Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the interview in the royalist and is brillant! william and harry is the first time they talk about diana and her work especially to the diana princess of wales memorial fund.
I think it's very very nice they will do a service in agust 31 and the vconcert in wembley, just they know exactly taht diana want.
Me as diana fan I am very pround of william and harry, at last diana will honored as she was, the mother of a future king.

Official website, dedicate to the Concert for Diana (starting from tomorrow, you can buy tickets from there!) can be found here.

And here is is the video and transcript of broadcast footage for Prince William and Prince Harry’s announcement of commemorations for Diana, Princess of Wales.

did anyone see the interview william and harry gave on diana's 10 years anniversery? i read somewhere that william and harry looked bored during the interview? so i was wondering if it is true....

xtan said:
did anyone see the interview william and harry gave on diana's 10 years anniversery? i read somewhere that william and harry looked bored during the interview? so i was wondering if it is true....

yes, you can see the interniew in the royalist page or in the official page of the prince of wales

xtan said:

Just click here to see it.

Who is paying for this concert?

BeatrixFan said:
Who is paying for this concert?
Thousands of sponsors will be willing to offer everything for the concerts and the stars are willing to gain their reputation in this event. Don't worry about the bill. The concert is a charity concert and not for paying money. I think Charles will pay the money if it is necessary. But I believe that every one who have an interest in this shall never ask for any money for pay.

may be the government too, this concert maybe be like the freddie mercury tribute concert in 1992, but I don't know who pay the concert.

love_cc said:
Thousands of sponsors will be willing to offer everything for the concerts and the stars are willing to gain their reputation in this event. Don't worry about the bill. The concert is a charity concert and not for paying money. I think Charles will pay the money if it is necessary. But I believe that every one who have an interest in this shall never ask for any money for pay.

if charles wil pay some part of the concert we can't know but if it is this was is very correct, she was his wife and the mother of his children

corazon said:
if charles wil pay some part of the concert we can't know but if it is this was is very correct, she was his wife and the mother of his children

She was his ex wife and it would hardly be right to expect him to pay anything towards it.

Perhaps the father of her last boyfriend, al Fayed, will pay, but like BeatrixFan, I hope it is not going to come from British Taxpayers, the enquiry has cost more than enough! :mad:

:wacko: the monarchy ans al fayed don't are very close friends
I don't thinks william and harry work together in nothing with al fayed.
this look like a william and harry's plan with the help of cahrles and of course, with the permition of the queen.
if the boys want to do a tribute to their mother and at the same tome do a charity is fine.
Who pay the concert we don't know

We don't talk about the investigation, but was logic that a princess die i crash the british justice do an investigation

Last edited:
I agree Skydragon. This enquiry has cost 2 million approx. It is expected to cost a furthur 3 million when all legal fees etc are covered. So we DO talk about the investigation because there had already been one. This one was just to humour the conspiracists and it landed the British people with a bill into millions. She's cost us enough already without us paying for a concert.

in the freddie mercury concert tribute were in wembley 72.000 persons, the new wembley is most great?

Skydragon said:
She was his ex wife and it would hardly be right to expect him to pay anything towards it.

Perhaps the father of her last boyfriend, al Fayed, will pay, but like BeatrixFan, I hope it is not going to come from British Taxpayers, the enquiry has cost more than enough! :mad:

Please tell me you aren't being serious. Somehow I don't think the princes would want to be associated with an event being paid for by the man who's been running around for the last decade accusing their grandfather of having had their mother murdered.

I'm sure that if the Prince of Wales is contributing to the concert, it won't be because anyone expects anything, it'll be to commemorate her years as Princess of Wales. She was a full-time member of the royal family for 15 years, and it isn't all that unreasonable for the Duchy of Cornwall to contribute to a commemorative concert.

BeatrixFan said:
I agree Skydragon. This enquiry has cost 2 million approx. It is expected to cost a furthur 3 million when all legal fees etc are covered. So we DO talk about the investigation because there had already been one. This one was just to humour the conspiracists and it landed the British people with a bill into millions. She's cost us enough already without us paying for a concert.

I guess such a concert should be earning its own keep with TV rights, fandom stuff and entrance fees. BTW - did you see on the webpage that there are NO VIP-tickets? First in, first come-system? I wonder in which row they will place Daddy Charles..... :ROFLMAO:

Elspeth said:
Please tell me you aren't being serious. Somehow I don't think the princes would want to be associated with an event being paid for by the man who's been running around for the last decade accusing their grandfather of having had their mother murdered.

I'm sure that if the Prince of Wales is contributing to the concert, it won't be because anyone expects anything, it'll be to commemorate her years as Princess of Wales. She was a full-time member of the royal family for 15 years, and it isn't all that unreasonable for the Duchy of Cornwall to contribute to a commemorative concert.

I was being sarcastic, it gets the better of me sometimes! :flowers:

Why is there a presumption that her ex husband should contribute anything? When you divorce, it severs all ties IMO, otherwise the men and women who have 3, 4, 5 ex's would be very busy and very much out of pocket.

Skydragon said:

To stay in the spirit of it: The Prince of Wales is already contributing something to the festiveness of the event: he's bringing his princess.......:lol: (Sorry, after reading the comments on the royalist.com-page I couldn't stop myself....

Most charity events I know of has a sponsor who puts up money to run the event and the event charges admission fees to cover these upfront costs and raise a profit for charity.

If that's the way the concert is run, if its run well, the event will earn a tidy profit for charity and the Duchy will be reimbursed for their expenses.

I think the problem is if the event is not run well, then its possible the costs won't be covered and there's nothing left for charity. I hope they think things through better than they did with the fountain.

Skydragon said:

Why is there a presumption that her ex husband should contribute anything? When you divorce, it severs all ties IMO, otherwise the men and women who have 3, 4, 5 ex's would be very busy and very much out of pocket.

Not when they have had children together. Ties still exist then, through the kids, even loose ones.

Jeez, if Prince Charles wants to contribute something towards commemorating the mother of his sons, why not? It's his money, and it's a not altogether unadmirable thing to do.

Skydragon said:

Well, most exes don't rate tenth-anniversary concerts either; she was a public figure for over a decade, and this concert seems to mean a lot to her (and Charles's) sons since they're so closely involved right from the start. It isn't a presumption as much as a conjecture: "I wonder if Charles will contribute" isn't the same as "Charles should pay for it."

That's a rather unkind and unfair assessment. "She" hasn't cost you anything since 1997.
It isn't unfair or unkind. It's realistic. Money has been spent because of her since 1997 and amounts to millions. The public did not ask for a concert, they should not be landed with the bill.

BeatrixFan said:
It isn't unfair or unkind. It's realistic. Money has been spent because of her since 1997 and amounts to millions. The public did not ask for a concert, they should not be landed with the bill.

No, realistically, in regard to the enquiries, millions have been spent since 1997 because a lot of people don't want to accept the truth. She can hardly be blamed for that.

If the money fronted by a sponsor is to becovered by the admission fees, then the public that attends is choosing 'to be landed with the bill'. If they don't want to pay for it, then they won't go.

sassie said:
Not when they have had children together. Ties still exist then, through the kids, even loose ones.

Once the obligation of ensuring financial security for children is realised, at 18 in the UK, then there really should be no further need of ties, of any sort to the ex.

They were not happily married, they were divorced, it is not as if he lost a loving or beloved wife.

The only ties that exist are for the children, not through the children.

Skydragon said:
The only ties that exist are for the children, not through the children.

Ties are ties.

sassie said:
No, realistically, in regard to the enquiries, millions have been spent since 1997 because a lot of people don't want to accept the truth. She can hardly be blamed for that.

If the money fronted by a sponsor is to becovered by the admission fees, then the public that attends is choosing 'to be landed with the bill'. If they don't want to pay for it, then they won't go.

Even I think she can be held responsible. If she hadn't apparently made allegations against Charles with her letter, if she hadn't made whisperings to the press before her death, about 'plots', then the majority, IMO, would have accepted the fact that it was a speeding drunk driver and lack of seatbelt, that caused her death.

I would imagine the cost of hiring the new stadium will be immense, I don't know how many it is expected to hold, but, lets hope the sale of tickets does cover the cost of the hire, insurance, lighting, electricity, sound systems etc and that the 'artists are all going to perform for free!

Correct me if I am wrong....but isn't he considered a widower because she died..at least to the Church of England? That being the case...I am sure if he did make a contribution it wouldn't be a problem.

Whatever the facts maybe (cause we dont know them all)...we have six LONG months to discuss this in great detail...why don't we wait for some more details to come out?

In regards to her being blamed for the costs of the inquiry and the concert...Goodness gracious...its no wonder why no one can move on...let's blame global warming on her as well.

sassie said:
Ties are ties.

That is the sentiment normally held by ex wives, trying to keep their claws into their ex husband.

Once the children are grown, there is normally no need for contact on a social or financial level, with ex's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom