Why do you like Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just take the way she was compassionate toward people with a harder life than her own. IMHO Camilla is as warm-hearted and compassionate as Diana was and fullfills her place as consort of the heir to the throne to perfection. Which is the important thing: that the place Diana once inhabited is filled again and again with a compassionate and helpful personality who supports charities and tries to better the lives of those she can reach and help
Okay lets not get ahead of ourselves Camilla's charity work is good but not as good and extensive as Diana's charity work. But lets do get back on topic of Why do you like Diana.

sassie said:
I thought this thread was about reasons some of us liked Diana, not about the endless comparing of Diana and Camilla?

I just wanted to point out that IMHO one should view Diana as an individual and not as someone who filled a place in life. Because places tend to be filled again if they are left alone while you can't repeat an individual. Sorry if this didn't come through.

Jo of Palatine said:
I just wanted to point out that IMHO one should view Diana as an individual and not as someone who filled a place in life. Because places tend to be filled again if they are left alone while you can't repeat an individual. Sorry if this didn't come through.

Well, I thinkthat was the other point as well-that Diana, as an individual, cannot be replaced. :flowers:

diana have a place thatn nobody can use now or in the future, if william and harry marry their wifes will be princess and sure they will have a chsarity work, but diana was a fenomeno but for that happend don't only deppend of diana's personality, was too a lot of circuntances, when she into in the royal family

Her smile was very beautiful.

I like princess Diana very much, whose name is especially princess Diana among 1980- 1985 years.
I missed her very much, I, present royalty of Britain, dislike.

bea214 said:
I like princess Diana very much, whose name is especially princess Diana among 1980- 1985 years.
I missed her very much, I, present royalty of Britain, dislike.

actually the thinghs change so much, the royalty of today lost the chaming:ermm:

Princess Diana at lovemarks.com

My sentiments about Princess Diana
are expressed by a writer at www.lovemarks
and it is the first posting there by an Elizabeth.U.K.
that is the most brilliant argument for and against
Princess Diana I have ever read.
It shook my perceptions up.It tells you both sides and
aspects you had never thought of before.
May the ground that covers her be light,
we miss her and luv her still.

"Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana."

No other can ever be like Diana. Kate Middleton might become the next Princess of Wales and Queen if she marries Prince William, but she or any other princess will never measure up to Diana. She had a particular brand of 'magic' and charisma that was totally unique. Diana did things as a person who REALLY wanted to help others, not because mere charity obligations because of her title. She was a royal who was not embarrassed of showing her true feelings in public and really used her celebrity status to aid many.

Last edited:
juliamontague said:
Why do you love Diana?
When did it begin?
Do you think she is a myth?

I was 6 when Diana married Charles. My mom says we got up early to watch it on tv but I don't really remember it. For me it seemed like Diana had the fairytale come true. But then reality set in, and everything was far from perfect. I love Diaana because she made the best of a bad situation. I think since her death, she has become mythical. People only remember the good in her, and overlook the bad - which is how we all should hope to be remembered!

hmm, yep that's a good question.

To be quite honest, i have no idea why or how come i started to love Diana, whether it was just how she looked, whether it was how she acted, whether it was how i felt sorry for her, i don't know. She just seemed that typical fairy-type princess that you can only get one of, she was a legend of the royal family. I know maybe she wasn't popular with the actual family but the public just loved her. She just seemed to care about the poor and less well off than others when nobody else would care. It's like she wanted to let them in poverty know that someone, but not a normal somebody, a princess, actually cared about them. Maybe it was that.
Well actually, i'm really quite young and don't know everything about her and i was actually very young only when she DIED! My family have a good collection of Diana goods and i just kept asking questions about her to them and they kinda filled me in on a lot of it and when i heard about how Charles and Camilla were getting married, i was pretty mad (can't say i'm not from this day lol) I mean, with all the good things i'd heard of her from other people and how much they loved her.
Naa, i don't think she'll be remembered as a myth... but as a legend in the people/public's hearts.

Oh and hiya, lol i'm new here and very young so please be nice lol. I'm a mad Diana fan! ;)

Hi Judy, and welcome to the Royal Forums!

Elspeth said:
Hi Judy, and welcome to the Royal Forums!

thanks, you've done a great job with it!

Judy_PD said:
I'm a mad Diana fan! ;)

ha ha you don't are the unique! welcome to the forum:flowers:

corazon said:
ha ha you don't are the unique! welcome to the forum:flowers:

lol thanks! Dunno about the first bit though :p

I was referring to Diana being an individual that can never be replaced. Of course I realize there will continue to be other Princess of Wales down the road and I want there to be. I still don't think any of them will ever be as down to earth and reach out to the people as well as Diana did as I feel she was unique. At least I won't live to see it and I'm only 48. This is just my opinion of course.

Lily

I like Diana because she was a strong person to hold her head up high when her marriage was crumling and also when it ended and that she did extensive charity work thoughtout the world.

I like her because she never gave up on herself. She was born into a troubled family and married into still more troubles. She had problems in school which must have contributed to her feelings of inadequacy. But she always tried to be happy, funny, positive, even I believe as a girl she did this. I believe that is why she had so many friends throughout her life and touched so many hearts. She could be as wicked and she didn't always make wise choices, but she kept going, never gave up, and always had her heart in the right place. She had so many forces working against her (even her own demons) but where her heart and her intentions were concerned, she was about pure love. She had to grow up from a naive girl of 19 in front of the world. She must have felt so scared sometimes in those early days, amid all of Prince Charles's mature, sophisticated society, and especially the royal family. And much as I love the royal family, I have to admit that they are not the most flexible, open-hearted of people; I think they unintentionally can make an insecure person feel terrified! I adore her because I don't have half the insecurity problems she had and yet, she was courageous enough to marry into such a family; forget it, I could never marry into royalty, far too much pressure to be PC and photogenic perfect.
But she did it, and for all her hardships she remained basically the same good person that was at her core from childhood.
:cry: Damn paparazzi, damn drunk drivers.

Because she was beautiful inside and out., and her beauty shone in everything she did.,

Countess Lissa said:
Because she was beautiful inside and out., and her beauty shone in everything she did.,

I loved her motherhood and how she loved her boys.:)

Diana's personal touch

I really loved Princess Diana's desire to be personal and friendly to people no matter what class they were from. I thought it was kind of her to talk to the servants "below the stairs." I also loved the fact that she visited regular people in their homes privately because she wanted to care for others. She would send notes and would offer to help families privately when they were in need due to sickness. She had a heart and I loved her for showing it. She had a radiant light about her that shadowed the mystique of the royal family. I have missed her personal touch in these last ten years so I regularly visit her memory in my photobooks. She was a dear person who loved and was loved.

wow, I could write essays about why I like her, and yet still feel as if I havent explained all my reasons.... But in other words she was/is perfection in my eyes not just looks, but in things she said, did, talked, walked, dressed ect. To me she could never be wrong.

She gave a voice to the painfully obvious and tried so hard to find what she was searching for. She loved raising her children with creativity and looked so good doing it all.

Diana's greatest contribution to the world and the human condition was to denounce prejudice and encourage tolerance towards the very ill, particularly those who were suffering from AIDS. Decades later, this might not be so well appreciated, nor the enormous impact she had on the public consciousness at the time. In this, Diana was remarkable, and she deserves honour and praise for her unfailing understanding and pity.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: which other royal, from anywhere, has embraced the world and it's alarms as comprehensibly as Diana did?

How many other royals, from anywhere, have you heard of who would willingly grab the hand of a leper, or someone dying of AIDS?

Whether she was a good Mum Wife, Princess, etc. isn't really the point. When the chips were down, the lady had the courage of her convictions.

Well said Polly, no other royal has ever touched a person with leprosy or AIDS she was the first. The Princess of Wales didn't want to take the pretty charities that the palace wanted her to be patron of. She took on causes that were and still are affecting the world. And thats what makes her so memorable 10 years after her death.

I like her because she was special. I think it sums up all the feelings I have for her.

Last edited:
I'm a realtive newbie here, thought this was a good thread for my first post.

I love Diana for many reasons. I was 9 when she and Charles married and it blew me away that the fairytale could come true for a girl who could've been a schoolmate of mine (I was surrounded by preppies @ the time). She loved dance and shopping and Duran Duran, to me she seemed a sweet and normal young woman.

She was unstuffy and charming, with such an expressive face and I loved her style. A sense of humor showed thru right from the beginning - the red sweater with one black sheep among the white, wearing hats with a feather to echo the Prince Of Wales feathers, wearing red & green on her first day in Wales. Often it was entertaining and fun to just watch her.

Over the years her awareness of how she could help others grew, and my admiration for her grew and changed as well. I often follow her suggestion of doing something for someone else when you're feeling sorry for yourself. It's so simple and so true and it does help.

I know she wasn't perfect and never thought she was. Nothing I've heard has changed the way I feel about her, because the reasons I admire her don't change. She never stopped trying to learn and trying to give. I miss her.

I think there was just something real about her...she showed her true emotions and that's special for someone in the public eye.

And some people are just likable...they can't help it...she's was one of them.

I do think it's a great tragedy she is no longer alive...she could've done SO much more good...it's a real pity...

Hi! I was surprised to find this question in the forum. I say surprised not because this question souldn't be asked but because I wonder why do I love Diana each time I look for her pictures and webs. It is so easy ans so hard to answer it. All I find as an answer is that she is so attractive to look at. We feel very happy to see her smiling, kidding with her children or simply in a good mood. We feel also so sorry when she looks depressed, tired and sad. I think that we simply love Diana because she representes the dream and the magic of the fairy tales being talked about since we were children. In fact she was for me a LIVING fairy tale with the fresh beauty and innocent face when I first start to get intrested in her. She was the perfect image of the our dreams princess. We believed that her marriage was a beautiful and romantic love story that anyone of us would have liked to live. That's why we were shocked to find that all this was only a "movie" and we felt so sorry for the beautiful princess being betrayed by her husband and let down by his "powerful" family.
I think that we simply love Diana because she reflects the image of our dreams, disappointments, problems... simply LIFE being black or pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom