Paul Burrell, Diana's Former Butler

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where are you getting your information? The Spencers have never sold Diana's wedding dress. The dress is currently on display at Althrop. You can check it out here Althorp | Day Visits & Public Events | The Exhibition .

I don't think Paul would be or should be invited to the wedding. If he was Diana's "rock" he sold her out long ago. William owes him no loyalty since he has exhibitied none himself.
Thank you,I've read this information from Paul Burrell's book about Princess Diana(in Russian translation,surely it was something about wedding-dress of Diana,Princess of Wales).Or maybe the translation was incorrect

Where are you getting your information? The Spencers have never sold Diana's wedding dress. The dress is currently on display at Althrop. You can check it out here Althorp | Day Visits & Public Events | The Exhibition .

Well right now Diana, Princess of Wales' wedding dress is with the Diana, A Celebration exhibit in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. I just saw it today. The dress bead work and material is beautiful. I just wish the dress was less ruffly at the shoulders. It is going back to Althorp in Feb.:flowers:

But aren't there two dresses? The main dress and a back up one...I recall reading that somewhere.

I remember that there was an over-skirt made that could be slipped over the original skirt if something was spilled on it. And there was a toile made that the designers worked with.

But aren't there two dresses? The main dress and a back up one...I recall reading that somewhere.

Zonk, you jogged my memory. There were two dresses. I don't know what happen with the second dress.:flowers:

Last edited:
Really? Can't this guy just quietly fade away.

But he'll be a commentator for Fox, an American station -- hardly the reconciliation he said he wanted with Prince William.
'“Paul knows Diana would want he and William to be on good terms, so the situation saddens him,” we’re told.' (from the Express article).
So he claims to know what Princess Diana wanted better than her own son?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he might almost be right here but he forgets where the blame lies for the split - it was his claims to be 'her rock' and writing books about her. He stopped any chance of good terms but of course he may be right that Diana would have liked her sons to be on good terms and they may still have been that way except that he betrayed Diana.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he might almost be right here but he forgets where the blame lies for the split - it was his claims to be 'her rock' and writing books about her. He stopped any chance of good terms but of course he may be right that Diana would have liked her sons to be on good terms and they may still have been that way except that he betrayed Diana.

Well, that makes sense to me.

As usual Fox has grabbed the wrong end of the stick. Flashbacks of the early 80s wedding aren't welcome or relative to this sparkling new occasion. Leave it to PB to brag re the 'top table', as if he sat at it rather than served it. This will further alienate him from Prince William and cast a pall of gloom that should remain buried. This character is too morbid and money grubbing by any standard.

:previous:
The article states "The Savoy's Sean Davoren claims 'the Paul Burrells of this world should be shot' after the Princess of Wales' former servant published a book detailing his time by her side."
There is nothing about "a third book".

It's a pity that Paul Burrell still hasn't realized that the less said the better. I think he's stating the obvious about Kate in an attempt to win favor with Prince William, but it's too late. The damage was done.

Just when I thought Paul Burrell's 15 minutes were finally up.. I turn on the local Fox channel here in St. Louis and there is Paul Burrell at an upscale furniture store here to hawk his line of upscale furniture -it includes a William chair and a Kate sofa for the wedding.. He also mentioned he is the Fox wedding correspondence....As we used say in the 80's " Gag me with a spoon"

Upscale furniture?!?!?! I'll have to check this out.

Anyway I did not think it was a wise choice for Burrell to betray Diana's confidences,if he hadn't done this,he could have been invited to Prince William's wedding.His willingness to betray private information makes him an untrustworthy soul.Burrell has tried to make it look like he was an indispensible and very important part of Diana's life,though Diana needed supprt of all people around her.He seems sincere in his book,but he is not altogether trustworthy.The handling of the stolen items episode remains questionable.Burrell could have sent items to Buckingam Palace storage facilities if he were so worried about them instead of taking them into his house.

Did anyone notice Mr. Burrell doing commentary on Fox's coverage of the 'Boat Parade on the Thames" for the Queen's Jubilee? I did and was 'very surprised' to say the least. I can't understand why FOX news would even THINK to invite him. What does he know about the different boats that were on the water that day? Maybe he's threatened them with a lawsuit if FOX doesn't keep him employed. Disgusting! with a capital 'D'

The answer to that is its Fox news ! Nothing more needs to be said really.

Was this man betrayed by the RF during the trial? Could that have sparked something in him where he thinks he owes them no loyalty? I don't like the SOB I would hate to have someone I have trusted to abuse that trust as he did, but I am wondering if the RF screwed him during the trial.

Was this man betrayed by the RF during the trial? Could that have sparked something in him where he thinks he owes them no loyalty? I don't like the SOB I would hate to have someone I have trusted to abuse that trust as he did, but I am wondering if the RF screwed him during the trial.

Not really knowing the man himself, all I can do is base an opinion on what I've read over the years. Burrell was a butler. As such, I really don't think the BRF would ever think of him as anything else than a butler in service to the family. It is true though that while he worked for Diana, Princess of Wales, the relationship between Diana and Paul was a more relaxed one and I do honestly believe that Diana came to see him as a trusted friend. I also think that perhaps Mr. Burrell believed his role was more important than it really was.

As to did the RF screw Burrell over? I don't think so. I don't think they gave him much thought at all.

Back
Top Bottom