Princess Diana in Spain

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I understand from the book that came out about Queen Sophia, King Juan Carlos "made a pass" at Diana; IOW he tried to fondle her.:ermm: That's quite a bit different from them being lovers.

Dear Mermaid1962,

You are so right, but I was merely mentioning that the article was printed. I think it is low to print such an unsubstatiated roumour in an otherwise respected magazine.

I don't for a minute believe it to be true. But it seems that waiting for Victoria to give birth, the Swedish magazines are bored and must have something to print.

Agreed. That rumour is old, and it's a sign of desperation that it's being printed again after all these years.

I think it is low to print such an unsubstatiated roumour in an otherwise respected magazine.

It was reported in the 80s that Diana and Juan Carlos seemed attraced to each other and that she flirted with him - not the other way round.

The new report here is that he made the pass instead of Diana.

That would simply confirm that they were attracted to each other - big deal. He has always been attracted to pretty young things and she often flirted with men.

Nothing wrong with a little aknowlegement from time to time. From a woman's point of view she could do worse :)

Does anyone think maybe Diana. Princess of Wales was just trying to get Prince Charles jealous? He was reported calling Duchess of Cornwall while on the king's yacht with his family. I read Diana did not want to go on these vacations with the Spanish Royal family. So why did she flirt with the king?:);):)

I think that is entirely possible IF this story is at all true. I still doubt that very much. I don't think she would do this in front of the Queen and dó the same to another woman, that she was experiencing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "flirting" was apparently noticed during Charles and Diana's official visit to Spain in 1987, at which time she was very much involved with James Hewitt. So for that reason, I tend to discount any serious flirtation between the two. Trying to make Charles jealous? Perhaps.

Does anyone think maybe Diana. Princess of Wales was just trying to get Prince Charles jealous?

There are a lot of lies about Princess Diana`s Life. Because She`s dead.
Many newspapers, people, and magazines have invented false information about Princess, I suposse they tried to sell.
She`s so famous, lies it doesn`t matter.

I had seen those pictures before, but it always strikes me how young they all were. King Felipe, then Prince of Asturias, was only 19, I think, but very tall already. William was barely five years old and Harry was almost 3. The Spanish Royal Family looks very nice in their younger years, including the two infantas. Diana looks great too, but Charles looks bad as always (in my opinion of course).

Last edited:
I notice Diana isn't wearing her engagement ring in the pics..but IIRC she didn't always wear it.

So sweet, the interaction between Harry and the King of Spain.

LaRae

Princess Diana attended the Spain Expo on May 21, 1992.

Not very cherry were they...things winding down.

LaRae

Honestly I loved looking at videos of when she would tour to many different countries!

Back
Top Bottom