Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you would have to excuse me if I don't start bowing down to Camilla, because she slept her way to the crown:rolleyes:;)

When you live your life in the public eye, give candid interview about who you happen to be sleeping with and who you love as Charles did in 1994, and Diana did with the many tell-all books about her miserable life with Charles, its hard for the public to give you the needed attention and respect you deserve in so for as your public work goes. Charles had done a good job as Prince of Wales with his charity and committment to diversity and enviromental issue, but his private life is one of failure and scandal. So, no matter how much Clarence House Press media try to do their usual spin to make Camilla lovable, its a hard task few in Great Britian and definitly in the Common Wealth (such as Canada and Australia) buy into.

The latest statistics by Times 63% (usually pro C&C) and Daily Express shows up to 82% of British public does not want Camilla as their future Queen. Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs). You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla. Well of course, if Diana would suck it up like previous Princess of Wales and shut up about her husband sleeping with a married woman (since he didn't have the gal to stand up to his mom and refuse to marry anyone other than his True love 30 yrs ago) and relegate herself to bearing legitimate offspring, maybe we wouldn't know the hypocracy shadowing the Windsor household.

Let's see how good of a job Camilla does since she's finally by Charles side officially that is. I might change my mind about her, if she starts working hard as a representative of UK and Common Wealth with charity and public duty....maybe then her legacy to fame as Prince Charles mistress for 30 yrs might be a thing of the past:)

I would like to believe the test of time for everything, just like proving Charles and Camilla very much in love with each other until today. I think Camilla is a big asset to Charles and Royal family for those who really cares the future of Britishi Royal family and Prince Charles. Camilla is the supportive wife that Charles always wants. It is Camilla who shall be able to make Charles a great King like his grandfather George VI.

Camilla is acually a very typical of senior royal person. She is low-key, no ambition but to support Charles, a loving mother and a county-hearted person. Camilla has a sense of humor and optistism which is always good for her husband. She is warm to people and she is still very grateful for those who choose to warm her. I just want to look forward to her being Charles' side as his consort. I want her to be treated fairly but once they are happy that's enough for me.

Lamyah said:
Some of you would have to excuse me if I don't start bowing down to Camilla, because she slept her way to the crown:rolleyes:;)

When you live your life in the public eye, give candid interview about who you happen to be sleeping with and who you love as Charles did in 1994, and Diana did with the many tell-all books about her miserable life with Charles, its hard for the public to give you the needed attention and respect you deserve in so for as your public work goes. Charles had done a good job as Prince of Wales with his charity and committment to diversity and enviromental issue, but his private life is one of failure and scandal. So, no matter how much Clarence House Press media try to do their usual spin to make Camilla lovable, its a hard task few in Great Britian and definitly in the Common Wealth (such as Canada and Australia) buy into.

The latest statistics by Times 63% (usually pro C&C) and Daily Express shows up to 82% of British public does not want Camilla as their future Queen. Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs). You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla. Well of course, if Diana would suck it up like previous Princess of Wales and shut up about her husband sleeping with a married woman (since he didn't have the gal to stand up to his mom and refuse to marry anyone other than his True love 30 yrs ago) and relegate herself to bearing legitimate offspring, maybe we wouldn't know the hypocracy shadowing the Windsor household.

Let's see how good of a job Camilla does since she's finally by Charles side officially that is. I might change my mind about her, if she starts working hard as a representative of UK and Common Wealth with charity and public duty....maybe then her legacy to fame as Prince Charles mistress for 30 yrs might be a thing of the past:)

Very well said, IMO.

I think Camilla is doing her best, she is working hard to change the opinions about her, but she is a woman who doesn't inspire any good feeling. She has no charisma and no talent to deal with People, IMO. This thread is about "Camilla & Charles: what is your opinion now?", my answer is simple - my opinion of this couple is the same I had an year ago: they are much in love for each other and they will be together forever (good for them), but they don't have any chance to become beloved for people.

love_cc said:
I would like to believe the test of time for everything, just like proving Charles and Camilla very much in love with each other until today. I think Camilla is a big asset to Charles and Royal family for those who really cares the future of Britishi Royal family and Prince Charles. Camilla is the supportive wife that Charles always wants. It is Camilla who shall be able to make Charles a great King like his grandfather George VI.

Camilla is acually a very typical of senior royal person. She is low-key, no ambition but to support Charles, a loving mother and a county-hearted person. Camilla has a sense of humor and optistism which is always good for her husband. She is warm to people and she is still very grateful for those who choose to warm her. I just want to look forward to her being Charles' side as his consort. I want her to be treated fairly but once they are happy that's enough for me.

I think that's true. Charles and Camilla support each other and make a good team. I think her optimism is actually a good injection into the Royal Family. Overall the BRF doesn't seem like a sunny happy family although they seem more at ease lately.

The couple doesn't need a lot of charisma - but they do need to look comfortable with each other and look like they're enjoying the job and Camilla looks like she's enjoying getting out and connecting with people.

I prefer royals a little more low-key anyway so maybe I'm biased.

Lamyah said:
Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs).

You've hit the nail on the head here Lamyah ;) :)

"MII"

I think the Republican movement in Australia was always going to get a lot more support when the reign of her Majesty concludes, regardless of who Charles is married to at the time. Even though Diana had a lot of fans here, I don't think the fact Camilla is now his wife really makes any difference. The main reason people want a republic here is that they want an Australian Head of State.

I doubt that when the time comes many people will vote for a republic in a referendum simply because of Camilla. Charles will be King, he is the one who matters. His wife is only his consort.

Do not underestimate the consort. I doubt (and I am swedish) that Sweden would still be a monarchy had it not been for Silvia.

All reigning royal families are facing increasing challenges and having a loved consort will be more important than ever. Time will tell if Camilla is a burden or not.

Lamyah said:
You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla.

It was not Camilla or Charles that tried to bring down the monarchy, that honour (?) goes to his ex, thank goodness she failed. Yes you can blame the media, the paper you quote, the Express, is still a pro Diana paper, the fact that she was a serial adulterer who died with another of her lovers 9 years ago, seems to have passed them by.

The Australians have just about held on to the monarchy for some time and it has very little to do with Charles, Camilla or the Queen, they do not see the point of a monarch who resides in England not Australia and only visits occasionally. Honest Australians on here will tell you, it was only the wording of the question that kept the monarchy in last time.

Camilla may not pretend to be a 'movie star' or seek celebrity status but, she is a genuine and caring person.

The marriages were more crowded than we thought. Think about APB's affairs. I think Camilla seemed to be the most faithful person among the four. She certainly loves Charles very much and cares him very much. Otherwise,I just wonder how she can stand the way she has been treated by the press, by the public, by the royal family. She told Charles that she would suffer everything for him because she loved him. She suffered because she knew Charles loves her. They have been deeply in love for so many years. Just let them enjoy some martial bliss, please!

MODERATOR'S NOTE - please read carefully

Its natural for someone's opinion of Camilla now to be influenced by her relationship with Charles during his marriage with Diana and its equally natural for members to counter opinions and facts about the situation they disagree with.

However, the relationships between Charles, Camilla, Andrew Parker-Bowles, Diana, James Hewitt, James Gilbey, Oliver Hoare, et al. over 15 years is far too complicated for a thread like this.

The more one reads about those relationships, the less likely anyone in this hodgepodge of characters comes up smelling like roses and past a certain point, its useless to argue about who was worse than who.

Some members here have not availed themselves of the vast amount of discussion that has already taken place about the Charles/Camilla/Diana relationship. If you haven't caught up on your reading, I suggest you check the threads out for hours of reading. Other members here did take part in the earlier discussions but are tempted now to re-hash those same arguments with new players rather than point the new people to the old threads where the discussion has already taken place.

If after you read all that is available on the site on Charles/Diana/Camilla's relationship and you still want to discuss it in depth, there is a thread in the Diana sub-forum labelled Charles and Diana.

From this point forward, moderators will be deleting posts in this thread that in our discretion, veer too far off from people's current opinion of Camilla.

ysbel
British forums moderator

My opinion of Camilla was high before the Anniversary but now, when I look - it's higher. People expected alot of Camilla - and I think the Palace did too. Maybe some of us did. We wanted her to come onto the scene and be the perfect Royal wife and get accepted straight away and be Queen etc etc etc. But for Camilla, that doesn't seem to be what it's all about.

As a Royal Consort, she is perfect and I think most people would agree that she has the Queen Mother's personality. Down-to-Earth, but she can be regal when it's called for. She's frank and honest whilst retaining a certain amount of mystique. She's caring, kind and friendly - and all of those things we saw in the Queen Mother. To watch Charles and Camilla 'at work' is amazing. They don't seperate and do their own thing. They work as a team. She walks just behind him, the little girls give her the flowers and he speaks to the men whilst Camilla handles the women. Charles guides her and Camilla lets him. If it's difficult, he helps her. For example, when they were in Egypt - he saw that Camilla was struggling so he linked arms and helped her up. They have the same working relationship as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have.

As a wife, I'm not sure how we can judge but from what I see, she makes Charles not only happy, but comfortable. Charles has had almost 10 years of being bumbling Charlie with his strange views on farming and architecture. He's been lonely and had to raise two boys on his own. His unhappiness showed. He looked a bit grumpy and "woe is me" but now he doesn't. Now, he's a new man just like Haakon was when he married Mette-Marit.

So, my opinion of Camilla now is that she's great for Charles and great for the country. Whatever she calls herself, she's my Princess and she'll be my Queen - and I'm very happy that we've got such a bright and fresh couple in our Monarchy.

BeatrixFan said:
My opinion of Camilla was high before the Anniversary but now, when I look - it's higher...
Great words, BeatrixFan! I sign under that! Couldn't say it better myself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BeatrixFan said:
My opinion of Camilla was high before the Anniversary but now, when I look - it's higher. People expected alot of Camilla - and I think the Palace did too..........
So, my opinion of Camilla now is that she's great for Charles and great for the country. Whatever she calls herself, she's my Princess and she'll be my Queen - and I'm very happy that we've got such a bright and fresh couple in our Monarchy.

I agree wholeheartedly with all you wrote BeatrixFan!
They will make a brilliant King and Queen!

I second that! (Quelle surprise, as the French would say... ;))

What I like so much about Camilla is that she makes Charles a very happy man and that's a good thing. He has been unhappy for quite some time and I love seeing him all smiles and so at ease. They make a wonderful couple and as Skydragon says: a good King and Queen too! :)

As a Royal Consort, she is perfect and I think most people would agree that she has the Queen Mother's personality. Down-to-Earth, but she can be regal when it's called for. She's frank and honest whilst retaining a certain amount of mystique. She's caring, kind and friendly - and all of those things we saw in the Queen Mother.

Well, Charles always did admire his granny, and he seemed to want a mother figure, so it looks as though he's got exactly what he wanted.

I hope Camilla doesn't have the Queen Mother's self-centred hypocrisy, though.

Esmeralda said:
I hope Camilla doesn't have the Queen Mother's self-centred hypocrisy, though.

Say What :confused: :confused:.

I don't think so :eek: :eek:.

Excellent backhand, but! :D :D :D

Esmeralda said:
Well, Charles always did admire his granny, and he seemed to want a mother figure, so it looks as though he's got exactly what he wanted.

Camilla is not that much older than him and is, it would seem, far from a mother figure! ;)

Yes, he finally got what he wanted, the woman he loves and who loves him. How wonderful, I hope that everyone could be so lucky. :)

Well so far Camilla hasn't shown the Queen Mother's tendency to hold grudges forever and that has to be a good thing.

It was the respective perspective :D of a matriarch..a mother, a grandmother and a great grandmother...a lady whom doted on her grandson and he her, yet, knew the image of monarchy as something greater than both and all of them combined (one must be worthy of its representation, but we are only human). Anything that damaged the Monarchy's reputation was a blow to her, a blow to her daughter and a blow to the whole concept that is the British Monarchy. She seemed to take it personally & I can understand that. I could not fault her for feeling the way she did & I shall not.

"MII"

Last edited:
ysbel said:
Well so far Camilla hasn't shown the Queen Mother's tendency to hold grudges forever and that has to be a good thing.

Camilla has been very magnanimous in her dealings with all the little worms that have slighted her over the years. As you say, lucky for them that she does not hold grudges! :D

I agree with the comments/opinions expressed by BeatrixFan. But I wonder if any of this would have been possible if Diana still lived or if the marriage happened years earlier.

It just goes to show you that marriage without love seldom works

It is indifferent, what had happened, if ...
They are now married, they do show us now what great team they are.
I for myself before marriage had no great interest in them. I knew there was a couple in difficulty, but love. But I had more interests for other things. But I watched the wedding on tv and did fall in love with them. Since then I look for every step of them and I am a really big fan of both.

Shes doing a great job shes making our future king happy,so good luck to them both! No one can change what happened in the past, but they can only look forward to their future together.

Nad25 said:
Shes doing a great job shes making our future king happy,so good luck to them both! No one can change what happened in the past, but they can only look forward to their future together.

Very well said :)

Nad25 said:
Shes doing a great job shes making our future king happy, so good luck to them both! No one can change what happened in the past, but they can only look forward to their future together.

Well said and we can look forward to when they become our great King and Queen!:)

My opinion hasn't changed : I like Camilla and Charles, wish them all happiness in the world for the future and hope that they will one day become Queen ang King of England !:) :) :)

I too think she has done a great job. I have always liked Charles (I don't love anyone I haven't met and spent a lot of time with and can't understand how anyone who doesn't really know these people personally can claim to love them) and I was upset to see how sad he was during his first marriage - almost from the start he seemed sad to me but in his second marriage he reminds me of the young Prince Charles who was happy and fun. This is the Prince Charles I came to admire in the late 60s and the 70s and it has taken Camilla to give him back to us - for that I will always hold in her high esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom