The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know the feeling. I hate when people suddenly attack you just because they think differently. It's foolish of them to refuse another point of vue, they should know that having a balanced opinion, especially when talking about Diana or Camilla, is much more mature than staying on their positions, denying everything that can damage their venerated idol.
I do believe that the Mods here on this board really strive to keep things civil and I do appreciate that!

My my, Mr. Rat certainly looks like a rodent doesn't he?

I do believe that the Mods here on this board really strive to keep things civil and I do appreciate that!

My my, Mr. Rat certainly looks like a rodent doesn't he?

Lol. We had the "Love Rat" with Hewitt and now we have the "Death-Picture Rat" (and note that the name fits perfectly). As I find Mr. Hewitt's publications quite hurtful, I'm horrified that someone could sell a picture of a lying-almost dying-princess on the floor of a crashed car.

Lol. We had the "Love Rat" with Hewitt and now we have the "Death-Picture Rat" (and note that the name fits perfectly). As I find Mr. Hewitt's publications quite hurtful, I'm horrified that someone could sell a picture of a lying-almost dying-princess on the floor of a crashed car.
Agreed. In stead of helping, they want to snap pictures. Some people are soulless.

Agreed. In stead of helping, they want to snap pictures. Some people are soulless.

Totally. I remember an interview where he said he had touched her to see if she was still alive and that she had moved. It's perhaps him or his motorcycle driver who has yelled :"She's alive!". They were so obsessed by Diana that they forgot the most important, respect. In this job (if you can call it a 'job' ...) there's no pity, no limits and her death illustrated it so well.

Last edited:
There are some things I wouldn't do for money. Papparazzi is one.
Being a contestant on "Survivor" or another "Reality TV" show is another.

There are some things I wouldn't do for money. Papparazzi is one.
Being a contestant on "Survivor" or another "Reality TV" show is another.

Lol, just thinking about it scares me :D. I agree with people who qualify a camera as a weapon. They don't realise the suffering they cause to people.

Last edited:
What is not understood by me is why wasn't Diana and the other occupants of the car removed immediately due to the fact a crashed vehicle is potentially an explosion hazard. I have rarely seen a severe car accident without both an ambulance and fire truck present.

And how can her last words have been heard so completely when the car horn was jammed in a constant blare?

Did the barristers forsee the reluctance of the paparazzi's testimony? Somehow this inquest is not as smooth as was promised....

Last edited:
What is not understood by me is why wasn't Diana and the other occupants of the car removed immediately due to the fact a crashed vehicle is potentially an explosion hazard. I have rarely seen a severe car accident without both an ambulance and fire truck present.

And how can her last words have been heard so completely when the car horn was jammed in a constant blare?

Did the barristers forsee the reluctance of the paparazzi's testimony? Somehow this inquest is not as smooth as was promised....

Yes, I agree with you on this last point. As for the explosion hazard, I think that when the car isn't turned over, there's very few chances that it could take fire or explose ... But yes, it's strange. The horn could have been disabled by removing the car battery although it would have been unreal to think about it when people were, at the same moment, dying.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with you on this last point. As for the explosion hazard, I think that when the car isn't turned over, there's very few chances that it could take fire or explose ... But yes, it's strange. The horn could have been disabled by removing the car battery although it would have been unreal to think about it when people were, at the same moment, dying.
In most countries now, the idea is that unless the vehicle is in danger of catching fire, you do more harm than good moving people that may have serious back and neck injuries. They probably decided to wait for the firemen and ambulance crews to extricate her.

With any damage to the engine and a working battery to cause a spark (as evidenced with the car horn) there is always a threat of an explosion.

still a difference in emergency care methods

In most countries now, the idea is that unless the vehicle is in danger of catching fire, you do more harm than good moving people that may have serious back and neck injuries. They probably decided to wait for the firemen and ambulance crews to extricate her.

In the US the main procedure is to "scoop and run" using back-boards, braces and other stabilizing equipment to get the injured party to a trauma center for immediate attention. According to many doctors interviewed at the time of the crash it seemed the method in France was to try to stabilize the patient in the field prior to transport. The problem was that other than a few surface scrapes or bruises there didn't appear to be an immediate threat for Diana. If they had been able to get her to a trauma center and run diagnostics then the internal bleeding could have been repaired quicker with a better chance for success.
HOWEVER, even with immediate care there still could have been a chance that she would have bled out too quickly to recover from the shock. Speculation as to which method would have been better doesn't change the results.
Still doesn't excuse the BAD behavior with paparazzi jockeying for the best camera angle just to make money.

PS--my father is a retired surgeon who did his residency at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in Louisiana. Dr. Alton Ochsner was interviewed at the time of the accident stating how trauma procedures in the US and France were different. He was a pioneer of the scoop and run technique which is now the more standard protocol here but even he couldn't say whether immediate treatment could have saved her in this case. I am not blaming the French medical team here; they did all they could but depending on the circumstances it could have been a losing battle regardless.

Last edited:
(edited by skydragon).....In the US the main procedure is to "scoop and run" using back-boards, braces and other stabilizing equipment to get the injured party to a trauma center for immediate attention........
......HOWEVER, even with immediate care there still could have been a chance that she would have bled out too quickly to recover from the shock. Speculation as to which method would have been better doesn't change the results.
Still doesn't excuse the BAD behavior with paparazzi jockeying for the best camera angle just to make money.
I have no idea which method is best, but we are talking 10 years ago, it is only relatively recently that the UK has introduced trauma teams to go out with the ambulances (even then not all of them). I believe the French medical staff did all they possibly could to save her life and for that, even though she died, they should be thanked for trying.

As you say, it does not excuse the disgusting behaviour of the paparazzi. :flowers:

I have no idea which method is best, but we are talking 10 years ago, it is only relatively recently that the UK has introduced trauma teams to go out with the ambulances (even then not all of them). I believe the French medical staff did all they possibly could to save her life and for that, even though she died, they should be thanked for trying.

As you say, it does not excuse the disgusting behaviour of the paparazzi. :flowers:

Skydragon-I truly agree in what you have said above.:flowers:

My sister is an Emergency Room doctor at Bellvue in NYC. She says that Diana's only chance was to get to an operating room asap to crack her chest and repair the tear. The closed chest compressions actually did more damage than good. The lesion had to be lying closed or Diana would have bled out immediately. By doing CPR they were causing more internal bleeding than if they had just scooped and run. Sister dear says Diana might have lived had she gotten to a surgeon right away.

My sister is an Emergency Room doctor at Bellvue in NYC. She says that Diana's only chance was to get to an operating room asap to crack her chest and repair the tear. The closed chest compressions actually did more damage than good. The lesion had to be lying closed or Diana would have bled out immediately. By doing CPR they were causing more internal bleeding than if they had just scooped and run. Sister dear says Diana might have lived had she gotten to a surgeon right away.
That is absolutely tragic for everyone to hear, but so much worse for her son's.

The staff who tried to save her did all they could, with the facilities and knowledge that were available to them at the time. :flowers:

hidden injuries

I'm sure your sister can come up with many examples of obvious injuries that appear to be mortal but patients pull through but then let someone with no obvious injury come in from an accident and not make it due to internal bleeding or clots. My dad used to tell me all kinds of bizarre cases like that when I was small. However, I do not want to drift off-topic with details.
I agree with Skydragon that the paramedics did what they thought was right. Hindsight is 20/20, it appears that it would have been better to get her into a facility where they could have found and repaired the injury but we don't know if that would have been enough.

Al FAyed behind this pregnancy rumor circulating yet again. Really! That man is beyond the pale!

Its so sad to hear that, but the paramedics did do all that they could and what they thought was right.

You know, I normally don't wish ill of people, but I really hope his Karma comes back and bites him in the arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom