Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You both mean "last century" but of course your point is correct Mermaid. :)

Of course, Warren re: the "last century" bit. I find it hard to thing of the late 90s as "the old century.":lol:

You both mean "last century" but of course your point is correct Mermaid. :)

I had not intended to read this thread but I'm glad that I did - it is very interesting.

The news details of Diana's death - first the accident, then some minor injuries, etc. - reminded me of the news accounts of the death of Princess Grace in 1982.

Grace was "slightly injured" "a broken leg" then suddenly, she was dead.
Same shock, same reactions.

I like to remember Diana from the glorious photos taken of her over the years - it is such a sad loss of a young life so full of promise.

The posts about Jade Goody's funeral have been moved to the Celebrity News thread in Members' Corner.

seriously, i think diana is not dead, i think she underwent al least neuropreservation at the hospital if not the hole body, something else was put in the coffin. At first you think that`s crazy but what could have stopped them doing this? We must not forget that she is the Mother of William and Herry. First preservation of a body was made in 1962. I think that people that belive important persons really die are dumb. If you have a chance to live like cryonics you don`t waste it just because.

Your post is just too rediculous for words

:lol::ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::lol::eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol::lol::eek::eek:

What's left of her hey...?....Ask him while in the loony bin
Proposterous,really girl,who threw that brick to your head..:
PPE Agency

..for pete's sake.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gracerainier
seriously, i think diana is not dead, i think she underwent al least neuropreservation at the hospital if not the hole body, something else was put in the coffin. At first you think that`s crazy but what could have stopped them doing this? We must not forget that she is the Mother of William and Herry. First preservation of a body was made in 1962. I think that people that belive important persons really die are dumb. If you have a chance to live like cryonics you don`t waste it just because.

As sad as it was/is, Diana, Princess of Wales passed away over eleven years ago and was layed to rest on the Althorp Estate which is the principal seat of the Earls Spencer, and Diana's childhood home.

She won't be coming back, but her memory will be remembered by those generations that lived during her lifetime...:)

Question: If a queen, princess whatever (for example princess Caroline od Monaco) would come close to death what would she choose : to be burried and nothing be left of her or to be cryopreserved with a possibility of revival ??? Of course, you people, you wouldn`t be told by press that she choose the least.For God sake, if ordinary people are preserved , royal wouldn`t ! Think a little of this!

I promise to think just a little on this,but only if you promise to be back in the institution on time tonight.:)

there are videos on YOUTUBE showing Diana alive !

A video doesn't prove anything. With all the computer manipulation, you can easily revive people on screen. Pictures of the Loch Ness, Big Foot, and god knows what else were taken: it will never prove they exist.

ETA: gracerainier, please stop editing your posts. It becomes confusing.

Somewhere i read that 40 % of the British people think that she is alive. I saw her alive on Youtube!

You're right: on Youtube, a place where thousands people upload videos everyday where there's nobody to tell if it's true or not. Elvis is on Youtube, do you assume he is still alive?

Not only is Elvis alive but he was cloned so many times. There are about 50 of him at the Las Vegas strip.........One or two of him perform quickie weddings for a small fee of course.........lol

Somewhere i read that 40 % of the British people think that she is alive. I saw her alive on Youtube!

Dear, if you think Diana, Grace Kelly or Elvis is alive you should go to see a clinical psychologist for help with being able to accept the fact that on 31st September 1997 Diana, Princess of Wales died in a tragic car accident in Paris and she was buried the following week at Althrop Estate.

I must only have met the other 60%, still, when I was in Harrods the other day I thought I saw .....:ROFLMAO:

Was that the video that someone made with a Diana look-alike? Something about Diana living quite happily in a small community somewhere? I've seen that one.

Even if Diana had wanted to be frozen and preserved for future revival, my understanding is that that's only available who die of disease. Diana died in a very sad car accident, I agree.

Dear, if you think Diana, Grace Kelly or Elvis is alive you should go to see a clinical psychologist for help with being able to accept the fact that on 31st September 1997 Diana, Princess of Wales died in a tragic car accident in Paris and she was buried the following week at Althrop Estate.

Now that's what I call really dashed bad luck! Faking her death on 31st August then actually dying in a car accident a month later. Oh the irony!
:hiding:

Lol. I think it would be possible to bring someone to life and, with the technology of the future, cure the wounds of a person who died in an accidental way like Diana. But I'm not doctor so it's just a guess ...

YOUR IDEAS ON PAGE 4 of this thread made ME write what i had written

The comparison of Diana, the Pope and chocolate sounds like a surrealist painting lol.
It's indeed the cold that makes a body stay in state. Cryopreservation shows that very well (Cryopreservation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) although if you'd wished that you could reanimate Diana, there's no chance : (link => Cryonics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Moreover, her body wasn't prepared to such a possible experience. It should have been put at 77 K or −196 °C so as to preserve the cells, the brain and the whole blood system.

AND THIS! WELL YOU Gave me reasons to think !

it is supposed that a combination of hermetic sealing and the action of lead compounds from the coffin itself cause the action of putrefaction to slow.

Another reason diana was given a lead lined casket, was to ensure that should the island flood, it would not be likely to rise up with flood water. The oak will, i think have already started to come away from the lead.

Diana's coffin, apparently weighed 50 stone (700lbs), which sounds heavy but my bmw in full dress weighs 22 stone (308lbs).

now who is insane ?

Look it is very hard too accept that such icons like Diana and Grace Kelly are dead.

:previous: Hard? Perhaps. But like most ordinary people I have moved on. It's time everyone did . . . . . for heavens sake, Diana's "boys" are grown men whose love lives are the life-blood of the Tabloids. They, like everyone else, grew up and older. :rolleyes:

All this "Diana is alive" wittering is just plain creepy! :sick:

Look it is very hard too accept that such icons like Diana and Grace Kelly are dead.

Yes, you are proving that.

What has to be understood is that they were icons when they were alive, and for the generations which shared in their lifetime. These generations, our generations, will age and eventually die, and the generations left will not view Diana or Grace as icons, but as historical figures. Remote identities of times since passed. They'll read of them in the history sections of their libraries or view portraits of them hung in museums. They way it should be, imo.

now who is insane ?
Erm, not me I think, more likely to be someone who believes Diana would cause so much pain and heartbreak to her two sons and is now trolling about the country.

The information regarding the lead lined coffin is a fact, the apparent weight was published in an article. My BMW has been weighed on a weighbridge and weighs, full dress but empty panniers, without rider 22 stone - 308lbs.:rolleyes:

now who is insane ?

Please explain what you mean by this comment.

Everything Skydragon has said about Diana's coffin has been made public and the reasons why.

Lead lined coffins are to slow down decay and in case an exhumation is needed this is important as there is more of the body to examine.

The weight of the coffin was discussed at the time of the funeral and the reason being related to the concerns about flooding around the island and concerns about the coffin rising to the surface.

Your comment makes no sense.

AND THIS! WELL YOU Gave me reasons to think !

Now, it's going to be my fault… I would appreciate if you could avoid rejecting faults on others, because unlike you, I have no problem standing by the things I once wrote.
All I did was giving scientific information, nothing close to speculations about YouTube footage. And, I might add that I said there was no chance it could have been done in the condition she was, even though in the future maybe we would find out a way to deal with such a situation.

Last edited:
Not to get into this discussion, and this in no way was started by this lastest diacussion. But I want to ask another contriversial question. Why won't the Earl at least let us have a picture of her grave and headstone? I don't mean to be morbid or macbar. But I bet it is quite nice, tasteful, and presentable. I don't understand why he won't release a picture.

Not to get into this discussion, and this in no way was started by this lastest diacussion. But I want to ask another contriversial question. Why won't the Earl at least let us have a picture of her grave and headstone? I don't mean to be morbid or macbar. But I bet it is quite nice, tasteful, and presentable. I don't understand why he won't release a picture.

As far as I understand, there is actually no gravestone for Diana. This is to keep the exact location of the burial spot protected from possible vandalism or intrusion. Those who need to, know precisely the spot, but I'm pretty sure there is no visible marker at all. The memorial Urn on the Island is deliberately away from the spot, but visible from the pathway for the benefit of the many visitors.

Now that's what I call really dashed bad luck! Faking her death on 31st August then actually dying in a car accident a month later. Oh the irony!
:hiding:

I did know it was August, honestly:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom