The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions Thread 8: June 2008- 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly think that Diana is as close to Christ in terms worldwide significance. Still, I think it's good that Jesus came in first. I don't believe that he's "dead", actually...but that's a discussion for another time and place.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many who are pleased with the revelation brought on by the death of Michael Jackson. This is of course the revelation that he may have converted to Islam. These happy people were also pleased that Cassius Clay became a Muslim (and is now called Muhammad Ali) and in most likelihood Princes Diana and astronaut Neil Armstrong did as well -- although I don’t think these personalities concerned actually publicly said so

Malaysia-Today.net - No Holds Barred, Corridors of Power and more @ mt.m2day.org - What is there to be proud of?

This was quite an interesting article. Thanks for posting it, Skydragon. I found myself nodding my head, even though I'm definitely NOT a Muslim. :flowers:

And I thought the conspiracy theories had finally ended.

They will never end... just like the deaths of JFK, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, James Dean and now MJ. So long as there's a dollar to be made from it.

I wish they'd stop with the conspiracy theories about this. The poor woman and the two men died in circumstances in which far too many other people have died and continue to die: a motor vehicle collision caused by alcohol and high speed and failure to wear seat belts. The families should not have to relive the sad experience every few years just because someone wants to cash in on the tragedy and writes a new book.

A CONTROVERSIAL new book claims inconsistencies in evidence given at the Princess Diana inquest show that she really was murdered.
If you want to read something first, read about it in The Royal Forums. :)
This book was discussed in the Royal Library back in March - see here.

Britain's Princess Diana escaped to nudist beaches for privacy.The late royal - who was married to Prince Charles - was so desperate to spend time alone she begged her bodyguard to let her do "normal things" such as walk along a beach without security guards.Princess Diana's nudist 'escape' - Monsters and Critics

The title of the article is misleading. Diana didn't choose a nude beach on purpose. I suppose that a nude beach would have been quite safe for her, though--no concealed weapons. ;):lol:

I suppose it shows that the nudists are discreet. Surely they would have recognised her.....................though maybe they don't recognise people with their clothes on.:ROFLMAO:

From the article
“I found it difficult simply to accept that what happened in the Alma Tunnel in Paris was ‘just one of those tragic things’. Of course it might have been, but then that’s what “they” always hope we will think
No wonder Fayed employed him.

Exactly, Skydragon. When I saw the article, I thought, "Oh no, here we go again.":ermm: There was also an article in a Palestinian newspaper about Diana and Dodi's romance, complete with the story of the engagement ring, et al. The source at the bottom was, of course, alfayed.com. Possibly MalF is still pursuing his ideas but in a less direct way.:cool:

From the article
No wonder Fayed employed him.

“I found it difficult simply to accept that what happened in the Alma Tunnel in Paris was ‘just one of those tragic things’. Of course it might have been, but then that’s what “they” always hope we will think.

For a lawyer he should know better than accusing without proof… (quite Fayed-like :whistling:)
He's the one going against the conclusions of the court but he wasn't capable of pointing out any tangible element that would have led the judges to review the case. He failed in his work to win the trial and therefore wants some publicity for his little book.

The story about the BBC commissioning a drama set against the backdrop of the 1981 wedding has been moved to The Royal Library.

On the day of Princess Diana’s funeral, I joined commentators Peter Jennings and Barbara Walters to describe the historic day for their American network, ABC. Perched high above Westminster Abbey on scaffolding erected specially for the big event, we had a bird’s eye view of the drama unfolding below.
As the funeral cortège approached Buckingham Palace where the Queen and the rest of the Royal family had gathered, I whispered to Jennings: “Watch Princess Margaret.” As Diana’s bedecked coffin passed the royal party, the Queen and other members of the family bowed their heads in respect. Princess Margaret remained upright and upstanding, looking like she would rather be somewhere else.

Destroyed: the letters that fuelled a Royal feud - Telegraph

Interesting article, though I do wonder if Margaret forgot how colourful her past was.

Discussion of the book "The Princess and the President" by Valery Giscard d'Estaing has been moved to a new thread in the Royal Library.

I saw this article but did not post it as it has no credible source. Nobody could claim to know how another feels, nor be privy to lawyers conversations, conversations with HM or QEQM. It is certainly slow news week!
------------------------
THE three most senior police officers who investigated the death of Princess Diana were wrong to withhold vital evidence from the French authorities, in which she revealed her fear of being killed in a staged car crash, a top lawyer said yesterday.

Daily Express | UK News :: Why did Police hide death letter?

The "Top lawyer" is Fayeds representative Mansfield!:whistling:

Prince Charles wanted evict Diana - Monsters and Critics
quote from article:

"Britain's Prince Charles didn't want Princess Diana to live in Kensington Palace after their divorce.The 60-year old royal was devastated by the prospect of moving back in with his grandmother following the split."

So, Charles was born in 1937 when his mother was 11 years old. How come they missed that angle?

Skydragon said:
Daily Express | UK News :: Why did Police hide death letter?
The "Top lawyer" is Fayeds representative Mansfield!:whistling:
Mansfield would be acting under instructions. Which means Mohammed Al Fayed continues to try to create irrelevant diversions in an effort to absolve himself of any responsibility for the events which took place inside and outside of the Ritz on that fateful night.

A SECRET feud between Diana, Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret was laid bare last night, revealing a relationship riven with hatred, bitterness and fierce *rivalry.

Daily Express | UK News :: Diana became royal neighbour from hell after slur on Charles

I kind of find it hard to imagine Princess Margaret turning the ice on the late princess especially when she'd had her own fair share of royal grief (like having to give up the man she loved). Perhaps I'm wrong though.:sad:

:previous:
Maybe because Princess Margaret didn't dish the dirt in public. That's the issue.

Yes, I think that the people in the palaces would have been able to put up with a lot from Diana had she not gone public with her private life. Most families would give the cold shoulder to someone who blabbed in public about their private business.

:previous:
Maybe because Princess Margaret didn't dish the dirt in public. That's the issue.

Yes, Princess Margaret and Diana were close at one point. But once the book, Diana, Her True Story came out, I believe that was gone. Wasn't there a story about Diana being hesitant to give Lady Sarah Chatto a baby gift or something.

Princess Margaret did have to give up a great love but Diana was not thinking clearly on the following. Blood is blood. Margaret might have liked Diana but Charles was her nephew, who adored his "Aunt Margo." Furthermore as Warren said, discretion was extremely important to Princess Margaret.

I am waiting for the exhibit to hit the DC area as well.

I onced stated IMO that out of all the members of the royal family Margaret was the one that was similar to Diana. The both longed for approvel from the Queen they both wanted more then anything to be loved by men they would never fully have heart and soul. They both turned to other men to complete a life the felt was empty even though they were married. Although PM never courted the press she was known for getting bad press the wild parties, odd (maybe not in my opinion)friendships. The island retreat where she was said to host male guest while married. PM even stated once (not word for word) that when there are two sisters and one is Queen the other is the bad one. Of course these are just similarities that I see can't speak for any one else. I would love to hear your opinions on my take one these two women.

Zonk your so close to Philly it may be a shame to wait.

Last edited:
They did have some similarities, Margaret and Diana did. I know less about Margaret than Diana, but both put the royal family in the spotlight, Margaret in in the '50s-60s, and Diana in the '80s-90s, that was their greatest similiarity. Margaret hadn't married a man she loved merely because he was divorced, back in the day. She made compromises since she was royal, especially early on, although obviously she later divorced herself. Diana never did make compromises to be royal, not really even early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom