The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:37 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Shaking My Head.
Oh! thanks...but Paul is the way he is. I don't think he's ever going to change now.. but if people didn't read the articles etc, he would not be writing or being interviewed... He has nothing new to say, so I don't know why people do.. He is an idiot and has behaved badly but I think in his twisted stupid way he genuinely cared for her..
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
He is an idiot and has behaved badly but I think in his twisted stupid way he genuinely cared for her..
I guess he may have served her well when she was alive, but to me, his behaviour since her death is not one of someone who 'genuinely cared for her", just that of somebody ruthless, shamelessly and repeatedly exploiting her and her beloved boys for personal gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Shaking My Head.
Many thanks!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 08-11-2018, 03:08 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I guess he may have served her well when she was alive, but to me, his behaviour since her death is not one of someone who 'genuinely cared for her", just that of somebody ruthless, shamelessly and repeatedly exploiting her and her beloved boys for personal gain.
I don't think it is as "ruthless" as you see it. I think he did love her in a twisted weird way.. and even now 20 years later, he still cares, still thinks about her.. and he doesn't say anyting bad about her.. Of course he says embarrassing STUPID things.
The other 2 were crtitcial of her. THey had parted on bad terms, and while they mostly wrote their books for money, I think there was also a revenge element in writing critical books.
But Paul is a dimwitted guy, who still clings to his glory days when he was working for this beautiful and famous woman, and was at least treated with fondness by her.. and he can't let go of it.. AND he is alsos selifish and egotitiscal and has become addicted to being interviewed and getting his face in the papers at times as someone who knew her, and he can't let go of that either..
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 08-11-2018, 05:32 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I don't think it is as "ruthless" as you see it. I think he did love her in a twisted weird way.. and even now 20 years later, he still cares, still thinks about her.. and he doesn't say anyting bad about her.. Of course he says embarrassing STUPID things.
The other 2 were crtitcial of her. THey had parted on bad terms, and while they mostly wrote their books for money, I think there was also a revenge element in writing critical books.
But Paul is a dimwitted guy, who still clings to his glory days when he was working for this beautiful and famous woman, and was at least treated with fondness by her.. and he can't let go of it.. AND he is alsos selifish and egotitiscal and has become addicted to being interviewed and getting his face in the papers at times as someone who knew her, and he can't let go of that either..
Let's just agree to disagree.

Not doubting that he may have "loved " her, but he pits himself before her boys, and that's not great in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 08-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Let's just agree to disagree.

Not doubting that he may have "loved " her, but he pits himself before her boys, and that's not great in my book.
of course. I certainly don't approve of him but he is not the only ex employee to write about Diana and to still be commentating about her many years later. IIRC Ken Wharfe was chatting on about Di last year and criticising William, whom he probably hasn't seen for literally a decade or more..
Im sure the boys are inured ot the fact that some of Diana's staff will continue to use their former relationship with her to talk about her.. and they just ignore it or try to.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 08-14-2018, 12:10 AM
Elan's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Kalispell, United States
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I have had about 20 years to watch Burrell in action publicly, and I, along with most people who have read about him, have formed an opinion on the matter.

Lets also be clear, it is not that there has been a one-off error of judgement. This man has spent 20 years repeatedly and ruthlessly exploiting his relationship with Diana for commercial gain, quite often in a way that is directly hurtful to the Princes.

If you have a different perspective to this, I will be happy to hear your thoughts.
On the subject of St. George's Chapel, if no one's offended..Paul speaking a few hours before the wedding. Maybe he was offered a stipend for his opinion, but at 1:10 he visibly quenches back tears which don't seem contrived. Display of genuine warmth to Meghan and Harry. That he was there on the idea to keep prospects going, would portray the complete opposite.

When someone is crying heartfelt tears of joy on a day widely touted as a wonderful occasion, then with a burst of emotion attempts to stand at the rear of a Chapel, but instead finds himself treated like a pariah or outcast of some kind.. This is the right outcome ?

[youtube]
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 08-14-2018, 10:09 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,305
Paul didn't have an invitation to the wedding. Surely he would know enough about royal protocol and security to realize that his place was with the regular onlookers who showed up to watch Meghan and Harry's carriage procession after the wedding. He should have known that he wasn't in a position to get closer to the Chapel than any other uninvited guest.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 08-16-2018, 07:02 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,161
Yes it is the right outcome. He was not invited to the wedding. Harry and Megahn did not want him to be there. he knew quite well tht he was just making himself conspicuous, by trying to put himself forward at their wedding
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, paul burrell, princess diana, tabloid press


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Paul I (1901-1964) and Queen Frederika (1917-1981) Josefine Greek Royal History 328 04-01-2021 06:14 PM
Diana: The Paul Burrell brother-in-law sex claims, June 2008 Warren Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 132 07-16-2010 01:27 AM
"The Way We Were: Remembering Diana" by Paul Burrell (2006) Skydragon Royal Library 141 10-21-2006 06:38 AM
"A Royal Duty" by Paul Burrell (2003) Yennie Royal Library 31 07-15-2006 05:49 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication america anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde resusci anne royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress solomon j solomon stuart thailand united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×