Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ygraine said:
Because they are contemptible people who calously used Diana Spencer to further their own ends expecting her to put up with a menage a trois arrangement not to mention the fact that Mrs Parker Bowles also expected her husband to put up with a facade of a marriage all to suit Charles and camillas selfish pursuit of their own pleasure.They never once appear to have stopped to consider the damage they were doing to other people

You repetead all accusations from Morton book but you fail to explain why you believe without any doubt in words of proven liar (to makes it clear - Diana was a proven liar).

Ygraine said:
Because they are contemptible people who calously used Diana Spencer to further their own ends expecting her to put up with a menage a trois arrangement not to mention the fact that Mrs Parker Bowles also expected her husband to put up with a facade of a marriage all to suit Charles and camillas selfish pursuit of their own pleasure.They never once appear to have stopped to consider the damage they were doing to other people

Ygraine,

On your first day posting in the forums, you certainly know how to stir up a little excitement, don't you?

The reasons your post may get such a response is that the discussion of the relationship of Charles, Diana, and Camilla has been discussed rather heatedly and at great length in other threads in the forum.

May I suggest that you take some time to peruse some of the threads on the Charles/Diana/Camilla relationship which can provide hours of reading and give you a perspective of the subject and also introduce you to some of the more frequent members here.

Welcome to the forum.

AgnesK said:
You repetead all accusations from Morton book but you fail to explain why you believe without any doubt in words of proven liar (to makes it clear - Diana was a proven liar).

Not wanting to get back into the Diana/Charles/Camilla triangle (see my post above) I think its a bit of a stretch to call Diana a proven liar or even to assume that ygraine took her opinions from Andrew Morton's book.

Ygraine said:
They never once appear to have stopped to consider the damage they were doing to other people

Sadly the same question could be asked about di's behavior. However even she had to admit that she had not told the truth in the Morton book or her interview. We will never know for certain, who slept with who first but, it was a number of years ago, time has moved on and so have the main characters.

Camilla is doing a wonderful job of supporting not only Charles but, also her children and step-children, she is a great asset to the monarchy and appears to get on well with her own family but, Charles' family as well. Something his first wife was unable to do.

ysbel said:
Not wanting to get back into the Diana/Charles/Camilla triangle (see my post above) I think its a bit of a stretch to call Diana a proven liar or even to assume that ygraine took her opinions from Andrew Morton's book.

Ygraine repeated all Morton so called "facts" - so I assumed she had to take them from that book. And Diana was a proven liar - full stop :) Somebody who lies and is being found out is a proven liar. She lied and she had been found out. That's my last Diana interruption in this thread :D

I did not take my facts from any book but from my own opinion I was asked to explain and I did.As people they have be haved badly that is my opinion .I didn't say Diana was a saint either.I really have no particular interest in Charles or Camilla these days

Last edited:
Ygraine said:
I really have no particular interest in Charles or Camilla these days
That's a shame, because they are doing some interesting things together. It's never too late to broaden one's perspective. :)

We can never know what went on in their personal lives therefore I do not judge them on it. I look at their jobs as royals and judge them there. Thats where it really counts. As royals, how do you view them.

Ygraine said:
I really have no particular interest in Charles or Camilla these days

And that is why you find Charles&Camilla thread and start posting here :D ? I encourage you to look what they are doing now - maybe you change your opinion (taken from Morton or not ;) )

OK Time to step out on a limb and say......
I think they are a great couple. The are comfortable together, their body language says it all. ;)

They are "people of a certain age" and, (drum roll) they love each other and are not ashamed to show it by their open warmth. ;)

For all the world they act as thought they have been married forever, but still look at each other with a love that we have been privileged to see bloom and grow. :) :p

It is an inclusive kind of love that seems to envelope their immediate families. That doesn't often happen, but when it does its really, umm, what is that modern term? ah yes, :cool: , Super :cool:.

This is a whole new chapter of the BRF, and it's a real page-turner :p. Charles seems happy, Princes William and Harry seem happy ...... Even Her Majesty, the Queen looks happy. Why knock it?

Camilla No longer "Wicked Witch"

from CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/03/28/camilla.feature.reut/index.html

I thought this article was interesting because CNN rarely reports on royals.

For courtiers carefully choreographing the rebranding of Prince Charles' new wife, the couple's latest overseas tour was the perfect opportunity for a "Camilla makeover."

And it worked.

Britain's royalty-obsessed tabloids, who once vilified Camilla as the mistress who broke up the heir to the throne's marriage to the late Princess Diana, have now decided she is the acceptable face of the House of Windsor.
"It is extraordinary how well she has done for a novice," said Hello Magazine's Judy Wade who dubbed their trip to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and now India "The Togetherness Tour."

"She is making him easier to deal with. She jollies him along," she said of the middle-aged couple who celebrate their first wedding anniversary next month after a tortuous 35-year love affair.

Though I certainly have not forgotten the past, I think they make a wonderful couple. We don't see any element of competition for the spotlight and Charles seems at ease with her in public. I don't know if this is because he has matured or because they are a team. It also may be that now she is the one taking all the heat that he had to take alone for a few years- and he is enjoying the peace.

Together they do a fine job representing the nation, which is what they are paid to do. I, for one, appreciate the lack of bad press. Camilla is a breath of fresh air.

qui mal y pense said:
Though I certainly have not forgotten the past, I think they make a wonderful couple. We don't see any element of competition for the spotlight and Charles seems at ease with her in public. I don't know if this is because he has matured or because they are a team. It also may be that now she is the one taking all the heat that he had to take alone for a few years- and he is enjoying the peace.

Together they do a fine job representing the nation, which is what they are paid to do. I, for one, appreciate the lack of bad press. Camilla is a breath of fresh air.

Look he has loved this woman for a very long time now. His past deeds in some ways were forced upon him. When he said "whatever love is", should have sent Diana screaming into the night. That he kept a mistress was one thing, he truly loved her was another. That she cheated and he cheated and they cheated means nothing now. Diana is gone forever never finding the love she deserved. Charles has made an "honorable woman" out of Camilla. The press who love any glitz or story will make an icon of a shoe if it suits them. They are good together. They love one another and everyone is entitled to some happiness. Even the selfish.

redfox6 said:
They are good together. They love one another and everyone is entitled to some happiness.

They are good together and they love one another, more than themselves. It is clear that Camilla is in love with Charles and he with her.:)

Good Point Skydragon and I Belive in Forgiveness so.....Good Luck to them in the Future Long Live the Monarchy!!!! God Bless The Prince & Princess of Wales :)

I have just posted to the Introductions thread, but this is my first "proper" post, so hello all!

I have been interested in the Charles and Camilla story since it became patently obvious, in my opinion, that his first marriage was doomed. I don't attribute blame or hold anyone responsible, because I believe that sometimes marriages just don't work out and people should be able to get out of the bad ones. It's so much harder for members of Royal Families, and I think all parties deserve our compassion.

From the little that we got to know about Camilla over the years, I was favourably disposed towards her, and eventually decided I liked her. It seemed to me that she was down to earth and solidly supported Charles. As more and more information came out, my views were reinforced. I read about her warmth and wit and sense of humour and was even more interested and decided she is a person whose company I would enjoy if I met her.

I was absolutely delighted when I found out they were to wed. I see their relationship as a great love story that has stood the test of time and am very pleased they are finally able to share their lives publically.

As we have been able to see Charles and Camilla together, particularly in the wonderful photos of the Egypt/Saudia Arabia/India tour that I have enjoyed so much on this site, it is clear to me from their body language that they not only love each other but are great friends who enjoy each other's company immensely.

I think that Camilla is a relaxing influence on Charles and in her presence we are able to see another dimension of his personality, one to which I think a lot of us can relate on a human level more so than the somewhat aloof, rather defensive man we saw for so long. I think that with Camilla by his side, Charles' popularity will increase. I think Camilla is an asset to the Royal Family.

Roslyn said:
I think that Camilla is a relaxing influence on Charles and in her presence we are able to see another dimension of his personality, one to which I think a lot of us can relate on a human level more so than the somewhat aloof, rather defensive man we saw for so long. I think that with Camilla by his side, Charles' popularity will increase. I think Camilla is an asset to the Royal Family.

Welcome to the forums Roslyn, what a lovely first post!:)

Skydragon said:
Welcome to the forums Roslyn, what a lovely first post!:)

I coudn't agree more :) Welcome Roslyn! I hope you'll be enjoing being here :) !

Welcome Roslyn , I Think youll gind this board quite Hospitable :) (I Know I Enjoy Stopping by)

Well, I actually still feel the same towards Camilla as I did from the beginning. She may be a down to earth type of lady but the actions both made during his first marriage wasn't entirely right. In no way am I judging them because they do seem to be very much in love with each other. I just feel a little uncomfortable with that type of situation. Respect should have been above all or at least until the divorce was over. And why on earth did he not marry Camilla from the start rather than Diana? Something that perplexes me. Anyhow I still wish them the best and luck.

Kelly, nobody of us will ever know, why C+C did not marry then. But they are very much in love until now. What should they do? You can`t separate with those feelings. There was only one way: marriage. IMO a king with a mistress is much worther as a marriage which isn´t respect by all people. And people see the great love and slowly warm to them. Love conquers all. Surely. the past was a bad time for all parts, but times are changing...:)

hornsen said:
Kelly, nobody of us will ever know, why C+C did not marry then. But they are very much in love until now. What should they do? You can`t separate with those feelings. There was only one way: marriage. IMO a king with a mistress is much worther as a marriage which isn´t respect by all people. And people see the great love and slowly warm to them. Love conquers all. Surely. the past was a bad time for all parts, but times are changing...:)

I think you are right.

The people have watched Charles grow up and they wanted him to be happy in his marriage. We often forget that as a young man - pre-Diana - Charles was as popular as William is now (possibly more so as the negative image of the RF hadn't been developed yet).

As much as they loved Diana most people are mature enough to realise that Charles is the next king and that a happy king is a better proposition than an unhappy king with a mistress who can't be with him at official functions etc.

chrissy57 said:
I think you are right.

As much as they loved Diana most people are mature enough to realise that Charles is the next king and that a happy king is a better proposition than an unhappy king with a mistress who can't be with him at official functions etc.

I must agree with you in that.;)

I think in Charles and Camilla were in a cross street during Winter 1972. Charles needed to serve in Navy and Camilla wanted to get married. Camilla probably did love Charles but Charles was not a practical bet for marriage. He was too young to think about his marriage before finishing service. It was not in his agenda and he did not feel the pressure to marry at that time. Moreoever, even Charles loved Camilla deeply but no one in his family wanted to him to marry Camilla.Think about Lord Mountbatten, Queen Mother, Queen, Prince Philip. Lord Mountbatten wanted to Charles to marry his own granddaghter and thus he told Charles "the perfect standard for his royal bride." Charles cannot marry without Queen's permission,but Queen's permission from her Mother, Lord Mountbatten and Philip's idea.

On the other hand, it was Camilla who made the final decision to marry APB. I think her younger sister Annable had already decided to get married in Jan 1973 and so did her peers. That's why Camilla was in such a hurry. She was still very much in love with APB even he was a womaniser. Camilla was more in love with Andrew than she was than Charles at that time. After all,she had been with APB for 6 years but she had been with Charles for only 1 year or so. I think Camilla wanted Charles but she knew it was impossible so she chose to marry APB. Ironically, this decision has been regarded as a good decision at that time and everyone welcomed the Andrew-Camilla marriage.

It was just a pity for me. I think both Charles and Camilla wanted to forget their love and remained as great friends for the sake for reality.But the love never dies but deepened during the years because of their unique friendships. Neither of them can foresee the situation or they probably changed their decision in early 1970s. Charles was too inexperienced to value his love for Camilla and Camilla was not interested in making bet for her own life. That's what tragedy lied. Camilla was more in love with Charles when she found out Andrew's phailanding after their marriage I think. After all, Charles loved her all along no matter what.

love_cc said:
I think Camilla wanted Charles but she knew it was impossible so she chose to marry APB.

I have often wondered if Camilla agreed to an engagement to Andrew, to try to encourage Charles to propose but then events and arragements got too advanced to stop it.

I still think that Charles, (like most men who have women throwing themselves at them), wanted to 'play' around some more, before settling down.

Skydragon said:
I have often wondered if Camilla agreed to an engagement to Andrew, to try to encourage Charles to propose but then events and arragements got too advanced to stop it.

I still think that Charles, (like most men who have women throwing themselves at them), wanted to 'play' around some more, before settling down.

I think Camilla has been in love with two men only: Andrew Parker Bowles and Prince Charles. When she was young, she was more attracted to Andrew because of his charms and she married him because of she was in love with him and she wanted a family with kids,dogs and country life. But later when Andrew's affairs became unbearable for her, Camilla finally learned of whatever love means. It was Charles who taught her about that: endurance, tolerance,sacrifice. Camilla must be very grateful to Charles because he loves her all along and that's why Charles is the love of Camilla's life. Charles and Camilla are very faithful to each other.

love_cc said:

A quote from that article which made me laugh heartily:

Now, we hear the prince refer to Camilla as "My darling wife". We watch him looking anxiously into her eyes. I recognised awe when the prince whispered "You do it so beautifully, darling" as Camilla planted a few herbs.

Strewth! Couldn't he have tried this with his first wife?

End of quote

I guess Mr. Whitaker would have found it easy to say such words to Princess Diana but couldn't. Charles could but he didn't. Now that explains all about the article. :D

Jo of Palatine said:
A quote from that article which made me laugh heartily:
"We watch him looking anxiously into her eyes. I recognised awe when the prince whispered "You do it so beautifully, darling" as Camilla planted a few herbs".

I guess Mr. Whitaker would have found it easy to say such words to Princess Diana but couldn't. Charles could but he didn't. Now that explains all about the article. :D

I think Charles was just having a private joke when he said that to Camilla and it goes to prove that Whitaker has learned nothing about Charles. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom