The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found him to be just so incredibly nasty about people. He publicly called Diana's mother a "snob" for not speaking to him during one of the early hearings, and he accused Prince Philip of being a "Nazi" because he had German relations. I'm surprised that he hasn't been sued many times if this is the way he normally degrades people.

I don't feel it had anything to do with his race, Having had the misfortune to meet the man on more than one occasion, he really strikes you as not nice and very much a social climber, to put it sweetly. He is so busy telling you what he has done for charities, he cheapens the whole thing, IMO.

I don't feel it had anything to do with his race, Having had the misfortune to meet the man on more than one occasion, he really strikes you as not nice and very much a social climber, to put it sweetly. He is so busy telling you what he has done for charities, he cheapens the whole thing, IMO.
I'm sorry. Very distasteful, that!

I'm sorry. Very distasteful, that!
No need to apologise, I thought I was being incredibly polite, why do you think it distasteful?:flowers:

Last edited:
al-Fayed's complaint with the British establishment is that he's been trying to get a British passport for years and he's been denied every time. He's also tried to become accepted in British society from long before Diana and he's been rebuffed. As the pinnacle of British society, the Queen and the Royal Family have long been a target for his anger. He's had some shoddy business dealings before but I do think a lot of the underlying reasons for this rebuff is racism unfortunately.

It doesn't make al-Fayed any nicer though. I think he is rather seedy no matter what race he was but I do think his race played a part in his lack of reception.

Ahh that makes sense. If the blood was Dna tested sorry I'm going a bit off topic then why don't his parents accept that? But of course and I'm not one to doubt DNA but there is that odd thought that came to my mind what if they used the "wrong" blood sample for alcohol testing and the "real" one for the DNA is that even possible? I'd love to see the documents proving it thought just out of curiosity again I'm not doubting it just curious.

I agree with you on his character but I do believe that the reaction to him is in someway tied to his race.

Oh, so you met him before Skydragon?

No need to apologise, I thought I was being incredibly polite, why do you think it distasteful?:flowers:
When somebody has to keep building themselves up to look good, I get just the opposite feeling. It reminds me of some of our politicians stumping right now. I just get a feeling like I have to take a shower or something, you know?
I'm sure you were very polite!

Last edited:
Ahh that makes sense. If the blood was Dna tested sorry I'm going a bit off topic then why don't his parents accept that? But of course and I'm not one to doubt DNA but there is that odd thought that came to my mind what if they used the "wrong" blood sample for alcohol testing and the "real" one for the DNA is that even possible? I'd love to see the documents proving it thought just out of curiosity again I'm not doubting it just curious.

The thing is that AFAIK Henri Paul had an alcohol problem and was taking medication against it or should have been taking them. When they tested the blood they found alcohol in it but no trace of these medications - for me this is nothing to be suspicious about, as most alcoholics have times where they don't take their medication and fall back into old habits. And he drank the two Ricards... pineapple juice in the Ricard-glass? Come on!

Plus the way he behaved in the hotel shows that he was exited, full of adrenaline, he seemed to get a kick out of that situation and that added surely to the way he was driving. Witnesses have already told that he was prone to reckless driving, Dodi and Diana probably wanted to go home ASAP and thus there are enough reasons why the accident happened.

^Ya I agree there's more than enough evidence to prove all this was an accident, but is it even possible for them to use different samples on different things as I stated blood tests vs DNA. I hope that didn't sound too confusing. You know what I was thinking about who was that lady that said Henri Paul had driven her from the airport to the Ritz? I beleive and he was speeding and she says she wishes she had warned Diana and Dodi. Why hasn't she testified.

^Ya I agree there's more than enough evidence to prove all this was an accident, but is it even possible for them to use different samples on different things as I stated blood tests vs DNA. I hope that didn't sound too confusing. You know what I was thinking about who was that lady that said Henri Paul had driven her from the airport to the Ritz? I beleive and he was speeding and she says she wishes she had warned Diana and Dodi. Why hasn't she testified.

IIRC they were two ladies, the health assistant from the US and the stewardess of the Jonikal. Both have given their evidence at the inquest and both talked about speeding and rough driving. Here are the transcripts:
For Myriah Daniels, the health assistant:
Hearing transcripts: 18 December 2007 - Morning session - second witness and Deborah Gribble, the stewardess:
Hearing transcripts: 19 December 2007 - Morning session
:flowers:

Oh, so you met him before Skydragon?
We have met him on more than one occasion, he does have the pink castle a few miles down the road from our Scottish residence and it is not always possible to avoid meeting him when he turns up at 'events' or even when getting fuel.
I just get a feeling like I have to take a shower or something, you know?
I know exactly what you mean! I thought you meant I was being distasteful! :lol:
but is it even possible for them to use different samples on different things as I stated blood tests vs DNA
It would be possible I expect, but only if everyone is in on the conspiracy.

We have met him on more than one occasion, he does have the pink castle a few miles down the road from our Scottish residence and it is not always possible to avoid meeting him when he turns up at 'events' or even when getting fuel.

Skydragon, I found this about Al Fayed's castle - do you know the outcome of this? And how did the community of that area react?

"When Mohamed Al Fayed purchased Balnagowan Castle, it was in a dilapidated state. To his great credit, Mohamed Al Fayed safeguarded the structure, refurnished the interior and returned this historic landmark to its former splendour. This recent restoration was completed at a cost of millions by 1995.

Unfortunately, he went one step too far by placing the arms of the Chief of Clan Ross on the gate at the entrance to the castle grounds in 1999. Members of Clan Ross were quick to advise the clan chief. David Ross of Ross, 27th Chief of Clan Ross, made quiet objections to this affront, but Mr. Fayed ignored all requests. Accordingly, as Scottish law dictates, the case was brought before the Lord Lyon who upheld the right of the Clan Ross Chief as the owner of the arms. As of August, 2001, Mohamed al Fayed has still done nothing in regards to the Court of the Lord Lyon's directive of over a year and a half ago to remove the Ross Coat of Arms from his new entrance gate at Balnagowan castle. To disobey that order, could involve the police and ultimately a jail term. Other coats of arms, carved in many parts of the castle itself, however, may not be removed because of existing building regulations."

And that's another interesting bit from the same homepage of Clan Ross:

The Balnagowan estate. including the castle, was bought from the estate of the last-remaining member of the Lockhart-Ross representatives, who were never properly entitled to be known as Chiefs of Clan Ross. The new owner in 1973 was Mohamed Fayed, who subsequently changed his name to Mohamed Al Fayed, much in the same fashion as a Highland Chief might correctly be known as "The Ross". The "Al", thus defines him as the chief representer of all Fayeds."

Tells quite something about Al Bundy... ah... Mo Fayed - no wonder British society is not too pleased to meet him. IMHO, of course.

Last edited:
Skydragon, I found this about Al Fayed's castle - do you know the outcome of this? And how did the community of that area react?
As far as I know it is still there, but next time I am passing, I will just turn off the A9 to have a look! If I get invited in, be it on your head Jo! :lol: There are many people in the area who refuse to have anything to do with him even now, but as usual, there are also people who are attracted to him because he 'owns' Harrods.

As far as I know it is still there, but next time I am passing, I will just turn off the A9 to have a look! If I get invited in, be it on your head Jo! :lol:

You better not let yourself be driven in your carriage with the coat of arms and conveniently forget your calling cards and your name... ah maybe just drive yourself in a small rented car. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That should do it.... Well, maybe not if you're Camilla or the Countess of Sutherland (just a joke, that!) :lol:

He surely doesn't think that buying a castle gives him the right to be the clan chief, does he? :eek:

I tried to follow the inquest on the Henry Paul's blood , but I could not follow it. I got confused.

What I got out of it shows me that the french botch his blood samples. If that is true then to me the photographers and press are to blame for the three deaths.:flowers:

I tried to follow the inquest on the Henry Paul's blood , but I could not follow it. I got confused.

What I got out of it shows me that the french botch his blood samples. If that is true then to me the photographers and press are to blame for the three deaths.:flowers:

Yes, but in any case the paparazzi didn't need to be so aggressive ; drunk driver or not.:flowers:

I, too, have found the evidence about Paul's blood confusing. I don't have the time to read the whole transcript slowly and thoroughly enough to digest it properly so I haven't taken it all in. It does seem the French were very slack with their autopsy procedures, but I think it has been established that it is more likely than not that it was Henri Paul's blood that had a blood alcohol level which was about twice the legal limit and which would have impaired his ability to drive at speed through the tunnel while trying to outrun and/or avoid the paparazzi.

I think the behaviour of the paparazzi is quite appalling, and laws should be drafted to stop them chasing moving vehicles on bikes and other vehicles and buzzing around them like a disturbed nest of wasps flashing blinding lights at them. Apart from being grossly irritating this behaviour is obviously dangerous. Driving is hazardous enough without that sort of added challenge.

Who is responsible for the collision? I think the paparazzi's reckless behaviour is partly responsible, but Paul wasn't forced off the road by one of them, he was trying to get away from them by driving faster than them. He did not have to do that, and I think his decision to drive at speed after consuming what he would have known was too much alcohol, makes him responsible. He was driving way too fast for the conditions - both of himself and the road - and lost control of the vehicle.

Who was responsible for Diana and Dodi's deaths? That is a slightly different question, IMO. I don't know about Dodi, but I think Diana's decision to not wear a seat belt probably killed her. I am assuming there was a properly functioning seat belt available for her to wear, and that's what they're there for: to wear to protect you when there is a collision.

I pity the jury, because they are going to have to spend a great deal of time going through this rapidly growing mountain of evidence and resolving all the conflicts in lay and expert evidence, and there are so many. Though of course there are certain questions that they need to focus on and the Coroner will no doubt give useful direction to them in this regard in his summing up.

At the moment I am fascinated by the carbon monoxide level in Paul's blood and I want to read Prince Philip's letters. I'd also like to know whether Rosa Monckton's baby is still buried in the garden at Kensington Palace.

Who was responsible for Diana and Dodi's deaths? That is a slightly different question, IMO. I don't know about Dodi, but I think Diana's decision to not wear a seat belt probably killed her. I am assuming there was a properly functioning seat belt available for her to wear, and that's what they're there for: to wear to protect you when there is a collision.

I feel it it is the press' fault for the crash. It will be interesting to see what the jury decides.

At the moment I am fascinated by the carbon monoxide level in Paul's blood and I want to read Prince Philip's letters. I'd also like to know whether Rosa Monckton's baby is still buried in the garden at Kensington Palace.

Roslyn these questions interest me also. Especially the question of Prince Phillip's letter. We know Francis, Diana's mother, sheddred a lot of letters after Diana died. I wonder is those where the letters shredded?:flowers:

I, too, have found the evidence about Paul's blood confusing. I don't have the time to read the whole transcript slowly and thoroughly enough to digest it properly so I haven't taken it all in. It does seem the French were very slack with their autopsy procedures, but I think it has been established that it is more likely than not that it was Henri Paul's blood that had a blood alcohol level which was about twice the legal limit and which would have impaired his ability to drive at speed through the tunnel while trying to outrun and/or avoid the paparazzi.

Here's a link where you might found infos to clear up some facts concerning Henri Paul : Henri Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read Wikipeda and I still feel that the press is the major factor in the crash.:flowers::flowers:

Yes, of course. I mean, if they hadn't been there, Henri Paul may have not driven so dangerously and there wouldn't have been any dead OR they might have had an accident because of his drunkenness and ended up killed too so it's very hard to deliberate of who was responsible ... .

Last edited:
I read Wikipeda and I still feel that the press is the major factor in the crash.:flowers::flowers:

The press certainly played a role in this, but they were not the major factor. A drunk driver behind the wheel of a car that was going entirely too fast. That's the major factor in the crash.

IIRC they were two ladies, the health assistant from the US and the stewardess of the Jonikal. Both have given their evidence at the inquest and both talked about speeding and rough driving. Here are the transcripts:
For Myriah Daniels, the health assistant:
Hearing transcripts: 18 December 2007 - Morning session - second witness and Deborah Gribble, the stewardess:
Hearing transcripts: 19 December 2007 - Morning session
:flowers:

Thank you so much I always wanted to hear what they had to say.:flowers:

It would be possible I expect, but only if everyone is in on the conspiracy.

Intresting yep I'm definitly confused now lol:D

Last edited:
I really don't understand what else could have possibly been screwed up if the carboxyhaemaglobin is still too high Same goes for the vitrous humour results is there any other possible explanation as to why they could be so close together that the Proffessor didn't mention. I skimmed through the transcripts did they question the DNA analysis?

I know exactly what you mean! I thought you meant I was being distasteful! :lol:
Oh gosh no Skydragon! Every exchange I have read of yours have been very well thought out and tasteful. Can't say the same for myself! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom