Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media, yes. But I don't know that this decision and outcry against Camilla speaks for all of Britain? Do you think it speaks for "majority" in Britain rather than just a fanatical faction of loony old ladies and their ignorant husbands who read the Daily Mail? :ermm:
I think I still have much more confidence in Britain as a whole, as a nation with many sensible people who are reading the Telegraph instead! :D

Well dear CasiraghiTrio, unfortunately the readers of the Telegraph appear to have caught the Daily Mail bug.:D

Camilla: 'I won't attend Princess Diana service' - Telegraph

Well dear CasiraghiTrio, unfortunately the readers of the Telegraph appear to have caught the Daily Mail bug.:D

Camilla: 'I won't attend Princess Diana service' - Telegraph

Thanks for posting. I did read this one yesterday. I think it was this article which broke the news of Camilla's statement and the rest of the stories followed from it. The article itself seems to be free of taking a side and suitably delicate. Even Dickie Arbiter expresses empathy for Camilla's difficult position. But I guess I still stand corrected because of the comments to the article! It looks like even Telegraph readers are largely against Camilla going to the service. Some of them are like the "Diana fanatics". Others feel that Camilla is a good person, but that it's still inappropriate for her to go. Yada yada, etc. I guess the bottom line is that only time will tell, but maybe it will all die down completely (let's hope) after this week. Diana's death faded to the wind once before. It must do it again. People die. It's sad, but it's a fact. As another Telegraph article pointed out (posted in the Duchess of Cornwall current events) why should we be making the survivors suffer for it?

Princes to lead Service of Thanksgiving for Diana, Princess of Wales

Prince William and Prince Harry will both give readings at the Thanksgiving Service for their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, on Friday 31st August 2007.
The Princess’s eldest sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, will also give a reading at the hour-long service being held at 12 noon in the Guards’ Chapel at London’s Wellington Barracks.
The service, to be conducted by the Reverend Patrick Irwin, Chaplain to the Household Division, will include two prayers specially written for the occasion by Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, as well as an address by the Bishop of London, The Rt. Rev. and Rt. Hon. Dr. Richard Chartres.
The arrangements for the service have been overseen personally by Prince William and Prince Harry, together with the Princess’s brother, Earl Spencer, and her two sisters, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes.

The two Princes chose the Guards’ Chapel for the service because as Household Cavalry officers it is their regimental chapel.
Among the approximately 500 guests attending the service will be many chosen to reflect the Princess’s personal and working life. More than 30 members of the Royal Family will be present, along with 100 other family members, her godparents, 12 godchildren and all bridesmaids and page boys who attended the Princess’s wedding in 1981. Former members of The Princess’s staff, and over 110 representatives from her charities and other organisations with which she was associated, have also been invited to the service.

Thanks for posting. I did read this one yesterday.
I should also be noted that this paper also operates a policy of more bad than good Camilla comments. Of the 25 sent by friends and the one I sent, (all with our own email addresses), none were posted. :rolleyes:

i'm getting up friday and watching thanks for the information, my heart will be with the boys who no matter how old they get will mourn and miss their mother. looking back on the photos they seem so young and broken. the bitterness that has come the last few weeks has made me feel sad for them, an occasion of forgiveness and celebration of a life has been turned into something ugly and money grubbing and they don't deserve it.

I have a problem with Paul Burrell and Patrick Jephson not being invited...I know "Why" they were snubbed but they devoted years of their lives to keeping the work and image of Diana their sole focus and vocation.

They dealt with the protocol, the politics, the mood swings and wishes and whims of Diana to create the Princess we admire and love...:flowers:

While I am sure Paul Burrell theoretically might not be as welcomed as Jephson, both the snubs tend to appear bitter and petty.

Last edited:
They're playing the National Anthem? Oh this really is too much.

Well as it was a national funeral, why not to her memorial ? Anyway, people will love or will hate but it will be made ...

The memorial service is not a national one. She also wasnt a member of the Royal Family when she died. Unless it's being played as she was a British subject but its almost unheard of that that happens.

She was still regarded as a member of the family.

The memorial service is not a national one. She also wasnt a member of the Royal Family when she died. Unless it's being played as she was a British subject but its almost unheard of that that happens.

In France we play the "Marseillaise", the french anthem, when there's a memorial to remind an ex-president. Since he can't have the job for his whole life, it's normal. Diana was no longer a member of the Royal Family (it would be silly to say : yes she was because ...blablabla... and having a row that doesn't even need to exist since it's very clear that she wasn't anymore). The choice of national anthem is questionable like many other subjects related to this 'Oh-too-far-gossiping' memorial. Lets cheer up a little, it's only one day and then 'goodbye madness' if you feel it's crazy. Have a little drink after the memorial like Skydragon suggested in another thread ;).

I should hope they are playing it if the Queen's there.
coronationcrown.jpg

Well I suppose. This is fast becoming hysteria day Mark II. Suddenly, all the news readers have adopted this funereal tone which is incredibly hypocritical.

Someone is making a dvd recording of the service on bbc 1 because unexpectedly I have to work. I will probably watch it once or twice, if anyone wants me to send it to them afterwards I will

Camila should attend, after all she was her friend! Also Kate should attend and if she attends that is a good confirmation of an engagement!

As the Memorial Service is about to commence we no longer need the 'Preparations' thread. After 27 pages, it is now closed.

The thread to discuss the Memorial Service can be found here.



Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom