The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no guarantee that anyone would die in a car crash, if the "Establishment" was banking on that fact. I believe that no matter how much money is spent, no matter who testifies, and absolutely whatever conclusions are made public-the truth will never surface, ever. It's obvious people involved have their own reasons for telling their stories whether it's false or true. We will never know-theories still abound about President Kennedy over 40 years later-the same will happen with this.

I think that Diana would have been in shock and just babbling or screaming in general, not that she would have been aware of Dodi's injuries.
With the injuries one might expect from a high speed crash, into a solid object, (her earring was embedded in the dash), it would have been a miracle if she could say anything. In a situation like that, the noises people alledge to have heard, were probably just her trying to draw a breath.

The reports that Dodi told people that he intended getting married soon, do not mean he was going to marry Diana. I would seriously doubt any 'statement' from an employee (past or present) of Mr Fayed.

Diana would, IMO, never have considered giving up her title to marry someone on such a short acquaintance.

Last edited:
This Inquest is such a bore, and a waste of time, space, and money. I have no interest in it whatsoever. At the beginning I followed a little bit, just from idle curiosity, and quickly saw it was just pointless. Now I am increasingly angry about it. I am angry mostly on account of Prince Philip's good name continually dragged in the mud. It stinks that his private secretary has to waste his valuable time testifying for this stupid Inquest. As if Prince Philip's top aide doesn't have enough important things to do........ :bang:

Well there were paparazzi following and they were going through I assume a busy tunnel so had I guess it been planned they would have known someone would see something I suppose but really what other way could they have done it as to not been known? And can't you test these things to make sure they work? As for the whole engagement thing I don't think anyone can really be sure what Diana would have picked had Dodi asked to marry her. I wouldn't trust anyone who says Diana spoke most of those who did reveal that she spoke admitted they didn't understand her cause the obviously spoke a different language well sans the bodyguard but I don't trust him either just cause of the whole he lost his memory problem.

I can't see why they would want Raine there (no longer even The Dowager Countess Spencer after she remarried), she is a very 'close' friend of Fayed and surprise, surprise, a director of Harrods!

As for Trevor Rees, the paper has already told us exactly what he is going to say, so he can stay at home!:rolleyes:

Well, Raine was close to Diana at the end so it sort of makes sense.

Well, Raine was close to Diana at the end so it sort of makes sense.
I doubt they were as close as Raine would like everyone to believe. Diana only met up with her to turn the knife in her mothers back, IMO. Are they suggesting that IF Diana was pregnant she would phone Raine before her sons, or IF she was marrying Dodi she would have been the first to know? If they get Raine started on Di's paranoia, as you know, she will be there until next year. I really can't see what Raine can say about anything pertinent to the crash or Diana's death.

What I think people are missing is that the jury will want to consider Diana's mental state at the time of her death, who her friends were, what her relationship with family and former partners was like, how she was recieved by the Royal Family etc etc. It all goes to form a picture of the person Diana was when she died and though that makes no difference to the crash itself, it will prove or disprove the conspiracy theories that have been flying about. In this inquest, we're seeing every single claim looked into so that the final verdict will be the final one. There won't be any 'ifs' or 'buts', every minute detail will have been examined and there'll never be a need for another inquest. More importantly, it will shut Al-Fayed up and draw a line under a tragedy. It's costing us a fortune, they may as well do it properly.

Raine could give an insight into Diana's personality which may then give the jury a clearer idea of how likely a marriage was etc. Every little helps.

There was no guarantee that anyone would die in a car crash, if the "Establishment" was banking on that fact. I believe that no matter how much money is spent, no matter who testifies, and absolutely whatever conclusions are made public-the truth will never surface, ever. It's obvious people involved have their own reasons for telling their stories whether it's false or true. We will never know-theories still abound about President Kennedy over 40 years later-the same will happen with this.

I agree...

Even if it is truly a tragic chain of events, there will always be the conspiracy theories and the unanswered questions...and that is not fair to the loved ones, including Mr. Al-Fayed.

Yet I truly personally believe the truth of Diana's death is somewhere in her life...

What I think people are missing is that the jury will want to consider Diana's mental state at the time of her death, who her friends were, what her relationship with family and former partners was like, how she was recieved by the Royal Family etc etc. It all goes to form a picture of the person Diana was when she died and though that makes no difference to the crash itself, it will prove or disprove the conspiracy theories that have been flying about......
Surely her state of mind, past arguments and feelings had nothing to do with the crash. The coroner seems to have forgotten that an inquest is to determine the cause of death based on facts. Not on what someone may or may not have intended, said or written. Has anyone proved there was a bright flash in the tunnel that was nothing to do with photographers. Has it been proven that the alcohol laden sample of blood belonged to anyone other than the driver?
Raine could give an insight into Diana's personality which may then give the jury a clearer idea of how likely a marriage was etc. Every little helps.
What difference would that make though. The jeweller now says Dodi ordered the ring and told him they were getting married 3 weeks before the crash (or so I heard). At the time of her death (3 weeks after Dodi supposedly ordered the ring), according to the 'expert' who testified, Diana's womb and ovaries showed no sign of a pregnancy and he would be able to tell if she was more than 3 weeks pregnant, so that pushes the pregnancy theory out. If it had been such a problem her marrying a muslim, how much easier to arrange an accident when she was courting Hasnet.

This will never, never end, Fayed won't let it, nor I suspect will the theorists.:rolleyes:

I realise it's about a death but as I said before - this inquest is intended to show rumours and conspiracy theories to be untrue. To do that, each one has to be gone into in detail and disproved by the testimony of those who knew her. Sounds logical to me.

I realise it's about a death but as I said before - this inquest is intended to show rumours and conspiracy theories to be untrue. To do that, each one has to be gone into in detail and disproved by the testimony of those who knew her. Sounds logical to me.
I do understand your logic, I just feel that all this is such a waste of our money. :bang:

I totally agree. But now we've bought the motorbike we may as well buy the side car, otherwise we'll have to shell out another fortune in 10 years time.

WTH, I'll pretend.......... fine, I subscribe to the Lord Lucan theory in that case. Why not? If pigs can fly, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:pigsfly:

No wonder we'll never know the real story they keep changing it all the time! Logically the actual crash given the details we know could have been caused either way. Then again everyone's version of what they saw is different but still. Some may say they can't determine that death would 100% occur but can't they test these things before hand? I mean there must be people who specialize in things like that. But I mean the rest of this story is messed up even with the Operation Pagat. From the ring to the pregnancy to the day of the crash even to the details of the driver's state when they left the hotel. Well IMO and I've read the Operation Pagat inquiry.

This "inquest" should be about the cause of death, the mathematics, the physics, the trajectory, the impact of the white car and the impact of the 13th pillar, the possibility of the car having brake problems since it was alledged to have been rebuilt, the forensic data of the driver, the medical data from the minute Diana was in the ambulance, etc.

This "inquest" has become a trial, a soap opera and The Warren Commision all in one sordid, long, boring hearing....but I am following it all with a fine tooth comb...

One minute diana and dodi are picking out the ring then it's the assistant to ritz president and dodi. sounds like mr. repossi might be in MAF's pocket???
The jeweller's changing stories were detailed in the Paget report. No surprise there!

Come on! What is the opinion of a waiter compared to the results of blood tests (which have been proven to have been from Henri Paul, due to DNA analysis). I once worked as a student in gastronomy and I could have shown you endless numbers of waiters, bartenders and other people professionally connected (including myself) who appeared completely sober but have had drunk enough to make them unable to drive in a dangerous situation. I highlight that here because I have myself experienced more than once that I was able to drive home along a route known to me as long as everything was okay - but when something suddenly happened it was sheer luck there was no accident. And I don't drive a Mercedes unknown to me on these occasions but my own, reliable car!

So I believe that it happened as Operation Paget says: the Mercedes collided with the white Uno and Henri Paul, due to his well concealed drunkenness plus amounts of adrenalin from the "hunt" in his blood lost control of the car.

In addition I think Diana was equally thrilled/annoyed by the paparazzi hunt or trying to soothe an angry Dodi, so she decided not to wear her seatbelt, so she was able to be closer to Dodi and/or watch the "hunt" on looking out of the rear window.

That behaviour added up and the accident happened. IMHO, of course.

A typical headline from the Di Express, as one might expect. I think I would rather put my belief in the blood tests, rather than a waiter! :rolleyes: I wonder if we will see a headline from them - Driver was drunk according to blood tests!:rolleyes:

These excerpts are taken from two of the articles posted above, one says
Countess Spencer, whose relations with Diana were strained, according to media reports - and the other "It was at that moment that I felt it was highly likely that she and Dodi would get engaged and then married," she said". The later is definitely a Barbara Cartland moment! It has no place in an inquest because people will not realise that is not related to anything other than Raines romantic ideals. At no point is it even suggested that Diana said or intimated that she was likely to marry Fayed.

A typical headline from the Di Express, as one might expect. I think I would rather put my belief in the blood tests, rather than a waiter! :rolleyes: I wonder if we will see a headline from them - Driver was drunk according to blood tests!:rolleyes:

These excerpts are taken from two of the articles posted above, one says
Countess Spencer, whose relations with Diana were strained, according to media reports - and the other "It was at that moment that I felt it was highly likely that she and Dodi would get engaged and then married," she said". The later is definitely a Barbara Cartland moment! It has no place in an inquest because people will not realise that is not related to anything other than Raines romantic ideals. At no point is it even suggested that Diana said or intimated that she was likely to marry Fayed.

She was questioned about this further at the inquest as follows.
Question: Now you have said that you formed the impression that they would in due course get married. Was that something the Princess herself said or is this a close friend divining what is likely to happen from the tone and nature of what has been said?
Raine's answer: I think you put it beautifully, sir. I think it is more a close friend divining. Diana would never have said.

OK, I know it's a serious business but who doesn't want to adopt Raine Spencer? Speaking as someone who's met her, she's truly fascinating. Her testimony was so Barbara Cartland she could have been channeling. Gotta love Raine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom