The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a big mistake. I always thought that Hasnat Khan was her best chance at happiness and a normal life. His parents probably thought that she would bring too much attention with her to be a traditional wife (unfair or not, they would probably have been right).

That's really strange : he claims he couldn't live with this harassment and celebrity and it was the reason of their separation but now it's said that she left him ?! If she were madly in love like it seems to be the case, I doubt she would have dumped him ...

The real story was only known by two people, one of whom can't speak for herself anymore. The other one has been living with the truth for 10 years. Maybe she did leave him, maybe he left her because of the celebrity or his parents disapproval. Maybe he's changing his story because the fanatics blame him for her death. Who knows. I think they loved each other and her death haunts him, whatever happened between them.

I read Dr. Kahn's statement from the inquest. It seems to me that she was moving from her relationship with Kahn to a relationship with Dodi.:flowers:

Either way I think it was a big mistake. And how his parents could have turned Diana down as a bride I've no idea.

That she had been married was a negative. And that she had had so many publicized lovers was another turnoff. I got the impression that his parents were pretty conservative Muslims. Diana's past and the added "bonus" of all the reporters that followed her probably would have made her intolerable to the family.

I am wondering if the jury is aware from testimony (assuming they have kept to the letter and no nothing of Paul Burrell's supposed "red herrings from something presented in the media) about Paul's drunken rant?

Not knowing the procdedure for an inquest, if it is found someone has knowingly lied or withheld truthful info while under direct oath and appearing in person, can the inquest be null or void, or declared, in essence, a mistrial?

I am wondering if the jury is aware from testimony (assuming they have kept to the letter and no nothing of Paul Burrell's supposed "red herrings from something presented in the media) about Paul's drunken rant?

Not knowing the procdedure for an inquest, if it is found someone has knowingly lied or withheld truthful info while under direct oath and appearing in person, can the inquest be null or void, or declared, in essence, a mistrial?
It is not a trial, although anyone lying can be investigated and charged with perjury.

That's really strange : he claims he couldn't live with this harassment and celebrity and it was the reason of their separation but now it's said that she left him ?! If she were madly in love like it seems to be the case, I doubt she would have dumped him ...
I wonder if he is now saying she broke it off with him, because he feels guilt that if he hadn't dropped her, she would not have been in Paris with Dodi. A touch of chivalry perhaps?:flowers:

Men are the same all over the world: they give all the motives for a break up and then they say they were dropped or dumped. :neutral:

Last edited:
I'm so sad now hearing all this that she went with Dodi...I don't beleive she was actually in love I beleive her real love after Charles was Hasnat Kahn.

Georgiea did you receive my PM? I wasn't sure if it went through. If not I can try again to send it to you.

Last edited:
This is a little off topic but remember when Diana was photographed watching that operation? She wore a theatre mask but there was criticism at the time that she was wearing quite heavy eye make-up, a no-no in an operating room. Was that one of Hasnat Khan's surgeries??

I beleive so or atleast that's what OK magazine had stated in one it's more recent issue when they were talking about Hasnat Khan's relationship with Diana..unless they're mistaken.

I actually really respect Dr. Khan, he could have trashed Diana as so many other people have in the past and yet after all these years he still talks about her in great respect, and hasn't sold her out and for that I truly like him he seems like a great person.

Last edited:
I know this is a touchy subject but was the photo of Diana after the accident shown in " The Witnesses In The Tunnel" real like one of the one's the police confiscated? it wasn't fake was it? Is that the one the paparazzi is talking about?

I know this is a touchy subject but was the photo of Diana after the accident shown in " The Witnesses In The Tunnel" real like one of the one's the police confiscated? it wasn't fake was it? Is that the one the paparazzi is talking about?

Do you mean the ones published in that Italian magazine Chi?

^I beleive it's the same one...that I'm thinking of..I saw it a long time ago and since then I felt awful looking at it so my memory is a bit fuzzy. It was in black& white and I beleive they were hooking her up some oxygen.

Last edited:
I've seen 3 accident photos and they look as if Diana had a broken neck (her chin is on her chest) with sort of a "goofy" (for lack of a better word, sorry) lopsided smile on her face, severe cut on her head with massive blood in her hair and the other one is a photo of her profile, in black and white, the broken neck being shielded.

I have heard there is a photo of her in her coffin...

^Really?! I would never want to see that one(about the coffin photo). I've seen a couple. One of her on the strecher in colour well if that's what you want to call it, the other one of her lying down on the floor of the car(black&white) and the other one also black& white of her being what appears to be inserting some sort of breathing tube or atleast that's how it appeared from what I could tell. Altho I have heard there are a couple fake ones out there so I'm not sure how many of those were real.

I swear there should be some sort of law that everyone has to read the inquiry into Diana's death because here's what happened tonight. Me and my mother sat down and watched the Barbra Walter's special and they started mentioning Tony Blair and my mom was like ya see isn't it weird how he was so close with the Queen he probably helped her plan Diana's death I was like mom he had just entered as the new Prime Minister at that time and she's like so? and then the conspiracy theorist in me started questioning everything all over again so I ran and started reading some trascripts from the inquest(particularly about the Fiat Uno) and it made me feel better. I know random but that's my story of the night.

I swear there should be some sort of law that everyone has to read the inquiry into Diana's death because here's what happened tonight. Me and my mother sat down and watched the Barbra Walter's special and they started mentioning Tony Blair and my mom was like ya see isn't it weird how he was so close with the Queen he probably helped her plan Diana's death I was like mom he had just entered as the new Prime Minister at that time and she's like so? and then the conspiracy theorist in me started questioning everything all over again so I ran and started reading some trascripts from the inquest(particularly about the Fiat Uno) and it made me feel better. I know random but that's my story of the night.

Yep PM for 3 months and the first thing he does is conspire with the Queen to murder Diana! :rolleyes: (sorry couldn't resist)

The pictures shown were not fakes as far as I could see and I didn't see any massive blood loss, nor a broken neck, but I am not a doctor. In Ch4's programme she is shown being helped into a upright position and some of the effort made to revive her. They also glossed over the general fracas to get photo's. :flowers:

Here is a link to Ch4's write up.

I wonder if he is now saying she broke it off with him, because he feels guilt that if he hadn't dropped her, she would not have been in Paris with Dodi. A touch of chivalry perhaps?:flowers:

Hm... OTOH the way he described that she dropped him appears to be typical for Diana - he says that he had tried for a longer time to get her on her mobile but did only get her answering machine:

"After a few days, I felt something was wrong. Her
14 mobile kept going on to answerphone. When I did
15 eventually speak to her, unbeknown to me, she had
16 returned from her holiday with Mohamed Al Fayed, had
17 been at home for either one or two nights and had then
18 gone off to Paris. When you know someone very well, you
19 know when something is not right and that is how I felt
20 when I spoke to her. "

After they've broken up she changed her phone number and did not inform him about her new one:

"I tried to ring Diana the night she died, but could
19 not get through to her. I later found out that she had
20 changed her number. I think she must have done this
21 while she had been away. "

Then he tells that she called his relatives to say that:

I think that when the news of
16 Diana and Dodi came out in the press, she did ring a few
17 people in my family to explain that she was not doing
18 anything wrong. I think these were just wishy-washy
19 phone calls in an attempt to make my family think she
20 wasn't a bad person for going away with Dodi.
21 "My uncle, Jawad Khan, has told me that he received
22 a call from Diana whilst she was away. She told him
23 that she was just friends with Dodi and that they were
24 just enjoying a holiday together.

Dr. Khan doesn't date the meeting where Diana finished her relationship with him exactly. But I guess she did it before she went with Rosa Monckton. If Diana broke up with Hasnat Khan at all. Rosa is known as a friend who spoke her mind about things, so I believe Diana made it appear to her that Dr. Khan has ended the relationship. She could be pretty sure that due to her compartimentalising people Rosa would not meet Dr. Khan and talk to him about her. But did Diana tell Dr. Khan herself? Somehow his account does not really ring true.

Some points: he said he used to call her from phoneboxes. So how is it that quite some people actually reached Diana during her holidays while he only got her answering machine? If he didn't use his own phone, her phone could not tell when it was him, so chances are that he reached her.

I guess it's true that Diana dumped him. And he obviously is not willing to talk about it now, he left Britain right before the inquest. The only talking he did was decent and nice. But isn't there a possibility that he invented this story in order to save his face?

How, for example did he "later find out that she had changed her number"? "Later" - that's after he death. So who told him? Burrell? And why?

I think we heard enough of the many "truths" Diana possessed. Why should she have reacted differently this time? A truth for Rosa Monckton, one for Burrell, another for Hasnat Khan and others probably for William and Harry and Dodi.

And he obviously thought that it would have been possible for her to come back to him when her affair with Dodi was over:

I genuinely thought it was downhill
2 now for Diana and I thought I would just sit on the
3 sidelines and watch. By this, I mean I felt her
4 relationship would be heading downwards as I had heard
5 so much bad publicity about Dodi. I suppose it is
6 possible that Diana was trying to make me jealous, but
7 I do not believe that was the entire reason she was
8 doing it. I think that when she had gone away on the
9 boat she had felt protected and thought she would wait
10 and see what happened with Dodi. These are just my
11 thoughts. It is impossible to tell whether we would
12 have got together again, but depending on what would
13 have happened between her and Dodi, it could have been
14 a possibility in the long run.

Plus: why did the police ask Hasnat Khan if Diana had been faithful to him? What a question concerning the circumstances. And what should he say if he didn't want to endanger Diana's reputation?

I got the impression that Hasnat Khan is a good friend and a decent person. But these characteristices often make you having no problem with lying in order to protect these friends.

Last edited:
^Really?! I would never want to see that one(about the coffin photo). I've seen a couple. One of her on the strecher in colour well if that's what you want to call it, the other one of her lying down on the floor of the car(black&white) and the other one also black& white of her being what appears to be inserting some sort of breathing tube or atleast that's how it appeared from what I could tell. Altho I have heard there are a couple fake ones out there so I'm not sure how many of those were real.

I remember seeing her on the stetcher on t.v. that night and I'm surprised that a picture exists. The photo of the Princess in a coffin has to be a rumour.
The inquest report did not state she also had a broken neck, she was moving her head side to side when she trapped in the car.

Hm... OTOH the way he described that she dropped him appears to be typical for Diana - he says that he had tried for a longer time to get her on her mobile but did only get her answering machine:
I'm simply not sure and of course the very fact that he was determined not to be cross examined, does make one wonder whether he is telling the truth.

We do know that 'normally' Diana refused to accept an affair was over and pestered the man and his family. From what Dr Khan is saying, Diana was the predator (with him and Hewitt) and once she had captured the prey, toyed with it for a while and then moved on without an explanation or another thought. :ermm:

I'm simply not sure and of course the very fact that he was determined not to be cross examined, does make one wonder whether he is telling the truth.

We do know that 'normally' Diana refused to accept an affair was over and pestered the man and his family. From what Dr Khan is saying, Diana was the predator (with him and Hewitt) and once she had captured the prey, toyed with it for a while and then moved on without an explanation or another thought. :ermm:

If I'M right (and as you do, I'M not sure) then she never ended the relationship but tried to make Dr. Khan believe there was nothing really going on with her and Dodi. So maybe there was no need to pester him as he was, as he himself said, simply waiting for her to come back. We don't know how much of what he stated he figured out from the media reports afterwards - and I doubt he had anyone but Burrell as a person to talk to who knew Diana. So he probably had to rely on the media reports - but what a poor figure he'd present if he had to confess to all that under questioning at the inquest.

As for Diana the predator: she doesn't strike me as having been one. Okay, as I said part of her behaviour seems to be in accord to her way to deal with things, but still I think it's odd that she should select Battersea Park for a good-bye after 2 years. And why take the chance that Dr. Khan went straight to the Daily Mail when she could just put him on hold till she figured out what was possible or not with Dodi?

Yep PM for 3 months and the first thing he does is conspire with the Queen to murder Diana! :rolleyes: (sorry couldn't resist)

exactly! that's what I was trying to tell my mother.

I remember seeing her on the stetcher on t.v. that night and I'm surprised that a picture exists. The photo of the Princess in a coffin has to be a rumour.
The inquest report did not state she also had a broken neck, she was moving her head side to side when she trapped in the car.

Really? the only footage I've seen is them closing the ambulance doors with who I'm assuming was Diana.

The pictures shown were not fakes as far as I could see and I didn't see any massive blood loss, nor a broken neck, but I am not a doctor. In Ch4's programme she is shown being helped into a upright position and some of the effort made to revive her. They also glossed over the general fracas to get photo's.

Ya that's definitly one of the one's I've seen. Again I wasn't sure what they were trying to do other than revive her. I remember how everyone was going on back when she first died about those photos saying oh will they ever be leaked etc I can't beleive they've actually managed to leak a few. I never wanted to see them I ended up stumbling upon them while looking for a picture of Diana in her wedding dress don't ask me how you get death photos from googling wedding dress.

exactly! that's what I was trying to tell my mother.

Really? the only footage I've seen is them closing the ambulance doors with who I'm assuming was Diana.

I was 7 at the time of the Princess' death so my memory is a bit hazy but I do remember someone being rolled on a strecther it could have been Diana or Trevor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom