Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to the church service but not the concert. This has always been the case.

Beside I don't think these article are that reliable, I mean if they knew he was going overseas then surely they would know where he is going.

Oppie said:
He is going to the church service but not the concert. This has always been the case.

Beside I don't think these article are that reliable, I mean if they knew he was going overseas then surely they would know where he is going.

True. Aren't the invitations for royal tours extended months in advance, and the tours planned accordingly? It's not as if the royals wake up one day and decide to go on tour in a month or two to avoid another engagement.

I don't see anything wrong with Charles not attending the concert. If it doesn't offend the Princes, then why should it matter to anyone else?

it's the logic than he don'r assit to the concert

georgiea said:
Even after ten years he won't support the memory of Diana.

If you read some of the articles posted here (post 187) you can see why Charles and Camilla have apparetly made the decision to be out of the country for the concert. It was never the intention that they would be at the concert, only the memorial service and has nothing to do with supporting the memory of Diana or not.

I don't know why Charles feels that He would overshadow the boys when his own ex-wife and sons are more popular with this generation than he is.

Last edited:
I don't know if Charles said that but he did overshadow Wills and Harry during the Ant and Dec interview and Ant and Dec's audience are closer to Wills' and Harry's age than Charles is.

I think it illustrates Charles (and Camilla's) sensitivity to both William and Harry's feelings as well as the feeling of the concert goers to be gracefully absent from the event. No doubt a lot of the attendees would have been Diana fans. Charles and Camilla's absence will allow everyone to enjoy the event, a celebration of Diana's life, without drudging up the unpleasant memories. It's not so much of Charles overshadowing his sons, but what the media will make of his presence at the event. I really respect a man who would take such an extraordinary step to honor an ex-wife.

sirhon11234 said:
I don't know why Charles feels that Hewould overshadow the boys when his own ex-wife and sons are more popular with this generation than he is.

I suppose that is something only a Di fan would agree with. Here in the UK, whilst there are still people who admire the work she did, it is past the celebrity worship that was there in the 90's, IMO. Each generation has it's own favorites within the royal family, as with singers & actors.

It is obvious that if Charles and Camilla were present at the concert, the lenses would frequently be trained on them, therefore Charles and Camilla have decided to ensure that it is William and Harry who get the attention. :rolleyes:

william and harry (and diana of course) wil be the attention, ith or without camilla and charles there.

English National Ballet To Perform In Princess Diana Anniversary Tribute Concert

English National Ballet is delighted to be dancing the most spectacular scene from Princess Diana’s favourite ballet Swan Lake as part of the charity tribute concert in Wembley Arena on 1 July 2007.
English National Ballet is thrilled to be honouring Princess Diana in this way. The Princess was made Patron of English National Ballet in 1989 and remained so up until her death in 1997. The Company was fortunate enough to be the only arts organization with which she continued her involvement when she resigned from more than 100 other charities in 1996. She was the Company’s greatest ambassador, one of our staunchest allies and a great friend of both the Company and many of its individual members of staff.

corazon said:
william and harry (and diana of course) wil be the attention, ith or without camilla and charles there.

William and Harry will now have all the attention of the press, as Charles and Camilla have ensured by their absence. Diana's memory will have some of the attention as well, not Diana herself! :rolleyes:
as Incas so eloquently put it - It's not so much of Charles overshadowing his sons, but what the media will make of his presence at the event.

Thats wonderful that the english ballet will perform a scene from swan lake. I'am sure they will dazzle the audience.

sirhon11234 said:
Thats wonderful that the english ballet will perform a scene from swan lake. I'am sure they will dazzle the audience.
yes, that is a great news, diana loved so much the ballet;)

william and harry wil be the centre of attention for a reason very simple, this will be the first diana tribute with them
the people than will be there going for diana's memory and for the help to the different charitys, with camilla and charles there or not, the concert is a party for to celebrete the diana life, not if camilla and charles go or not.

if charles don't want go is his desition, william and harry want this concert because for them is the best way to honred to their mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think if Charles and Camilla were to attend the concert, the camera lenses would focus on them from time to time, especially when others made tributes to Diana's life. Also, I don't want to the next day's headlines to focus on the reporting of Charles and Camilla attending his ex-wife's memorial concert which would cause negative feelings for many people.

i don0t remenber the chapel, but if wiliam and harry chooise it sure is a ery good place

maybe saint paul and wenminster are very das places and with bad memorys for them

Does anyone know if the concert will be retransmitted on TV? Or will come out on dvd ?

Thanks

TheTruth said:
Does anyone know if the concert will be retransmitted on TV? Or will come out on dvd ?

Thanks

i don't know abouth the tv transmition, but about the dvd you can be sure that days after the show will be come out

Does anybody know if Rome has BBC since I might be there during the concert.

sirhon11234 said:
Does anybody know if Rome has BBC since I might be there during the concert.

BBC World will be on all European countries. But the concert will most likely be broadcasted on BBC1 or BBC2 and these channels are not available in all European countries.

I understand there will be "coverage" by USA networks from CNN to CBS but I doubt it will be wall-to-wall as BBC America has the full rights.

So us Yanks will have to settle for snippets unless PBS releases a DVD. :(

Well its good that Camilla is going to The Princess Wales's memorial service. It shows a united front. I for one can't wait to see this service and the concert.

Henri M. said:
BBC World will be on all European countries. But the concert will most likely be broadcasted on BBC1 or BBC2 and these channels are not available in all European countries.

There are hotels in Rome that have the BBC world service but I have also stayed in some that don't.

The same in every European country I have visited.

You will need to check whether where you are staying has the BBC rather than just asking about Rome.

The last hotel I stayed at in Rome didn't have a TV in the room - it was a 3 star hotel 5 minutes walk from Piazza Navona.

Must be a new status thing--we are so close to everything and you are so important, who needs a silly thing like tv!

I don't think that its inapppropriate for the Bishop of London to give the address at her memorial. The Princess of Wales was a member of the BRF and he should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom