Why do you like Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
The ones we've heard about because relatives and staff have talked about them are obviously not secret now. However, we know about them because relatives and staff talked about them, not because the press was along. If you want to conclude that relatives and staff of all the people she visited have talked about it, and that she made sure that they would talk about it, that's up to you, of course. But I don't see any particular basis for that conclusion.
Well, hmmm...if I were the most photographed and famous woman on the planet and I paid an unexpected visit to you in hospital, well YES, I would assume you would talk about it! It is ONLY logical.

I don't think anybody's saying that Diana didn't sneak into the hospital to visit Dr Khan. I think Corazon's trying to say that that isn't the only reason she visited hospitals.

the doctor thet we are talking about is Hasnat Khan?
if this way diana meet him in 1996 and she do visits to hospitals many time before, especially in 80 years.

Elspeth said:
I don't think anybody's saying that Diana didn't sneak into the hospital to visit Dr Khan. I think Corazon's trying to say that that isn't the only reason she visited hospitals.
And the point that I am trying to make that is supported by interviews with so many of those she called 5-6 times a day, she rarely did ANYTHING without weighing the effect on her public image, what the press would write, who would photograph it, the spin factor, etc! She was self-obsessed-even her biggest fans must admit this.

corazon said:
the doctor thet we are talking about is Hasnat Khan?
if this way diana meet him in 1996 and she do visits to hospitals many time before, especially in 80 years.
I mean the so-called "secret" visits-please name your source for the "secret" visits and when they occured.

morton book, diana: her true story, and burrel book a royal duty.

corazon said:
morton book, diana: her true story, and burrel book a royal duty.
Hmmmmm...since Diana:Her True Story was spoon fed to him by Diana, is that the best source for her sister of mercy secret acts of kindness? And how would Burrell know what she did when he was working elsewhere? He only worked for her towards the end of her life-before he was with Charles or the Queen. Burrell writes of her passing out coats to hookers-that is what he witnessed.

dakodas said:
Hmmmmm...since Diana:Her True Story was spoon fed to him by Diana, is that the best source for her sister of mercy secret acts of kindness? And how would Burrell know what she did when he was working elsewhere? He only worked for her towards the end of her life-before he was with Charles or the Queen. Burrell writes of her passing out coats to hookers-that is what he witnessed.
the diana visit to hospitals ( no officials visits) not was only the night and not anyway were secrets, this visit were out of agenda.

dakodas said:
And the point that I am trying to make that is supported by interviews with so many of those she called 5-6 times a day, she rarely did ANYTHING without weighing the effect on her public image, what the press would write, who would photograph it, the spin factor, etc! She was self-obsessed-even her biggest fans must admit this.
I think anyone who has observed the Diana phenomenon with eyes wide open would agree she was manipulative, self-obsessed, demanding, and probably draining. But just as we object to her being portayed as a latter-day Mother Teresa, we shouldn't take the opposite angle and write her off completely.

Maybe what makes her both fascinating and flawed is that she did connect with people, she did care, she did do "good works". Yes, she did do little stage-managed performances, but she also did the private visits, turning up unannounced. No doubt like the rest of her, her motivations were "complicated" (as Queen Elizabeth once allegedly described her).

While we may resent the attempted hagiography, we should acknowledge the good Diana did achieve.

all the royals (british and others) one time or another do something stage-managed performances things, like Warren said, not for be manipulating people, some times is necessary for the royal family image etc, it depends of the moment.

dakodas said:
Well, hmmm...if I were the most photographed and famous woman on the planet and I paid an unexpected visit to you in hospital, well YES, I would assume you would talk about it! It is ONLY logical.

It's amazing that so many people say that she visited them on secret visits, none of them are able to offer proof and if they were all checked, we would probably find, she wasn't even in the country for most of them.:D Yes Elspeth, a lot of them do lie, why is beyond me.

Maybe they do, but this is beginning to look suspiciously like trying to prove a universal negative. At the moment we've pretty much got to the point of saying that these visits were all fictitious and anyway she was just visiting her boyfriend. And that if anyone said she'd visited them or a family member, they're lying about it and it didn't happen and she only did it for the publicity anyway. Which begins to look like mutually exclusive scenarios.

Is it really so extremely impossible to believe that a person who was so drawn to suffering people and who needed very deeply to give and receive comfort would occasionally go back to a hospital she'd visited officially for a quiet unofficial visit, or would take time out from visiting friends in hospital (such as the one who was dying of AIDS) to pop her head round someone else's door?

The Diana that I have read about did unexpected hospital visits before she meet her boyfriend doctor. She use to take William and Harry around with her to meet patients and the homeless. Also Diana had a lot of lonely nights on her hands and I believe she went out at night to hospitals
to feel less lonely. She is gone now so let her rest in peace.:)

true, diana visit homless, that is absolutly true.
william said it in a interview.

because her public life seem like a storybook and she was so beautiful

georgiea said:
The Diana that I have read about did unexpected hospital visits before she meet her boyfriend doctor. She use to take William and Harry around with her to meet patients and the homeless. Also Diana had a lot of lonely nights on her hands and I believe she went out at night to hospitals
to feel less lonely. She is gone now so let her rest in peace.:)

i would agree with you but she is Princess! she can meet any people who is homeless and also bring the BOYS! and no approve by the HM Queen for permission with Diana of engagement in the public.

but i would agree with corazon but when Wills was little boys and Diana took him to meet homeless and dont fun with the homeless its really disappointment but i dont think HM Queen would give permission of Diana took Wills and Harry to meet homeless heck no!

Elspeth said:
Maybe they do, but this is beginning to look suspiciously like trying to prove a universal negative. At the moment we've pretty much got to the point of saying that these visits were all fictitious and anyway she was just visiting her boyfriend. And that if anyone said she'd visited them or a family member, they're lying about it and it didn't happen and she only did it for the publicity anyway.

I didn't say all of them were lying but, if you add up the amount of people who say she visited them secretly, she wouldn't have had time for anything else in her life at all.
She did allow it to be thought that her visits to the hospital were to see patients rather than Khan. I also think publicity played a massive part in the visits as well.
She did go and see the homeless with the boys but, why???? Did it get them so much publicity they were housed, unlikely! However this is a 'why did you like Di thread, I didn't so I shouldn't be on here!:D

Last edited:
She was really kind women.... even she was a big shot around the world... she never let her inocent go.....

She was an honest person, with herself and with the people.
She was also the best dressed royal, elegant and glamorous.
She was my favourite royal. I miss her.

you don't are the unique, you can be sure about that;)

I have been a huge fan of Diana's since I was a little girl. All girls want to be princess'. She was a wonderful human being. When she talked the world listened. She cared about her causes. She did lead with her heart and that made all the difference in the world. She was also a wonderful mother . I don't think that Diana was a myth. Her legacy will go on forever.

rhenae said:
I have been a huge fan of Diana's since I was a little girl. All girls want to be princess'. She was a wonderful human being. When she talked the world listened. She cared about her causes. She did lead with her heart and that made all the difference in the world. She was also a wonderful mother . I don't think that Diana was a myth. Her legacy will go on forever.

yeah, you're right, her legacy is with us ever..

I think that any one that watched that WEDDING became a fan. I remember that our TV went out just before the wedding started. My mother, grandmother and myself got into the car and drove over to my aunts home. We planted our backsides on the floor and would not leave. I still remember thinking how lucky she was, and how happy they were. :confused: I watched a prince william was born, I watched a prince harry was born, I watched when she died. She was apart of our lives. We all watched like she was some distance family member. I now hope that she is in peace and can finally rest. And, We should let her. We owe her that!!!

Diana - A TRUE Royal Princess

pic.php

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=8335ALGL3&i=226534
Sketch Drawn By Myself

Diana was every inch a royal princess...it's a shame the family she married into -esp. her husband- seem mundane and UNroyal in comparison in all the truly important areas of life - leadership - and compassion. Unlike Prince Charles who seems to care only about himself and what HE wants - regardless of what his actions and attitudes will do to the Monarchy and his nation, Diana set aside her personal problems and desires in order to reach out to people in need - espeically ones who could not defend or speak up for themselves.

Charles on the other hand whines about his imagined woes and sorrows and whenever something goes wrong - he immediately points fingers of blame at Diana for everything gone amuck in his life, instead of taking responsibility for his actions and attitudes. He could have been an incredibly wonderful Royal Leader -but his petty jealousy and his disloyalty to both his wife as well as his family and nation has ruined him and has only shown him up to be the spineless ninny that he really is..

Diana - who only wanted to be his wife, the mother of their children, and to be his partner both in private and in public - found herself trapped in a nightmare of a marriage to a man who never loved her, even though in the beginning she loved and adored him. He betrayed and humiliated her in every way - going so far as to flaunt his Mistress in front of her every chance he got (because he was jealous of her popularity with his people)...

BUT even when her private life was horrendous, and at it's absolute worst, Diana still went about her royal duties with a fortitude of grace and courage that won her the respect of her nation and the world. And her sincere caring and concern for people - no matter what their station or status or age or religion or race or state of health or living condition was - is what truly set her apart from most of the other British royals (esp. Charles) and this earned her a place in the hearts and lives of literally millions of people around the world.
pic.php
pic.php
pic.php

Prince Charles and many in his family could learn many a lessons from Diana about what it means to be a TRUE ROYAL LEADER. While he and his family were born into Royalty - Diana EARNED her Royal Status because she dared to care about and crusade for the welfare and lives of the common man, woman, and child in every walk of life - in every part of the world...

And so while Diana was officially stripped of HRH status, at the Royal Family's command when she and Charles divorced - in the hearts of the people of her nation and in the nations around the world Diana was and will forever always be - Her Royal Highness, Diana - Princess of Wales because she proved to be every inch a Royal Princess in all the areas which count when she lived.
pic.php
pic.php

Kathy

Last edited:
chattykathy said:
Diana was every inch a royal princess... Kathy
Agree with that one, she was a great princess.
chattykathy said:
it's a shame the family she married into -esp. her husband- seem mundane and UNroyal in comparison in all the truly important areas of life - leadership - and compassion. Unlike Prince Charles who seems to care only about himself and what HE wants... Kathy

Definetely can't agree with this one. The British Royal Family does a great job for the country. And especially Prince Charles. He not only cares about the others, his charity organizations, prticularly the Prince's Trust, are one of the most successful in the UK. He helped and helps so many people! He is full of compassion.
chattykathy said:
Charles on the other hand whines about his imagined woes and sorrows and whenever something goes wrong - he immediately points fingers of blame at Diana for everything gone amuck in his life, instead of taking responsibility for his actions and attitudes. Kathy

He NEVER, NEVER blamed Diana for anything. He NEVER spoke a single bad word about her. Whenever he spoke of her, he praised her. It's was Diana, who blamed Charles for everythig.

chattykathy said:
He could have been an incredibly wonderful Royal Leader -but his petty jealousy and his disloyalty to both his wife as well as his family and nation has ruined him and has only shown him up to be the spineless ninny that he really is... Kathy

I don't accept cheating but please, remember that Diana cheated herself. Charles was always loyal to his sons, was and is a wonderful father. And he is certainly devoted to his country!

chattykathy said:
Diana - who only wanted to be his wife, the mother of their children, and to be his partner both in private and in public - found herself trapped in a nightmare of a marriage to a man who never loved her, even though in the beginning she loved and adored him. He betrayed and humiliated her in every way - going so far as to flaunt his Mistress in front of her every chance he got (because he was jealous of her popularity with his people)... Kathy

It is my belief, though I may be wrong, that Charles did love Diana when they married. But they were too different. The marriage simply did not work and it was neither Charles's nor Diana's fault. They BOTH had their share of responsibility. What about your word about the Duchess of Cornwall, then Camilla Parker-Bowles, I don't even want to answer them because they are simply not true. :mad:

chattykathy said:
BUT even when her private life was horrendous, and at it's absolute worst, Diana still went about her royal duties with a fortitude of grace and courage that won her the respect of her nation and the world. And her sincere caring and concern for people - no matter what their station or status or age or religion or race or state of health or living condition was - is what truly set her apart from most of the other British royals (esp. Charles) and this earned her a place in the hearts and lives of literally millions of people around the world. Kathy

I agree that Diana did a wonderful job, she must be praised for her charity work and her caring to human beings. And yes, she will stay in the hearts of millions of people, including mine. However saying that Prince Charles and the members of the British Royal Famaily do not care for people is another false statement. They DO care and they show it everyday with the work they are doing. Only someone, who does not know Prince Charles and the huge work he is doing for his country, can blame him for being indifferent!

chattykathy said:
Prince Charles and many in his family could learn many a lessons from Diana about what it means to be a TRUE ROYAL LEADER. While he and his family were born into Royalty - Diana EARNED her Royal Status because she dared to care about and crusade for the welfare and lives of the common man, woman, and child in every walk of life - in every part of the world... Kathy

No comments.

chattykathy said:
And so while Diana was officially stripped of HRH status, at the Royal Family's command when she and Charles divorced - in the hearts of the people of her nation and in the nations around the world Diana was and will forever always be - Her Royal Highness, Diana - Princess of Wales because she proved to be every inch a Royal Princess in all the areas which count when she lived. Kathy

Diana was devirved of her HRH title (though still remaining the Princess of Wales) because she was no longer the wife of the Prince of Wales and was not a Royal. I assume she would be given some title of her own, when Prince William would be the Prince of Wales and then King. However she did not have the right of HRH title from the moment of divorce.
Don't blame Charles and the Royal Fmaily for every single msfortune in Diana's life. She bore responcibility for her actions and for their results. She was a magnificent woman, helped many people around the world, but she was no saint.

i don't like her. she admitted on tape she pushed her stepmom down the stairs because she didn't say hi to her real mom at some event. i think she's a borderline drama queen.

rhenae said:

I can make mine Rhenae's opinion about Diana. She was a LADY by title and by heart.

However, my love for Diana would not make me blind about her faults (yes...not being a saint she have lots of faults :D ) and I would not hate Charles , Camilla and the Queen only for I like her. Charles is a nice guy too, and Camilla seems to be a good person. The trouble with Charles and Diana was not that Charles was bad and Diana was good, not the opposite (reality is not so simple like that)...The problem was only that they couldn't get along as husband and wife...People wanted it, but real life doesn't.

Vanesa.

hsieh said:
i don't like her. she admitted on tape she pushed her stepmom down the stairs because she didn't say hi to her real mom at some event. i think she's a borderline drama queen.

She was borderline insane.

What people really don't think about is the really bad social prejudice in the early 1980s of AIDS in Britain. Which I think Diana was one of the main forces behind defecting this prejudice.

There were many cases of people who if their neighbours found out they had AIDS they tell everyone in their area about that person and that person would be cut off from the community.This was because of the fear of getting AIDS, some people would do worst and try to hurt anyone who had AIDS.

Diana not only brought these people out the shadows of society, but give them a human voice in the press, who up till then, had only covered HIV and AIDS as sex and drugs horror stories not bothering about the suffering of those who got it.
I believe Diana's involvement in AIDS opened the way for more people in the celebrity world and people with AIDS to speak out as human beings rather than objects of fear and possibly hate.

Sorry to go on and on!! But this is how I became a Diana fan. I'm only 17 but a few years ago I was watching a documentary on aids in Britain and a man was being interview about his meeting with princess Diana.

He said he was too scared to appear with her before the world media so she meet him privately away from the cameras and she chatted to him and 8 other people who were to afraid to be seen by the world.

The man in the interview said the best part of the visit was when Diana kissed him and the 8 others good bye and he started crying during the interview but he smiled through his tears

I mean!! you can't get better than can you!!

As a child in the 80's Diana was a fairytale come to life for me. She looked every inch the princess and her gowns and jewels were such a joy to behold. She is so much a part of my childhood and essentially that part of her was a myth. Looking back now, I think we know too much about her and that ruined the fairytale.

It has been said that Royalty in general did itself a dis-service by allowing so much of their personal lives to become public. They lost the element of mystique and myth. It is sad that this happened to Diana who brought so much joy to so many lives by her good works. We did not need to know the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom