The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Commoner

Would I feel less sad in a church or on the island...obviously it does not matter. I plan to go to Althorp Estate and visit what I can. I have read so many books about her, that I no longer feel the need to know every new thing that comes along about her. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that all the Facebook pages are created solely for the gossip and the drama over the highs and lows of her life. The haters and trolls ruin all of them. When I seen an idiot that was just being nasty about her and he had a 'Favorite Fan' icon above his name I realized the admins were not interested in it to be a strictly fan based page I knew I had been duped. Yes, I have read about all of her failings and sometimes childish behavior, but I don't care about any of that as its just immature and improper to dig that far and deep into her life. Writers and researchers interviewed every person ever connected to her to get the good that she did, yes, but to them more importantly to get the dirt on her. So I finally realized that I loved her because she was down to earth, she had her battles and she fought back and I felt like she triumphed in the end. She did so much good for so many people that needed her help, and that is rare these days. When she died I cried like a baby with my family. We were so shocked and I really took the pain of it to my soul. We all said, "Why? Why?" There is no answer to that and it leaves your heart feeling so empty and all over a beautiful lady that I never met. If God decides to finally send back someone from heaven because he felt their life was unfinished and they had so much more to give...I would want it to be her..!! May she always rest in peace.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Majesty

I believe she does rest in peace, whether on the island or in the family vault. The reason she was buried on the island was to prevent problems with the demented whom they did not believe would leave her grave undisturbed. With the estate security, they can at least feel a sense of peace and security, although the same would have applied to Frogmore as that too is fairly secure.

Charles Spencer built or renovated the memorial to Diana which is not on the island meaning visitors to the estate can stop and read and pay their respects. The island itself is still off-limits and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011...20_468x452.jpg

Old 12-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayal View Post
Would I feel less sad in a church or on the island...obviously it does not matter. I plan to go to Althorp Estate and visit what I can.
Agreed, Althorp is surely a terrific spot. Great as it is, the public might have felt a little less shunned, in a cathedral setting perhaps..

Happy Holidays

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/bR5e02892944a6c

Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 AM
Commoner

There are no close up pictures of Diana, Princess of Wales' burial site, but there is this youtube video taken I assume by a Google Earth satellite and the narrator draws in close enough to see a rough outline of her monument. He didn't point this out but it looked like a white stone bench to the right of the memorial. May she always rest in peace. https://youtu.be/HzDa2tmXaCs

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey