The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!

Apart from the fact that you have of course a right to your own opinion - where is the reliable source for your statements? Charles at least got a degree - while Diana did not even pass A-levels, but prefered to clean other people's homes, look after other people's kids till she married and employed someone else to clean for her and lookafter her kids while she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.

^ Jo, just a reminder (no biggie but just for the record): Diana never even passed O Levels (GCSE's) much less having a chance at A Levels. She took the O Level exams at least twice and failed both times, and I think she was going to take them again but her parents decided to send her to that finishing school, since she was already 16 and could leave the public school.
Then I think she didn't last a full term at the Swiss school, because she was homesick or something, who knows.... :rolleyes:

This thread is about Diana's Inquest and not a war to decide if someone has got the truth to justify or critize her decisions and way of living. And how come Camilla's name has to appear here ? She's not summoned, is she ? It's like an obsession to always place the Duchess's name in the conversation each time something compromising is said about Diana. It's so funny how people change subject ... :rolleyes:. Whatever, just my opinion anyway.

Diana planned move abroad - Yahoo! News UK

Last edited:
I am sorry but this is such utter rubbish! I am sure there were faults on both sides -quote] Cressida you are right on about the relationship of Princess Diana and Prince Charles. I feel it has been a terrible tragedy - missed opportunities on both sides to make a lasting and loving marriage.

But, Cressida I hope the British people and the Commonwealth countries will accept the Duchess because if the Princes can love her so can all. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Kay is now the second person to say that Princess Diana was thinking of moving abroad. It is write in Paul Burrel's (sp?) book.

But Mr. Kay also said that the relationship of Diana and Dodi he believes would have run is course and not lead to marriage. I still can not say that. Diana did tell her close women friends that she never felt so taken care off. And wasn't that what Diana always wanted in a man?

And now with this Mr. Kay said at the inquest:"She told me that she had been discussing with Mr al-Fayed senior the possibility of setting up some form of worldwide hospice network which he, she indicated, was prepared to financially underwrite." I think the al Fayeds would do anything in their power to have Diana in their close family.:flowers:

This thread is about Diana's Inquest and not a war to decide if someone has got the truth to justify or critize her decisions and way of living. And how come Camilla's name has to appear here ? She's not summoned, is she ? It's like an obsession to always place the Duchess's name in the conversation each time something compromising is said about Diana. It's so funny how people change subject ... :rolleyes:. Whatever, just my opinion anyway.

But don't you think that these forums are one of the nicest places to discuss because most posters here while they might have a favorite in one of these two ladies can accept praise and critisism of both when it is due?

Of course, at the moment it is more difficult for Diana's supporters because while we know next to nothing (at least nothing which is proven by statements of persons or letters or other sources except gossip) about what really went on with Charles and Camilla but learn so much about Diana from people who actually are willing to swear an oth that they tell the truth? Unfortunately not many things told here are just positive, many are ambiguous and some are plain ugly. Even I wish Diana's memory could have been spared such an inquest!

Bah humbug! Is anyone else sick to death of Diana, Dodi, etc. and this stupid Inquest?
:bang:

I don't care that Diana was secretly married to JFK Jr. or that she had lesbian fantasies about Tiggy, or that she was really Camilla's brother with a sex change.

If your sick of the Princess of Wales why are you on her thread then?

Apart from the fact that you have of course a right to your own opinion - where is the reliable source for your statements? Charles at least got a degree - while Diana did not even pass A-levels, but prefered to clean other people's homes, look after other people's kids till she married and employed someone else to clean for her and lookafter her kids while she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.

And where is your source that Diana never looked after her children?

But don't you think that these forums are one of the nicest places to discuss because most posters here while they might have a favorite in one of these two ladies can accept praise and critisism of both when it is due?

Of course, at the moment it is more difficult for Diana's supporters because while we know next to nothing (at least nothing which is proven by statements of persons or letters or other sources except gossip) about what really went on with Charles and Camilla but learn so much about Diana from people who actually are willing to swear an oth that they tell the truth? Unfortunately not many things told here are just positive, many are ambiguous and some are plain ugly. Even I wish Diana's memory could have been spared such an inquest!

I agree. What I was saying is that when reading "utter rubbish" as to qualify someone's point of vue, even if you disagree, is not very respectful. Of course, we have different opinions and that's wonderful but I think there's a way to express your disaproval. But it's true, this forum is the best place I know to discuss between "grown-ups" :flowers:

......SNIPPED......I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!

I think it is a real shame that they weren't encouraged to stay together because Diana would have been a wonderful consort for Charles. Camilla will never be accepted by the majority of the British people and frankly - who can be surprised by that? The whole thing has been a terrible tragedy - for us and for them.
One of the papers was about to run with the headline "IF HER IQ WERE ANY LOWER, SHE’D NEED DAILY WATERING", so I don't think we could say she was not thick.

Despite what some might hope, Camilla is being accepted by the British people. Diana on the other hand was a disaster for Charles and the monarchy. :rolleyes:

People tend to forget that Charles and Diana employed nannies to look after the boys.

Last edited:
If your sick of the Princess of Wales why are you on her thread then?

I think that what CasiraghiTrio was trying to say is that she is sick of all the fuss being made around them because of this Inquest. I must confess that I'm also getting tired of all the speculations being brought up again, 10 years later.

Last edited:
To put this into perspective the other headline would be:

Princess Diana letter: 'Charles plans to marry Tiggy!'

Both are equally absurd.
I wonder if Tiggy was ever aware of Charles intention to marry her! :ROFLMAO:

'My husband is planning an accident in my car': Diana's sensational letter is revealed in full | the Daily Mail
But Lucia Flecha da Lima, one of the witnesses at the inquest, told the jury she believed Mr Burrell was "perfectly capable" of imitating the princess's handwriting and that the letter was a fake

Last edited:
I think that what CasiraghiTrio was trying to say is that she is sick of all the fuss being made around them because of this Inquest. I must confess that I'm also getting tried of all the speculations being brought up again, 10 years later.

This inquest has been long overdue and the speculations are just irritating.

Diana planned move abroad - Yahoo! News UK

You are right, though. It's not just your opinion because it is a truth, like your name. :flowers: TheTruth speaks the The Truth. I am sorry for my part, however big or small, in the derailing of the thread. :cool:

Apart from the fact that you have of course a right to your own opinion - where is the reliable source for your statements? Charles at least got a degree - while Diana did not even pass A-levels, but prefered to clean other people's homes, look after other people's kids till she married

I know a lot of people without a college or graduate degree that later in live were very sucessful. Bill Gates to name one. :flowers:

and employed someone else to clean for her and lookafter her kids while she prepared herself to dazzle the world

She did have nannies, but from what I read she was hands on with her children more then an royal before her. She even got jealous of one of her nannies and Tiggy over how to raise her two boys. Also, Diana worked her royal duties around her boys schedule. So I don't think she was just prepared herself to dazzel the world. And at her memorial this year Prince Harry said, "She was the best mom we could have had.":flowers:

she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.

Princess Diana was a very attractive woman. but didn't she also make people aware of AIDS, LANDMINES, etc. which to me our major problems of the time.:flowers:

You are right, though. It's not just your opinion because it is a truth, like your name. :flowers: TheTruth speaks the The Truth. I am sorry for my part, however big or small, in the derailing of the thread. :cool:

Lol, I wish :D. I'm as well sorry but what is making me angry is not the fact that we change or derail of subject but the fact that we start to blame Camilla or anyone else just because we refuse to accept the errors of a human being ! What makes me laugh out loud is that most of Diana's admirers, fans, etc. claim she was a human being afterall but put the blame on another human being. If they truly believe she could do mistakes and be everything but perfect, why they don't accept her ?

-------
Diana chauffeur "staggering like a clown" - Yahoo! News UK

Last edited:
Seems we all have different opinions when it comes to how much their intellectual background affected their marriage but that's alright. Plus this is about Diana's inquest not her marriage.

while she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.

I just have one thing to say, didn't Diana too help make so many people aware of many problems going on around the world at that time not just Charles?

Last edited:
I wonder if Tiggy was ever aware of Charles intention to marry her! :ROFLMAO:

But Lucia Flecha da Lima, one of the witnesses at the inquest, told the jury she believed Mr Burrell was "perfectly capable" of imitating the princess's handwriting and that the letter was a fake

Whereas I certainly wouldn't put anything past Paul Burrell, who, in my opinion, is a highly equivocal 'gentleman', Diana did repeat this to her solicitor, too, according to reports which I've read.

As for Diana's belief that her husband wanted to marry Tiggy, I can only think that there was so much ill-will between the two that Diana became a touch paranoid. I remember, very clearly, reading that the difficulty was that Tiggy, quite inappropriately, constantly alluded to the young princes as 'my boys'. Indeed, so I believe, she was eventually asked to desist and to refer to them only as 'the princes' or 'their royal highnesses'. In this, I must say, I'm completely in sympathy with Diana. As I mother, I would be exceptionally peeved if anyone claimed proprietorship over my children. I wondered, too, at the time, why Tiggy felt so comfortable in being able to insinuate such familiarity.

I know a lot of people without a college or graduate degree that later in live were very sucessful. Bill Gates to name one. :flowers:
Nobody ever likened Bill Gates to a wooden top. Even teachers at his school said he was intelligent.
She did have nannies, but from what I read she was hands on with her children more then an royal before her. She even got jealous of one of her nannies and Tiggy over how to raise her two boys. Also, Diana worked her royal duties around her boys schedule.":flowers:
Diana fell out with all sorts of staff, apparently, especially anyone she thought might be usurping her 'best friend' position with the boys. Princess Anne was very hands on, so I think it a little unfair to say any royal before her. Certainly she was more hands on than the previous generation. :)

SHORTENED......In this, I must say, I'm completely in sympathy with Diana. As I mother, I would be exceptionally peeved if anyone claimed proprietorship over my children. I wondered, too, at the time, why Tiggy felt so comfortable in being able to insinuate such familiarity.
Having had nannies as a child and as a parent, for my children, I don't have a problem with it. Children are normally able to differentiate between the nannie and Mummy.

Tiggy's grandmother was a lady in waiting to HM, thus the ties of friendship went back some years.

Last edited:
She was in love with Charles. I don't think she ever thought he was worthless, I think she admired him

How do you know that? Did you see any signs that Diana loved Charles other than the fact that she agreed to marry him? She herself said she wanted to back out of the marriage before it happened but her sisters told her that her face was already on the tea towels. Does that sound like the sign of a woman in love?

What would there be in Charles for Diana to fall in love with if you compare him with the other men that Diana fell in love with. I think its fair to say she fell in love with James Hewitt and Will Carling and both were charming, dashing, personable men who could seduce women off their feet. If she wasn't in love with Dodi she was certainly attracted to Dodi and he had the aura of sweeping women off their feet. This was the type of man that Diana fell in love with and in the department of charms, Charles never could compete with the likes of James Hewitt and Will Carling.

You're right, Charles is not a good communicator. Even his best friends has said that he is well-meaning but he often fumbles for words and says the wrong thing at the wrong time. Yet for Diana who was an exceptional gifted communicator, don't you think its ironic that she ended up married with someone who definitely was not? For Charles was the only man Diana was linked to who was not a charming personality.

With Diana's attraction to charming, suave men, what would Charles have to offer her to sweep her off her feet? Only his title, the Prince of Wales. Himself personally, Charles would have nothing to offer to a woman who wants to be seduced and swept off her feet. He's not that type of man.

That didn't bother the women he dated previously. Lady Jane Wellesley once said that Charles called her up one night and romantically said that he was sitting in bed in his jammies thinking of her but then when they went out together at a dinner, he was so uncomfortable and awkward he was like a different person. It didn't bother her and they remained friends even after they broke up. And more importantly Jane didn't hook up with several dashing, charming men after she broke up with Charles.

I have nothing against charming, sauve men and nothing against Charles but putting Charles in a list that includes James Hewitt, Will Carling, and Dodi al-Fayed and its obvious which man sticks out like he doesnt' belong. Charles was the exception in Diana's life, he was not the type of man that she usually fell in love with and his intellectual pursuits did wear down on her self-esteem and make her feel dumb which was why she couldn't share in his scholarly hobbies.

I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!

How do you know that? Are you familiar with the degrees at Cambridge?

I think it is a real shame that they weren't encouraged to stay together because Diana would have been a wonderful consort for Charles.

Well if they were both willing to stay with a person who continually cut down their self-esteem then they might have hung together long enough to ascend the throne as King Charles and Queen Diana and give us the fairytale of the perfect royal couple. But what a sacrifice for the two of them to make. Charles made Diana feel dumb and uneducated. Diana made Charles feel awkward and out of touch. What a recipe for a disastrous life!

But if they had been able to endure all that and give us our fairytale, then I'm sure countless people would be happy (except two).

Having had nannies as a child and as a parent, for my children, I don't have a problem with it. Children are normally able to differentiate between the nannie and Mummy.

Tiggy's mother was a lady in waiting to HM, thus the ties of friendship went back some years.

Commenting thus, in public and to the press, is what I was alluding to. I thought it odd and overly-familiar. Still do.

About today's hearing so we learned Diana obviously knew about the Paris home and did not want to move in, we know she knew about atleast one ring cause she said she'd wear it on her right finger but was the other ring the supposed "engagement ring" and if it was did she know? Cause from what the daily mail reporter claims she didn't want to get married, but we do know she did see him as a serious relationship in the eyes of some but to some he was just a friend hmm intresting. Nice that we have so much confirmation that she wasn't pregnant of which we all obviously knew.

Last edited:
How do you know that? Did you see any signs that Diana loved Charles other than the fact that she agreed to marry him? She herself said she wanted to back out of the marriage before it happened but her sisters told her that her face was already on the tea towels. Does that sound like the sign of a woman in love?

And how could you know if Diana didn't love Charles? She wanted to back out of the marriage because of Charles' relationship with Camilla. She could've still loved him but realize that another woman was in his heart and that the marriage wasn't a good idea. IMO I think Diana thought she could've made Charles love her more then Camilla; and that was a very bad mistake.

While I am agreeing with many of the recent statements of ysbel, I will disagree about the statement that Diana probably did not love Charles. I have to agree with sirhon on that point. It sometimes happens that a young woman, naive and foolish, believes she can "win" a man's love with enough seduction and beauty and charm. And that even if he loves another, she can "win" him over. This is what I think happened with Diana. She was a foolish young girl and made a bad choice. But she did love Charles, I think.... or at least she thought she loved him, or loved him in her own unhealthy way.

What would there be in Charles for Diana to fall in love with if you compare him with the other men that Diana fell in love with. I think its fair to say she fell in love with James Hewitt and Will Carling and both were charming, dashing, personable men who could seduce women off their feet. If she wasn't in love with Dodi she was certainly attracted to Dodi and he had the aura of sweeping women off their feet. This was the type of man that Diana fell in love with and in the department of charms, Charles never could compete with the likes of James Hewitt and Will Carling.

Ysbel you forgot Dr. Kahn.(sp) All of Diana's closest friends have said at the inquest that she and Kahn were very much in love. I think he would be similar to Prince Charles in intellect and charm. Dr. Kahn I have read is very serious about his profession just like Charles is. He preferred to be with Diana at KP instead of going out, eat fried chicken and drink beer-sounds charming, boring just like Charles.:flowers:

You said in an early post that Princess Diana's teachers thought if she would apply herself she had the intellect. Diana was very interested in Kahn and learned about all medical things through reading books like Grey's Anatomy and watching Kahn in surgery. She did this to be on equal footing to talk and share with him.:flowers:

And how could you know if Diana didn't love Charles? She wanted to back out of the marriage because of Charles' relationship with Camilla. She could've still loved him but realize that another woman was in his heart and that the marriage wasn't a good idea. IMO I think Diana thought she could've made Charles love her more then Camilla; and that was a very bad mistake.

Sirhon11234 I agree with you totally because of all that I have read about Diana right before she married Charles.:flowers:

I will disagree about the statement that Diana probably did not love Charles. I have to agree with sirhon on that point. It sometimes happens that a young woman, naive and foolish, believes she can "win" a man's love with enough seduction and beauty and charm. And that even if he loves another, she can "win" him over. This is what I think happened with Diana. She was a foolish young girl and made a bad choice. But she did love Charles, I think.... or at least she thought she loved him, or loved him in her own unhealthy way.

Casiraghitrio I agree with totally with with your statement about Diana's love.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, which probably isn't very much, I strongly believe that as at October 31st, 1996, Diana's main focus, apart from her children, was Dr Hasnat Khan. I was always sorry that a consolidation of their relationship was not possible, for whatever reason.

If we can overlook the unedifying "War of the Wales'", then, for many reasons, Diana had a classically tragic life. It still makes me sad.

And where is your source that Diana never looked after her children?

I did not say that. I said that while she "prepared to dazzle" - that is while she shopped or went to the hairdresser, then directly before her appointments bathed, dressed and selected jewellery. Looking as Diana had always do takes an enormous amount of time - time she did not spent with her children.

Although we don't forget, do we, that the princes were away at boarding school for much of the time? When they were with her, their needs and interests were paramount, which few, so far as I know, would deny.

How do you know that? Did you see any signs that Diana loved Charles other than the fact that she agreed to marry him? She herself said she wanted to back out of the marriage before it happened but her sisters told her that her face was already on the tea towels. Does that sound like the sign of a woman in love? --SNIPPED--.
With Diana's attraction to charming, suave men, what would Charles have to offer her to sweep her off her feet? Only his title, the Prince of Wales. Himself personally, Charles would have nothing to offer to a woman who wants to be seduced and swept off her feet. He's not that type of man.
But if they had been able to endure all that and give us our fairytale, then I'm sure countless people would be happy (except two).
Your post really hits the nail on the head. Charles always came across as tongue tied and so aware of not saying the wrong thing. I have always believed that Diana fell in love with The Prince of Wales and was shocked to find that along with the title, came the man who owned it. :flowers:

If they had stayed together, the unhappiness would have destroyed both of them and their children, for what, to fulfill someone elses fantasy. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom