The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2020, 03:26 AM
Majesty

The YouGov polling Company isn't media driven. And there are lots of nuances in their polling. They are regarded as being very reputable.

As can be seen from the link, they measure negative feelings, neutral feelings and the positive towards a particular Royal. They do not ask their respondents to rank the royals either. And for each they show the age group of those respondents (Millenials, Baby boomers etc) and which royals polls best with each group.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

We see the Duchess at the Trooping, at Royal Ascot, on Remembrance Sunday, we see her at the main table at State Banquets, at the State Opening of Parliament, we see her en par with the Queens of the Netherlands and of Spain on Garter Day, we see her at individual engagements, we see her completely functioning as spouse of The Prince of Wales, fitting seamlessly in the harness of the Royal Firm. I have no any doubt she will be her old accessible herself, with her wit and dry humor, with her feeling for decorum, to continue to be a great Consort to Charles indeed.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So you are saying that they were allowed to change their mind due to circumstance...
Perhaps pragmatic change is a 'closed book' to you ? Bit odd given your views of the Couple 'exiting' the Firm at the end of March ?

But [in the real world] 'When Circumstances change l change my mind'..
Old 03-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Well, even if that is a reputable poll, it doesnít matter as ultimately the people donít get to make the decision. I have to say that itís a shame that Charles and Camilla are still hated or disliked by so many people because they canít get over Diana, but then again, Iím not a fan these kind of polls so I guess Iím not surprised. Anyway, these two have lived with these ratings for years, and they will continue to do so.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Perhaps pragmatic change is a 'closed book' to you ? Bit odd given your views of the Couple 'exiting' the Firm at the end of March ?

But [in the real world] 'When Circumstances change l change my mind'..
Oh you see I very much agree that people change with circumstances. Though it seems people pick and choose who this should apply to. No surprise there though.

Itís just been fascinating to read these last few pages.

That said, despite what some in the public might groan about, at the end of the day Camilla will still be Queen Camilla when the time comes.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Oh you see I very much agree that people change with circumstances. Though it seems people pick and choose who this should apply to. No surprise there though.

Itís just been fascinating to read these last few pages.

That said, despite what some in the public might groan about, at the end of the day Camilla will still be Queen Camilla when the time comes.
she may or may not be. They may decide to stick to original intenton that she is known as Princess Consort. I think it was a bad idea to make that announcement.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Camilla will still be Queen Camilla when the time comes.
You and l can [at least] agree on that...
Old 03-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

https://royalcentral.co.uk/features/...-queen-138567/
This is dated today. Still old news or had Clarence House indeed reconfirmed the princess consort option?
Old 03-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
https://royalcentral.co.uk/features/...-queen-138567/
This is dated today. Still old news or had Clarence House indeed reconfirmed the princess consort option?

Old news, theyíre reporting on the same article that was posted a few comments up.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
You and l can [at least] agree on that...
But we don't know that. It was stated that she would be Princess Consort.. and if Charles had succeeded to the throne within say 6 months of the marriage, I think he would have had to abide by that.
Over time it had begun to lookl like she had more acceptance and that they had been a bit premature in making the Princess statement and that she would become queen...
But while she is accepted, I think that tehre is still a feeling that they are Ok with her being Charles' wife.... but that she should be Princess Consort.. rather than queen.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion