The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1221  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
The 'princess' is superfluous .. say Diana and EVERYONE knows who you mean !
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1222  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,660
There are other dianas, if you want to attract people to read something, its likely to be headline "princess Diana" (or Lady Diana)....
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1223  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
so if that was the case, why not perfrom CPR while moving and get her to hospital as fast as possible.
The concern was that with the internal bleeding that any jostling of the patient could increase the blood loss.Her blood pressure continued to hover at a very dangerous level. Even with the slow rate of speed, Diana went into cardiac arrest a second time en route to the hospital. Had they moved any faster, there was a greater likelihood that she'd bleed out in the ambulance.
Reply With Quote
  #1224  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,660
I thought that they didn't realise she had internal bleeding. However Im quite prepared to believe that she had good care, and that they had to stop to do whatever was necessary to stop her from dying of heart failure in the ambulance. I don't generaly subscribe to conspiracy theories...
Reply With Quote
  #1225  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:51 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,086
I've read in some medical journal in the days and weeks immediately following the tragedy that directly massaging the heart, as was reportedly done by rescuers who responded to the accident and by ambulance personnel on the way to hospital might have actually made things worse. The tear in the pulmonary artery was bleeding out and cardiac massage would have made it worse.

I really don't see how there was any hope of saving her life unless she had been operated on within minutes of impact which of course was impossible given the circumstances.

There is simply no way at all to diagnose such a severe internal injury like Diana's in the field, none.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #1226  
Old 08-31-2017, 11:09 PM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, United States
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I've read in some medical journal in the days and weeks immediately following the tragedy that directly massaging the heart, as was reportedly done by rescuers who responded to the accident and by ambulance personnel on the way to hospital might have actually made things worse. The tear in the pulmonary artery was bleeding out and cardiac massage would have made it worse.

I really don't see how there was any hope of saving her life unless she had been operated on within minutes of impact which of course was impossible given the circumstances.

There is simply no way at all to diagnose such a severe internal injury like Diana's in the field, none.
IIRC there was an interview with Diana's mother where Frances said that she was told later by the medical staff that even if the accident had occurred in the hospital parking lot Diana still would have died - the damage was that severe.
Reply With Quote
  #1227  
Old 09-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I thought that they didn't realise she had internal bleeding. However Im quite prepared to believe that she had good care, and that they had to stop to do whatever was necessary to stop her from dying of heart failure in the ambulance. I don't generaly subscribe to conspiracy theories...
They didn't realize it initially when they were checking the occupants of the car. However once she was removed from the car, her blood pressure plummeted and she went into cardiac arrest. The doctor who accompanied the ambulance crew realized this was likely due to internal bleeding.
Reply With Quote
  #1228  
Old 09-01-2017, 04:18 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
IIRC there was an interview with Diana's mother where Frances said that she was told later by the medical staff that even if the accident had occurred in the hospital parking lot Diana still would have died - the damage was that severe.
These kind of situations is what makes emergency service work so stressful. Its a profession that takes quick mental assessment skills and quick action knowing that the outcome is never a guaranteed positive one. Its being put into a situation where even the best of human assistance just isn't enough.

I think with this discussion, we can realize more why William was so dedicated to his work with SAR and EAAA and the importance of being able to work seamlessly as a team when they're called out on a incident. Split second decisions can mean the difference between life and death and it takes a certain mindset to be able to work effectively and quickly to get done what needs to be done and to process what they've seen. These people see things that they really wish no one ever had to see.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1229  
Old 05-29-2018, 05:01 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,834
Looks like The Infanta Pilar of Spain sitting beside Princess Margriet of the Netherlands near Hillary Clinton in this video from the funeral of Diana.

Reply With Quote
  #1230  
Old 06-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Somewhere in the U.K, United Kingdom
Posts: 108
Does anyone know why all the royal family attended Diana's funeral? After all, she was divorced from Charles and in a normal scenario you would not expect all your ex-husbands family to attend your funeral.
Reply With Quote
  #1231  
Old 06-30-2018, 12:54 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,660
Since it was a state funeral of course the RF were goig to attend...
Reply With Quote
  #1232  
Old 06-30-2018, 09:17 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,524
She was also the mother of the Heir's heirs.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #1233  
Old 06-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_enthusiast View Post
Does anyone know why all the royal family attended Diana's funeral? After all, she was divorced from Charles and in a normal scenario you would not expect all your ex-husbands family to attend your funeral.
Never underestimate the state of importance of who Diana was and her funeral arrangement. Once the future Queen consort, Mother of the second and third in line to the throne. The People’s Princess, global icon and humanitarian. The whole world was at that funeral.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1234  
Old 06-30-2018, 10:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,400
Yes, Dman. I think you are quite right. There was a lot of symbolism on display that week and it includes the funeral turnout.
Reply With Quote
  #1235  
Old 07-01-2018, 02:09 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Since it was a state funeral of course the RF were goig to attend...
It was not a state funeral.
Reply With Quote
  #1236  
Old 07-01-2018, 02:50 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,660
In essence it was. THe RF organised it, it was using the palns for the Q mother's funeral, and it was because Diana was a former royal and a public figure...
Reply With Quote
  #1237  
Old 07-01-2018, 02:52 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
In essence it was. THe RF organised it, it was using the palns for the Q mother's funeral, and it was because Diana was a former royal and a public figure...
I am afraid the former Princess did not have a state funeral. The Queen Mother did, as did Margaret Thatcher.

The Princess had a "unique" funeral reflecting her "unique" position as the mother of a future King, and the former wife of another future King.
Reply With Quote
  #1238  
Old 07-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,334
The last state funeral in the UK was in 1965 for Winston Churchill and that was an exception to the rule that state funerals are reserved for monarchs.

Diana's funeral was based on the plans already established for the Queen Mother's funeral but it was by no means a state funeral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_...United_Kingdom
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1239  
Old 07-01-2018, 04:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The last state funeral in the UK was in 1965 for Winston Churchill and that was an exception to the rule that state funerals are reserved for monarchs.

Diana's funeral was based on the plans already established for the Queen Mother's funeral but it was by no means a state funeral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_...United_Kingdom
It was in essence. otherwise She would have been buried privately by her family, and not had a public dimension an the RF would not have been there...
Reply With Quote
  #1240  
Old 07-01-2018, 05:25 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Somewhere in the U.K, United Kingdom
Posts: 108
I loved Diana and thought the funeral was very appropriate and moving. In a normal scenario having all your ex-husbands family at your funeral would be unusual but Diana was the mother of a future King and given it was a royal funeral it would be protocol for all the royal family to attend. If I’m right I don’t believe it was a royal ceremonial funeral as there was no lying in state or military procession. Do you know which royals are entitled to a royal ceremonial funeral?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death & Funeral of King Hussein Alexandria Royal House of Jordan 75 02-18-2018 11:28 PM
Death & Funeral of Prince Alexandre Stefan Royal Family of Belgium 136 08-15-2010 08:53 PM
Death and Funeral of HI&RH Archduke Karl Ludwig (1918-2007) Marengo The Imperial House of Austria 27 11-10-2009 08:50 AM
Death & Funeral of Countess Sonja Bernadotte: October 21 and 25, 2008 Hanna Regina Swedish Royal History 15 10-27-2008 11:44 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british royals chittagong cht crown princess victoria diana princess of wales dragons duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree future games haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill history house of glucksburg imperial household intro israel italian royal family jacobite japan jumma kids movie king willem-alexander list of rulers mailing maxima mountbatten nepalese royal jewels nobel prize norwegian royal family prince charles of luxembourg princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen louise queen maxima royal balls royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon spain speech spencer family sweden taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×