Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quite an interesting article. My question would be though is why did Mr. Power wait so long to go public with this information. It seems to have all gone down during August and September which IIRC, was the time Scotland Yard was looking into the allegations made by the SAS officer.

I do find that the book was refused entry into the US to be sold on Amazon weird. Very weird.

The 'Daily Diana' with its risible idee fixe is flogging a dead horse AGAIN !

The 'Daily Diana' with its risible idee fixe is flogging a dead horse AGAIN !

Another aspect could very well be that the author's book is doing just about as well as the "Diana" movie that debuted a few months ago and bombed. He needed to get some PR out there and draw attention to the book.

Just another possibility. :whistling:

I remember a video posted on YouTube that showed "evidence" that a man was being followed/watched. There was nothing there. At all. It was all in his head. As far as the book not getting into the States, perhaps it contains libelous statements.

:previous: I expect that the police will make a public comment as well once the private notifications are made. Even if the police have found no evidence of SAS involvement, the conspiracy theorists will still claim a "cover-up". :bang:

:previous: Of course he wanted her to keep quiet. No one who blabs about work wants it to get back to their superiors that they've talked--whether their story is true or not.:whistling:

I think that the Duke probably understood Diana more than she realized. He also had separated parents. His upbringing was even harder in a way, because he wasn't even raised by his own parents and he had no money of his own; unlike Diana, who had her own money through inheritance as a young woman and could spend time with her parents.

I believe that experience helped with counseling the boys as well. Phillip "lost" his mother at an early age when she was institutionalized. He could relate to his grandchildren about their parents' divorces.

No she wasn't, she was the divorced wife of the heir to the British throne. That's all she was. The rest is simply imagination and wishful thinking and it doesn't give you actual ownership rights or the right to make demands. Like I said, it was this peculiar attitude that she somehow belonged to them which drove her more obsessed fans to feel they had a right to know everything about her and to demand news and information and pictures about every last thing she did. And that led directly to the dangerous behaviour of the paparazzi, right up to and including the fatal accident.
Here!! Here!! I could not agree with you more. I hope Nazma and the countless others like her have finally gotten a life!

:previous: Agreed too, Dman. This could be an interesting book to read, because it's a point of view that we haven't heard before: a French policeman talking about what went wrong with the security that night. We've heard Ken Wharfe's version from a Royal Protection aspect. Let's hear about it from someone across the Channel.

I saw this on the "recent discussion" panel and decided to check in to make sure Diana was still dead.

Phew!

The most interesting thing about the article, is the photograph. It explains a lot.

i found this picture of diana attending grace's funeral in 1982. it's interesting how destiny turns out, that her, being another women very much in the spotlight like grace, was the one chosen to represent GB in the funeral of grace, when she would some years later also pass out due to a car accident when trying to escape the paparazzi.

Pin by Stephanie Santos on Princess Grace of Monaco | Pinterest

Queen Astrid of the Belgians died in a car crash in 1935, also. These deaths aren't unheard of. I think that it was Diana's fame that made her death seem so unusual and conspiracy-theory prone.:ermm:

To be blunt, Diana just wasn't important enough for anyone to bother assassinating her. MI5/MI6 had much, much bigger worries on their plates at that time than a former royal whom only the tabloids and gossip rags were all the interested in.

I agree; however, keep in mind that Diana did have insecurities. She often thought some friend was betraying her in some way, and then she'd drop that person. So she may have sometimes fancied she was in danger, whether or not there was any foundation for that belief.

One of her friend gave a testimony in Diana's inquest confirmed that Diana did receive a phone call from a man who warned her to drop the landmine campaign, otherwise "an accident might happen." So it is not a total fancy.
Which friend? What is your source? It sounds like the total fancy of Dodi Fayed's father, who has been pushing these conspiracy theories to distract from the Ritz Hotel's negligence in Diana's death.

One of her friend gave a testimony in Diana's inquest confirmed that Diana did receive a phone call from a man who warned her to drop the landmine campaign, otherwise "an accident might happen." So it is not a total fancy.

After Andrew Morton's book come out, she once told a friend "After this they are gonna kill me". It is around that time she made a will. Yes, I believe she made a will because she worried about her life.

Diana joined the Red Cross Landmine campaign in January of 1997.
The Morton book came out in June 1992.
IIRC, her will was written in 1993.

When someone gets caught doing something they know is 'wrong', saying 'they are going to kill me', is a figure of speech and not to be taken literally.

Which friend? What is your source? It sounds like the total fancy of Dodi Fayed's father, who has been pushing these conspiracy theories to distract from the Ritz Hotel's negligence in Diana's death.

Here is the transcript of the court hearing. The saying is from the testimony of Simone Simmons, which is in the second part of the hearing. It is an interesting reading
[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Hearing transcripts: 10 January 2008 - morning session

Here is another reference article on this incident.
Hero awards party sealed Princess Diana's fate | Latest News | Breaking News UK and Newspaper content | Daily Star

If she made the tapes, they were probably made at about the same time she made a will. When my husband and I made wills after my kids were born, it got me thinking about what I would want my kids to remember if I died and I wrote them letters (I need to re-read those). Diana probably decided to make a videotape--if the tape exists at all. I don't see anything sinister.

The newspaper said the tapes for William were made several months before her death. As to the question whether she would make this kind of tape to her sons if she didn't fear for her life at all? I know I won't. I don't know anyone who will do that. Only my aunt had done a similar thing -- made a tape for her children, that is because at that time she was at the end of her life due to breast cancer.

Last edited:
If she really worried for her life, which I tend to believe, then it actually can explain why she would suddenly break up with Hasnat Khan and to be with Dodi. Besides the obvious reason that Hasnat Khan didn't want to marry her, another reason important reason is, I think, she thought Al-Fayed family can give her more protection. Actually, when she was with Dodi on the boat, she said the following words to a friend (probably Paul Burrell, I can't remember)

"I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure."

So Al-Fayed has a professional security team, and he is a foreigner, and definitely not part of the establishment. Well it really makes a lot of more sense to me.

[....]

So Al-Fayed has a professional security team, [....]

Mr Al-Fayed had a "professional" chauffeur too...

:whistling:

Mr Al-Fayed tries everything to lay the blame elsewhere but it was his Mercedes S280 with his (drunken) chauffeur and with his bodyguard driving Diana, Princess of Wales....

Last edited:
Here is the transcript of the court hearing. The saying is from the testimony of Simone Simmons, which is in the second part of the hearing. It is an interesting reading
[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Hearing transcripts: 10 January 2008 - morning session

Here is another reference article on this incident.
Hero awards party sealed Princess Diana's fate | Latest News | Breaking News UK and Newspaper content | Daily Star

Thanks for the link. Even though Simmons claims that she heard this threat, there is no evidence that Diana called the police or even told Paul Burrell about this threat. There is even less evidence that someone in the arms industry was behind it. It could have been anyone on the other end of the phone. It's not right to make serious allegations based on one person's unsubstantiated testimony.

We don't know if the tapes even exist, much less when they were made. She apparently made out her will a few months after her separation from Charles and she made a codicil shortly after her divorce.

She made some very poor choices if she was truly in fear for her life. The best way to protect herself would have been to report the threats to the police and employ her own security, rather than rely on the Fayed family. She had more than $30 million. The fact that she didn't want to spend money on her own security indicates that it was not a high priority.

I think the reason she got involved with the Fayeds is because they offered her an opportunity for a free vacation in exclusive areas where she hoped it would be difficult for the paparazzi--unless she decided to make it easy for photographers. She would have been better off spending money like William and Catherine have done (i.e., renting all the cottages on a beach) when they go on vacation.

Last edited:
RE the quote about Dodi making Diana feel safe and secure: I think that she was talking about emotional security. Dodi had all the time in the world for Diana and could give her all his attention, because he didn't have anything like a full-time career. I think that's probably why she became so attached to him.

If she really worried for her life, which I tend to believe, then it actually can explain why she would suddenly break up with Hasnat Khan and to be with Dodi. Besides the obvious reason that Hasnat Khan didn't want to marry her, another reason important reason is, I think, she thought Al-Fayed family can give her more protection. Actually, when she was with Dodi on the boat, she said the following words to a friend (probably Paul Burrell, I can't remember)

So Al-Fayed has a professional security team, and he is a foreigner, and definitely not part of the establishment. Well it really makes a lot of more sense to me.

I think the reason she got involved with the Fayeds is because they offered her an opportunity for a free vacation in exclusive areas where she hoped it would be difficult for the paparazzi--unless she decided to make it easy for photographers. She would have been better off spending money like William and Catherine have done (i.e., renting all the cottages on a beach) when they go on vacation.

I think the reason is that she wanted to lash out at Charles, and she knew he and the rest of the RF despised the Fayeds.

I think the only reason she was with Dodi was she was lonely and he was just a summer fling. A lot of her friends had said she was planning on breaking up with him when she got home. I believe she was telling the truth in the tapes, I don't think she ever plan for anyone to see them so why would she lie?? Diana was very powerful in her own right. People loved her and everything she did was on the front of newspapers. I think she was scared for her life, she had her phones bugged and other personal info giving to the press. I think she was killed because if she was alive she would have made sure Charles never become king!!! She was the number one threat to Charles and she had made it clear she didn't think he should become king on TV.

RE the quote about Dodi making Diana feel safe and secure: I think that she was talking about emotional security. Dodi had all the time in the world for Diana and could give her all his attention, because he didn't have anything like a full-time career. I think that's probably why she became so attached to him.

Here is one more incident about her fear, told by her bodyguard when she was in the first holiday with Al-Fayed family.

Mr Sansum, 43, said: "The Princess was on board the Fayed family's yacht, the Jonikel, and on July 15, the morning the news broke about Versace, I was heading towards my cabin and bumped into her standing on one of the glass fronted viewing decks.

"She was wearing a swimsuit with shorts and a thin blouse over the top and was looking out towards the sea. I said, 'Good morning Ma'am'. It was obvious she had been crying.

"She said to me, 'Have you heard the news about Versace?' I said I had. She was really upset.

"She was crying and I couldn't stop myself, so I put my arms out to comfort her and I gave her a hug. It was weird and I suddenly thought, 'Lee what are you doing?' and stepped back.

"She said to me, 'What do you think has happened? Do you think Gianni Versace was assassinated? Who do you think has killed him? Do you think they could kill me?'

"I had got to know her quite well during the holiday and by then I took that to mean someone official killing her. She didn't say, 'Do you think anyone could kill me?' She said 'they'. I think she meant government agencies.

"I told her she was perfectly safe with us just to calm her down. It was all I could do.

"I felt she was very troubled, not just by Versace's death, but for her own safety."

You know, if there is only one single incident about her fear, then I will believe it is just due to some soothsayer' saying. However, she had showed this kind of fear for quite a period, like the morbid quotes from "The little Prince" to her friends, and those secret tapes, and the story above. It seems to me she had some true fear for her life.

BTW here is the link to the transcript of the hearing of the bodyguard
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20090607230252/http://www.scottbaker-inquests.gov.uk/hearing_transcripts/090108pm.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom