Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not always there is a reason. it can be a sensation, an attitude etc but the reason can be many or none.

That doesnt cut it, if you have no reason then it is imature to not like them. Be honest on why you dont like them. If you have no reason then that doesnt mean you dont like them but that your indifferent.

I not talking about me. i have my opinion but is very personal.

Skydragon said:
True but a lot of British Taxpayers are quite happy to support the Royal family, of which Charles and now Camilla are a part. I am much happier that part of my taxes go to support Charles and Camilla, than I am that they go to support MP's having more than one, two or even three houses.
The majority of their day to day expenses are covered by the money generated by astute management of the Duchy.
Didn't it work out that only 48 pence per year of each taxpayers money went to support Charles, Camilla, William and Harry?

I thought it was 61 pence per year for the Queen and her household and only 4 pence for Charles and his household because most of his income comes directly from the Duchy.

Either way - 4 pence or 48 pence (+61 pence for the Queen) per person per year isn't very much to pay for a Head of State and their family.

At most we are talking about 1 pound and 9 pence (or less than $AUS3) per person per year. How much does our GG cost us I wonder??? How much does the US president cost the US people???

chrissy57 said:
I thought it was 61 pence per year for the Queen and her household and only 4 pence for Charles and his household because most of his income comes directly from the Duchy.

Either way - 4 pence or 48 pence (+61 pence for the Queen) per person per year isn't very much to pay for a Head of State and their family.

I just went on to alter my previous post as I was unsure whether it is per week, month, year.
I do remember the 61 pence was the total for the entire Royal Family (including Charles & his family).
I have no problem with my taxes contributing to their upkeep, considering what they have to endure to earn it.:)

Camilla & Charles

I love them! They make a wonderful couple. Besides, I am absolutely positive she complements him and viceversa, just what Charles needed now
and, later when King. She is already her Queen. The rest doesnt matter.
I hope she will be liked by the English people as she deserves it.
Fita

It will be sad but understandable that Prince Charles will be not the head of Australia, New Zealand and even Canada. Time has changed many things. Australia, New Zealand are no more colonials of Great Britain and people in the countries have developed their own national identities. Prince Charles is still a foreigner to them after all and they don't want a foreigner to be their head of nations. Like Governor General, he will be an Australian not a Bristish.

My only hope is that Charles will be the King of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the leader of Commonwealth Rythem. Being a republican is an unavoidable step for Australians to govern themselvies despite the historical ties, like USA. History is such an incident. George III lost America and George VII? will lose Australia and New Zealand, won't he?

fita said:
I love them! They make a wonderful couple. Besides, I am absolutely positive she complements him and viceversa, just what Charles needed now
and, later when King. She is already her Queen. The rest doesnt matter.
I hope she will be liked by the English people as she deserves it.
Fita

Hi fita. I also think they are a wonderful couple and you are so right when you say they compliment one another, it really is like seeing a new Prince Charles.:) I'm just glad that other people are realising that as well.:)

As a Canadian, while I have much respect for the Queen, the royal family is still a distant entity and it will take a special successor to generate special interest in the role of the crown in Canada on a more mainstream level for average Canadians. The Governor General, the Queen's representative, is more important to me as she actually is Canadian and resides and represents our country, even if that role itself is somewhat contested as well. But I'll stop ranting about this - I'm a Political Science student here at Queen's University in Canada (ironic!) and I could talk about this for ages.

However, the push for a republic in Canada is almost non-existent in the mainstream, unlike Australia, so we here in Canada will most likely be seeing Charles as King of Canada should he succeed the Queen. I, for one, still can't respect Charles for his past discretions - after all, if he is to be the King of the country I live in and will be entitled to special privileges, then I expect his behaviour to be worthy as such. I'm not a fan of Camilla either and I feel that having Queen Consort Camilla, or whatever title she will adopt, by Charles's side if he is king, really isn't such a popular move in Canada either. I certainly do believe Canadians will be more receptive to William on the throne after the Queen than Charles.

politikgirl said:
I, for one, still can't respect Charles for his past discretions - after all, if he is to be the King of the country I live in and will be entitled to special privileges, then I expect his behaviour to be worthy as such. I'm not a fan of Camilla either and I feel that having Queen Consort Camilla, or whatever title she will adopt, by Charles's side if he is king, really isn't such a popular move in Canada either. I certainly do believe Canadians will be more receptive to William on the throne after the Queen than Charles.

Charles should be judged on the work he has done and is still doing, not one failed relationship. No one knows what William may or may not get up to in the future, that may turn people against him.:) How many indiscretions will he be allowed?

Last edited:
Well William came from the Immaculate Womb didn't he so that makes him perfect. Isn't it funny how nobody can forget Charles's 'past discretions' but they're quite willing to wipe any wrongs committed by his ex-wife? What is past is past - Charles has been waiting his whole life for this. He has been in training for it. He was born to be King and that's what he'll be.

Last edited:
politikgirl said:
As a Canadian, while I have much respect for the Queen, the royal family is still a distant entity and it will take a special successor to generate special interest in the role of the crown in Canada on a more mainstream level for average Canadians. The Governor General, the Queen's representative, is more important to me as she actually is Canadian and resides and represents our country, even if that role itself is somewhat contested as well. But I'll stop ranting about this - I'm a Political Science student here at Queen's University in Canada (ironic!) and I could talk about this for ages.

However, the push for a republic in Canada is almost non-existent in the mainstream, unlike Australia, so we here in Canada will most likely be seeing Charles as King of Canada should he succeed the Queen. I, for one, still can't respect Charles for his past discretions - after all, if he is to be the King of the country I live in and will be entitled to special privileges, then I expect his behaviour to be worthy as such. I'm not a fan of Camilla either and I feel that having Queen Consort Camilla, or whatever title she will adopt, by Charles's side if he is king, really isn't such a popular move in Canada either. I certainly do believe Canadians will be more receptive to William on the throne after the Queen than Charles.
is true? some year in the past i have to do a work about canada for the school, and the result was that canada respect very much to the queen but we not fins answer about charles, of course this was before charles and camilla married.
i agree with you about william, but the law is the law.

I admire Prince Charles for trying to live his life right, now. Can we help who we fall in love with? As far as I know Camilla has been the love of his life. I haven't heard of any other past discretions with anyone else but Camilla during his first marriage. I could be wrong though since I live in America and don't have first hand knowledge. But my point is that she has always been the one for him and they finally have the chance to make it right. They are in love and married. I'm sure that this isn't the first time in history that a husband has cheated on his wife with his so called "true love" and later end up marrying her. The only difference is that this happens to be the heir to the British throne. None of us are without sin.;)

I don't think anyone should throw stones living in a glass house. I got over it.:)

kerry said:
I'm sure that this isn't the first time in history that a husband has cheated on his wife with his so called "true love" and later end up marrying her. The only difference is that this happens to be the heir to the British throne. None of us are without sin.;)

I don't think anyone should throw stones living in a glass house. I got over it.:)

Very well said Kerry, I too don't believe that we should punish anyone for a past indiscretion.

If Charles is still alive when the Queen passes and does not, for any reason, become King, then that is the end of the monarchy in the eyes of many in the UK and the commonwealth. I wonder if all the supporters of William will feel the same if he has a disasterous 1st marriage and remarries?:confused:

my opinion about camilla changed greatly just the day of her wedding. i think that was the day that lots of people started to know her by who she is and not by what the press said or invented about her. that day she was shining and showing how happy she makes charles. short after the wedding, she got involved in all the activities of charles perfectly and had a quite busy schedule. i can't tell how happy it makes me to see she is happy and that they make a wonderful couple. she starte learning how to be a true princess and delighted us all with elegance, perfection and wonderful skills since the very first engagements, and she gained those in a really short time. i think we can't complaint about her. she is making a wonderful job in my opinion.

Skydragon said:
Very well said Kerry, I too don't believe that we should punish anyone for a past indiscretion.

If Charles is still alive when the Queen passes and does not, for any reason, become King, then that is the end of the monarchy in the eyes of many in the UK and the commonwealth. I wonder if all the supporters of William will feel the same if he has a disasterous 1st marriage and remarries?:confused:

I do think that William will be a little more meticulous in the selection of his bride especially knowing the stormy marriage of his parents. He might want to know her mind, likes, dislikes, etc. I believe that once he marries, whomever she might be, will be the one. On the other side, I think William will receive the support of the people if he a) acts the gentleman and b) have a good rapport with his people and they will indeed see that he is human and has the same plights of everyday man. JMO

It doesn't seem William is being at all meticulous in the selection of his bride. He's pretty much hooked on Kate Middleton by the sounds of it. Usually with a possible bride, I feel some sort of "oh yes, she's nice" feeling, but with Kate I don't get that. He seems to have already walked down the aisle with the girl instead of playing the field and seeing what else is on offer. I think with most people, the 1st marriage is a trial. Just to see if you're suited to it. Then the 2nd is the one that counts. At least thats the way it's beginning to develop over here.

BeatrixFan said:
I think with most people, the 1st marriage is a trial. Just to see if you're suited to it. Then the 2nd is the one that counts. At least thats the way it's beginning to develop over here.
Well, maybe, but I think most people would prefer a Royal marriage to be a one and only. As to Kate Middleton, neither party appears to be rushing things.

How is Kate Middleton perceived/received by the people of Britain?

Well, I can't speak for everyone but I find her to be rather snotty. Not at all future Queen material.

BeatrixFan said:
I think with most people, the 1st marriage is a trial. Just to see if you're suited to it. Then the 2nd is the one that counts. At least thats the way it's beginning to develop over here.

Any marriage is a trial - just joking.:D

BeatrixFan said:
Well, I can't speak for everyone but I find her to be rather snotty. Not at all future Queen material.

If that is indeed who she truly is, maybe he can see threw her. There is a saying that you don't have to love the one you're with. Or it could be that he is committed to the relationship but doesn't feel the need for marriage now and not with her.

Maybe Buckingham Palace will put out a poll...yea/nay on Kate Middleton being the future queen.;) LOL!!! Yeah, wish it was that simple.

But seriously Kate would have to win over the people and judging from your opinion, she might be in for a long and arduous trek.

im really like Camilla but im really not fans of her since death of Princess Diana

many people knew that Prince Charles been mistress with Camilla for more than 30 years.

When Prince Charles got divorces from Diana,Princess of Wales in 1996 and Camilla got divorces from Andrew in 1995 and her ex-husband told Camilla dont marry Prince Charles i dont know why because he and Camilla been mistress since 1970's

Diana told Charles dont see Camilla like everyday like on the phone or mail or whatever but Charles always been see Camilla often because both been friends and companion for 30 years and Diana really furious about that Camilla and he leave party somewhere and Diana saw Camilla talk and Diana dont like it but Diana really pissed off about it.

and they later in years Charles got married Camilla since April 2005 finally and his family really happy about it and happy together but he had 2 sons from Diana's and she had 2 children from Andrew's but like to each other but William and Harry know Tom for longtime since Tom got arrest for drug bust and Tom got learn his lesson to stop got drug bust like that and Tom got happily married to his beautiful wife Sara Buys.

before Diana's death she recalled Camilla in the taboilds all the times she is rotwieller and they later Diana got divorces from Charles. And Diana wanted give Camilla on her 50th birthday in the taboilds and give her nice birthday and remind in past years.

So do you like or dislike Camilla, Sara ? Just curious :confused:

kerry said:
But seriously Kate would have to win over the people and judging from your opinion, she might be in for a long and arduous trek.
Basically everything we "know" about Kate Middleton is based on newspaper and magazine photographs. We'll just have to trust William's judgement on this one.
As Camilla has demonstrated in less than 12 months, once Kate gets out and about the public will warm to her, if and when the time comes.
Anyway, everyone loves a wedding. :)

Gladys said:
So do you like or dislike Camilla, Sara ? Just curious :confused:

i do dislike Camilla because im not huge fans of her!

Can't we all just get along?! Camilla wasn't the cause of the break of Diana's marriage to Charles. Diana and Charles broke-up that marriage for whatever reasons, i.e., they weren't well suited to begin with, they couldn't move past the infidelities, one wasn't willing to give up a lover, (stuff we don't know about) etc.

If a husband cheats on his wife then the problem is with the husband and vice versa. A marriage can only be worked out by the two in it and only if both parties are willing. That's Marriage Counseling 101. Oh I see, the rules differed because they were the Prince and Princess of Wales!:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I was hating Camilla too but had to get past it.

Can't we all just get along?:)

kerry said:
Can't we all just get along?:)

That sounds very reasonably! :)

As for me I never hated Camilla but I was kind of indifferent to her. That changed completely with the wedding and now it´s a joy to me to see her doing well engagement after engagement.

Gladys said:
That sounds very reasonably! :)

As for me I never hated Camilla but I was kind of indifferent to her. That changed completely with the wedding and now it´s a joy to me to see her doing well engagement after engagement.

Gladys,
I feel the same way. In America we were pretty enamored with Diana. That was a different time and may she rest in peace. Today is Camilla and I think she is wonderful.:)

I hated Camilla in the past because she was potrayed as the witch who brought down the princess. But as you grow and experience life more yourself you realize things arent that simple. She is happy and is doing a GREAT job as a royal and that won her respect from me and many others. She is doing a great job as a princess and I think she will make a wonderfull Queen. She has already shown very great and admirable traits for a royal.

Please, this is about Charles and Camilla and your opinions now. There is another thread for Kate Middleton and Prince William. Lets get back to Charles and Camilla.

Princejohnny25 said:
I hated Camilla in the past because she was potrayed as the witch who brought down the princess. But as you grow and experience life more yourself you realize things arent that simple. She is happy and is doing a GREAT job as a royal and that won her respect from me and many others. She is doing a great job as a princess and I think she will make a wonderfull Queen. She has already shown very great and admirable traits for a royal.

Here you go then Princejohnny25.
I think Camilla is wonderful, I think Charles is wonderful. They are so happy together that only a sourpuss could not be caught up in their happiness. All their children are happy for them, they all get along and that is one of the most important things to take into consideration. :)
I look forward to the day when we have a King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom