to see a Royal there on such an important occasion.

But I must complain about 1 thing and that is that Prince Charles should be given some Australian decoration to wear with his other medals. I was slightly annoyed that the Queen's Service Order from NZ is always the first and most conspicuous of his medals.

I am sure if he received them from the Aussies, he would happily wear them.

Charles is a Knight of the Order of Australia and has been since 1981. He is one of only three living such Knights as only 12 were ever created (in the Fraser years) and none since Hawke became PM and his government abolished that level. Charles, Sir Ninian Stephan and Sir Zelman Cowan are the only surviving knights. That means that Charles is Sir Charles along with his other titles in Australia.

What wonderful names Ninian and Zelman. :)

What wonderful names Ninian and Zelman. :)

Both Sir Ninian Stephan and Sir Zelman Cowan served as HM GG to Australia. I was actually awarded by BA by Sir Zelman Cowan in 1979 while he was GG. Sir Ninian Stephan replaced Sir Zelman Cowan and restored a lot of respect to that position after the term of office of Sir John Kerr and the Dismissal of the Whitlam Government. Sir John Kerr was also awarded the AK by PM Fraser.

Does anyone know anything about Charles restoring Delnadamph Lodge on the Balmoral Estate? I've just read a small article saying the Lodge was a present from HM to Charles and Diana but Diana wasn't intrested in it, however it is now (apparently) being restored to a 12 bedroom house for Charles and Camilla.

I understand the lodge was demolished in 1987-88, so it may be that it is being rebuilt.

Does anyone know anything about Charles restoring Delnadamph Lodge on the Balmoral Estate? I've just read a small article saying the Lodge was a present from HM to Charles and Diana but Diana wasn't intrested in it, however it is now (apparently) being restored to a 12 bedroom house for Charles and Camilla.

Wiki article says that it is being rebuilt.
Delnadamph Lodge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Delnadamph Lodge on the Balmoral Estate
ASP : Aberdeenshire | Delnadamph Lodge

Wonderful. This is clearly a lady who knows her way around a market!
BBC News - Charles and Camilla spend Brixton Pounds at market

Charles and Camilla spend Brixton Pounds at market

The duchess spent Brixton Pounds, which shoppers obtain when they exchange traditional money
The Duchess of Cornwall has used some of the currency accepted by businesses in south London - known as Brixton Pounds - on a visit to a local market with the Prince of Wales.
Camilla bought a box of mangoes with a Brixton £10 note, introduced last year to try to keep the money of local people within the community.

I rather enjoyed this video. I'm happy to see Charles and Camilla out and about among the people.

I enjoyed that, too. Thank you for posting the link, Nico. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom