Pictures of Diana as a Child and Teenager

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes,it is a nice pic and she has a lovely long hair:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. nice photos everyone! It's sad to think that she's gone... I wonder who she would have been if she never married P. Charles... sad :(

Those photos are great. When your looking at them, you can't help but notice how normal she looked. Before Charles and fame entered the scene.

I think that she probably would have married another well-born man from her extended social circle, and perhaps she would have had more than two children. I can see her being involved in charity work, but in a more localized settling.

wow. nice photos everyone! It's sad to think that she's gone... I wonder who she would have been if she never married P. Charles... sad :(

This is a photo taken of Diana on the night she attended the private ball in celebration of her upcoming wedding. I think the ball took place in Buckingham Palace on July 27 1981. If anyone has a better picture from that night, please post it - I would love to see what Diana was wearing. It's really hard to tell from this B&W head shot.

Photo: old British newspaper

Squidgy...I know that this was an old post...but do you still have this photo? I have never seen any photos of the pre-wedding ball and would love to see it. Thanks!

Lady Karen :flowers:

Photos

I think this shirt is the one she wore over a turtleneck to the Ludlow Races with Camilla.
Lionel Cherruault CAMERA PRESS, in "Princess" by R.Lacey

Near her Coleherne Court flat.
The photo on the right is dated February 6, 1981. Is that the day Charles proposed, or is she already secretly engaged?
L,R:Lionel Cherruault CAMERA PRESS, in M.B.Harmon biog. of Diana; Bob Thomas CORBIS.

Royal fiancee now but still a teenager...traveling to Balmoral to see Charles after his return from the long tour of Australia.
AP Wide World Photos, in M.B. Harmon biog. of Diana

Lady Jean - is there any way you could repost these photos...or let me know where I could view them on the internet? Thanks!

Lady Karen

She must have changed at the Palace. She wore a bright fushia dress with a stand-up collar at the ball. There's a picture of the gown around (perhaps from the book "A Dress for Diana"), but I've never seen a picture of her wearing the dress...this is after almost 30 years of collecting pictures of Diana.:flowers:

Squidgy...I know that this was an old post...but do you still have this photo? I have never seen any photos of the pre-wedding ball and would love to see it. Thanks!

Lady Karen :flowers:

Those photos are great. When your looking at them, you can't help but notice how normal she looked. Before Charles and fame entered the scene.

I agree, back when she had a healthy weight, no fancy clothes, makeup and jewels, her whole life ahead of her. While some documentaries say she only became beautiful when she was "dynasty di" This was all she needed to be a great beauty IMO

Some early pictures ...

1. Supposedly the first time Charles & Diana are photographed together - at a shoot in January 1978 in Norfolk (Source: old British newspaper)

2. Diana with a friend during an early ski holiday. (Source: International Express)

3. Diana & Charles fishing in Scotland, Sept. 1980. (Source: Life magazine)

4. Diana in London circa 1980. (Source: Paris Match)

Re: picture 2, love how fresh faced she looks in it with little to no makeup, jewels, etc. in a "new" old pic that was uncovered a few years ago. I cant imagine that guy letting someone like her slip away, he's a deer farmer now in Dorset, i believe. He's been tight lipped about the pic, but as much as we'd have never known about her, I do so wish she'd still be around as a middle aged deer farmers wife, instead of the alternative....wonder what thoughts he has about that, as well, oh well, such is life.

Does anyone know where I could watch the early videos of Diana in 1989? The ones where the photographers are walking with her when she is going back and forth to work?

:previous: This one is ITN Source for 1980. Search Results :flowers: YouTube has various clips as well. Here's one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSdfdmqownU Use search terms such as "Lady Diana Spencer" +1980 or +1981 The clips are often parts of longer documentaries, but not always. Just be creative with Diana's name. Try with and without her last name and her second name "Frances".

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom