The Diana, Princess of Wales Fountain and Other Memorials

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact that Diana has a fountain is good enough imo. All it needs is some nice touches.

If there were public pressure and interest, I'm sure a statue could be erected in her memory. Statues in Britain aren't limited to kings and queens after all.

But there would probably have to be a fundraising campaign, and there would be discussion as to whether Diana would prefer a statue in her honor versus a charitable donation somewhere. But like I said, I think the time has passed. Any statue would have been erected long before the Queen Mother's.

If there were public pressure and interest, I'm sure a statue could be erected in her memory. Statues in Britain aren't limited to kings and queens after all.
I don't believe there is the interest, even if a campaign was started. :flowers:

I agree, Skydragon. There's just not an impetus for it now. The campaign should have been started no later than 2000. People have other concerns now (not that I'm against the idea, personally). And I don't see William or Harry being interested in doing this particular thing in the future...

Princess Diana Memorials

I'd love to start a thread about Princess Diana memorials around the world--the fountain in Hyde park for example. There must be more out there and I'd love hear about the best ones and how they pay tribute to her.:hellokitty:

I haven't visited the fountain but I'd like to and am impressed by what I've seen of it.

A rose garden was built in tribute to Diana on the 10th anniversary of her death in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom