Painted and Photographic Diana Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the following portrait of a very beautiful Diana has not been posted before :)

(Royalty Monthly)

Beautiful, beautiful Diana. Thank you very much Iceflower. How do you locate the pictures you post in this forum? I have not seen this one before but it is now definitely a favourite.

This thread is a real treat!! I thought I had seen almost all of Diana's portraits, I guess I was wrong. Does anybody know where you can purchase 8x10's of any of Diana's portraits? I would love to have a beautiful framed photo like these in my home.

did anyone managed to but the book? i tried but run out of stock and amazon refunded my money .. sob :(

xtan said:
did anyone managed to but the book? i tried but run out of stock and amazon refunded my money .. sob :(

Amazon has it in stock right now. But I'am waiting for the price to go down a bit.

sirhon11234 said:
Amazon has it in stock right now. But I'am waiting for the price to go down a bit.

It's a lovely book. I wouldn't rate it among my favorites, because the Testino photographs seem to be everywhere, so you won't see anything in the book you can't find on the Internet...but they are nice pictures and beautifully presented in the book.

I never saw the portrait of 1983 before very nice.

Me neither, very cool. Thanks gfg02

She is missed

It makes me so sad to look at all these beautiful photos and portraits.

Diane

Diana exhibit in Australia

Australian members may be interested in this news..

The "Diana: A Celebration" exhibition comes to Australia

From September 29 the exhibition, on loan from the Earl Spencer, will be at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney.

Disply items number over 150, and will include Diana's wedding gown, diamond tiara, veil and 7.5 metre train, family items from her childhood, photos, personal possessions and private letters. The exhibit will include material covering Diana's support for AIDs, charities, the homeless and landmine victims.

Paintings of Diana

I was wondering if we could start a thread of all the lovely paintings of Diana. I saw a program on this subject on BBC America. I saw a great one called Mystic Wedding I believe. Does anyone know where I can find it online? :flowers:

Pictures of Princess Diana paintings Diana in Art by Mem Mehmet
Andy Lloyd Paintings Celebrity Portraits
Ted Turner (CNN founder) & Bison, Gauguin style, Princess Diana, New Orleans Jazz, John F. Kennedy, Jr. Oil Paintings by Carleestudio.com
http://www.wjxart.com/images/pres/a49.jpg (drawing from ·¢Ðå|maestro|ÈËÏñÐå|κ¾´ÏÈ|·¢ÐåÒÕÊõ|Ë®²Ê»­ÒÕÊõ)

Diana by Nelson Shanks, 1994 (also this photo took during the painting session. Diana doesn't wear the green skirt and she having a soda)

A Pizza place owner asked Andre Durand to paint him and Diana with a pizza, in tribute to her (lol, excuse me I had to laugh at the thought of the word 'pizza' and 'Diana' in the same sentence). Picture : Art in food preparation

By Nelson Shanks painted in 1994. The Princess hung this portrait in her apartments at Kensington Palace Earl Spencer has it now.
Google Image Result for http://www.seenthat.netfirms.com/images/doom/di.jpg

Mr. Shanks was recently interviewed. I was very impressed with his portrait of Diana and this man as an artist. His artistic talent equalled the verbal expression of his soulful thoughts in a way one could easily understand.

The wistful, regal Diana in Queen Mary's emerald choker is most assuredly a dignified and modern representation of the princess. I can understand how her brother would have chosen that particular expression for her to grace the wall of ancestors at Althorp.

The one of Diana in the pink satin is one of my favorites. I loved seeing it again,

Hi GillW. I have been trying to find out information; date, place, occassion, of the portrait of Diana in the red shiny evening dress. Are you able to shed any light on the matter?

Hi GillW. I have been trying to find out information; date, place, occassion, of the portrait of Diana in the red shiny evening dress. Are you able to shed any light on the matter?

All I know is that it was commissioned for Vogue, but I don't know why or exactly when. After it was published in their edition after Diana died, I wrote & suggested they publish it and a few of the others as postcards, but they said that Vogue wanted to protect the images and would not release them for use in that format. I've never found any more information about that particular picture, so I'd be glad to learn if anyone else knows....:ermm:

Can we try to list all the portrait photographers and artists-painters of Diana?
I know she has been photographed for portrait by Snowdon, Patrick Demarchelier, Mario Testino, and Tim Graham. For portrait painters, I only think of Nelson Shanks. What are some others? For a time, Demarchelier was her favorite. He took, among others, the black-and-white photos of Diana and her boys at Highgrove, where they are holding the rabbits. :) I think it is likely he took the Vogue ones too because he worked for Vogue.
Tim Graham of course took the famous ones of the Waleses at KP in different years, mostly in the early-to-mid 80s.
I think Snowdon took all the ones that are seen in the Christie's catalog. The Testino ones are just amazing, not hard to understand why they are her sons' favorite of her.

Last edited:
Thanks GillW for that. I am a keen to try where possible to date pictures.

Back
Top Bottom