Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Diana Dying Photos

I was just wondering if anyone would like to voice their opinions about the photos of Princess Diana dying in Chi magazine. Did you feel angry of a magazine and book publishing a photo of the dying princess? Please talk about any opinions you may have.

I think it is in bad taste. The event happened a long time ago and the media should let go now. The story of Princess Diana dying has been criticised, debated, investigated and talked about on every possible medium so many times and I do not see anything new coming to light by posting a photo which stirs up P. Diana's family's emotion and hurt.

I think it is in appaulingly bad taste and shows the paparazzi in their true colors. I feel sad for her two boys.

I think it is cruel. The magazine defended their actions by saying they thought it was tender and touching but that is rubbish. They know very well that they only used the picture to get sales and just to show that they were the first magazine to publish it. (which happens to be the very essence of paparazzi)
But this was going to far.

I guess I'm not quite seeing what's tender and touching about a person dying in a car smash, or why an Italian magazine should be publishing photos of a British princess in France, but whatever. Their comment about "sleeping princess" is crass beyond belief.

I agree with you Elspeth I believe they just wanted the money for the picture.

Reading this thread I see that some people is completely sure that it was an accident and they try to convence to others with no serious arguments. I think that we will only know an "official" version but who knows if it is the truth or not.

Foto Diana, "Stupito da clamore"
Direttore "Chi" risponde a polemiche

In relazione alle polemiche esplose sulla stampa inglese dopo la pubblicazione su "Chi" della foto morente in copertina di Lady Diana, Umberto Brindani, direttore del settimanale, ha inviato un comunicato spiegando le ragioni della sua scelta.

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/mondo/articol...olo318898.shtml

translation:
umberto brindani, director of chi replies to what has been said about the publication of diana's last photo.
he says that through the publishing of the photo there has been an end towards the speculation of the possible existence of such a photo. he also says that these photos were public as were included as part of the official acts relating to her death by france. he also continues by saing that what has been published (the photo together with other documents) is only what he calls diritto di cronaca, like saying the right of every journalist to report news and truth (i hope i trnaslated the term correctly). he adds that although he does understand her sons and beloved ones can be hurt he does see the photo in a bad sense, as he thinks she looks delicate and has nothing wrong. he continues that the english tabloids and media should not comment as they were the first to manipulate diana by speaking about her and speculating, and entering in herprivate life (example through teh pubication of private telephone calls). he finishes by saying that mr al fayed should not attack the media when they do not speak in his favour, as he is free to say that the english royal family killed diana and does not want anyone to comment about what he is saying. moreover, the photos were part of the inquiry which conculded that diana actually died only through an accident and not for other reasons.

please note that the translation refers to what mr brindani is saying and does not in any way include my personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Brindani is just full of excuses, isn't he?

We all knew there was such a photo-no one was speculating about it. Just because the photo was used in the official inquiry doesn't mean it has to be published in his magazine. Of course, he has the right to report news and truth-but this isn't news-she died, we all know how she died-this photo isn't revealing anything newsworthy. It's simply done to put money in his pocket. If he knows it will hurt her sons and loved ones, then he should have the common decency to refrain from publishing it-whether she looks "delicate" to him or not is beside the point. He can point fingers all he wants at the British tabloids-but they are not the ones publishing this picture.

If those are the best excuses he could come up with, his best isn't very good. There is no excuse good enough for this-he shouldn't have done it, it was a sleazy and disturbing thing to do, and he knows it.

i am curious ... did anyone see the pictures yet? i hope she was not suffering badly or feeling very very alone and very frightened.. i do not think i can sleep ... sobbbbbbbbbbbb

I didn't see them and I don't want to. It's just something so personal and so, I don't have words... It's just something I would never do, because it will, in a way (imo) be disrespectful.
I am sick at the very idea what had/would William and Harry fell, if they saw the picture.:(

It is especially tasteless to put the photo on the front cover, when makes it easy to see unintentionally.

i didn't see the pictures. in fact, i didn't even know about all this thing of a foreign magazine until this morning a friend of mine told me. she and her boyfriend saw the photographs, they told me diana's photo is nothing terrible, but those of dodi and the driver (specially the driver's) are horrible. i really don't know what kind of sick person would enjoy looking at them if they are as they described them.

it's nevertheless intrusive, disrespectful and macabre, in my opinion, taking into account the families and all the people who loved princess diana.

xtan said:
i am curious ... did anyone see the pictures yet? i hope she was not suffering badly or feeling very very alone and very frightened.. i do not think i can sleep ... sobbbbbbbbbbbb

I have seen the picture. It's the same one shown on American TV several years ago. It shows the arm of a person trying to give her oxygen and a side on profile of her face. The picture is grainy but you can tell it's Diana.

carlota said:
i didn't see the pictures. in fact, i didn't even know about all this thing of a foreign magazine until this morning a friend of mine told me. she and her boyfriend saw the photographs, they told me diana's photo is nothing terrible, but those of dodi and the driver (specially the driver's) are horrible. i really don't know what kind of sick person would enjoy looking at them if they are as they described them.

it's nevertheless intrusive, disrespectful and macabre, in my opinion, taking into account the families and all the people who loved princess diana.
There are a number of bright, colored images on the Internet that are reportedly of Diana, Dodi, and Henri Paul-and the two of "Dodi" and "Henri Paul" are very, very graphic, and, from the sound of it, these are the ones your friend saw.

They are NOT real. They are complete fakes. I stumbled across them a while back, when a disgustingly "well-meaning" person emailed them to me, and I can tell you all that categorically-just in case you happen across them yourselves. The two people that are reportedly Dodi and Henri Paul are dressed in the wrong clothing, for starters. The one of Diana has her facing in the wrong direction and the roof of the car is removed-when, in reality, it never was.

I don't know why these people would publish these pictures (or any like them) on an Internet site, (or why anyone would email them to someone else), but they are not real. They are a disgusting hoax by a disturbed mind.

I did the photo it was titled L'Ultima Foto or something and I didn't want to see it but a friend sent the photo to me soI ended up seeing it. I didn't like looking at it and I hope I won't see it again.

I was repulsed to think that a magazine could ever print pictures like that. I have not seen, nor would I ever want to see, this disgusting filth.

Whether or not you liked or disliked the late Princess, imagine how you would feel if a family member died in a horrific crash and their pictures were printed for the whole world to see.

Please...just let this lady rest in peace already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fell sick.
the photos in italian magazine is the same that the last year we can see in cbs for diana death investigation, but not was published, we can see it only for television, but this is terribleI feel terrible for william and harry.

Diana: the deadliest of dilemmas

We have all seen the terrible pictures of JFK and Leah Betts — why are these different?
trans.gif
ON THE night that Diana, Princess of Wales, died, I was one among hundreds to be snapped from sleep to type stunned eulogies before four in the morning.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,6-2273142,00.html

WAR IS REAL HELL SO LET DI REST IN PEACE

THE father, his face a mask of stunned grief, held his dead daughter up for the cameras - she was perhaps three or four years old, her clothes shredded to bloody rags, her hair matted and hanging over her face.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tonyparsons/

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Diana: the deadliest of dilemmas

We have all seen the terrible pictures of JFK and Leah Betts — why are these different?
trans.gif
ON THE night that Diana, Princess of Wales, died, I was one among hundreds to be snapped from sleep to type stunned eulogies before four in the morning.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,6-2273142,00.html

WAR IS REAL HELL SO LET DI REST IN PEACE

THE father, his face a mask of stunned grief, held his dead daughter up for the cameras - she was perhaps three or four years old, her clothes shredded to bloody rags, her hair matted and hanging over her face.​

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tonyparsons/

What an damning parallel you have shown us.

Useless rage about a couple of old photos published by yellow scum (could it be that in our heart of hearts we too really want to know "what she looks like" but haven't got the guts to be honest with ourselves let alone the world). Old being the operative word. It is past. History. There is nothing we can do to change it.

And contrasing that, despicable indifference to the death (murder?) of innocents, happening now, right in front of God and everyone. And we are paralysed. We do nothing but look to our leaders for leadership and in return we get political rhetoric. Bombs and mortars keep falling, and the G8 passed resolutions.

When the rubber meets the road all we are getting is the stench of burning rubber.

Let's turn our righteous anger in a direction that may actually do some good. Now!

Which is the greater crime?

I know what I will be emaling my local MP about.

While this is a valid comparison, please remember that political discussions aren't permitted; if you want to discuss the article, please try to keep it focussed on the journalism issue.

Thanks

My apoligies Elspeth, and fellow forum members.:eek:

Lady Marmalade said:
I was repulsed to think that a magazine could ever print pictures like that. I have not seen, nor would I ever want to see, this disgusting filth.

Whether or not you liked or disliked the late Princess, imagine how you would feel if a family member died in a horrific crash and their pictures were printed for the whole world to see.

Please...just let this lady rest in peace already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said! I couldn't imagine seeing my mother like that, so why should William and Harry have to. It's so sad. But, Diana said it best when she said that she was a product that sells well. Sad what people will do for money. I just wish there were more people that refused to buy the magazine because of the pictures than the reverse. Then maybe those types of photos wouldn't be printed.

ysbel said:
This statement really disturbs me. Do you mean its easier to accuse a possibly innocent person of plotting murder - the most serious crime known to man - rather than believing that she might have been killed because she didn't wear a seat belt?

Is there any thought to the names and reputations of the ones accused in the conspiracy theories or are their names a unavoidable casualty in this all?

All in all I find it very disturbing that accusations of murder are thrown around so casually.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. For some people, yes it is easier to accuse someone of a crime they didn't commit rather than see it as an accident. For me that is not the case. With recent facts coming to light, ie:the driver being paid a large sum of money right before, the letter Diana left saying she believed she was going to be killed and it made to look like an accident etc.; (not to mention she was a thorn in the BRF's side for a long time) the possibility is there that something funny went on. You also have the reports of the Fiat being envolved right after the accident. I'm on the fence, I haven't seen enough evidence to believe that she was killed. Part of me believes maybe, the other part believes it was just a tragic accident. Scotland Yard is doing their investigation now, they can't close their case because there are new facts that continue to surface. We will have to wait and see. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, or accuse someone of murder lightly.

merchooker said:
I'm on the fence, I haven't seen enough evidence to believe that she was killed. Part of me believes maybe, the other part believes it was just a tragic accident.

The fact that you are on the fence all this time later is a tribute to the conspiracy theorists who work so tirelessly to create doubt. As indeed is the case with President Kennedy. I think more people today think there was some type of conspirace than did immediately after his assassination.

Their objective is to stir up doubt. It is essential to keep in mind the actual timeline of known events. And wonder at the "new" evidence since it would seem that there are new witnesses. What possible motive could have kept honest bystanders silent all these years?

sassie said:
There are a number of bright, colored images on the Internet that are reportedly of Diana, Dodi, and Henri Paul-and the two of "Dodi" and "Henri Paul" are very, very graphic, and, from the sound of it, these are the ones your friend saw.

They are NOT real. They are complete fakes. I stumbled across them a while back, when a disgustingly "well-meaning" person emailed them to me, and I can tell you all that categorically-just in case you happen across them yourselves. The two people that are reportedly Dodi and Henri Paul are dressed in the wrong clothing, for starters. The one of Diana has her facing in the wrong direction and the roof of the car is removed-when, in reality, it never was.

I don't know why these people would publish these pictures (or any like them) on an Internet site, (or why anyone would email them to someone else), but they are not real. They are a disgusting hoax by a disturbed mind.

sassie, thanks for letting us know. it was so shocking when this girl told that to me, with so many details. is it true, then, that there were photos taken? is the one of diana also fake?

In my opinion the picture taken of Diana in the magazine Chi is real because William and Harry were very upset about the photos I think her sons would be able to just tell if the picture is real or not. I wish people would stop making false pictures about Diana she should be able to just rest in peace.

MARG said:
The fact that you are on the fence all this time later is a tribute to the conspiracy theorists who work so tirelessly to create doubt. As indeed is the case with President Kennedy. I think more people today think there was some type of conspirace than did immediately after his assassination.

Their objective is to stir up doubt. It is essential to keep in mind the actual timeline of known events. And wonder at the "new" evidence since it would seem that there are new witnesses. What possible motive could have kept honest bystanders silent all these years?

The difference with JFK was that the initial camera footage seemed to show a bullet coming from the other direction. It was later shown not to be true but the initial footage was very convincing. If Lee Harvey Oswald couldnt have shot that bullet, it was a reasonable to think that somebody else did.

With Diana's crash though, there wasn't anything so tangible as that to point a finger at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom