Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who on earth is Nick Leeson and what is a Nick Leeson Act.

Erm - Thomas -

Attachments

• googlefriend.gif
    googlefriend.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 210
This affair looks like the X-files conspiracy. Maybe the little green men did it :beamup: ? Unless someone breaks the silence, we will never know the truth even in 20 years (if truth there is) ...

TheTruth said:
This affair looks like the X-files conspiracy. Maybe the little green men did it :beamup: ? Unless someone breaks the silence, we will never know the truth even in 20 years (if truth there is) ...

But, again, "truth" is subject to individual perception. You may feel you will never know the truth-some people feel they already do. :)

One of the things that I think has poured fuel on the fire is the (depending on your viewpoint) co-incidence or 'co-incidence' of the fact that she had written (by hand) of her suspicion that a car accident was being planned for her leaving P Charles open to marry his lady. The fact is that within one year of writing that note she died in a car accident and p Charles has since married his lady. That kind of thing whether co-incidence or not is going to fuel conspiracy theories right or wrong. I also think that one of the reasons this has been boiling along for so long is the delay in the inquest. If the matter had been dealt with sometime earlier in the last decade, this would have been put to bed one way or the other and would not still be such a topic of debate. Just my 2cents.

Scooter, take this for what it's worth (not much) because the source of the following is Ingrid Seward, who writes without sourcing her statements, so the buck stops there and that's it. ;) But according to her, she writes in The Queen and Di that Diana told her (in a face-to-face conversation, apparently, just days before Diana's death) that Diana did at one time have paranoias about someone or some people trying to assasinate her, but according to Seward, Diana said that by the time of her conversation with Seward, those paranoias had vanished. Seward claims that Diana (possibly on some good medication?!:lol: ) had let go of all of her past paranoias and no longer believed anyone was trying to murder her. Who knows?
Like I said, maybe she was just on some realy good anti-paranoia meds? Or she matured? Or a combination of both?
I dunno..... It's Seward, so take with a grain of salt.... ;)

scooter said:
One of the things that I think has poured fuel on the fire is the (depending on your viewpoint) co-incidence or 'co-incidence' of the fact that she had written (by hand) of her suspicion that a car accident was being planned for her leaving P Charles open to marry his lady. The fact is that within one year of writing that note she died in a car accident and p Charles has since married his lady. That kind of thing whether co-incidence or not is going to fuel conspiracy theories right or wrong. I also think that one of the reasons this has been boiling along for so long is the delay in the inquest. If the matter had been dealt with sometime earlier in the last decade, this would have been put to bed one way or the other and would not still be such a topic of debate. Just my 2cents.
Ah, but we don't really know that it was within one year, do we? Paul Burrell claims she wrote that undated note in October, 1996-but, in the note, she refers to Prince Charles as "my husband", which he no longer was. Christopher Andersen now claims the note was written in February, 1997. Again, same objection.

It's entirely possible that Diana wrote that note in 1995, during the same period that Martin Bashir was feeding her paranoia with tales of conspiracies against her, in order to gain her cooperation for what became the Panorama interview. Her mind set, in the note, reflects that 1995 period more than late 1996, when she was having a happy relationship with Hasnat Khan and her paranoia was not so acute.

Look maybe it wasnt within/before 365 days of her death, but even if it were 500 days etc that does not change the fact that it strains the boundries of co incidence (or 'co incidence' depending on your viewpoint) that she happened to die in the exact way that she wrote about. And that her second point about it being so that P charles could marry C which he has done subsequently. I'm not saying this is the written in stone fact. i'm just saying that this is one of the major fuels to the fire. And again, if the inquiry had not been delayed for so long this would have been put to bed long ago. Mostly I feel so sorry fo her 2 boys hat lost their mother at such a tough age entering adolescence. Thats not easy even if mommy isnt princess diana

Well. she also said that Prince Charles was planning to have both her and Camilla put aside so he could marry Tiggy Legge Bourke. Diana's astrologers also 'predicted' Charles' death numerous times. Sorry, but I just don't put that much stock in the undated note. The timing of the note IS important, since Diana's paranoia was at its height in 1995.

Last edited:
Sassie got in first, but Scooter, if you are going to raise "the note" as evidence of a conspiracy you should be less selective and quote the entire note and not just part of it.
As first revealed in the Paget Report, Diana claimed that both she and Camilla were going to be bumped off by Charles so he could marry none other than Tiggy Legge-Bourke.

Rather than revealing a startling conspiracy, it reflects more on the state of Diana's mind and her paranoia of Tiggy, and is best left as a footnote.

Speaking generally, part of the problem with many of these theories is that they are based on selective quotes, inaccurate information and ignorance or disregard of the available evidence. Packaged as a "conspiracy", they are spread across the internet and repeated as fact. Earlier parts of this thread provide plenty of examples. :sad:

Last edited:
Warren said:
Sassie got in first, but Scooter, if you are going to raise "the note" as evidence of a conspiracy you should be less selective and quote the entire note and not just part of it.
As first revealed in the Paget Report, Diana claimed that both she and Camilla were going to be bumped off by Charles so he could marry none other than Tiggy Legge-Bourke.

Rather than revealing a startling conspiracy, it reflects more on the state of Diana's mind and her paranoia of Tiggy, and is best left as a footnote.

Speaking generally, part of the problem with many of these theories is that they are based on selective quotes, inaccurate information and ignorance or disregard of the available evidence. Packaged as a "conspiracy", they are spread across the internet and repeated as fact. Earlier parts of this thread provide plenty of examples. :sad:

I'm not trying to quote the note as proof of anything. My point is had she written that someone was planning to kill her by having her eaten by piranhas so that P charles could marry Vladimir Putins' daughter and by coincidence one year later she was eaten by piranhas and he subsequently married ms putin the very coincidence is going to fuel conspiracy rumors. thats all. I'm not suggesting that P Charles went to the pet store and bought piranhas!:)
By the way like my analogy for papparazzi=piranhas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think more people are going to watch the tv programme because of the princes objections. So their action backfired.

scooter said:
I'm not trying to quote the note as proof of anything. My point is had she written that someone was planning to kill her by having her eaten by piranhas so that P charles could marry Vladimir Putins' daughter and by coincidence one year later she was eaten by piranhas and he subsequently married ms putin the very coincidence is going to fuel conspiracy rumors. thats all.
But the note didn't say she was going to be killed and Charles marry Camilla, the note Diana wrote said both she and Camilla were going to be killed and Charles was going to marry Tiggy.

Camilla didn't die and he didn't marry Tiggy, so there is no coincidence! :rolleyes:

susan alicia said:
I think more people are going to watch the tv programme because of the princes objections. So their action backfired.

Which they probably expected.

They are caught between the damned and the damning. If they don't make a statement, then they are criticized by press and public for not standing up for their mother. If they do make a statement, it doesn't change anything.

They chose to stand up for their mother.

you are quite probably right

sassie said:
Which they probably expected.

They are caught between the damned and the damning. If they don't make a statement, then they are criticized by press and public for not standing up for their mother. If they do make a statement, it doesn't change anything.

They chose to stand up for their mother.

susan alicia said:
Probably, but for once I believe they would have been wrong to bow to the wants of a select few. How much better if the princes had been eloquently silent!

Most people who have seen a preview have said the programme serves a purpose and is very good. Ch4 has said that the press headlines are wrong and plainly exaggerated, by people who have not seen the programme.

First hearing for new Diana coroner

The new coroner for the Diana, Princess of Wales inquest is due to hold his first preliminary hearing in the case

First hearing for new Diana coroner - Yahoo! News UK

Hearing due before Diana inquest

A preliminary hearing is due to be held to prepare the way for a full inquest into the deaths of Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed.

BBC NEWS | UK | Hearing due before Diana inquest

Princess Diana coroner vows speedy inquiry

The new judge overseeing the official British probe into the death of Princess Diana almost 10 years ago vowed on Wednesday that his inquiry would be open and fair, but above all speedy.

Princess Diana coroner vows speedy inquiry - Yahoo! News UK

He has forgotten one thing in the way of a quick inquest - Fayed. :D

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
First hearing for new Diana coroner

He has forgotten one thing in the way of a quick inquest - Fayed. :D

You are right !;) Mr. Al Fayed is very set on the conspiracy theory!He's angry about his son's death,and is it possible that he's angry because he couldn't get British citizenship? I don't see him giving up easily.

misselle said:
You are right !;) Mr. Al Fayed is very set on the conspiracy theory!He's angry about his son's death,and is it possible that he's angry because he couldn't get British citizenship? I don't see him giving up easily.

At this point a contributing factor could be that after all this time he knows what he has said and done have made him look riduculous and stupid in the eyes of most people and that only a "victory" will validate him.

New coroner takes over Diana case

The new coroner for the inquest into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, has taken charge of the case in court, initially banning the media from reporting details of evidence which might go before a jury.

New coroner takes over Diana case - Yahoo! News UK

Here we go again.......

"He made a temporary order, prohibiting the reporting of details of evidence that might, or might not, go before the inquest jury. But later lifted the gag following opposition from lawyers including Michael Mansfield QC, representing Mohamed al Fayed, whose son Dodi was killed alongside the Princess"

I'm not too convinced by the Daily Express. IMO, it's everything else than a reliable and objective newspaper (what a minute, it's not a newspaper, it's a tabloid :rolleyes:). Check out on wikipedia : Daily Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Daily Express is always pleading for the assassination theorie, the sensational thing = £££££££ ....

The Daily Express & Mohamed Al Fayed

from Wikipedia [my bolding]:
The Daily Express has a reputation for consistently printing conspiracy theories based on the death of Princess Diana as front page news; this is often satirised in Private Eye and the newspaper is joked as being called the Diana Express or the Di'ly Express (possibly due to owner and publisher Richard Desmond's close friendship with Mohamed Al Fayed). Even on July 7 2006, the anniversary of the London bombings (used by most other newspapers to publish commemorations) the front page was given over to Diana.

That article, like so many of the conspiracy articles and other tabloid hatchet jobs, uses a clever juxtaposition of fairly bland statements by officials and unsupported allegations by "a source." If you aren't reading carefully, you could come away with the impression that this judge or that commissioner had been speaking off the record about all these alleged inconsistencies and motivations because the two are right next to each other and it's very easy to miss the change from "Judge Whosit has made a statement to the effect" to "the source said." These writers should be ashamed at this sort of misleading reporting, but of course they won't be, since that's the whole point of these articles.

Hatchet job and Mohamed Al Fayed = same fight. The first doesn't want to admitt the involvement of paparazzi, the second refuses to face the truth : Henri Paul = his employee :rolleyes: :bang:. The two work hand in hand :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom