Memories of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? :ohmy: Where's the happy end then? To me her life rather looked like a drama. Elaborately staged, but still.

Not all novels have a happy ending.

You saw her 40 times. Wow! Did you ever see her wear the same outfit twice? Did you take lots of pictures?:flowers:

yes i did see her wear the same outfit twice...a particular green suit comes to mind and a short black and white cocktail dress also. it was a bit disappointing to see her in the same outfit as it wasn't good for the photos!! all looked the same! having said that i saw her in very nice outfits and i am so thrilled to have photo albums of my own pics of diana.
there were lots of other people who went to dianas engagements regularly and i made friends with some who i am still in touch with, which is nice. like everybody here, we loved diana and it was shocking how her life came to such a tragic end when she was certainly at her most beautiful and she seemed to be going in the right direction.

Irishdi you are so lucky thank you for sharing your memories!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i hae finally managed to upload a pic of me with diana! this was taken at merchants taylors hall, london dec 1991.

Attachments

• diana.jpg
    diana.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 329
WOW! Do you remember what she said to you that day? Its almost 20 years now.

It would have been interesting what she would have thought of Kate and Chelsey. Would she have liked them? If Prince William had decided to make Kate and Prince Harry decided to marry Chelsey, I wonder what Princess Diana's reaction would have been.

:previous:
We could speculate all day as to how Diana may or may not have thought or felt about this, that and the other.
Besides being outside the scope of this thread, we'll never know so it's best to avoid putting words in Diana's mouth 13 years after her death.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

i have finally uploaded successfully! i do hope you all enjoy my photos of diana. i really enjoyed taking the pics, waiting to get them developed(no digital cameras then!) and showing them to any one who would indulge me! i am really privileged to have met her and i am thrilled to have this photographic memory of those times.:flowers:

Attachments

• diana 001.jpg
    diana 001.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 346
  • diana 002.jpg
    diana 002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 458
  • diana 003.jpg
    diana 003.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 548
  • diana 004.jpg
    diana 004.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 346
  • diana 005.jpg
    diana 005.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 334
  • diana 006.jpg
    diana 006.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 340
  • diana 007.jpg
    diana 007.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 438
  • diana 008.jpg
    diana 008.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 404
  • diana 009.jpg
    diana 009.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 388
  • diana 010.jpg
    diana 010.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 353
some more for you all to browse. if you want to know dates or locations i have all info for each set of pics. obviously these are just a selection from each time i met her, the best photos in most cases.

Attachments

• diana 011.jpg
    diana 011.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 692
  • diana 012.jpg
    diana 012.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 430
  • diana 013.jpg
    diana 013.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 427
  • diana 014.jpg
    diana 014.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 481
  • diana 015.jpg
    diana 015.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 324
  • diana 016.jpg
    diana 016.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 423
  • diana 017.jpg
    diana 017.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 463
  • diana 019.jpg
    diana 019.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 326
  • diana 020.jpg
    diana 020.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 406
  • diana 021.jpg
    diana 021.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 332
all of these were taken late 1990 and early 1991

Attachments

• diana 022.jpg
    diana 022.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 478
  • diana 023.jpg
    diana 023.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 314
  • diana 024.jpg
    diana 024.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 460
  • diana 025.jpg
    diana 025.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 370
  • diana 026.jpg
    diana 026.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 470
  • diana 027.jpg
    diana 027.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 423
  • diana 028.jpg
    diana 028.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 400
  • diana 029.jpg
    diana 029.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 353
  • diana 030.jpg
    diana 030.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 395
  • diana 031.jpg
    diana 031.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 400
the yellow outfit: taken at the mansion house, london october 8th 1990
the purple outfit: taken at merchants taylor hall, london september 27th 1990
the evening dress: taken at the garrick club, london september 22nd 1990

Attachments

• diana 032.jpg
    diana 032.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 403
  • diana 033.jpg
    diana 033.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 414
  • diana 034.jpg
    diana 034.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 404
  • diana 035.jpg
    diana 035.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 421
  • diana 036.jpg
    diana 036.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 399
  • diana 037.jpg
    diana 037.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 460
Oh Irishdi!! Thank you for sharing your pictures! They are soo gorgeous and precious! We will never ever forget our Diana!!!!

WOW! Do you remember what she said to you that day? Its almost 20 years now.

i remember that day very well, even though it 20 years ago! unusually there were not the usual number of diana followers there that day, so i found myself alone in a press pen with alot of photographers all clambering for the best view of diana's arrival and then of her leaving. when she exited the building i called her (i had the usual bouquet of flowers) but i didn't think she would come over to me because of all the photographers. so she hesitated for a moment and then strided towards me! i gave her the flowers, she thanked me and said are you ok in there with all those guys! i said i was surviving and she said i hope you are all looking after her! so i replied there were worse places i could be and she emphatically said, TRUE!!
all during those couple of minutes all you could here were the shutters on the cameras clicking constantly and people yelling "Mam Mam" but i was having that brief conversation with her and boy was i delighted with myself! very special memories:)

Loved those pictures. What a treat!

This is indeed a treat! She looked gorgeus in this photos.

Thank you irishdi for the memory and lovely photos of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Did Diana know you by name, Irishdi? She certainly would have got to know your face well. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. :flowers:

i remember that day very well, even though it 20 years ago!

Did Diana know you by name, Irishdi? She certainly would have got to know your face well. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. :flowers:
she recognised me mermaid but she did not know my name. she knew after speaking to her a few times that i was obviously irish and she remarked once that she liked my accent and never to lose it! she also knew i was a nurse, through conversation, and she would ask me where i was working now and if i liked it. i was working in the field of haematology which she seemed interested in and knowledgable about.
i eventually moved from london to gloucester and when i told her that she kind of grimaced...i suppose by then it was camilla country, so not surprising!

That's interesting re: Gloucester. And of course Princess Anne and the Michaels of Kent lived there as well. So perhaps not the most comfortable place for her, especially in the days when you were taking your pictures.:ermm:

I wonder if her reaction would have been different had you talked to her in, say, 1982? BTW this is a rhetorical question, I don't really want to start speculating on what she would have said.

i eventually moved from london to gloucester and when i told her that she kind of grimaced...i suppose by then it was camilla country, so not surprising!

Great photos - thanks for posting - you get such a different feel from peoples cherished photos than from the paparazzi stuff.

I think that we're going to see more and more of these items released as the years go by. People will be clearing and cleaning and giving away and things will show up that haven't been seen before.:flowers:

Before the princess became royal she dressed in Laura Ashely clothes. Does anyone know if Diana, Princess of Wales KP had wallpaper from LA?:flowers:

i have finally uploaded successfully! i do hope you all enjoy my photos of diana. i really enjoyed taking the pics, waiting to get them developed(no digital cameras then!) and showing them to any one who would indulge me! i am really privileged to have met her and i am thrilled to have this photographic memory of those times.:flowers:
Wow! These are great! You're so lucky, you got to see her so many times. When did you start following her? Do you have any pictures of her and Charles?

i first met diana in 1989 in bromley, kent. she was at a ballet performance. i waited for hours in wind and rain but was well rewarded when she came over to me! i never met her and charles together b ut i met charles once or twice!

Back
Top Bottom