The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have every right to your own opinion about the relationship between Diana and Dodi, but one should not forget why all these information is made public, why all these people speak up now: to come to a solid conclusion if Diana and Dodi were one day from announcing their marriage plans to the world when they died. If not, then there is absolutely no motive for murder.

I have always thought, Jo of Palatine, that if it was murder it was because Princess Diana's champion getting rid of landmines. the Landmine cause was just getting rolling that last six months of her life and I truly believe the MI6 and CIA were keeping tabs on her.:flowers:

I think we have heard enough statements now to discard the notion Diana was pregnant and thus forced to marry Dodi. Now the question is: did she want to marry him anyway and right then, as Al-Fayed claims he has already been told this as a fact by Diana.

Jo of Palatine, the only bad thing that I could see Mr. al Fayed getting out of this is finally sticking it to the establishment that shun him. I do agree that some of his statements have proven to be lies, but as a parent he must have a gut feeling about it not being an accident. Could it be possible that the grief, but him over the edge mentally and he really in his heart might feel that people are out to get him and his family? But getting back to Princess Diana. I think Diana would have taken it slow, but might be married to Dodi now.:flowers:

For me, the "cufflinks"-letter does not speak of imminent marriage plans (at least I have never met someone who gave his new fiance cufflinks - Daddy-provenience nonewithstanding...): neither is the letter overly romantic or the gift a token of real love. I mean, I can understand why Diana would Dodi give cufflinks, be they a gift from her father or part in a made-up story of provenance. But I cannot believe that cufflinks are tokens of such a love that would make Diana getting rid of her name as a princess.
:ROFLMAO:

I think she was moving on after the divorce and wanted love and more children, so the title was getting to be irrelavant to her. She also wanted to be under Mr. Tony Blair an embasater for England, so to me that would be her new title.

Fo me, this letter, as it seems to be the best Al-Fayed can provide, is the clear proof that Diana and Dodi did not plan to get married. Maybe not yet, okay, but that's not important for the inquest. But without a proper motive - why should someone bother to create such a complicated and unreliable plan to kill Diana in a Paris underpass?[\quote]

Simply to me LANDMINES.

She had all kinds of strange healing or wellness procedures done to her - like enemas etc. I've a book here called "Deadly Doses" - a writer's guide to poisons by Serita Stevens. In it she describes not only the poisons and the way they work, but methods of administrations as well. Believe me, MI6 could have killed Diana by rectal administration anytime during one of these wellness applications without leaving traces that point to other reasons but natural ones (with a medical history of bulimia you have a much higher risk to die of a heart attack or collaps than others). So why bother with tunnels in France? Especially as she was not oing to get engaged to al-fayed jr. anytime soon, as Lady Annabel stated?

Was she doing those healing still? I thought she gave them up after she got over bulimia.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
You have every right to your own opinion about the relationship between Diana and Dodi, but one should not forget why all these information is made public, why all these people speak up now: to come to a solid conclusion if Diana and Dodi were one day from announcing their marriage plans to the world when they died. If not, then there is absolutely no motive for murder.

I think a lot of people including myself have discarded the real purpose of this inquest because it is ludicrous.

I don't think anyone in his right mind would think that Prince Philip commandeered Diana's death whether because she was pregnant, going to marry Dodi or any other farfetched reason. But be it that we have an inquest, these public proceedings are good means to find out a different perspective on some human relationships namely Prince Philip and Diana and Dodi and Diana.

But Diana's friends have maintained that she told them she was going to drop Dodi and the letter doesn't bear that out.

I don't care what the real reasons for the inquest is. I can take the evidence provided and make conclusions about something totally unrelated to the purpose of the proceedings.

That's is the side effect of a public proceeding. The public can make a lot more conclusions based on what is presented than what the original purpose of the proceedings intended. That's the danger of public proceedings if there is no real need for them.

I have always thought, Jo of Palatine, that if it was murder it was because Princess Diana's champion getting rid of landmines. the Landmine cause was just getting rolling that last six months of her life and I truly believe the MI6 and CIA were keeping tabs on her.:flowers:

I really doubt MI6 or the CIA or another "official" Secret Service would bother with activists against landmines in form of murder. It would have been much easier for them, if it was their purpose to discredit Diana, to let things just happen. Diana, activist against landmines, consorts in private with the nephew of Kashoggi. Now that's reason for a big laugh and with the right way of publicity against Diana it could have turned her into a laughingstock.

With the merchants in death it's a different thing. They could have had a motive on showing the "Kashoggi"-side who's the boss while doing away with the most prominent activist of that time. Mr. Al Fayed surely has had his reasons never to bring up these speculations in public...

But on't get me started on that... :flowers:

I really doubt MI6 or the CIA or another "official" Secret Service would bother with activists against landmines in form of murder. It would have been much easier for them, if it was their purpose to discredit Diana, to let things just happen. Diana, activist against landmines, consorts in private with the nephew of Kashoggi. Now that's reason for a big laugh and with the right way of publicity against Diana it could have turned her into a laughingstock.

This is true Jo. But Princess Diana always had a way to come back into the publics' good graces. (Just like in the United States with our Princess, Jackie O.) So to me she was a threat to two countries, that as far as I know did not want the ban on landmines to pass.:flowers:

With the merchants in death it's a different thing. They could have had a motive on showing the "Kashoggi"-side who's the boss while doing away with the most prominent activist of that time. Mr. Al Fayed surely has had his reasons never to bring up these speculations in public... But on't get me started on that... :flowers:

This is also true Jo. The merchants could have done it. Here in America we still hear about President Kennedy's assination. Was it our CIA and Mafia working together, Mafia alone, or Oswald alone? I will be curious and hope to be alive when Jackie's tape come out fifty years after her death.:flowers:

I am just watching this whole inquest and trying to see both sides as best I can. I think it is very interesting, and it must be terrible for princes and Mr al Fayed.:flowers:

georgiea said:
Was she doing those healing still? I thought she gave them up after she got over bulimia.:flowers:

1) I would say that one probably never "gets over" an eating disorder such as Diana experienced for the better part of her adult life. It's that she achieved a command over it and learned to "beat it" but I think it is similar, perhaps, to being an recovering alcoholic. You have command of the disease but it is always ........ I guess a part of your life, in a sense.
2) She always maintained various kinds of treatments, not for bulimia at all. What Jo meant, I think, is the kind of treatments she sought from London practitioners, such as homeopathy, deep tissue massage, and acupuncture.

I think a lot of people including myself have discarded the real purpose of this inquest because it is ludicrous.

I don't think anyone in his right mind would think that Prince Philip commandeered Diana's death whether because she was pregnant, going to marry Dodi or any other farfetched reason. But be it that we have an inquest, these public proceedings are good means to find out a different perspective on some human relationships namely Prince Philip and Diana and Dodi and Diana.

But Diana's friends have maintained that she told them she was going to drop Dodi and the letter doesn't bear that out.

I don't care what the real reasons for the inquest is. I can take the evidence provided and make conclusions about something totally unrelated to the purpose of the proceedings.

That's is the side effect of a public proceeding. The public can make a lot more conclusions based on what is presented than what the original purpose of the proceedings intended. That's the danger of public proceedings if there is no real need for them.

So totally true!:flowers:

1)
2) She always maintained various kinds of treatments, not for bulimia at all. What Jo meant, I think, is the kind of treatments she sought from London practitioners, such as homeopathy, deep tissue massage, and acupuncture.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you, Ashley.:flowers:
I talked to my mother-in-law (sometimes I wonder when I do work, but I do...) about it. She is a doctor in public service, responsible to view bodies before cremation to make sure the doctor of the deceased did not overlook murder... She said that with these kinds of treatments it can happen all the time. Allergic reactions are very common and it's close to impossible to find out if the histamine which caused the deadly allergy was produced by the body in reaction to the treatment or if it was applied by a third person. If there is a medical record of bulimia, you could forget to prove that the death wasn't natural as bulimia patients pay a tough toll when it comes to their immune system, allergies and health.

I gathered from her information that this is quite a safe method to get rid of divorced princesses. And she was so keen on meeting new people with new methods to improve her life! While OTOH Diana could have survived if she only had worn a safety belt on that fatal night...

Jo, I have read your recent posts here very closely and been wanting to point out that your point about MI6 is excellent.

You are right, and I have been thinking it for some time, that MI6 has (how can I say it) easy breezy assasination methods at its disposal, just like CIA and every other "sophisticated" (hate calling murder sophisticated) intelligence agency in the world. They have long since (and I mean decades) done away with car crashes, which were never effective. There are (I quote a character on Alias the TV show) "next gen next gen" methods. Like you suggested, something to insert discreetly in Diana's system, that will cause death and make it look like natural death, and these methods cannot be traced, ever MI6 and CIA murder people in such ways that we never know! I mean NEVER! If they had wanted Diana dead, they would have done it and we would never suspect. It would be so clean and look so "real", like Diana died of a freak medical cause.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you, Ashley.:flowers:
I talked to my mother-in-law (sometimes I wonder when I do work, but I do...) about it. She is a doctor in public service, responsible to view bodies before cremation to make sure the doctor of the deceased did not overlook murder... She said that with these kinds of treatments it can happen all the time. Allergic reactions are very common and it's close to impossible to find out if the histamine which caused the deadly allergy was produced by the body in reaction to the treatment or if it was applied by a third person. If there is a medical record of bulimia, you could forget to prove that the death wasn't natural as bulimia patients pay a tough toll when it comes to their immune system, allergies and health.

I gathered from her information that this is quite a safe method to get rid of divorced princesses. And she was so keen on meeting new people with new methods to improve her life! While OTOH Diana could have survived if she only had worn a safety belt on that fatal night...

Again guys, this is all true.

But, I still wonder from looking at the car - if she would have lived or been a vegetable? It is said that Prince Charles when he found out about the accident said he would have then taken care of her. If Princess Diana got hurt it could have silence her and her landmine cause or to be an Ambassdor for England.

What I asking Jo, was Diana taking those colon procedures after she took on that landmine cause? I think that is an important question for Jo's theory. I also think, Diana was asked by Tony Blair just before her death to be more involved with his government. This accident could be the first time secret forces could get to her. (I better start think of other things the Holidays are upon us!!! We could go on and on.):flowers:

Again guys, this is all true.

But, I still wonder from looking at the car - if she would have lived or been a vegetable? It is said that Prince Charles when he found out about the accident said he would have then taken care of her. If Princess Diana got hurt it could have silence her and her landmine cause or to be an Ambassdor for England.

What I asking Jo, was Diana taking those colon procedures after she took on that landmine cause? I think that is an important question for Jo's theory. I also think, Diana was asked by Tony Blair just before her death to be more involved with his government. This accident could be the first time secret forces could get to her. (I better start think of other things the Holidays are upon us!!! We could go on and on.):flowers:

I don't know but she still was into "healers" so it would have not been a problem to find somebody to introduce her to just the right "healer" with
sinister aims. IMHO. Just think of the healer who gave her report today at the inquest. She apparently was with Diana and Dodi thoughout the voyage on the Jonikal and went with them to Paris. So I have not doubt that it would have been easy to find a possibilty to kill Diana through her connection with such a "healer" and a very discreet way it would have been as well.

That's why I personally doubt there was a murder plot at all - everything happened in a strange but oh so unprofessional way.

I don't know but she still was into "healers" so it would have not been a problem to find somebody to introduce her to just the right "healer" with
sinister aims.

Perhaps.... but actually, MI6 and CIA, and like operatives, do not necessarily even resort to that kind of angle. They usually just plant their own undercover agents in force. Hiring out is generally ........ well, it's too risky. After all, CIA's motto is "Trust no one" and MI6, I am sure, has a similar policy. :D

For me, the "cufflinks"-letter does not speak of imminent marriage plans (at least I have never met someone who gave his new fiance cufflinks - Daddy-provenience nonewithstanding...): neither is the letter overly romantic or the gift a token of real love. I mean, I can understand why Diana would Dodi give cufflinks, be they a gift from her father or part in a made-up story of provenance. But I cannot believe that cufflinks are tokens of such a love that would make Diana getting rid of her name as a princess.
As you know, I agree with your statement. The letter is a run of the mill thank you note from Diana with a pair of old cufflinks thrown in to make him 'feel' special. Something I believe women from our 'class', here and in Germany have done for many years.
There are, as you say many different reliable ways to dispose of Diana, by MI5, MI6 or the CIA. Just look at Dr David Kelly's death!
AFAIK, Diana was still having enemas and injecting diuretics to help maintain her weight. Diana approached Blair to ask for a role but I believe he hoped she would 'get over it'.:flowers:

Perhaps.... but actually, MI6 and CIA, and like operatives, do not necessarily even resort to that kind of angle. They usually just plant their own undercover agents in force. Hiring out is generally ........ well, it's too risky. After all, CIA's motto is "Trust no one" and MI6, I am sure, has a similar policy. :D

Yes, CasiraghiTrio I do agree with above statement. But then my mind goes to last weeks questioning of Rosa Mockton (sp?), a close friend of Princess Diana. It came out that Rosa who made friends with Diana in 1992 has a close family relative in MI6 and that Diana did not know of that connection.

1992 was the year The House of Windsor had a lot of personal family problems and their standing with the British people went down. So could it be possible that MI6 were keeping tabs on Diana through the Rosa connection?:flowers:

An holistic healer has said she feared for her life when she was being driven by the same man who drove Diana, Princess of Wales to her death.

Diana Princess Of Wales Driver Henri Paul 'Like A Maniac' On Paris Roads |Sky News|UK News

Dodi Al Fayed's driver Henri Paul was a "maniac" behind the wheel, says a woman who was convinced she would die from his "reckless" driving through Paris

BBC NEWS | UK | Henri Paul was a 'maniac' driver

I don't know if it is the same everywhere concerning cab rides, but my cab ride in Milian, the driver said he was originally from New York City, we went on the sidewalk to get around and I thought that I was going to die!!! I also ride cabs in the big cities of the United States and I put my seat belt on because they drive so crazy. So to me the above relations our just typical of what to expect and not a big revelation.:flowers:

georgiea said:
It came out that Rosa who made friends with Diana in 1992 has a close family relative in MI6 and that Diana did not know of that connectionIt came out that Rosa who made friends with Diana in 1992 has a close family relative in MI6 and that Diana did not know of that connection.
1992 was the year The House of Windsor had a lot of personal family problems and their standing with the British people went down. So could it be possible that MI6 were keeping tabs on Diana through the Rosa connection
Members of the services are not know to tell or involve members of their family in operations. Why would Rosa tell Diana what a relative did for a living?
I don't know if it is the same everywhere concerning cab rides, but my cab ride in Milian, the driver said he was originally from New York City, we went on the sidewalk to get around and I thought that I was going to die!!! I also ride cabs in the big cities of the United States and I put my seat belt on because they drive so crazy. So to me the above relations our just typical of what to expect and not a big revelation.:flowers:
Black cabs may drive fast if taking you to the airport, but I have never felt in fear of my life. They normally stick to the rule of the road, even in London or Edinburgh.:flowers:

Last edited:
As you know, I agree with your statement. The letter is a run of the mill thank you note from Diana with a pair of old cufflinks thrown in to make him 'feel' special. Something I believe women from our 'class', here and in Germany have done for many years.

If it was a fling why make Dodi feel special?

There are, as you say many different reliable ways to dispose of Diana, by MI5, MI6 or the CIA. Just look at Dr David Kelly's death!

Can someone please refresh me on Dr. David Kelly's death.

AFAIK, Diana was still having enemas and injecting diuretics to help maintain her weight. Diana approached Blair to ask for a role but I believe he hoped she would 'get over it'.:flowers:

Does anyone know from reading if Mr. Blair was not going to ask Princess Diana an ambassorship role for Great Britain?

Black cabs may drive fast if taking you to the airport, but I have never felt in fear of my life. They normally stick to the rule of the road, even in London or Edinburgh.:flowers:

Skydragon, I don't know if you have been over here. But some of my cab rides in New York and Chicago have been very interesting getting through traffic. And I will always remember Milan, Italy.:flowers:

Yes, CasiraghiTrio I do agree with above statement. But then my mind goes to last weeks questioning of Rosa Mockton (sp?), a close friend of Princess Diana. It came out that Rosa who made friends with Diana in 1992 has a close family relative in MI6 and that Diana did not know of that connection.

1992 was the year The House of Windsor had a lot of personal family problems and their standing with the British people went down. So could it be possible that MI6 were keeping tabs on Diana through the Rosa connection?:flowers:

Maybe...... I mean, it's understood that MI6 and CIA both had files on Diana. But this is a different story than the conspiratorial murder theories. Furthermore, I'm not sure MI6 would need Rosa Monckton to penetrate Diana's inner sanctum. I'm not saying you are wrong. I mean, how can anyone know? It's impossible. It just seems to me that MI6 probably always had easier ways of spying on Diana's networks than going through Rosa Monckton.

Skydragon, I don't know if you have been over here. But some of my cab rides in New York and Chicago have been very interesting getting through traffic. And I will always remember Milan, Italy.:flowers:

Yeah, most NYC cabs seem to have no concept of curbs and road divisions. :lol: That's why when I'm in NYC I stick to the subways. It's cheaper anyway. :cool:

I have spent time in most of the main cities in a variety of coutries, including New York. :flowers:
If it was a fling why make Dodi feel special?
It is always the aim to make a host or friend feel special.

Last edited:

Yeah, sure.... From the article:

"Many of us, I think, feel embarrassed to be presented each morning at the breakfast table with yet another rich dish of lovers' tittle-tattle and lunatic speculation.
But this is certainly no fault of newspapers - and the BBC - which are merely reporting court proceedings."

I wonder how a journalist working for the Dirty Mail is able to talk of "us" when it comes to "feel embarrassed to be presented each morning at the breakfast table with yet another rich dish of lovers' tittle-tattle and lunatic speculation." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And while it really is this time "no fault" of the media, the fact that there is the exact same amount of "lover's tittle-tattle" when it comes to William and Catherine or Harry and Chelsy, even though there is no inquest going on in their lifes, tells enough about a media culture who has to celebrate that once, only once in their life they are doing their journalistic duty on reporting the most intimate details of the inquest's hearing. :bang::bang:

Diana and the Prince of Wales had been legally separated since 1992, and divorced since 1996. Why would she care about Charles throwing a party for Camilla's birthday in 1997?
Lucia Flecha de Lima may well be correct, but I don't see the logic in Diana flinging herself at Dodi as a game of one-upmanship or as revenge for a birthday party.

Diana probably couldn't bare not being the centre of attention. Like many ex's she probably thought she was entitled to have what she wanted taken into consideration. If Camilla was becoming accepted, where would that leave Diana.

I also noted that Lucia said - "Diana also fantasised about being a "middle-class princess" and living an ordinary life with her previous lover, heart surgeon Hasnat Khan, the inquest was told." - by living with Hasnat, she wouldn't lose the princess title, which is another reason I doubt it was her intention to marry Dodi.

Last edited:
Diana and the Prince of Wales had been legally separated since 1992, and divorced since 1996. Why would she care about Charles throwing a party for Camilla's birthday in 1997?
Lucia Flecha de Lima may well be correct, but I don't see the logic in Diana flinging herself at Dodi as a game of one-upmanship or as revenge for a birthday party.

But then you're no woman.... ;)
Why would she care? I think it is really hurtful to see how fast her ex has found new happiness when she has not. Diana was very fixed on her medial image. She was IMHO competitive, too (just remember the Squidgygate-transcript). To read that Charles was happily ensconed in a relationship while she appeared to be suffering was surely not to her liking. There have been a lot of people claiming that Diana in a way was instrumental to the enormous media coverage of her relationship with Dodi on informing the media and I believe it was her competitiveness that led her to do it. She knew that she was more beautiful and had a better public image than Camilla. And she wanted the world to never forget that. IMHO, of course.

I really wonder what would have happened had Charles married Camilla while Diana was still alive. What would she have done? I don't believe for a moment she could have stood that. And to sit one day in a church as the mother of the groom on a Royal wedding while on the Royal benches HRH or even HM Camilla would be sitting - I don't think she could have stomached that thought. So, yes, IMHO she did what she could to see to it that she was domineering the media whenever Charles would dare going public with Camilla. I don't believe either that she was about to become a "friend" of Charles, but I guess using his friendliness and the fact that as a gentleman he would probably never let her down as she was the mother of his sons was reason enough for her to cultivate her relationship with the prince. He was her key back into the establishment. And she could be sure that Charles would not be annoyed if she appeared to be newly in love and focus of the media as she probably had realised that Charles
a) would be happy for her as he was happy himself
b) would be nicer towards her as he probably felt that the gap between them was going to become smaller.
So she could have both: her revenge through upstaging Camilla while at the same time getting into a better realtionship with Charles. For I sincerely doubt that Charles was able to understand the extent of her media manipulation skills - if Charles had an idea how that worked he would not have gotten into so many scrapes himself and selected other people to run his PR machinery.

While Camilla IMHO understands much more about that but I doubt she would ever have told Charles anything about it - she has been too intelligent and knowledgeable about the world to try to influence Charles against Diana after she had won. Whatever her personal feelings might have been, IMHO Camilla would never have given Charles the feeling that he was caught between two heavy stones. Her strength always was that she was different, a real friend for Charles, there for him even though she was personally involved. That's why I'm sure it was him who wanted to marry her, not her harbouring the wish to become his future queen. But that's something for another thread. ;)

But here's the flaw: if Lucia Flecha de Lima is correct in stating that Diana was attempting to upstage Camilla (and/or her birthday party), then she is inferring that Diana was merely using Dodi as a tool to draw media attention to herself.

The delicious irony, if the above is the case, is that Mohammed Al Fayed was using Diana for his purposes, while Diana was using his son for hers. Messy, isn't it? Poor Dodi!

But here's the flaw: if Lucia Flecha de Lima is correct in stating that Diana was attempting to upstage Camilla (and/or her birthday party), then she is inferring that Diana was merely using Dodi as a tool to draw media attention to herself.

The delicious irony, if the above is the case, is that Mohammed Al Fayed was using Diana for his purposes, while Diana was using his son for hers. Messy, isn't it? Poor Dodi!

So true ! Don't forget that he also had to drop Kelly Fisher ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom