Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry, I assume you didn't see my post before you posted yours?

Sorry Elspeth. Skydragon's was the last post when I started mine. I was in the middle of typing when I had to take my dog outside for a potty break.:eek:

My question is why would any woman want to take advice from a stroppy old guy with a long ponytail, tight leather trousers who carries a small dog with him quite often :eek: :eek: :eek:

Camilla seems to be doing Ok with her 'country lady' outfits and that is exactly what she is.

Charles and Camilla, what is my opinion now?
Well, they look like a loving couple. I have warmed up to her ever since Charles decided to make an honest woman out of her...and she an honest man out of him.
Their tumultuous past fades away slowly, and since you can't live on the past forever I say let them be happy.

I seriously wish Camilla the best as she has had a hard time of it - she bore the brunt of the public anger about the affair even though it was Charles who was being unfaithful to Diana. The fact that Camilla was married was just more ammunition to throw at her by those who thought Diana was a saint. At the end of the day, nobody 'won' in that situation but Camilla didn't have Press secretaries and bodyguards to look after her.

Amen to what Toledo said.

^_^

It's all destiny to me.

So I guess Charles and Camilla belong together. So she's A-OK in my book.

Charles and Camilla complement each other nicely. Yes, they were wrong with having the affair but Diana also had an affair during her marriage so I think they cancel each other out. It seems that you have to be pro-Camilla and anti-Diana or pro-Diana and anti-Camilla. I'm just whatever on the two of them. Diana was a woman who did a lot of good in this world but if we stay stuck in the past then we can never move forward. Camilla is a woman who makes her husband very happy who committed wrongs in her life, who hasn't? As to Charles and Camilla, they're a couple just trying to make it work while dodging bullets. They've survived this far and seem to be more in love than ever. Props to them.

I'm sorry soCal girl but being English/Scottish, what does 'props to them' mean?:D

Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now?"

Well they are definitely a good, compatible pair.

Charles and Diana, Charles and Camilla are two sides of a medal, 2 different types of fairytale.

Charles and Diana were young and attractive had all the elements of a "perfect" romance novel. YOung and beautiful, Horse and carriage , 2 lovely children, a nation at their feet etc. but in the end they failed because there was not enough love and compatibillity to last a lifetime.
Charles and Camilla on the other hand don't have a picture perfect romance - at 56 who does?- they have had an enduring love in spite of a lot of adversity and bad decicions: bad choices, huge mistakes made by both of them. But in my opinion they were able to redeem themselves and they continue to do so everyday they perform their obligations correctly. What would we be as human beings without the possibility of redemption.

Last edited by a moderator:
altagrace said:
What would we be as human beings without the possibility of redemption.

This is the most important statement on Charles and Camilla. I think he as found peace in his relationships and now go full blast to stop press intrusion.:)

How about Charles's workload? It is said that he would take more duty on behalf of the Queen after the celebration of Queen's birthday. Charles really works very hard as Prince of Wales throughout his life. I am happy to see Camilla can take more duty. She seems to have increased her individual engagement since this year. Want to see them more on the press coverage.

I like them as a couple. But I am slowly warming up to Charles more than I am Camilla.

I am starting to like her. She really does seem to make Charles happy and who are we to hold things against her.:rolleyes: I know that I want to be happy, and could care less what other think about my choices. :)

Charles and Camilla

This is my first post - talk about jumping into the lions' den.....

I don't suppose anyone, least of all Charles and Camilla, would condone the part they played in the breakdown of both their marriages. But given the length of time which has elapsed, and the fact that both their respective sets of children have not only accepted their relationship but are happy about it, what is to be gained by keeping them apart now?

Welcome, Cath! Most of the lions are fairly well behaved, so you should be quite safe.

Skydragon said:
I'm sorry soCal girl but being English/Scottish, what does 'props to them' mean?:D

Sorry for the delay. :D "Props to them" means good for them. I'm happy that they've finally made it to their version of "happily ever after."

I think that they are the perfect couple from the point of view of appearance, temperament, everything...:)
Although Wills and Harry are ok, I think it would be much better for all of them if Charles had married Camilla in the first place

I Agree he should have married her from the start . Im glad they are together and Happy!!!! :)

iannis said:
I think that they are the perfect couple from the point of view of appearance, temperament, everything...:)
Although Wills and Harry are ok, I think it would be much better for all of them if Charles had married Camilla in the first place

Well, pity they didn't marry in the first place but on the other hand if they did, we wouldn't have William and Harry! :rolleyes: :)

Having watched a lot of footage of CP Fredrik and CP Mary, I suddenly realised what was missing in Prince Charles life. Plain ordinary old 'happiness', or more especially joy! And Camilla provides it.:)

He seems like a whole new person, or Camilla has enabled him to loosen up, relax, and look like he actually might get a life of his own, with someone special of his own. ;)

They are both figuratively letting their hair down and we are along for the ride. I personally am enjoying having my preconceptions about Camilla squashed, and my opinion of Charles dramatically revised.:D

This really is the 'Noughties" (2000+), a whole new millenium and a whole new CP Family. :cool:

He really does seem happy. I remember reading somewhere the Diana was just right for us, but not for Charles. Do not get me wrong, I still miss Diana. I think that if Charles is happy, he will be able to do a better job.

But I think Camilla is also just right for the country. For her short time as royal she became patron or president of many trusts or things like that. She is working with her heart and people feel that. Almost everyone likes her after meeting her. Same was with Diana. When time goes by no one will say: She doesn`t have to be our Queen.

If they are happy and love to each other...go ahead ;)

Camilla has proven herself to be a worthy consort to the future King and is clearly a special woman with a lot of strength and warmth. She continues to carry out her duties with grace and people are responding to her.

There's no question in my mind that she will become Queen Consort and be crowned as such at Charles' coronation.

I totally agree with branchg. Camilla seems so warm and kind and she has really proven herself! I like her, a lot :)

Camilla has come a long way since her marriage and I think she definitely deserves all the praise and admiration she is receiving. She makes Charles happier and I think everyone can see it and this in turns makes them warm to her. Personally I think Charles and Camilla go really well together and compliment each other perfectly

As I have posted before, I was definitely not a Camilla fan. But I have grown to admire her very much. She makes the Prince quite happy, and she is quite happy. I am so glad that I was wrong in my opinion of her.

michelleq said:
As I have posted before, I was definitely not a Camilla fan. But I have grown to admire her very much. She makes the Prince quite happy, and she is quite happy. I am so glad that I was wrong in my opinion of her.

Michelleq it takes a true heart to admit your opinion was wrong! :eek:

You rock! All power to you! :cool:

This thread is not to be used to rehash Charles/Diana/Camilla. Enough threads in the British Forums have been derailed, and the subject has been done to death elsewhere.
Off-topic posts have been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom