The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and Aftermath

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I sometimes feel like you. There are so many facts, so many "evidences" that it makes it all so confusing. For example, the letter she wrote about Charles willing to kill her ; I'm not sure what to think about it. Is it true or is it just Burrell ? And Diana's personality and character doesn't help us at all either. She seemed so humor-unbalanced (Borderline disorder ?) that it's very hard to tell if she could have done it or not. Her friend, Lucia Flecha de Lima told she could never have written such things :
Source : Telegraph
During questioning on Tuesday, the letter was shown to Lucia Flecha da Lima, the wife of the former Brazilian ambassador to London and one of the princess's closest confidantes. She said that the princess had never expressed fears for her safety.

"I still don't believe in it," she said. "Paul Burrell was perfectly capable of imitating Princess Diana's handwriting. I don't believe she was fearing for her life, especially from Prince Charles, the future king of your country."

We need to put the "Charles murder plot" in its context. The letter that is mentioned in the Paget Report stated that the targets were to be Diana and Camilla so that Charles could marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke. If Diana really did think this at the time we can put it down to a moment of stress as no-one could possibly take such a claim seriously.

I agree Warren. And she wrote it in 1993, i.e. nothing near the time of her death.

Yes; and by the time she died, she might have forgotten that she ever wrote it--if she in fact did write it.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I don't think it was something she actually meant if she did write it.

I must say I sometimes feel like you. There are so many facts, so many "evidences" that it makes it all so confusing.

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one who feels like that sometimes.

TheTruthI must say I sometimes feel like you. There are so many facts said:
She seemed so humor-unbalanced (Borderline disorder ?)[/COLOR] that it's very hard to tell if she could have done it or not. Her friend, Lucia Flecha de Lima told she could never have written such things
Can you clarify why believe "humor-unbalanced" means that Diana had Borderline Personality Disorder?

Am I mistaken or was there a letter written in Diana's hand on KP stationary re: a plot to kill her or cause an incapacitating head injury?

Can you clarify why believe "humor-unbalanced" means that Diana had Borderline Personality Disorder?

Well it was said many times that this kind of disorder is very common and is characterized by some sudden change of humor, going from cries to laughs and vice-versa. Diana could be subject to that due to the apparent trauma she had from her parents separation :
Many individuals with BPD report having had a history of abuse, neglect, or separation as young children.
Her eating disorder may also be related to this problem :
Comorbid (co-occurring) conditions in BPD are common. When comparing individuals diagnosed with BPD to those diagnosed with other kinds of personality disorders, the former showed a higher rate of also meeting criteria for:

- anxiety disorders
- mood disorders (including clinical depression and bipolar disorder)
- eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa and bulimia)
and, to a lesser extent, somatoform disorders
- dissociative disorders; if all DSM criteria are met, it is recommended that the person should also be tested to have Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Substance abuse is a common problem in BPD, whether due to impulsivity or as a coping mechanism, and 50% to 70% of psychiatric inpatients with BPD have been found to meet criteria for a substance use disorder.

We know that Diana was far from being the most relaxed person in the world and we also know about her mood changes. So I believe my assertion is far from being unfounded.

May I also precise that Diana had been given some antidepressants while pregnant of William. She refused to take them, fearing for the health of the baby :
Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However no medical record give us the right to say she had this disorder, hence the interrogation sign at the end on my sentence.

Just think people diana`s death wasn`t due to paparazzi`s if it was, then the most important moment for the paparazzi`s was to catch was when the car had accident just think!!!!!they would have taken so much pix that was a very important time for the paparazzis to have a photo of a great car crash of Diana.

Well they did take a lot of pictures but all were confined or destroyed. It was proven that they were behind the car and didn't hesitate to have a dangerous behavior to get their pictures.

I believe there were photos taken of the accident, and of the occupants of the car immediately following the crash. However, no editor would touch them once it was announced Diana had died IIRC.

Cat

They did take photos, they even went right up to the dying princess and stood there taking photos. Maybe Henri Paul was over the limit, no excuse for this but if those terrible photographers hadn´t chased after them like maniacs perhaps they would all be alive today. I blame the photographers and also I think their inhumanity at the crash scene is unforgiveable

Sally Bedell Smith made a good case for Diana having Borderline Personality Disorder in her book Diana In Search of Herself. A primary characteristic of BPD is fear of abandonment, both real and imagined. Diana had had a great deal of real abandonment in her life. Eating disorders and/or addictions are also part and parcel of this diagnosis. I consider her mood swings as probably part BPD but largely immaturity, especially since she was so young and unprepared for life with Charles and the RF. Charles himself had (and has) his own issues and the two looked wonderful on the surface but appear to have been incompatible in marriage.

Of course, this is all "arm chair psychiatry" as we don't have access to her medical records but we can (and do) make assumptions based on what we and others observed first hand about her behavior.

During questioning on Tuesday, the letter was shown to Lucia Flecha da Lima, the wife of the former Brazilian ambassador to London and one of the princess's closest confidantes. She said that the princess had never expressed fears for her safety.

"I still don't believe in it," she said. "Paul Burrell was perfectly capable of imitating Princess Diana's handwriting. I don't believe she was fearing for her life, especially from Prince Charles, the future king of your country."

Believe me, I am no fan of Paul Burrell but I don't believe that he wrote this letter. He is capable of a lot of under handed stuff but given Diana's experience with the RF, it does not seem a stretch to me that that she feared for her life after the divorce and documented it.

Last edited:
I agree with u but the thing tht u r saying tht all photos were recycled???........... well there r some photos of dead Diana....but hte question is tht why they r not recycled and i just got it easily so why is tht pic open 4 public??? i don`t unerstand tht

They are allowed to be seen because it's part of the public "interest" and freedom of knowledge (not sure how to say it, but the meaning is there :D). If they were forbidden then there would be a massive revolt ; people would see it as a way of hiding the truth from them. Diana has been spied on all her life and I believe that's the result of being famous. The same happened to Romy Schneider when her dead son was photographed in the morgue or when photos of JFK's autopsy were published.
After, it's all a matter of choice : you look or not.

Last edited:

Believe me, I am no fan of Paul Burrell but I don't believe that he he wrote this letter. He is capable of a lot of under handed stuff but given Diana's experience with the RF, it does not seem a stretch to me that that she feared for her life after the divorce and documented it.

And imitating someone's handwriting is a real form of art. I suppose they made it analyzed and concluded that it was Diana's. I tend to believe more scientific arguments than her close friend's. That's what comforts me in the idea that Diana may have had BPD, even slight.

She told the same thing to her attorney, who gave the information to the police after her death. It wasn't just Burrell who made the claim, which leads me to doubt he made it up or forged it. He may have been evasive or even lied about many things but this does not appear to be one of them.

Cat

From what I've read, people with BPD can't function in a public setting. Diana had her problems, but she was also a consummate professional during her public appearances.:flowers:

And imitating someone's handwriting is a real form of art. I suppose they made it analyzed and concluded that it was Diana's. I tend to believe more scientific arguments than her close friend's. That's what comforts me in the idea that Diana may have had BPD, even slight.

No, not at all. Many people with BPD are highly social and successful in their social and professional lives. They don't necessarily suffer from "stage fright" or fear of public places, as a matter of fact, many thrive in those situations. It is their intimate personal and familial situations that are in chaos. Perhaps you are thinking of something like agoraphobia?

I wish we had footage or photos of the actual minute of impact I think that would have helped clear up alot of confusion.

You know with all of Diana's fears and such I wouldn't doubt that she wrote it I mean, I can see where her fear started and why they sorta continued over the years especially considering the attention that was focused on her.

Last edited:

Am I mistaken or was there a letter written in Diana's hand on KP stationary re: a plot to kill her or cause an incapacitating head injury?

Where is this going?:ermm:

No, I'm thinking of reading that I've done on personality disorders.

No, not at all. Many people with BPD are highly social and successful in their social and professional lives. They don't necessarily suffer from "stage fright" or fear of public places, as a matter of fact, many thrive in those situations. It is their intimate personal and familial situations that are in chaos. Perhaps you are thinking of something like agoraphobia?

I wish we had footage or photos of the actual minute of impact I think that would have helped clear up a lot of confusion.
'Knowing' what a nice person you are, from your posts, I'm sure you meant to say it would have helped if the police had footage of the crash and the minutes leading up to it. :flowers:

'Knowing' what a nice person you are, from your posts, I'm sure you meant to say it would have helped if the police had footage of the crash and the minutes leading up to it. :flowers:

No ya that's what I mean, I wouldn't take pleasure in seeing the actual crash, I couldn't bring myself to actually look at the pictures of Diana lying in the mercedes properly when I did find them, I actually had nightmares when I saw them but it would have helped the Police with the investigation.:flowers:

well there r some photos of dead Diana....but hte question is tht why they r not recycled...i just got it easily so why is tht pic open 4 public??? i don`t unerstand tht
Why aren't photos of a dead or dying Diana published? Because we don't need to see them.
If you've found them on the internet, well, good luck to you, but they won't be posted on this website.

Al Fayed fails to gag crucial Diana witness | Mail Online

Mohamed Al Fayed has failed in a legal bid to silence the manager of the Ritz Hotel who was on duty the night Princess Diana died.
The Ritz had sued Claude Roulet for £17,000 over TV interviews he gave after last year’s inquests into the fatal crash, and sought to gag him from speaking to the Press again.

But a Paris tribunal has found in Mr Roulet’s favour. Mr Roulet argued that his comments were already public, having been given in evidence at the inquest.
Mr Roulet told last year’s inquest that Mr Al Fayed had not seen Princess Diana’s corpse, as he had claimed, and also described how Henri Paul appeared ‘a little tipsy’ on the night of the crash.

Mansfield couldn't say anything else seeing as he is Al Fayed's mouthpiece.

Al Fayed won't let it go and thus this tired, disproved theory will keep appearing every so often, and many people will believe it, because of course, a young woman of note can't die in a car crash caused by a drunken driver and her own failure to wear a seatbelt (along with the entire way that evening was run by her lover).

She's dead through her own fault and that of the people she was with - no conspiracy - no plot etc.

I have wondered though - why all the conspiracy theories assumed that she was the target rather than Dodi - the son of a wealthy and disliked man whose own family had strong connections to the arms trade. If she was so against the arms trade why connect with someone whose family was, and still is, one of the biggest traders in arms in the world?

Well I was wondering when a new Diana conspiracy article would be published.
I do agree Iluvbertie the conspiracy theorists rarely assume that Dodi could have been a target. Which seems a bit more realistic than the Princess being the intended victim.

More ridiculous stories. Wonder if the conspiracy theorists would ever stop??

Back
Top Bottom