The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions Thread 8: June 2008- 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lint, you say? That was, hmmm, well, for once I don't really know what to say!

Thank goodness it's from a clothes dryer!:ROFLMAO:

I'm just thinking about all the clothes in just one colour that would have to be washed and dried to provide the quantities and colours for the lint. Perhaps he used towels.

lint, you say? That was, hmmm, well, for once I don't really know what to say!

I hope that the buyer enjoys it with a nice cup of tea. As cake goes, it's bound to be a bit dry.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
this sounds pretty dire.
A couple of quotes...

"it's about a conspiracy that absolutely took place during the inquest"
"The film's final scene: it features Dodi's mausoleum in the grounds of Fayed's home and concludes with Fayed setting alight a 15ft Royal Warrant that was awarded to Harrods. According to Allen, Al Fayed declared, "They murdered my son. I blow up their warrant." "

So the original conspiracy has widened and now involves the inquest itself. It seems nothing has changed.

Diana's favourite luvvie: Richard Attenborough on the people he's met during a remarkable life | Mail Online

He admits that Diana's frankness about her marital problems put him in a terrible position with his friend Prince Charles. Did he feel torn between the two? [...] 'I didn't think she should expose herself to the extent that she sometimes did, by gestures, or odd remarks. She had been created by it, to an extent, but it was destructive, and I told her she must be careful. I very much disapproved of her doing that interview (with Martin Bashir)'.

---------
Award’s a living legacy for Diana
http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/you...d-s-a-living-legacy-for-diana-79310-21639121/

Last edited:
From Hello.com
Sir Richard's moving account of his friendship with Diana

The Mail:
The photo that breaks Richard Attenborough's heart: Diana and the granddaughter he adored... both cut down in their prime | Mail Online

Either The Mail forgot to fact check or Attenborough getting dates mixed up. By his own account, they first met in 1985. Not sure how he got around to the next part - "She and Charles both delighted in their children, and in the summer of 1981 she wrote from Balmoral, where all four were on holiday, to wish me a happy birthday". Also, I can't figure out which boat launch he was talking about 1985.

When was the boat launch when she wore the red outfit? It was quite an occasion, but I don't remember the name of the ship or when it was. I just remember the red outfit with a beret that covered her hair.:)

I found the reference to 1981 odd as well. Some editor wasn't doing his/her job, I guess. It must have been in 1986 or 1987. Perhaps that's it. "7" can sometimes look like a "1."

Poor Diana--to be linked forever to the Fayeds. The embarasment this must cause her children.

It was her choice to spend time with the Fayeds. She had known the Fayeds for years. Mohammad's business dealings were well-known for some time. I doubt she felt any embarassment about being linked to him or his family by taking her sons a well documented holiday, as well as subsequent trips with Dodi. And aside from Mohammad, I haven't read anything about the rest of the Fayed to consider knowing them an embarrassment. After all, wasn't Camilla Fayed invited to the memorial last year?

This is so morbid , to sell a car which caused the deaths of 3 people is disgusting.

I remember the Mercedes could have ended exposed into a museum. How about making it an attraction, people could sit in it and enjoy a cup of coffee ... Complete madness :nonono:

Last edited:
It was her choice to spend time with the Fayeds. She had known the Fayeds for years. Mohammad's business dealings were well-known for some time. I doubt she felt any embarassment about being linked to him or his family by taking her sons a well documented holiday, as well as subsequent trips with Dodi. And aside from Mohammad, I haven't read anything about the rest of the Fayed to consider knowing them an embarrassment. After all, wasn't Camilla Fayed invited to the memorial last year?

Thank you, Incas--I should have phrased myself better, looking at what I wronte I can only say erm.... :ermm:
What I meant was a reflection on Mr.Al-Fayed currently and his "monuments" of the wine glass and that tacky statue at Harrods. Unfortunantly, one image our younger generation who is coming along will have is that God-Awful statue. While I'm sure that in her life the Fayeds were wonderful to her, I just don't think that she would have wanted to be forever linked to Dodi and his father the way she is now.
And, yes, Camilla Fayed was invited, and she is a beautiful woman, but Diana isn't intrinsically linked to her--but to that renegade playboy Dodi, his father, those horrid memorials, and all the tabloid stuff generated before her death about her relationship with him. Imagine, for a moment, that Diana had died in Paris but there had been no Dodi, no Dodi's father, no relationship, etc.. and she had been there for some Goodwill meeting about something with the President of France. We would remeber her death with more dignity than we do now. I'm not discounting her choices and her lifestyle in general, but I just don't for a moment believe that Diana would want to be linked in eternity to the Fayed family and their over-the-top memorials.

Isn´t Camilla Fayed Dodi´s sister? I see her in lots of society magazines and she is a very beautiful young woman. If Diana had been embarassed it would have been in life, but she wasn´t, all the photos of her with Dodi and on the Fayed yacht she looked very happy.
I remember just a few weeks before she died she told some journalists that she was going to surprise everyone and change her life. Whatever her friends and family say now, I can´t help but think she was going to marry Dodi and enjoy a lavish life style.
Too late now to even think about this, it was a tragedy like so many others but most of the people involved seem to have got on with their lives except for Dodi´s father and if he wants a tacky statue and it makes him feel better then good for him.

i remember her saying that she was going to surprise everyone but i don't recall her saying she was going to change her life...am i just forgetting that part?

No,you're right, Duchess. She said to the journalists that "you'll be surprised by the next thing I do.":flowers:

I remember the Mercedes could have ended exposed into a museum. How about making it an attraction, people could sit in it and enjoy a cup of coffee ... Complete madness :nonono:

The thought that the blood-stained vehicle might be displayed somewhere makes me cringe; it is in extremely poor taste and I can only imagine how the thought would distress William and Harry, and also Charles, who would also be appalled.

However I believe the owner has the right to have it returned, and that it should be returned. Though I would hope they would destroy it quietly, if they want to do something distasteful with it that is just another of the unfortunate consequences flowing from Diana's decision to link herself to the Fayeds and to not wear a seat belt that fateful night. If an ordinary person had been killed in the vehicle it wouldn't be an issue. Distressing as the outcome may be, IMO neither the RF nor the police nor anyone else has the right to deprive the owners of their property.

Thank you, Incas--I should have phrased myself better, looking at what I wronte I can only say erm.... :ermm:
What I meant was a reflection on Mr.Al-Fayed currently and his "monuments" of the wine glass and that tacky statue at Harrods. Unfortunantly, one image our younger generation who is coming along will have is that God-Awful statue. .

On thinking about these displays in a shop (even such an elegant one as Harrods) I assume that offering the Mercedes to Fayed is the most normal thing to do! And I guess that Fayed will have to buy it in order to prevent the Mercedes to come up cut in pieces with a certificate testifying that this is a piece of the seat upholstery where Dodi died and that is a piece of the carpet where Diana sat on when she was cut from the wreck....

I think what M. Musa of Etoile Limousines is doing is playing tricks on trickster Fayed - do we know btw if Etoile Limousines are still supplying cars to Paris Ritz guests? If not, maybe M. Musa has his own agenda to offend and annoy Fayed...

However I believe the owner has the right to have it returned, and that it should be returned. Though I would hope they would destroy it quietly, if they want to do something distasteful with it that is just another of the unfortunate consequences flowing from Diana's decision to link herself to the Fayeds and to not wear a seat belt that fateful night. If an ordinary person had been killed in the vehicle it wouldn't be an issue. Distressing as the outcome may be, IMO neither the RF nor the police nor anyone else has the right to deprive the owners of their property.

I totally agree with you but the owner seems rather 'interested' in making the most out of this situation. I think he wants more than a compensation since someone extremely famous died in it. If he wanted the insurance to pay him back the price of the car, that would sound fair to me. However, it looks like he wishes to have it back AND resell it for a huge sum of money, as he proposed to Fayed. I doubt he has any plan to destroy it quietly. It would be like crushing gold bars with a road roller.

This whole thing is just so distasteful. Couldn't the car be at least washed to get the stains off it. Ugh.:sick:

If he wanted the insurance to pay him back the price of the car, that would sound fair to me.

Good point on the insurance. I can't find any article on if any insurance was paid out as a result of the accident, either to the family of the deceased or the survivor. As a limo business, there would be more extensive coverage than an average car owner. It would be interesting to know how that aspect was settled. If Mr. Musa has been compensated for the destruction of his vehicle, then he has no right to claim ownership. The insurance company would have that claim and decide on its disposal.

I thought of that too but in the article M. Musa is quoted as saying,
‘We have never claimed on the insurance policy covering this vehicle, and see no reason why we should simply forget about it', so as far as I can see there's no legal reason why the owner can't, and shouldn't, get the vehicle back. I don't think it would be right to allow the RF or the "good taste police" or anyone else to be able to exert influence to stop a private individual or corporation having possession of their rightful property.

In case anyone else was wondering, the smashed Porsche James Dean died in "was toured around the US as part of a driver safety presentation, but en route between two stops the car disappeared. In 2005 Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois, offered $1 million to anyone who currently had the car. So far it has not resurfaced." James Dean Dies in Car Accident

The car Jayne Mansfield died in was returned to its owner who eventually sold it. It was in a museum in Florida for several years but is now kept by a fan in North Carolina. Jayne Mansfield's grave

What a moving and beautiful memorial for unforgettable Princess Diana, what Sir Richard Attenborough wrote.
Here in Brasil, there is not much interest for the RF but Diana will always be for us, a very human princess who cared for others. Our Lady Di.

Good point on the insurance. I can't find any article on if any insurance was paid out as a result of the accident, either to the family of the deceased or the survivor. As a limo business, there would be more extensive coverage than an average car owner. It would be interesting to know how that aspect was settled. If Mr. Musa has been compensated for the destruction of his vehicle, then he has no right to claim ownership. The insurance company would have that claim and decide on its disposal.

He was quoted in the article as having received nothing form the insurance - it was said as if he didn't ask by his own choice so probably he always saw the "added" value of what had happened to the car and thought that one day he could claim it.

It's in his right to claim the money of the car, but no more no less than the price he had it new. It's not because someone famous died in it that he should have a bonus. That would sound like 'Your car has been the place of death of 3 persons. You'll have a little more cause one of them was famous. Bravo!' :ermm:
It's not like a half eaten apple in which a famous person bit in that you're auctioning on eBay; it's a destroyed car where people died in.

This whole thing is just so distasteful. Couldn't the car be at least washed to get the stains off it. Ugh.:sick:

I'm not aware of such details but I believe they had to keep it as they found it for evidences and points that could have been discussed during the Inquest.
It was the same with JFK's limo. They kept it the exact way it was after the shooting before 're-bodying' it and expose it at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.

Presidential Limousines
What Ever Became of the Kennedy 'Death Car' from Dallas? - Associated Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom