Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk said:
In regards to her being blamed for the costs of the inquiry and the concert...Goodness gracious...its no wonder why no one can move on...let's blame global warming on her as well.

I can only imagine your comments are based on the fact that it is not your money being used.

If all her 'fans' would like to contribute to the cost of the inquiry, then I am sure it would ease the burden on the ones who are, at the moment paying the sunstantial bills!

Actually my comments are based upon the fact that we don't know any true details regarding the concert (cost of the venue, sponsorship, ticket info, etc)...so know one (fans and detractors) should not jump too any conclusions.

In regards to the inquiry...I too think its a waste of money but blaming Diana for the inquiry (since she has been dead since 1997 regardless of any letters, comments she may have made) is a little ridiculous in my mind and I don't have to be a taxpayer to have that opinion.

Madame Royale said:
And visa versa on occasion. It does, of course, go both ways :)

I just think it unfortuante that so often they are played against each other from various factions outside the 'know'.

Here Here you got that right.

the woman is dead& can't defend herself any longer. & If her sons take up for he & come to her defence or celebrate her in some public way then they are being forced by the public & media. :wacko: Yeah, the boys don't have mind of their own.

I would say vice versa on many many occasions.

Back on topic I am happy by that Article that they boys wanted to do something that they new would make their mother happy. Something that she would love. A musical Concert. So much for the Media forcing the boys into doing something that they did not want to do.:rolleyes:

I don't know what to make of the August Memorial with Camila in attendence. It is a no win situation(sp) with that. No matter what Diana is(even in death) the Mother of future King & she & Charles will always be tied together because of that. & As the Father of her children he mus attend &Camila as his current wife & part of the royal family she too must attend. She as to attend. That will be on hard day for both She & Charles. No one is looking forward to that day.

But, on a happier note: I loved the Video Clip. Harry forever the joker. Telling us to call Williams cell & will taking it in stride telling him to shutup. Love the brotherly banter. It is great to see

Last edited:
I actually don't think Camilla or Charles will attend. Nor will any other senior member of the Royal Family. First of all, I think Camilla's attendance is just wrong..they weren't friends when she was alive...so why would she want to attend. Charles is another matter...but he won' go due to loyalty to his wife...and he should be loyal to her. I just don't see any of family members attending. IMO this is just the media throwing out names without any concrete proof to start up the Diana vs. Camilla thing again. But we have six months to plan it so we will see.

Zonk said:
I actually don't think Camilla or Charles will attend. Nor will any other senior member of the Royal Family. First of all, I think Camilla's attendance is just wrong..they weren't friends when she was alive...so why would she want to attend. Charles is another matter...but he won' go due to loyalty to his wife...and he should be loyal to her. I just don't see any of family members attending. IMO this is just the media throwing out names without any concrete proof to start up the Diana vs. Camilla thing again. But we have six months to plan it so we will see.

when the fountain was open the queen was there and don't was an official event about diana, this concert is approved for the queen and organized for william and harry, it's a VERY official event but I think it most possible tha the queen and some members of the royal family go to the memorial that the concert.
about charles, i sure he will be here, the concert is for to celebrete the diana's life and he was part of that life, for respect to the women with he had 2 sons, he will be there and for support william and harry too

Zonk said:

William and Harry have both stated that the family from both sides will be attending the memorial service and that includes Camilla.

Do you think the Duchess of Cornwall will attend these events? I know it's been a decade and I DO think the Duchess is fantastic, but I imagine it would be a bit awkward. What does everyone think?

Yes, they did say that...but they didn't state any specific names. And we got six months...so things can change. And again, Camilla could attend but I personally think its tacky. And for the record, I would think it would be tacky if the positions were reversed. I won't go into the whole Diana/Camilla/Charles debate because that has been discussed enough but hopefully you understand what I am saying.

Panther2000 said:
So much for the Media forcing the boys into doing something that they did not want to do.:rolleyes:
she & Charles will always be tied together because of that.
No one is looking forward to that day.

If you had read the posts correctly, before jumping on your high horse, you would have seen that it was a hope they were not being forced into anything, but, as we will never know whether they decided to do this off their own backs or had been backed into a corner ...

Ex husbands and wives are never tied together, they may have an association to remember but tied, hardly. :lol:

It must be marvelous to be able to state with such certainty, that you know exactly that no one is looking forward to a particular event. It will be in a church, with friends and family, IMO, they will be looking forward to it.

Yes, the Duchess of Cornwall will attend the memorial service.

There will be a memorial service in London on 31st August 2007.

Prince William and Prince Harry have invited members of The Royal Family including Her Majesty The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, as well as Lady Sarah McCorquodale, Lady Jane Fellowes and Earl Spencer, all of whom will attend.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/newsandgallery/news/prince_william_and_prince_harry_announce_memorial_service_an_262522807.html

One of the articles said that they wouldn't be at the concert though, but I can't find which one.

the memorial and the concert are very diferent events, the momorial is the formal event but the concert is most for young people

Zonk said:
Yes, they did say that...but they didn't state any specific names. And we got six months...so things can change. And again, Camilla could attend but I personally think its tacky. And for the record, I would think it would be tacky if the positions were reversed.

It's a memorial service, being held for family and friends, as Harry has stated, he and William think their stepmum is wonderful, I really can't see them saying, 'it might be better if you didn't come'.

Why on earth would it be seen as tacky, like most people I have had to go to memorial services for people I couldn't stand, it is simply the done thing.

re Charles being a widower, only in the eyes of the Church of England, by law he was divorced.

In my opinion, its not necessary for Camilla to have liked Diana (or vice versa) to attend the concert or the memorial service.

It all depends on the relationship Camilla has with William and Harry which by all accounts seems to be good. If she cares about her stepsons and she wants to respect their feelings, its quite possible that she would want to put her own personal feelings aside and attend the concert to show some support for their wish to honor their mother. Liking or not liking Diana wouldn't necessarily come into the equation.

I agree it may be awkward, but William Harry Charles and Camilla seem like they're willing to undergo a little awkwardness in public reaction in order to respect their actual feelings.

Skydragon said:
That is the sentiment normally held by ex wives, trying to keep their claws into their ex husband.

Once the children are grown, there is normally no need for contact on a social or financial level, with ex's.

Financially, no. Socially, yes. When grown children get married, when they have children of their own, there's always a good chance that the former marrieds will meet socially. Or are you suggesting that every single former married couple with children never meets again in their lifetimes?

As long as we are expressing personal opinions...I am going to stick with mine that Camilla attending Diana's memorial service is tacky. They weren't friends, they didn't like each other. Now towards the end of her life, Diana was respectful of Camilla's role in Charle's life...but they weren't girls. They were not going to go out for a drink anytime soon. I think we all know the history. And that's what I am basing my opinion on...and again..if the positions were reversed and Diana was to attend Camilla's...I think that would be tacky as well. And I am pretty sure...that some of her detractors would question her motives.

Now in regards to the relationship that Camilla has with Diana's sons...yes, they do appear close and I am sure that they have discussed this concert/memorial so whatever they decide to do is up to them. I am sure they are not thinking about Zonk in the US and how she feels about it!

Again...in my personal opinion...having Camilla attend any of the events is going to take make this more of a media circus than normal. The media (who can't move on to save their lives) is going to focus on the negative...the Camilla/Diana/Charles relationship. and not focus on the celebration of her life. And that is supposed to be the purpose of the celebration right?

Last edited:
sassie said:
Financially, no. Socially, yes. When grown children get married, when they have children of their own, there's always a good chance that the former marrieds will meet socially. Or are you suggesting that every single former married couple with children never meets again in their lifetimes?

Weddings yes, other events definitly not by choice. Lets face it, if they did not get on when they were married, what would be the point of meeting up socially.

I know of very few couples that have dinner parties and invite the ex, or that would go out of their way to attend a function they know will have the ex there as well.

There will always be exceptions, but, I believe it is very rare.

And again Camilla can´t win. If she stays at home you´ll say: Diana has conquers her, she isn´t really a part of BRF, she feels guilty or even she is to arrogant, she doesn´t care for Diana or her sons...
If she is going you´ll say: a shame, what does she dare, she wants to show her triumph...
I think its a wish of Charles and their sons. They want to show: We are a family now but, we´ve not forgotten Diana. She is a part of our past. Camilla is future queen, wife of Charles, she has the right to come. I think there will be many others who didn´t like Diana or vice versa. No one will care about them. And Camilla will have the taste to be in the background. She will wear clothes without attracting attention. And she will not feel well. But she will keep up like ever.

ysbel said:
In my opinion, its not necessary for Camilla to have liked Diana (or vice versa) to attend the concert or the memorial service.

It all depends on the relationship Camilla has with William and Harry which by all accounts seems to be good. If she cares about her stepsons and she wants to respect their feelings, its quite possible that she would want to put her own personal feelings aside and attend the concert to show some support for their wish to honor their mother. Liking or not liking Diana wouldn't necessarily come into the equation.

I agree it may be awkward, but William Harry Charles and Camilla seem like they're willing to undergo a little awkwardness in public reaction in order to respect their actual feelings.

Well said, Ysabel.

Zonk said:
Again...in my personal opinion...having Camilla attend any of the events is going to take make this more of a media circus than normal. The media (who can't move on to save their lives) is going to focus on the negative...the Camilla/Diana/Charles relationship. and not focus on the celebration of her life. And that is supposed to be the purpose of the celebration right?

The concert is, IMO, the celebration of her life, the memorial service is to remember her and what she did for charity.

Contrary to what some people believe, IMO Camilla and Diana were friendly towards each other until the troubles Charles and Diana went through at the time of Harry's birth. But, as you say, best not to rekindle that argument.

And again Camilla can´t win. If she stays at home you´ll say: Diana has conquers her, she isn´t really a part of BRF, she feels guilty or even she is to arrogant, she doesn´t care for Diana or her sons...
If she is going you´ll say: a shame, what does she dare, she will show her triumph...

I agree with you and I think they found a good soloution she is going to the memorial service with the rest of the family, but not going to the concert (if that story is true). Since Lady Sarah, Lady Jane and the Earl Spencer are all confirmed to be there with Camilla I guess both families are ok with the situation.

Besides having Camilla invovled could be helpful, since she is friends with the Take That guys (or has at least met them) maybe she can convince Robbie to come back as well.

hornsen said:
If she is going you´ll say: a shame, what does she dare, she wants to show her triumph...
I think its a wish of Charles and their sons. They want to show: We are a family now but, we´ve not forgotten Diana. She is a part of our past. Camilla is future queen, wife of Charles, she has the right to come. I think there will be many others who didn´t like Diana or vice versa. No one will care about them.

Very well said. I think she will attend, in support of her husband and her stepsons, whose lives she has been a part of for the last decade!

Skydragon said:
If you had read the posts correctly, before jumping on your high horse, you would have seen that it was a hope they were not being forced into anything, but, as we will never know whether they decided to do this off their own backs or had been backed into a corner ...

Ex husbands and wives are never tied together, they may have an association to remember but tied, hardly. :lol:

It must be marvelous to be able to state with such certainty, that you know exactly that no one is looking forward to a particular event. It will be in a church, with friends and family, IMO, they will be looking forward to it.

Well, here are some tissues for your nosebleed:rolleyes: . Talk about high horse Please, that dog don't hunt. You don't want to go there;)
& I stand by my statement.

But I will standed correct: Her Family & Friends who actually LOVED her both look forward & also dread the day(of course her family & friends would rather that she be here in life).

Back on topic now

It is a good thing that they wanted to something that know will make her happy. & That just a church service alone wouldn't going to do it.

Being that She loved Music & Dance. & Like William stated it is a celebration of her life & the fun she loved to have. & Frankly, It is a great idea. Like William said it would be the best Birthday celebration she would have had.

as for the memorial service. I do feel for camila. No matter which way she turns she can't comeout looking good. People are going to have issues no matter what she does.

Whoever was right or wrong Diana most certainly considered Camilla's continued relationship with her husband to be thee major cause of her marraige breaking up and she said so publicly. Therefore I think that the Duchess of Cornwall's attendance at any of these events would be in poor taste and would be seen to be in poor taste in the eyes of most members of the public.

Panther2000 said:
Well, here are some tissues for your nosebleed:rolleyes: . Talk about high horse Please, that dog don't hunt. You don't want to go there;)
& I stand by my statement.

Seems we constantly need an interpreter for your strange comments. I don't suffer from nosebleeds, nor do I use tissues. :ermm: :wacko:

angela said:
Therefore I think that the Duchess of Cornwall's attendance at any of these events would be in poor taste and would be seen to be in poor taste in the eyes of most members of the public.

No, most members of the public have read all the accounts, listened to both sides and moved on, as Harry and William have done. :rolleyes:

Angela...that's exactly my point.

Skydragon...we must agree to disagree but that is okay.

Lord....to think we have six months of this! I just wish they announced this concert in April! I am an admirer of Diana (recognizing her faults) but why do always do this to ourselves :) It never ends.

That move on comment (this is not just directed to you Skydragon) always amazes me! In what way, have William and Harry moved on...they are living in the present surely..and have a relationship with Camilla...but I don't think they have moved on from their loving and missing their mother. Does anyone who has lost a loved one really move on? You move on from a bad relationship, you move on to a better job, you don't move on when losing a loved one.

Last edited:
Zonk said:
Angela...that's exactly my point.

Skydragon...we must agree to disagree but that is okay.

Lord....to think we have six months of this! I just wish they announced this concert in April! I am an admirer of Diana (recognizing her faults) but why do always do this to ourselves :) It never ends.

Six months of what ???? there is a press release it says Camilla is going, unless she gets pink eye it is a done deal.

There are much more important things to speculate about such as how can I get Coldplay and Nelly Furtado on the bill, so I can hear a live version of All Good Things. ;)

Let's leave out the personal comments directed at other members, please.

Thanks.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Actually..it said who was invited...it never said that everyone has accepted the invitations.

And I personally...would love to see the Reunion of the Spice Girls...but that is just me :) I don't believe Diana was a fan.

Wonder if Victoria would bring hubby David? Then there would be a total media circus regardless if Camilla came or not! :D

The one band I hope doesn't get back together for the concert is Duran Duran. One time in the 80s was enough for me. <yeck> I still have nightmares from 'Bad Boys'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom